Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:56 AM

Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? - TV/Movies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? (64883 Views)

Poll: Choose your favorite three 'action!' screamers

Steven Spielberg: 32% (75 votes)
Martin Scorsese: 26% (61 votes)
Francis Ford Coppola: 9% (21 votes)
Quentin Tarantino: 18% (42 votes)
Peter Jackson: 11% (26 votes)
Michael Bay: 1% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

Whos The Most Beautiful Lady In Hollywood / Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? / Charmed - Luv It Or Hate It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (60) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 9:11am On Feb 12, 2008
Haba! how i go watch those movies for theater? tongue Watched the darn thing online. Still haven't seen it. A li'l busy to see it, but i do hope to see it soon though. D Lewis is just a phenomenal actor. Too bad he doesn't make movies often but i read it takes just as much time for him to get out of character as it is to get into character. Totally into the role. It was long though right?

I think javier is getting the best supporting actor and D Lewis is getting best actor. I have no idea for the Ladies though i wish Cate Blanchett wins (I am biased) grin grin

Have you seen the Diving Bell and the Butterfly? Yet to see it, the only copy i saw had no subtitles so i couldn't watch it through.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by vescucci(m): 11:49am On Feb 12, 2008
I see y'all are getting it on, eh? Without me too. Well, I'm gonna get into the thick of it right away! I was reading y'all going back and forth with Nicolas Cage's career and how it should come to an end. You know what I think? Cage is a localised actor. He's great at playing the benevolent selfless really nice guy. If a role strays too far from this profile, it spells disaster. In capital letters too. I think his last good film was the first National Treasure and I back D that it's been one let-down after the other since then. Recap; Wickerman, Ghost rider, that one where he had a moustache and was playing a fire fighter in the Sept 11 thingie and this matchstick men that I've not even heard of. That guy needs to sort out his kinda film. Maybe he should have been in something like 1408 instead of John Cusack. That's his kinda thing. He's not versatile like people like Emma Thompson and Gary Oldman who you'll despite seeing their names in the end credits won't believe are the same people in the film. They're that good. Cage is only good in his safe haven.

Oscar favorites? I think ditto with D-reloaded. This year's is really going to be streamlined and we know the people who're definitely gonna get the naked arm-folding thingie. Oh and don't forget golden. I am biased about Cate too and all those briticos but I'm not so confident this year. We'll see keeping my fingers crossed!

Digressing, if I may. Don't y'all just love Amy Winehouse? My kinda girl! Ok, enough!
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 12:34pm On Feb 16, 2008
I heard Jumper isn't that much than what you see in the trailer undecided
Waiting waiting. . .next week oscars! grin grin
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by spikyn: 12:48pm On Feb 18, 2008
Hello People! Been a bit.

Oscars? I like Daniel Day Lewis for the best actor thingy, Ratatouille (obviously), Cate (like everyone else smiley ), Julie Christie and Javier Bardem, No Country For Old Men, There Will Be Blood, Juno & Brad Bird for screenwriting/adaption.

Well I've not really been watching much but I've seen I Am Legend (last quarter/ending=urgh!!), Juno (should take home at least one oscar); Waitress (overlooked), Michael Clayton (probably Daniel Day Lewis' potential spoiler for the oscars), on tv: Samantha Who?, House Season 4, Pushing Daises, Heroes Season 2, Journeyman (cancelled, WHY?!), started watching Atonement but couldn't continue, also listening to more naija music grin

Anyway how everyone been?

As with iice I can't wait for TDK but I fear Heath's getting himself killed may change the final cut we will get to see sad

Wall-E is looking like keeping the perfect record going for Pixar sha and CJ& looks like Stephen Chow's golden again.

Lotsa love
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 6:05am On Feb 25, 2008
Ok just finished watching the Oscars. . .It's the night of the foreigners grin grin grin

No surprise for Day Lewis and Bardem. . .Well deserved
No surprise for the Coens too. . .(TOH i know you are very happy with this award tongue)

Am not disappointed that Cate didn't win because it went to a favorite of mine - Tilda Swinton. . .i just love her
Marion Cotillard (sp) well she deserved it (the transformation is very good)

Errhhhh Diablo Well wasn't really rooting for her but congrats anyway.

