Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,877 members, 7,817,584 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) - Properties (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) (293520 Views)

How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira / Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:17am On Aug 11, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:22am On Aug 11, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:24am On Aug 11, 2011
MORE

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:42am On Aug 11, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:45am On Aug 11, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Jussi(m): 7:26am On Aug 11, 2011
Ol'Boy, see lintel! Like play like play Spyder is nearing roofing oo,

Forming of the rooms is coming out really nice. Welldone bros!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 3:47pm On Aug 11, 2011
No work in this site, the blocks we have here is not enough for the workers that want to work. By tomorrow we shall continue when the block supplier has given us more blocks. The capenter has redone the scaffold and we are ready to go.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 3:59pm On Aug 11, 2011
You have done so well . . . . Good job
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 4:25pm On Aug 11, 2011
olubuffett:

I am not denying that it will be more, but to now be more by 2M Naira? i dont agree with that one.

I was being prudent with 1 or 2mill, you need to get a ticket to Lagos and see for yourself. Looking at sypder's cost i will say with roofing he's
going to spend just over 4million.

A six bedroom in lagos for just over that you must be joking and if spyder doubt he can take up the challenge.   

You mean paying 4M Naira, just to roof it?
Haba
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by olubuffett: 1:14am On Aug 12, 2011
Fhemmmy:

You mean paying 4M Naira, just to roof it?
Haba

The projected 4m includes roof my friend, the roof alone will cost him nothing less that 1m
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 1:36am On Aug 12, 2011
olubuffett:

The projected 4m includes roof my friend, the roof alone will cost him nothing less that 1m

Please let us go thru this all over again . . . 4M naira is for what and what?
I just wanna be sure i get you right
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by olubuffett: 2:14am On Aug 12, 2011
let us not peculate and watch the man build, he will give us total cost of the project at each stage.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 2:35am On Aug 12, 2011
olubuffett:

let us not peculate and watch the man build, he will give us total cost of the project at each stage.

Watch which man build . . . although, we have been able to agree on one thing that the 4M Naira is not just for roofing, or not be so
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by brabus(m): 10:27am On Aug 12, 2011
@Fhemmmy, @Olubuffet
A 6 bedroom duplex in Lagos (carcass + roofing) will take nothing less than N5m irrespective of location or construction method. This cost excludes raft foundation o. The only thing cheap in Lagos is NOTHING!

But one thing here is duplex different from duplex o.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:38am On Aug 12, 2011
^^^ of course duplex pass duplex, because there are duplexes here in Enugu you cannot build even with N30m.
I am interested to know those major costs apart from labor which can shoot up Lagos costs.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by brabus(m): 10:39am On Aug 12, 2011
I recently visited a site belonging to a silent follower of Spyder's thread - the cost of constructing (shell construction) that house would be nothing less than N7m.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by brabus(m): 10:51am On Aug 12, 2011
@spyder, there are lot of things that can shoot up construction cost in Lagos. Getting building materials is an overkill especially cost of transportation.

Will you believe I bought sand well worth over N40k for the small renovation work I was doing on my thread. Two days ago, I was forced to charter a pickup for N10k to ogun state (though it helped carry some building materials to Ogun state) to go and buy 20 bags of cement @N500 lesser than Lagos price of N2300. I actually quoted N1700 per bag.

Spyder - all this + LASTMA/VIO/Hold Up/Omo Onile/Govt Policies etc increases cost of building in Lagos.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by dudubody: 10:58am On Aug 12, 2011
my people in lagos, abeg how much is 9inches block in sango otta (current price)
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by shopclue: 12:14pm On Aug 12, 2011
spyder880:

my house

Well done, you have done well not just for yourself, but others too. Because you have roused good things in all of us and encourage us to do things we would have left undone, you will be rewarded naturally from God. Your home is beautiful.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 12:19pm On Aug 12, 2011
Thank you shopclue, what you did yesterday also provided all of us with a refreshing angle to buildings and good lifestyle. Still looking at the house plans.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by shopclue: 12:42pm On Aug 12, 2011
spyder880:

Thank you shopclue, what you did yesterday also provided all of us with a refreshing angle to buildings and good lifestyle. Still looking at the house plans.

We had fun yesterday o! Some of us pass bedtime. Even am still feeling sleepy now. It is with good backing of solid and genuine information from people like you that make some things do-able. wink
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by atasteve: 1:01pm On Aug 12, 2011
Oga Spyder880, you kept on "suppressing my fears and impressing my faith" with rate at which your project is going. I can take on the WWWOOORRRLLLLLLDDDD.

I love these pics.

I know by the time your block supplier brings in more blocks, the walls will go up and in turn we will get more pix on NL (property).
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 1:22pm On Aug 12, 2011
^^^ yes, I was called that another 200 was dropped in the last 1 hour. More pictures later today.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 2:58pm On Aug 12, 2011
spyder880:

^^^ of course duplex pass duplex, because there are duplexes here in Enugu you cannot build even with N30m.
I am interested to know those major costs apart from labor which can shoot up Lagos costs.

I will like to know what will shoot the cost up so high in Lagos as well apart from Labour, when it comes to some of the materials, i am sure all of them used in Enugu aint from there as well . . . . .
So teach us and let us learn
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by jerryben12: 5:42pm On Aug 12, 2011
@Brabus - Please where can I buy bamboo for decking around Owode/Ikorodu in Lagos?

Email: jerrybenchi@yahoo.com
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by rastaman20(m): 7:24pm On Aug 12, 2011
This is lagos. not Welcome to Lagos. can u still remeber that sign when entering lagos. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by remcoface: 8:52pm On Aug 12, 2011
@jerryben12,
Please how much are they selling cement ,sharp sand, soft sand and filling sand in area.
Thanks.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by shopclue: 9:02pm On Aug 12, 2011
This is the reason I frequent property section these days! Well done my bros. Thanks for the inspiration.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by remcoface: 9:14pm On Aug 12, 2011
Picturesoooooooooooooooooooo
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by rastaman20(m): 9:26pm On Aug 12, 2011
Wating for updates ooo
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by remcoface: 9:29pm On Aug 12, 2011
I trust my teacher with update. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by jerryben12: 10:24pm On Aug 12, 2011
remcoface:

@jerryben12,
Please how much are they selling cement ,sharp sand, soft sand and filling sand in area.
Thanks.

Sharp sand - N45,000
Filling sand - N18,000
Cement - Our customer doesn't have in stock.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (93) (Reply)

Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices / Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.