Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,762 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:54 PM

Wike: APC Trying To Penetrate Our Party - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike: APC Trying To Penetrate Our Party (9466 Views)

DSS Butchered Saheed Adisa 'Adogan' After 48 Bullets Failed To Penetrate - ICYMI / APC To Fayose: Joining Our Party Won’t Shield You From Prosecution / Wike: APC Planted A Presidential Aspirant In PDP As A Mole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike: APC Trying To Penetrate Our Party by kcmichael: 6:27am On Feb 10, 2022
Nyesom Wike, governor of Rivers, has accused the All Progressives Congressive (APC) of trying to “penetrate the leadership” of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Wike said this on Wednesday after a closed-door meeting with party stakeholders in Plateau state.

The Rivers governor had earlier attended the court sitting for the trial of Jonah Jang, former governor of Plateau, who is being prosecuted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) alongside Yusuf Pam, former cashier in the office of the secretary to the state government (OSSG), for alleged misappropriation of public funds to the tune of N6.32 billion.

After the court sitting, Wike held a meeting with Jang and Jeremiah Useni, a former governorship candidate of the PDP.

According to a statement by Kelvin Ebiri, his spokesperson, the Rivers governor said the visit was part of efforts to reclaim the state for the opposition party in the next general election.

“I do know that there will be bye-election at the federal constituency and state constituency, and then again we are talking about the gubernatorial and national election next year. If the party is not united, no matter how bad APC is, there is no way we can win,” he was quoted as saying.

“And so, for me, personal sacrifices can be made if you’ve fought wars for this country, for the unity of Nigeria. Today, Nigeria is bleeding. Not only Nigeria is bleeding, Plateau too is bleeding. I have no apology to say that the people of Plateau state are waiting for you both to put the party together and then you will just take back Plateau state. Plateau state is a natural PDP state.

“There are disagreements everywhere. There are disagreements in the party both at the national level. So, it is not a question of ‘I am right’. It is not a question of ‘Jang is right; you are wrong, or you are right; Jang is wrong’. It is a question of, for whatever it takes, can we please, in the name of God, leave our personal interests and make our party move forward.

“APC is trying to penetrate our party to make sure that the leadership of the party at the national level is being distracted through one or two persons. But we are making sure that does not happen. While we are doing that, we also want to make sure that the branches are also united.

“If the party is united, then we are sure of coasting home in 2023. And not just the national election, also Plateau state, knowing fully well that Plateau is a PDP state but somehow we are no longer in power in Plateau state.”

Speaking on the meeting between Jang and Useni, Wike said both men have agreed to work together in the interest of the PDP.

“I can tell you that the two of them have agreed. They will meet on their own, compare notes and share. Then, we will later meet. By the grace of God, I can tell you that PDP will bounce back in Plateau state,” he said.

https://www.thecable.ng/apc-trying-to-penetrate-our-party-says-wike

1 Like

Re: Wike: APC Trying To Penetrate Our Party by Moferere: 6:30am On Feb 10, 2022
Wike, are you not informed too? (in Patience Jonathan voice)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: APC Trying To Penetrate Our Party by CXLVII: 6:53am On Feb 10, 2022
loftyhites:
Wife has done more for PDP than Atiku who lives In Dubai and only comes here when elections approach.

Atiku is working for money, he cannot spend like Wike since he is out of government.

Wike has the keys to Rivers State treasury and why he is relevant now.

Let him leave office and you will see how irrelevant he is.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: APC Trying To Penetrate Our Party by Penguin2: 6:56am On Feb 10, 2022
Wike should go and take several sits with his frog voice.

All this gra gra for an ambition without support.

Is the the north that he is planning to take VAT away from that will support him?

Is it Yoruba that are queuing behind their lord Tinubu?

Is it South East that he has told the world he is not Igbo and went as far as sending the army to Obigbo to massacre Igbo sons and daughters?

Wike, just like the Southwest, is politically isolated and should stop his many noise making.

I would rather vote Tinubu (as much as I hate him) than Wike.

Onye ala!

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike: APC Trying To Penetrate Our Party by Nobody: 6:56am On Feb 10, 2022
Blame your brother, suddenly Amaechi and Fulani are not the problem again

4 Likes

Re: Wike: APC Trying To Penetrate Our Party by helinues: 6:58am On Feb 10, 2022
There is no big brother in Pdp to settle differences, that's exactly what will kill Pdp chances of producing president in 2023

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: APC Trying To Penetrate Our Party by omowolewa: 7:12am On Feb 10, 2022
Still part of the games so keep playing
Re: Wike: APC Trying To Penetrate Our Party by Winters23: 7:19am On Feb 10, 2022
All APC have to do is field Amaechi and Rivers state and other SS/SE states will naturally fall in line.