Congrats to Bourne Ultimatum (3 awards)

Ohhhh spikyn am sure u're happy Brad Bird won grin grin
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by Dreloaded(f): 6:38am On Feb 25, 2008
Indeed I am happy for The Coen Brothers and No Country, such a great movie. smiley grin

What I dont understand is how Josh Brolin wasnt nominated. I also still cant believe Brad Pitt wasnt nominated for Jesse James, he definitely would have posed a challenge to Daniel Day Lewis. But Daniel did deserve it for There Will Be Blood

Tilda is a good actress but gosh she looked terrible

I cant be;lieve that woman's name is Diablo, that's ridiculous, who names themselves after Satan. Lmao,

Im surprised by the wards Bourne received actually
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 6:53am On Feb 25, 2008
Tilda usually looks drab. . .i remember seeing her in the BAFTA's thinking. . .what in the world? undecided

I too don't understand how Brolin wasn't nominated. . .i mean he did great works last year. The only competition in the Actor category was between Clooney and Day Lewis. . .

Hmmm I actually didn't like Brad too much in Jesse James, i mean he was great but not so on point with the narration.
If one wants to win a film, i think don't get nominated the year Day Lewis does lol

Ohhh lordy. . .norbit will now be forever known as oscar nominated ewwww!! The writer's strike did more damage than what is apparent.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by spikyn: 6:40pm On Feb 26, 2008
iice, I am chuffed. If they'd had guts they'da nominated it for best pic. I still believe they created the animation category to keep "live action" from being shame-faced like they were when Beauty & The Beast got nominated.

Still not too happy about Tilda taking the Oscar sha. Bourne deserved all the acclaim and really shoulda have nominations in the "big four" categories sef. D'you notice how the Oscars know a film is great but can't bring themselves to openly acknowledge it so they nominate it for "technical awards"? Remember "Speed" winning "Best Sound, " grin

Diabo Cody's a different kinda woman.

Eddie Murphy's career is,
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by vescucci(m): 11:09am On Feb 27, 2008
Well, how about that? I didn't know you guys still get it on in here. About the Oscars thingie, I very much agree with what all y'all are saying and particularly with what Spikyn said last here;
spikyn:

D'you notice how the Oscars know a film is great but can't bring themselves to openly acknowledge it so they nominate it for "technical awards"? Remember "Speed" winning "Best Sound, "

That's a school of thought that I'm surprised isn't getting hammered in Hollywood. To get any Oscars nowadays one has to act in a film where the story has a lot of drama and depth I concur to this actually but I also think I can give a darn good performance in an action movie too. I mean what's acting all about? It's about rendition, ain't it? This is how a character is on paper, bring it to life somewhere around 90 to 100% and you've got a great acting. So if Heath ledger portrays the joker well enough he should get nominated along with folks from Babel for instance and not get sidelined to the crew awards as best sound, best what've you. Besides you can hardly give such tech awards to say Atonement.

And congratulations Spikyn and Brad's award. I think it's great folks like you appreciate the arts. And Brad's something that brings back the innocence of the 60s and 70s that I so love, even though it's only in toons.

Josh's omission is a mystery unsolved, because he deserved not only to be nominated but to pose a strong challenge. Well in my own opinion, the Oscars better get its act together or else people will start valuing their golden globes more. That's why I rate the Actor's guild a lot. Who better to judge than the players themselves.

Tilda's great too. Always acting strange roles and that definitely gets my attention. Loved her in Narnia and Constantine. Plus she's english! About the strange name Diablo, well my boss' name is Savage and the dictionary doesn't profer a meaning that is even 'not so bad' Besides i like Diablo, hehe. diabolical diablo!
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 3:08pm On Feb 27, 2008
spikyn:

iice, I am chuffed. If they'd had guts they'da nominated it for best pic. I still believe they created the animation category to keep "live action" from being shame-faced like they were when Beauty & The Beast got nominated.

