Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,098 members, 7,818,284 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

Most Ladies See Marriage As A Means Of Falling Into Wealth! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Most Ladies See Marriage As A Means Of Falling Into Wealth! (921 Views)

Why Do People Use Marriage As A Means To Insult Single Successful Women? / Are We Underestimating Nairaland As A Means To Meet A Partner? / Possibility Of Falling In Love With Someone Overseas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Ladies See Marriage As A Means Of Falling Into Wealth! by Syenite(m): 1:35pm On Jun 24, 2011
I was listening to a radio conversation one morning and the topic I can't figure out again.What a lady who was a guest on that show said was that "most ladies rather than look for jobs these days look for financially buoyant men to hang on to for marriage". Many have seen marriage as a means of breaking out of the chains of poverty and joining the class of elites.She also mentioned it that parents go as far as encouraging their daughters to bring wealthy men as suitors so as to lift their family from poverty.

In as much as I would not completely want to agree with this but I see some elements of truth in it.

People what do you think of this?
Re: Most Ladies See Marriage As A Means Of Falling Into Wealth! by 190: 1:36pm On Jun 24, 2011
Nigerian Ladies/women are the BIGGEST problem the world is facing today angry angry
Re: Most Ladies See Marriage As A Means Of Falling Into Wealth! by Cuddlemii: 2:31pm On Jun 24, 2011
190:

Nigerian Ladies/women are the BIGGEST problem the world is facing today angry angry

And what is the cause of this? MEN.

If only the world was without men, women wont maline and hate eachother because of a man.
Women wont have to clean up after them like tall toddlers giving them ample time for themselves.
Women won't have to deliver a gender that scatters the house and starts action movies at an early age.
Women wont have heartbreak
Women would become Presidents
Women would feed the masses
Women would get all the Oil Company jobs

Extinguish the cause and no problems again.

But woman and woman would be so gross, hmmm, You still need a man then, Hiss
Re: Most Ladies See Marriage As A Means Of Falling Into Wealth! by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jun 24, 2011
Cuddlemii:

If only the world was without men, women wont maline and hate eachother because of a man.
Women wont have to clean up after them like tall toddlers giving them ample time for themselves.
Women won't have to deliver a gender that scatters the house and starts action movies at an early age.
Women wont have heartbreak
Women would become Presidents
Women would feed the masses
Women would get all the Oil Company jobs

Extinguish the cause and no problems again.

But woman and woman would be so gross, hmmm, You still need a man then, Hiss

Re: Most Ladies See Marriage As A Means Of Falling Into Wealth! by madoba: 3:13pm On Jun 24, 2011
I'll speak from personal experience. To a large extent this is not true because I work to earn a living and I see so many women doing the same thing.  After school I honestly didn't know what I wanted to do with myself or my degree, but I knew that I needed to work to earn a living, and I needed a job to pay my bills.

A lot of working class women are single handedly (without runs or sugar daddies) renting accommodations of their own, helping younger siblings who are still in school and are assisting parents financially and otherwise.

Am honestly not mad at you, but am sick and tired of all this negative talk about  Nigerian women and our lust for material things, other peoples money, wealth etc etc. Why can't the independent and hardworking ones who do not look to a man for money be celebrated?

Marriage for this calibre of women is not about falling into wealth because they are already amassing wealth of their own, on their own, through their jobs, businesses and so on.   And we are strong enough to realize that with or without a man we can still have a means of livelihood and make money.  wink
Re: Most Ladies See Marriage As A Means Of Falling Into Wealth! by Mynd44: 3:18pm On Jun 24, 2011
190:

Buncha GOLDDIGGERS
Re: Most Ladies See Marriage As A Means Of Falling Into Wealth! by kpolli(m): 3:22pm On Jun 24, 2011
190 i no dey for that one ooo
Re: Most Ladies See Marriage As A Means Of Falling Into Wealth! by Syenite(m): 3:40pm On Jun 24, 2011
madoba:

I'll speak from personal experience. To a large extent this is not true because I work to earn a living and I see so many women doing the same thing. After school I honestly didn't know what I wanted to do but I knew that I needed to work to earn a living, and I needed a job to pay my bills.

A lot of working class women are single handedly (without runs or sugar daddies) renting accommodations of their own, helping younger siblings who are still in school and are assisting parents financially and otherwise.