The best thing going for APC now is the Amaechi factor.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: APC Trying To Penetrate Our Party by johnjay4u2u(m): 7:19am On Feb 10, 2022
Funny headline.
Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike: APC Trying To Penetrate Our Party by Anazp: 7:19am On Feb 10, 2022
Re: Wike: APC Trying To Penetrate Our Party by israelmao(m): 7:20am On Feb 10, 2022
I'm yet to be convinced and enticed by a single presidential candidate from PDP,PDP's oppositional years have been riddled with empty noise and helplessness.
Re: Wike: APC Trying To Penetrate Our Party by Omo9ja147(m): 7:20am On Feb 10, 2022
Make they cha wear condom, because APC get Aids o

4 Likes

Re: Wike: APC Trying To Penetrate Our Party by athaboi(f): 7:20am On Feb 10, 2022
Oga talk too much

1 Like

Re: Wike: APC Trying To Penetrate Our Party by tujays(m): 7:21am On Feb 10, 2022
you mean penetrate as in penetration?? PDP has been fvcked and dumped since 2015. grin

4 Likes

Re: Wike: APC Trying To Penetrate Our Party by Sonnobax15(m): 7:21am On Feb 10, 2022
grin
Mennnnnnnn, anytime I dey hear Odogwu Wike dey yan,I dey get joyyyyyyy cheesy. The only man wey dey comfortably dey smack the whole APC down without any remorse...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: APC Trying To Penetrate Our Party by espn(m): 7:22am On Feb 10, 2022
Nigga talks too much...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: APC Trying To Penetrate Our Party by Ewedegubbler: 7:22am On Feb 10, 2022
I go rather vote Tinubu than wike

2 Likes

Re: Wike: APC Trying To Penetrate Our Party by Sonnobax15(m): 7:24am On Feb 10, 2022
Ewedegubbler:
I go rather vote Tinubu than wike
. As if your one vote go count before grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: APC Trying To Penetrate Our Party by Winters23: 7:26am On Feb 10, 2022
Sonnobax15:
. As if your one vote go count before grin

Every vote counts...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: APC Trying To Penetrate Our Party by Ezedon(m): 7:26am On Feb 10, 2022
Confused leaders
Re: Wike: APC Trying To Penetrate Our Party by MarveworldG: 7:27am On Feb 10, 2022
Lol
Re: Wike: APC Trying To Penetrate Our Party by Thinktwicemybro: 7:28am On Feb 10, 2022
He is 69 years old

He's first child is 50 years old.

Am not surprised he got his wife pregnant when he was 19 years old

Am only bordered about his wife's age. She could be 10 years old then. I wonder how she pushed out the baby.

They quickly went to remove his daughter age from Wikipedia, but it's too late, Nigerians are smarter and wiser.

Say no to ancestors, say no to those who are hell bent on destroying this nation.

1 Like

Re: Wike: APC Trying To Penetrate Our Party by 9iceprince(m): 7:33am On Feb 10, 2022
CXLVII:

Atiku is working for money, he cannot spend like Wike since he is out of government.

Wike has the keys to Rivers State treasury and why he is relevant now.

Let him leave office and you will see how irrelevant he is.

That’s why Tinubu is a Boss, he is relevant despite leaving Elected post since 2007,Don’t tell me He is milking Lagos treasury aswell, afterall you can’t tell me Atiku is Irrelevant in ADamawa State, So tell him to do his Milking there aswell

3 Likes

Re: Wike: APC Trying To Penetrate Our Party by Nobody: 7:33am On Feb 10, 2022
Wike
Re: Wike: APC Trying To Penetrate Our Party by nomenclature(m): 7:35am On Feb 10, 2022
You think say you wise.........no dey disguise you tinubu supporter .come clear mumu
Penguin2:
Wike should go and take several sits with his frog voice.

All this gra gra for an ambition without support.

Is the the north that he is planning to take VAT away from that will support him?

Is it Yoruba that are queuing behind their lord Tinubu?

Is it South East that he has told the world he is not Igbo and went as far as sending the army to Obigbo to massacre Igbo sons and daughters?

Wike, just like the Southwest, is politically isolated and should stop his many noise making.

I would rather vote Tinubu (as much as I hate him) than Wike.

Onye ala!
Re: Wike: APC Trying To Penetrate Our Party by 9iceprince(m): 7:37am On Feb 10, 2022
Winters23:
All APC have to do is field Amaechi and Rivers state and other SS/SE states will naturally fall in line.

The best thing going for APC now is the Amaechi factor.

Someone from a State that has no APC elected official

3 Likes

Re: Wike: APC Trying To Penetrate Our Party by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:37am On Feb 10, 2022
israelmao:
I'm yet to be convinced and enticed by a single presidential candidate from PDP,PDP's oppositional years have been riddled with empty noise and helplessness.
You're an APC supporter , the reason for these comment .

APC has done worst in their 7 years misrule compared to PDP 16 yrs rule

2 Likes

Re: Wike: APC Trying To Penetrate Our Party by Nobody: 7:38am On Feb 10, 2022
The chosen one... 2023 is code... Amen.

Re: Wike: APC Trying To Penetrate Our Party by emmykk(m): 7:39am On Feb 10, 2022
The only way to silence Wike and PDP completely is to present Ameachi as presidential candidate of APC that way the Niger Delta and most South East states,the whole south west and north will vote APC.

But Wike seems to think that Tinubu and is boys may likely get APC tickets then PDP will rise with full force back to power.

ApC should not make the mistake PDP made that made Buhari come to power.

I know Buhari and his cabal are sharp enough to know what is good for them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG To Complete Benin-Lokoja Road Within 6 Months – David Umahi. / The North Is Seriously Atikulating... Pictures / Terrorists Attack 16 Military Bases In 18 Months, Kill 800

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.