Still not too happy about Tilda taking the Oscar sha. Bourne deserved all the acclaim and really shoulda have nominations in the "big four" categories sef. D'you notice how the Oscars know a film is great but can't bring themselves to openly acknowledge it so they nominate it for "technical awards"? Remember "Speed" winning "Best Sound, " grin

Diabo Cody's a different kind of woman.

Eddie Murphy's career is,

LOL yeah but am happy Ratatouille got the recognition it deserved.
Why aren't you happy about Tilda? I like alot coz like vesc said, she plays unusual roles. . .

Vesc, i really liked in her constantine too, coz she wasn't what i expected. . .Angel Gabriel indeed (Reminds me of this Gabriel movie i watched recently. . .not much to the movie, only thing i enjoyed was the guy's tats - kindda like Clooney's tats in from dusk till dawn) enough side tracking lol.

LMAO action/horrors/sci fi usually get stuck in the the technical zone.
I also like the name Diablo lol ditto for Savage grin grin

I was reading earlier about Whoopi's reaction to not being shown in the clips of memorable hosting moments. . .and then i realized neither were Chris Rock nor Ellen Degeneres shown. undecided

BTW Eddie recently won 3 razzies grin grin all for norbit angry (awful movie) angry
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by vescucci(m): 10:12am On Feb 29, 2008
Oh, Eddie got a razzie. I guess I saw that coming. It's about time he started to think of calling the shots. I think now is the time for him to use his fame to start his own personal travails like reality shows. Or even a black version of punk'd or something. As an actor I think he's pretty handicapped for I don't recall seeing him ever acting a serious role and people are getting eternally more serious. Anyway enough said about him.

Tilda in Constantine made double take. I had to go research whether the portrayal of Gabriel was inexact. But then there are no female or male angels. There are just angels but everybody's caught up in believing they are all male. Nice twist. Plus the movie's so dark and to tell you the truth, I like keanu there better than in the Matrix. Did I mention the smoking thingie is banging. Quid Smokit Me Destruit Me, or thereabouts, hey iice?
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 4:32pm On Mar 03, 2008
Let's see. . .ransacking brain. . .Nope don't remember a serious film of his
Yeah kindda like Jim Carrey going serious undecided I think he should just stop all these his norbit kindda movies, the whole multiple character thing is getting old (if only the characters were totally different) undecided (i think we talked about this earlier on lol)

LOL i know what you mean, i was like Gabriel is a woman but i remembered, the don't have specific genders, atleast from what i remember. Kindda like that Gabriel movie i watched. . .there were male and female Arch Angels and they used to call themselves the Archs. . .When the movie started, i thought it was gonna be like Dune and quickly it deteriorated into some silly movie.

Hmmmm i gotta watch it again for Keanu's acting lol. . .i liked the movie alot (prolly coz it's dark) I find Keanu acting a flat line. . .I would have thought, he would have grown with the years he has put into the movie bizness undecided undecided Times like this i am thankful for the Oscars tongue reward for true craftsmanship cheesy (although it's not always on target)
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by spikyn: 8:35pm On Mar 05, 2008
Jim Carrey turning serious was a real mixed bag for me. I really like The Truman Show and hated him serious in everything else but just for Truman Show I can almost forgive all the other flops. I generally believe the secret to longevity in Hollywood is "Don't believe the hype! Even if it's your own". And stick with good directors and forget about carrying a movie on your own "star-power". Eddie made that mistake and so did Cuba Gooding Jr and even Halle Berry/Charlize Theron too.

Keanu's pretty smart in roles that are built for him sha and Constantine rocked.

iice, finally saw Beowulf. I kinda like smiley

Any Samantha Who/Journeyman fans?

I've been journeying a bit.

You guys good? Been a bit.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by Dreloaded(f): 8:04pm On Mar 07, 2008
iice:

[color=#9900ff]Let's see. . .ransacking brain. . .Nope don't remember a serious film of his
Yeah kindda like Jim Carrey going serious undecided I

Truman Show & Enternal Sunshine Of the Spotless Mind were both good. Wonder if Will Farrell can even pull off such.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by Egnite: 4:45pm On Mar 08, 2008
First of all,

I don't have a favorite director, and i would like the dude that put Peter Jackson in his top 5, to remove him now before he incurrs my wrath. At least he should argue why he put him there.