Am honestly not mad at you, but am sick and tired of all this negative talk about Nigerian women and our lust for material things, other peoples money, wealth etc etc. Why can't the independent and hardworking ones who do not look to a man for money be celebrated?

Marriage for this calibre of women is not about falling into wealth because they are already amassing wealth of their own, on their own, through their jobs, businesses and so on. And we are strong enough to realize that with or without a man we can still have a means of livelihood and make money. wink

I cannot disprove you my sister. But the topic says "most" not "all".
From my experience also, in my place of work most female corpers or ITs come in with the mind set that they can find a man to marry from among the male staff buying courage from stories of one friend or cousin or the other that hit jackpot by marrying from the company where she served or what ever.
I know there are some good descent girls out there that take there destinies into there hands but most ladies still believe the only way out is to marry a rich man.
Re: Most Ladies See Marriage As A Means Of Falling Into Wealth! by iice(f): 3:46pm On Jun 24, 2011
I won't say just falling into wealth.
It can be escape too.
It can be the easy way out.
Re: Most Ladies See Marriage As A Means Of Falling Into Wealth! by CzarChris(m): 3:55pm On Jun 24, 2011
@Cuddlemii, read words of wisdom wink wink

If only the world was without men, women wont maline and hate eachother because of a man.(even without a man involved women can never leave together need I mention the lesbos)
Women wont have to clean up after them like tall toddlers giving them ample time for themselves[b](pls tell me what women do with their ample time apart from gossiping and paint yourselves and of cause, have you been to a female hotel before. It is a proven fact that men are neater than females)  [/b]
Women won't have to deliver a gender that scatters the house and starts action movies at an early age[b](Ok we watch action movie from a very early age but that occupies our time instead of gossiping)[/b]
Women wont have heartbreak[b](without men women will completely oblterate themselves, what with all that envy of "where did she get those shoes", "I must have that bag" [/b]
Women would become Presidents[b](Common House of Assembly Speaker wey we give una how far)[/b]
Women would feed the masses[b](feed which masses? hunger will kill everybody, have you finished painting yourselves[/b]
Women would get all the Oil Company jobs[b](come walk in my shoes and I give you 24hrs you will resign on your own. Hell a lady joined us to an offshore platform once and she out of fear couldn't even leave the chopper mcheew)[/b]

Extinguish the cause and no problems again.(Women are a problem to themselves then tell me what problem una go extinguish)

But woman and woman would be so gross, hmmm, You still need a man then, Hiss[b]( The only sensible thing you have ever said in your,  grin grin grin grin grin grin[/b]
Re: Most Ladies See Marriage As A Means Of Falling Into Wealth! by CzarChris(m): 4:09pm On Jun 24, 2011
Syenite:

I was listening to a radio conversation one morning and the topic I can't figure out again.What a lady who was a guest on that show said was that "most ladies rather than look for jobs these days look for financially buoyant men to hang on to for marriage". Many have seen marriage as a means of breaking out of the chains of poverty and joining the class of elites.She also mentioned it that parents go as far as encouraging their daughters to bring wealthy men as suitors so as to lift their family from poverty.

In as much as I would not completely want to agree with this but I see some elements of truth in it.

People what do you think of this?

Bros, this is what I have been shouting about for how long now, change ladies, change naija ladies change. I like yo'all but looking at your character it's just embarassed embarassed

190:

Nigerian Ladies/women are the BIGGEST problem the world is facing today  angry angry

nothing is more true
Re: Most Ladies See Marriage As A Means Of Falling Into Wealth! by MrCork17: 4:10pm On Jun 24, 2011
is that why women always afta me? undecided
Re: Most Ladies See Marriage As A Means Of Falling Into Wealth! by Cuddlemii: 5:45pm On Jun 24, 2011
@czar jah
Ha this guy is a wizard jor. I just spent an hour typing a perfect reply for you only to loose it. Refresh is not bringing it out. Damn internet providers jor
Re: Most Ladies See Marriage As A Means Of Falling Into Wealth! by Spclst900: 6:10pm On Jun 24, 2011
topic

some ladies do, not all.
Re: Most Ladies See Marriage As A Means Of Falling Into Wealth! by CzarChris(m): 11:34am On Jun 25, 2011
Cuddlemii:

@czar jah
Ha this guy is a wizard jor. I just spent an hour typing a perfect reply for you only to loose it. Refresh is not bringing it out. Damn internet providers jor

You ain't crowned a czar for nothing you know  wink wink wink
Basically what I wrote is true, deal with it miss cuddle kiss
Re: Most Ladies See Marriage As A Means Of Falling Into Wealth! by Cuddlemii: 12:13pm On Jun 25, 2011
Czar-Chris:

You ain't crowned a czar nothing you know  wink wink wink
Basically what I wrote is true, deal with it miss cuddle kiss
Yesterday was just your lucky day, would have stripped you of your roman tunics & laurel crown up until your pantarcaus. So don't get too cocky angry. Watch your back, else I dethrone thee!!!!
Re: Most Ladies See Marriage As A Means Of Falling Into Wealth! by CzarChris(m): 1:01pm On Jun 25, 2011
Cuddlemii:

Yesterday was just your lucky day, would have stripped you of your roman tunics & laurel crown up until your pantarcaus. So don't get too cocky angry. Watch your back, else I dethrone thee!!!!

I'm modeled after the great First Czar IVAN THE TERRIBLE of MOTHER RUSSIA cool , you can only try but you can't succeed in dethroning me. I don't believe in luck, but wisdom which is a collection of both personal and other peoples experiences. Get thee wisdom and every other thing will be added unto you. Learn from the Czar and you might just turn to a czarina  wink
Re: Most Ladies See Marriage As A Means Of Falling Into Wealth! by Cuddlemii: 1:19pm On Jun 25, 2011
Czar-Chris:

I'm modeled after the great First Czar IVAN THE TERRIBLE of MOTHER RUSSIA cool , you can only try but you can't succeed in dethroning me. I don't believe in luck, but wisdom which is a collection of both personal and other peoples experiences. Get thee wisdom and every other thing will be added unto you. Learn from the Czar and you might just turn to a czarina wink

Im too sleepy to answer you jor. You always start battles when your opponent is not ready. All these olden day warfare of Surprise. Where were you when I was boiling?

Hope Im making sense Im tired
Re: Most Ladies See Marriage As A Means Of Falling Into Wealth! by Cuddlemii: 1:57pm On Jun 25, 2011
Czar-Chris:

I'm modeled after the great First Czar IVAN THE TERRIBLE of MOTHER RUSSIA cool , you can only try but you can't succeed in dethroning me. I don't believe in luck, but wisdom which is a collection of both personal and other peoples experiences. Get thee wisdom and every other thing will be added unto you. Learn from the Czar and you might just turn to a czarina  wink
Wicked Czar cry,

Things wealthy men do.

Why did you have to remove one of your army's head and put on your cleopatra. Wasn't there any other form of make over.  This is to the extreme.

If thath seateth on thee, this should dethrone thee for life. My own advice to thee, get thine wisdom and every other thing would be reduced unto thee

Learn from cuddles and u will learn how to wrap that

Re: Most Ladies See Marriage As A Means Of Falling Into Wealth! by CzarChris(m): 2:21pm On Jun 25, 2011
^^^^^ grin grin grin grin grin grin ROTFLMFAO grin grin grin grin grin
Damn, girl  grin grin grin I luv em feisty
grin grin pls do your research well Caesar is Roman, Czar is Russian

Now wisdom giveth POWER and WEALTH and with both thine shall rule the earth ask Solomon he will explain better grin(aahha and also WOMEN remember how many wives he had, let me remind you 700 shocked and 300 concubines grin grin now talk of someone being laid grin grin wink )
Re: Most Ladies See Marriage As A Means Of Falling Into Wealth! by Cuddlemii: 3:06pm On Jun 25, 2011
I hate them tipsy.

Meeen Im tired of this argument. Its getting boring, I will rather return to my tv series- the secret life of the american teenager. Some people just didn't win a lot of trophies as kids. Okay you win!

You don't need to picture yourself as Tsar or Czar, you are great no matter what.

Thats the smile I was hoping to get smiley. Cheers dear.
Re: Most Ladies See Marriage As A Means Of Falling Into Wealth! by CzarChris(m): 3:31pm On Jun 25, 2011
^^^ kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
grin

(1) (Reply)

Good Women Are Getting Thinner By The Day / Msg To All NL Ladies / What Will Do If U Caught Ur Dad Making Love 2 Ur Wife.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.