Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,443 members, 7,812,330 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

Nnamdi Kanu May Go Blind, His Sight Deteriorating - Ozekhome Tells Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu May Go Blind, His Sight Deteriorating - Ozekhome Tells Court (17838 Views)

Sunday Igboho: Stop Chasing Shadow – Ozekhome Tells FG / Nnamdi Kanu May Remain In Custody Till September As Judges Begin Vacation / Jubril From Sudan: Why Nnamdi Kanu May Be Right – Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnamdi Kanu May Go Blind, His Sight Deteriorating - Ozekhome Tells Court by Nemere2020: 2:20pm On Feb 16, 2022
Human rights lawyer, Chief Mike Ozekhome(SAN), who is the lead counsel to the detained leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu, on Wednesday, raised the alarm that his client’s sight had deteriorated.

Ozekhome told the Federal High Court sitting in Abuja, that Kanu, who is currently in custody of the Department of State Service, DSS, may go blind if nothing was urgently done to restore his sight.

The senior lawyer, who recently took over the defence team of the embattled IPOB leader, said his client’s pair of eyeglasses was confiscated in 2015, when he was initially arrested by DSS operatives, following his return to Nigeria from the United Kingdom.

He equally told the court that a new pair that Kanu bought was also seized from him during his extraordinary rendition from Kenya.

Besides, Ozekhome bemoaned that despite an express order of the court, the DSS declined to allow the IPOB leader to have a change of clothing.

He alleged that the security agency refused to allow Kanu to receive new clothes that were brought to him by his younger brother, Emmanuel.

“My Lord will still see the defendant in the same uniform which my lord warned against in the last proceedings.

“It will be recalled that they had on that day alleged that he said that he preferred to wear the same cloth because it is designers.

“However, since that time, the younger brother of the defendant, his lawyer and sister have gone three times with materials for him to change, but they refused collecting them.

“So bad was it that Ejiofor had to call the Director of Legal Services and complained to him.

“The Director told him that he would do something about it, that he would contact the Director of Operations to ensure that the order was carried out.

“But since then, nothing has been done. They have not allowed him to change his clothes.”

On the issue of Kanu’s sight, Ozekhome said: “My lord, since 2015, his glasses were taken from him.

“The one he wore before his extraordinary rendition from Kenya was also taken from him.

“Till now, he does not have glasses to wear and his sight is deteriorating.

“My Lord we do not want the Defendant to go blind, that is why we have decided to bring it to the attention of the court.”

Meanwhile, after she had listened to Ozekhome, trial Justice Binta Nyako said she would look into the matter.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/02/breaking-kanu-may-go-blind-his-sight-deteriorating-ozekhome-tells-court/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu May Go Blind, His Sight Deteriorating - Ozekhome Tells Court by chatinent: 2:21pm On Feb 16, 2022
To the court of public pity, make una take over. Just contact me when you have research writing.

66 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu May Go Blind, His Sight Deteriorating - Ozekhome Tells Court by seniorgozman(m): 2:24pm On Feb 16, 2022
Hmm

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu May Go Blind, His Sight Deteriorating - Ozekhome Tells Court by Emdes: 2:24pm On Feb 16, 2022
Guys believe me, there's nothing wrong with the KANU I saw Today

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu May Go Blind, His Sight Deteriorating - Ozekhome Tells Court by Is04970: 2:25pm On Feb 16, 2022
That's too bad.
"Any Igbo man that attends Yoruba church is a fool"
Guess who said that.

75 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu May Go Blind, His Sight Deteriorating - Ozekhome Tells Court by udele1: 2:25pm On Feb 16, 2022
The Albino will not see the Imaginary Biafra?

I hope he will not use blindness as excuse when he signs agreement to join miyatti alla. grin grin

He will see Ikonso, Miracle Nwodo and all igbo youths he wasted for FENDI.

104 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu May Go Blind, His Sight Deteriorating - Ozekhome Tells Court by Golan007: 2:26pm On Feb 16, 2022
Chike okiki Obiano would heal him

grin

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu May Go Blind, His Sight Deteriorating - Ozekhome Tells Court by John4B: 2:27pm On Feb 16, 2022
May God help him(KANU)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu May Go Blind, His Sight Deteriorating - Ozekhome Tells Court by 33komkom(m): 2:28pm On Feb 16, 2022
I wonder why Nigerian law inforcmement agencies don't obey the laws

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu May Go Blind, His Sight Deteriorating - Ozekhome Tells Court by Naijanascam: 2:29pm On Feb 16, 2022
udele1:

Must you always showcase the gutter in you

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu May Go Blind, His Sight Deteriorating - Ozekhome Tells Court by udele1: 2:30pm On Feb 16, 2022
33komkom:

Does IPOB respect laws?