How can you forget bryan singer, ridley scott, tony scott, michael mann, brian de palma, christopher nolan, farely bros, wachoski bros etc.

And lemme clarify sumptin, it wasn't speilberg that d transformers, it was mann. SS only executive produced.

I like scorcese because of his violence. But you guys should admit it, martin is all about violence he cant do anything soft.

I like speilberg because he brings dreams into reality. Based on that he has not faulted so far. A.I. is so deep, that any one that doesnt see this doesnt have foresight (he/she can barely see past their noses)

Tarantino loves violence too,but not as much as him making it a cult classic. Quentin doesnt like conforming to d norm. He makes movies based on what he thinks is creative. And remember Quentin is, pulp fiction, reservoir dogs, four rooms(which he did with a couple of 3 oda directors), kill bil 1 and 2, sin city (codirected). He didnt do HOSTEL (mental note). He did 1 more but now i forget.

Wachoski bros r ill beyond wit. C V for vendatta and matrix1, i repeat matrix 1. The follow-ups though good can be found wanting, but the plot in 1, impeccable.

M Night is also 1 of my fav. He works include, sixth sense, unbreakable, the village, lady in the water, all tough stuff, especially paul giamatti's lady in the water.

My reviews go on and on. But i repeat please please please REMOVE PETER JACKSON. I only applaud him for bringing tolkiens work to life, and though i loved King Kong, the hobbit looking dude is still yet to prove his worth to me.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by Dreloaded(f): 3:35am On Mar 09, 2008
Egnite:

I like scorcese because of his violence. But you guys should admit it, martin is all about violence he can't do anything soft

The Aviator?
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by doyin13(m): 4:51am On Mar 09, 2008
@D- Reloaded

The king of Comedy with De Niro as well
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 3:43pm On Mar 09, 2008
D-reloaded:

Truman Show & Enternal Sunshine Of the Spotless Mind were both good. Wonder if Will Farrell can even pull off such.

Eternal Sunshine i liked but not big on Truman show undecided
Don't like will farrell that much

spikyn:

iice, finally saw Beowulf. I kind of like smiley

Any Samantha Who/Journeyman fans?

Cool
Journeyman ain't coming back. . .just one season. Haven't followed Samantha Who. Only a bit of one episode undecided

Sorry Peter Jackson is one of the greats and understandably his works may not appeal to all but nonetheless he does things to movies that are just magical (some directors tend to miss the mark)

the hobbit looking dude is still yet to prove his worth to me.
Andy Serkis is supposed to prove Peter Jackson's worth?

The Wachowski brothers i still put on hold till speed racer comes out undecided I like them alot but i wouldn't put them @ Top five, they still have a ways to go.

BTW Peter Jackson did the frighteners. . .seen the movie lately? The effects still hold today compared to some of those dreadful movies which speaks about his touch for special effects. Nwayz to each his/her own

Also detested the movie A.I complete waste of my time.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by spikyn: 9:17pm On Mar 10, 2008
Well that's a shame on the Journeyman thing but some of the best shows ever got axed anyway ao it's in pretty good company.

Peter Jackson is a good director as Martin Scorcese is as Steven Spielberg is. He may have less range and less time in the saddle but he's the good and the reality is even if The Lord of The Rings were the only movies he made, he'd still be revered as a great,

Like A.I. actually, didn't enjoy it and I'm not in a hurry to see it again but I liked it for it's off the wall concepts and abject sadness.

Didn't Scorcese direct the Age of Innocence or was that violent too?
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by vescucci(m): 11:23am On Mar 11, 2008
Nice to see everybody scampering to shield his own director/actor from Egnite's lashing. D-reloaded saving Scorsese and Carey; iice undoubtedly saving Peter Jackson/ Y'all know I'm eternally in Spielberg's camp. Spikyn is kind of saving everybody's ass. Good old Spikyn! @Egnite, all the directors you mentioned are all great. And if you could read though the roughly 250 posts you'd see we mentioned them. First the list is mine, VESCUCCI'S, and not the Academy's or some magazine's, mine! Besides the choices were made on continuity and average ratings. That especially why I couldn't put the Wachowski bros, because they just haven't made enough critically acclaimed movies. Same goes for Zemeckis and their likes. Like iice said, Speed Racer will seal their fate. (BTW they're very courageous to try their hands on that kind of material)

I don't even recall saying Spielberg directed Transformers, I was only probably crediting his involvement in the work. And I also thought Michael Bay was the one who directed it and not Mann!
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 11:43pm On Mar 15, 2008
LOL Vesc. . .
Saw the trailer for Incredible Hulk. . .hmmmm there is some doomsday looking villian (Tim Roth's xter). the doomsday xter looks good
Hulk on the other hand, il wait till i see the movie. . .he's not as glossy as Ang Lee's Hulk, there are more details to the cuts and sinews of his physique. Am soo waiting for some movies. . .tired of all these dry movies tongue tongue
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by Egnite: 8:23pm On Mar 16, 2008
I'm so sorry

I meant to say Michael Bay, not Michael Mann. My BAD.

Wachowski boys have proven their worth, from script writing, to casting, to special effects, to everything that makes sense in this failing world

As serj tankian would say "unavail urself from the unthinking majority".

And please, please, please don't tell me ur saying the aviator is not a violent movie. That movie is as violent as they come. When i say violent i dont mean blood everwhere, heads, knifes, guns, bullet more blood. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I mean the pace the script takes as well as the animosity play.

Aviator is violent my friend and is covered with red.

The guy dat directed eternal sunshine of the spotless mind, i forget his name, frank sumptim, the guy that did the nicholas cage twin movie about the book with meryl streep, yeah ADAPTAION is definitely good in my books.

I forgot to add steven soderbr, , i forget how to spell his name. He is also good.

And how can none of you say sumptin nice about christopher nolan. To me he is one of the reasons why i still appreciate dialogues in movies.

Yeah scorcese always has nice word play. But in terms of dialogue i'll take the W bros to any out there.

That's y they rule and are great. They totally redefined how movies were made.

I almost forgot.

I love controversial movies. Vanilla Sky, matrix 2 and 3, superman returns e.t.c. And i mean whether the movie is a waste of time type controversy. I always see stuff others don't.

And i say ANG LEE's HULK was a classic movie.

PLEASE SOMEBODY DISAGREE. lemme know ur tots. lemme see ur mind. and lemme make u c things thru a different paradigm.

DISAGREE so i can enlighten.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 3:06am On Mar 17, 2008
Enlighten on the goodness of Ang Lee's Hulk? shocked
Or superman returns?? shocked

Absolute disaster those two movies!!

Please read Vesc post again. . .we talked about alot of directors on this thread considering that this thread is over 7 pages undecided undecided

The Matrix was good but there are quite a number of nonsense in Reloaded and Revolutions.  Wachowski brothers dialogues Like the architect in Reloaded? Or V's prattles? undecided.

You sure see stuffs many see and what a few don't see grin grin
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by Dreloaded(f): 3:30am On Mar 17, 2008
Egnite:

The guy that directed eternal sunshine of the spotless mind, i forget his name, frank sumptim, the guy that did the nicholas cage twin movie about the book with meryl streep, yeah ADAPTAION is definitely good in my books.

Spike Jonze/Charlie Kaufman?
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by vescucci(m): 12:27pm On Mar 17, 2008
I'm usually very patient but right now I'm feeling like someone truncated my not so very long fuse. Egnite, there's probably no director worth mentioning that we haven't mentioned. Maybe except for Woody Allen. And even then I think I commented about his being stuck with Diane Keaton or the other way round, I forget. We have talked about almost everybody, but you, dude, need to get a website copier and copy the darn site and read it in your leisure.