104 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu May Go Blind, His Sight Deteriorating - Ozekhome Tells Court by Lionnation: 2:31pm On Feb 16, 2022
Ohanadike

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu May Go Blind, His Sight Deteriorating - Ozekhome Tells Court by Lionnation: 2:31pm On Feb 16, 2022
udele1:

Does IPOB respect laws?
which law

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu May Go Blind, His Sight Deteriorating - Ozekhome Tells Court by cherishmichael: 2:32pm On Feb 16, 2022
Just reading comments.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu May Go Blind, His Sight Deteriorating - Ozekhome Tells Court by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 2:32pm On Feb 16, 2022
They should free this guy.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu May Go Blind, His Sight Deteriorating - Ozekhome Tells Court by tunjiajayi: 2:33pm On Feb 16, 2022
Onpe!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu May Go Blind, His Sight Deteriorating - Ozekhome Tells Court by Datikwerreboi(m): 2:33pm On Feb 16, 2022
udele1:

Does IPOB respect laws?
Good question

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu May Go Blind, His Sight Deteriorating - Ozekhome Tells Court by Datikwerreboi(m): 2:34pm On Feb 16, 2022
YinkaOlusesi16:
Same way Ipob freed their captives? grin

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu May Go Blind, His Sight Deteriorating - Ozekhome Tells Court by November1857(m): 2:34pm On Feb 16, 2022
udele1:
[s]The Albino will not see the Imaginary Biafra?

I hope he will not use blindness as excuse when he signs agreement to join miyatti alla. grin grin

[/s]
Your Ranting is exercise in futility... Biafra actualization has come to stay.. grin grin

36 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu May Go Blind, His Sight Deteriorating - Ozekhome Tells Court by udele1: 2:34pm On Feb 16, 2022
YinkaOlusesi16:

Free a freedom fighter? The fight for freedom just began.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu May Go Blind, His Sight Deteriorating - Ozekhome Tells Court by Datikwerreboi(m): 2:34pm On Feb 16, 2022
33komkom:
Like Ipob respect the law? Cunning man die cunning man bury am

48 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu May Go Blind, His Sight Deteriorating - Ozekhome Tells Court by Ezehillary(m): 2:34pm On Feb 16, 2022
Nigeria be very careful with this man case or

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu May Go Blind, His Sight Deteriorating - Ozekhome Tells Court by colorsofrainbow: 2:35pm On Feb 16, 2022
udele1:

You will see ikonso,Miracle Nwodo and the rest before Nnamdi Kanu. I'm rest assured of that.
Nnamdi Kanu is making big headlines globally.Igbo leaders visiting him day-in day-out and you are here forcing yourself to become relevant on nairaland grin

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu May Go Blind, His Sight Deteriorating - Ozekhome Tells Court by udele1: 2:35pm On Feb 16, 2022
November1857:
Your Ranting is exercise in futility... Biat actualization has come to stay.. grin grin

Yes. But will he see it? grin grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu May Go Blind, His Sight Deteriorating - Ozekhome Tells Court by udele1: 2:35pm On Feb 16, 2022
Ezehillary:
Nigeria be very careful with this man case or

Or you sit and home and destroy your region? grin grin

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu May Go Blind, His Sight Deteriorating - Ozekhome Tells Court by shortIGBOman: 2:35pm On Feb 16, 2022
Wow. This is goodnews. God don answer our prayers. grin I've always prayed to God, to make Nnamdi Kanu visually impaired. Let him feel the pains IPOB are making, IGBO People in the East go through. grin grin

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu May Go Blind, His Sight Deteriorating - Ozekhome Tells Court by Fahdiga(m): 2:37pm On Feb 16, 2022
Golan007:
Chike okiki Obiano would heal him

grin
Imagine what a man in his late 40s is saying. *spits*

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu May Go Blind, His Sight Deteriorating - Ozekhome Tells Court by November1857(m): 2:37pm On Feb 16, 2022
udele1:

Yes. But will he see it? grin grin
yes,he'll see and feel it with great honor.. grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu May Go Blind, His Sight Deteriorating - Ozekhome Tells Court by Proudlyomonna: 2:39pm On Feb 16, 2022
What I am trying to understand is why the main terrorist get pardon but mnk can't.
I never liked him though, I always thought him to be deceptive, right from his attacks on Uwazurike and massob,but I am sure that the fg refuse a political solution for him simply because he is Igbo.

I hope mnk has learnt his lesson though.
He was too proud, plus cursing the leaders of the land was a big foul play on his part.
You are ipob a group leader you are not Igbo leader,how dare you tag anyone saboteur simply because they do not support your movement �

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu May Go Blind, His Sight Deteriorating - Ozekhome Tells Court by Ezehillary(m): 2:41pm On Feb 16, 2022
udele1:

Or you sit and home and destroy your region? grin grin
who open the zoo for you

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu May Go Blind, His Sight Deteriorating - Ozekhome Tells Court by IgweOfNnewi: 2:42pm On Feb 16, 2022
What is the use of his eyes when he ordered his minions, IPOB cannibals mkpurumiri addicts and miscreants to kill and maim people that doesn't subscribe to his imaginary nation, the people he ordered and facilitate their killing, did he give them any chance to use their eyes before sending them to their early grave, he better serve his jail time in peace

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu May Go Blind, His Sight Deteriorating - Ozekhome Tells Court by Nonpartisan1: 2:43pm On Feb 16, 2022
The security agencies he killed didnt even had the luxury of losing only eyes.

Kanu should rot in jail.

15 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Anambra North PDP Vow To Kick Out Obiano In 2017 Governorship Election / Buhari Appoints Ama Pepple Head Of National Minimum Wage Committee / Imo: Six Killed As DSS, EbubeAgu Raid Orlu LGA In Search Of Criminals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.