Ditto on Superman and Hulk being disasters. I didn't even bother with Superman cuz I knew it'd be non-sense from pre-production. I mean, check it, what new things can u spring up? The only way Superman can marginally work is as it's being done in Smallville or in the old Lois and Clark, simply put, as series! As a movie? Except they can make it in 3-D with total surround and real-time shock. Ooh yeah! I'd watch The Devil in a blue dress that way. Hulk wasn't as bad but it too wasn't up there, or even middle way, it was just Nick Nolte that I liked in it. And the graphics were too bland; the guy looked like Shrek after working out and eating magic beans. I mean the idea of someone inflating to that size and managing to keep his shorts on just nauseates me. Hello? I hope the new one will really be more sinewy and rugged. I remember saying I preferred the old series with Lou Ferrigno.

Talking about dialogue, I gotta give it to Nolan true true, but Wachowskis, men, too much melodrama, Mr. Anderson. Don't get me wrong o. If they'd stopped at the first Matrix, I'd probably be their number one fan but the other two were problems for the overall plot. I even prefer most of the endings in the Animatrix than in the Revolutions especially, They're Ok though.

The only movie you mentioned that I really liked is Vanilla Sky which I prefer the Spanish original 'Open Your Eyes' to. Kinda like the matrix if you get the drift and it had one of the best endings I've ever seen. And I'm not just saying that.

Egnite:

And i say ANG LEE's HULK was a classic movie.

PLEASE SOMEBODY DISAGREE. let me know your tots. let me see your mind. and let me make u c things through a different paradigm.

DISAGREE so i can enlighten.

Chaii, the only paradigm I think you're seeing things is through the wrong end of a telescope!
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by Dreloaded(f): 2:14pm On Mar 17, 2008
more like classic garbage

anyway I like Wes Anderson.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by Egnite: 7:03pm On Mar 20, 2008
D, first of all i wuld like to apologise for my kaufman mistake.

I was about to write andy kaufman, then i tot, no, he is the talented comedian guy that died. Blah Blah Blah (see jim carey's man on the moon). But just to insight you very well, charlie kaufman has a brother called Donald . Yeah just like adaptation, but i'm not sure whether they are twins.

Everytime i wonder, y i have to explain to people that, the archi's dialogue, ON POINT. He made so much sense. He basically covered 1hr of filming with his words. The archi's part should be looked as a summary of prematrix. GET IT. And please he made to much sense. LISTEN CAREFULLY and ur brains will start to flicker sparks. But lemme leave that alone. FOR NOW.

I don't know how to xplain dis to u guys. But here is it,

You know how animatrix is a diff. movie from the matrix, the same goes for the matrix and the other two.

2 both diff. movies. I know its kinda hard of get ur mind to grasp it but i'll like you to try. Matrix, one movie, reloaded and revolution another movie.

The matrix ended in part 1. WAY TOO OBIVIOUS. part 2 and 3, is like 1 way of ending a particular cliff hanger. Its movie producers after ur money. If 2 and 3 came like 6 months after. You'll be saying a trilogy classic now. But it didn't. They allowed ur minds to wonder thinking of infinite possibilties. And atlast making u come up wit ur own idea of the perfect ending. Thats d bros only fault. making u tink u culd end their work perfectly.

Please respect art. Finding understanding and a kip a piece of what u've learnt. I had my own ending, but i respect their ending because in as much as a story was said, to me it was more like a suggestion, a passive statement or idea.

Lemme go a lil deep, althou, i didnt come to write about the matrix and justify brilliance to you.

Matrix ending means, althou we are diff. in this world and we all tink our side is right. No matter how wrong a side goes nothing good can from from war. We have to accept each odas paradigm to a certain level in order to co-exist.At the end of the day only peaceful co-existence remains supreme. Total destruction of one group or slavery of anoda only brings rise to anarchy.

Plus self sacrifice is the only true way to protect what u love, when wat u love is been threatened. Its the ultimate description of love. AGAPE fellas.

THATS Y D PEACEFUL ENDING.

Now on to my main course of duty.

THE HULK, , THE INCREDIBLE HULK

GUYS, two too different people.

Yeah they both turn green, and grow big when they are angry. But hulk is wild, and the incredible hulk is tame.
The incredible hulk a superhero, and hulk is a man wit an ailment, a bane more likely desribes it.

The hulk, REAL COPY and not some pirated SH@*T(pardon my french), wasn't to graphically erroneous. BLIVE ME.

He can't b always d same size, bcs his size is a symbology of his anger. He can't be always angry at the same level. My God, ang lee even showed that exhaustion can numb anger. Talk abt detail.

THE HULK follows suite and is in line wit the original hulk comic. i come again original hulk comic book, not the incredible hulk. 2 TOO DIFF. PEOPLE. The hulk comic was in the same distant area, with soldiers, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,
i just dont want to describe ever detail.

Banas portrail was on point, jens too, so was nick noltes.

The movie mood was also green. which was on point to.

so i go again. Cast, A, script, A, SPX, C, dialogue, A, directing, A, editing, A, sticking to the original script, A+++++

Hulk was a good movie. Go c a clear copy.

And lastly bryans depiction of the sman, is perfect. A depressed man with the world on his shoulders. Not some comic flick by christopher reeves. My only fault is that he tried to make it realistic. I felt smans bane and pain.

Like bill said in kill bill, supermans alter-ego is kent and not the oda way round. He sees the world as a place wit a bunch of weaklings. and thou he has pretended to be like them for years. He learns more with each passing day. Causng him to put his life down for their existence. Thats what singer showed me. The only way the movie could sell, was to leverage on either past glory or a new approach to hero character writing. I loved the new approach.

And please vesc every one knows when u watch movies u shut down atleast 10% of ur reason to let sumtins pass. Esp. superhero movies. So i dont understand y u are still trying to explain the hulk spandex.

MY GOD, did u WANT to c HIS BALLS.

DID U WANT ANG 2 EXPOSE HULKS BALLS. kip it PG 13 MAN!!!!!!!!!
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by TOYOSI20(f): 7:14pm On Mar 20, 2008
@ Topic

For me its Martin Scorsese cool
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 5:29am On Mar 21, 2008
Laughing ma frozen butt off grin grin grin
Shots fired in the dark. . .

Wan'na take that one TOH? tongue
Vesc? grin grin

Please read and understand cheesy cheesy
No one said he/she didn't understand the Architect's dialogue (get with the program)
We are talking about dialogue construction. . .
BTW the animatrix basically explain what the matrix is.
They are not exactly separate movies.
It's more like one movie broken into parts since a 9hr movie cannot be made for viewing in one sitting.

Kindda hard for our minds to grasps eh grin grin grin grin Pot to the rescue of the kettle grin grin grin Oh lawdy. . .i bloody need to get to the beach. . .
Vesc, i leave this in your hands. . . grin grin
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by vescucci(m): 11:48am On Mar 26, 2008
Chai, iice. You think you're doing me a favour? Ok Egnite let's roll. Obviously you enjoy different types of movies than I do. First off. The Matrix is a trilogy. Absolutely not different endings and what not. The story picks up where the last one ended. The matrix as I've said has been something I have personally thought about before the movie came out (believe it or not.) though not nearly in the same detail or scale. I just thought of the Spanish film (language I mean, I don't know which country it was made in) 'Open your eyes' Vanilla Sky draws on the same premise. But I'm sure I've said that before. If you think the Wachowski bros are trying to relay a moral lesson, sorry, but they're not. The story simply has to end right. The only problem I had with the film is the fact that Neo had been predicted to be the One and this cannot be supported mathematically. But later they went on to explain that there've been many 'Ones' before him and they've failed and if he's to fail another one will simply arise. Lemme explain something else. Agent Smith became a virus when he started to develop independent attitudes. Take for example an ant that runs off to build its own home and live independently. Smith became a threat to the Matrix and was appropriately cut off. The Oracle, Key maker, The French dude, and his dematerialising goons are all programs (or viruses depending on their effect on the Matrix' fabric) and so is Neo. What made Neo special is because he's an organic virus and has the ability to stretch his mind further than any other human being could in the matrix. That's why he can fly or kick the ass of a thousand Smiths. Smith became special too when he could infect the organic that venture into the matrix. That's why he could 'possess' if you like the dude than blinded Neo in the real world. Neo infecting Smith (by Smith infecting him) made him absolutely perilous to the Matrix and therefore they had to come to terms, otherwise the Matrix does not have a reason for backing down. It simply is illogical and irrational to come to terms with an inferior life form. The movie was supposed to be 100% rational and everything you see should be explainable at least in theory. But how do you explain Neo's ability to see in fiery shapes after he was blind. Oh please. Bottom line is that the first matrix, got all the points and the subsequent ones leave a lot to be desired.

Now Animatrix even though nobody is raving about it has a lot of brains to it. It seemed like the bros were trying to make amends. Now that was what I was talking about. I loved everything about the movies. Each with a sense of it's own. The runner who had started being able to 'use' his mind rather than his 'muscles' Reaching beyond his program. The kid who thought he could fly but hadn't quite grasped the ropes but he wasn't in a simulation and thus no second chance. The explanation of the pre-Matrix Saga, all convincing and plausible. All round great performance. The first episode albeit having the best graphics really had no story and barely made sense. But that can take away points from the film.

About the hulk and the Incredible Hulk being different stories dosen't sell with me. Versions don't mean you can now take away the essence of something. You can't say Superman in Smallville is different from the one in Lois and Clark. That one is a Kryptonian nd the other is actually from Mars. The new Hulk film portrays him as a good guy turned bad as he was betrayed and dispatched to a planet where he became a gladiator and the planet blew up eventually upon which he and his new found compatriots fly back here to wreck havoc. That's a whole new movie and I'm not sure if it's supposed to be legal even.

And about the Hulk's shorts,

Egnite:

And please vesc every one knows when u watch movies u shut down atleast 10% of your reason to let sumtins pass. Esp. superhero movies. So i don't understand y u are still trying to explain the hulk spandex.

MY GOD, did u WANT to c HIS BALLS.

DID You WANT ANG 2 EXPOSE HULKS BALLS. kip it PG 13 MAN!!!!!!!!!

, I'm raising the white flag and laughing like a maniac too.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by Dreloaded(f): 8:32pm On Mar 26, 2008
I dont even know what this thread is about anymore
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by Egnite: 9:34pm On Mar 30, 2008
Vesc

I like you MAN!!!

You carefully and clearfully describe the phrase constructive criticism.

I always like it when a person has a particular view about sumptin, and
he/she takes time out to articulately explain why he/she has chosen a particular side.

I would like to read more of your views on certain movies.
Maybe try and see them through your eyes.
Nice going DUDE.

BUT,

I totally disagree about your views so carefully placed and expressed, previously.

I'm afraid, sir, i beg to differ.

TOTALLY

The matrix is a project the was based on different philosophies. Philosophy being the use of reason and
argument in seeking truth and knowledge of reality esp, the knowledge of the causes and nature of things
and the principle governing existence. Life basically.
Philosophies seeking to explain life. Life which is not living, but the purpose of living. Hold your thots to
that, and hang on.

Secondly the matrix was based on several storys and books, so believe me when i say the wacho bros aim was
so much more than you so adamantly put it.

There are artists and non-artists. Artists put poetry into whatever they do, leaving codes behind for others to decipher.
They derive pleasure in it. Its just like one of those old movies, where there is a bad guy (villain) and the good guy has to travel
far to learn how to beat the villain. He meets someone that gives him a riddle for him to decipher in order to redeem the world from the clutches of the
BAD GUY(see oracle). Its the journey as they say that counts, not the task.

Non-artists are creators to. They are those who wrongly define creativity, and usually create for particular reasons, such as money. And they are also those who
haven't found their voice or those who haven't seen the light yet. Enlightenment.They merely create to satisfy a particular want.

The matrix is a project that shouldn't be seen at face value. It's so much more. It's poetry and art in all aspects.

Believe me when i say that the wacho brothers are indeed ARTISTS.

If you agree thus, so far lemme know so i may continue. Because i nid u to understand this before i proceed further.

Get at me DUDE.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (60) (Reply)

Photos Of BBNaija’s Lucy Selling Plantain / BBNaija: Mike Reunites With Wife, Perri Shakes-Drayton / Kiddwaya Offers Cee-C N120 Million To Leave The Big Brother All Stars House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.