Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,494 members, 7,830,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? (29787 Views)

Husband Caught His Politician Wife In Bed With Their Adopted Son (Pictures) / I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage / Nigeria, Where Kids That Should Be In Schools Are Breadwinners Of Their Families (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by stano2(m): 4:22pm On Feb 18, 2022
Following
Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by Omoluabiii(m): 4:22pm On Feb 18, 2022
The orphanage put them in school, and uni, the govt has a special edu package for them.
And when they grad, they help the find job, and start life on their own.
But they themselves know whom they are and where they belong.
The govt have a good life package for them.

3 Likes

Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by Allheart: 4:22pm On Feb 18, 2022
hibeebeeking:
What do you mean? Government , support for Zulu gambari kingdom. Better stand firm and continue hustle.
Is like u want to marry one.
Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by illicit(m): 4:22pm On Feb 18, 2022
If care is not taken

They may become criminals
Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by yusluvad(m): 4:23pm On Feb 18, 2022
Interesting topic...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by Mvena(f): 4:24pm On Feb 18, 2022
Elidrisy20:
They go back to their parents
Shey you dey whine us ni

3 Likes

Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by Samuelnze(m): 4:24pm On Feb 18, 2022
[/color]What about the disabled ones.what becomes of them?
especially the blind and crippled ones without any formal education..how do they cope in a country like ours?
what do you think?

3 Likes

Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by wifeesnatcher(m): 4:25pm On Feb 18, 2022
some of those renovating and gifting orphanage home gifts today are product of this orphanage home, every kids have their favourite among those taking care of them, they see them as mothers as they take instructions and guidelines from them, now when they reach adulthood age, they still get help in reshaping their life to be on their own in nearest future

you're not expecting a guy of 30yrs upward to still be in orphanage home or a lady of 28yrs above that mingle out of the orphanage home not to see a man that will marry her

it's orphanage home not disability home�

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by Kobojunkie: 4:25pm On Feb 18, 2022
Kingpele:
I used to think about it too..however an adult will naturally go out to fend for himself, most importantly he could see rich person that can sponsor him through school or other trainings that will empower him to live out his life as Adult and do the things expected of him as a grown up person
He will? Where? How many of them do? undecided
Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by Kobojunkie: 4:26pm On Feb 18, 2022
Omoluabiii:
The orphanage put them in school, and uni, the govt has a special edu package for them.
Which government? What orphanage? Where? undecided
Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by Archworld(m): 4:27pm On Feb 18, 2022
KiNg0G:
hello all.

Orphanage kids that grew up without getting adopted what happens to them when they've reached adulthood? like between the age of 20 to 25?

I mean they can't be living at the orphanage house for the rest of their lives?

Does the government give them money to start up a business or the orphanage body.

Please feed my curiosity.

You are going too far. Every Nigerian is in orphanage home , forget the fact that you are eithe paying rent or in your house. As long as you deprived from basic amenities like good roads, well equipped hospitals, better security and electricity, and so many others , you are an orphan. Even if you have money and can foot your bills you are still an orphan cos a friend of a poor man is a poor man. If you are rich in the midst of wealthy people you are actually poor.

Nigeria as a country is a big Orphanage home, her leaders have abandoned her children and would only check on her during the time of election

Now I just made you know that you are an orphan grin grin

To answer your question, if you have been surviving in Nigeria every other person will definitely survive

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by iamL(f): 4:31pm On Feb 18, 2022
Our organization once reached out to an orphanage I was amongst the committee.

I Forge a bond with one of the grownup girl. I wanted to follow up on her but there was no way as We later cut ties with the orphanage when they wanted to turn it into church issue.

I sometimes wonder how she is. Most of Those children are going through a lot.

3 Likes

Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by GboyegaD(m): 4:32pm On Feb 18, 2022
For the well organized ones, the kids grow up like every other kids and go through normal lives as adults. The only thing is they claim the orphanage as their family.

3 Likes

Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by iamL(f): 4:34pm On Feb 18, 2022
Omoluabiii:

Not Nigeria government u mean?

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by dostr4(m): 4:37pm On Feb 18, 2022
They put in work .. circumstances like these are self motivation

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by Mariangeles(f): 4:37pm On Feb 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
He will? Where? How many of them do? undecided

In Nollywood movies. grin

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by SeriouslySense(m): 4:39pm On Feb 18, 2022
smiley smiley smiley
yusluvad:
Interesting topic...

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by SeriouslySense(m): 4:40pm On Feb 18, 2022
shocked shocked
Samuelnze:
[/color]What about the disabled ones.what becomes of them?
especially the blind and crippled ones without any formal education..how do they cope in a country like ours?
what do you think?
Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by LIONSABRE(m): 4:40pm On Feb 18, 2022
the child remains in the orphanage till he or she decides to leave,and at the age you mentioned,they'll usually look for jobs to do to become financially stable then move out of the orphanage.

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by SeriouslySense(m): 4:41pm On Feb 18, 2022
iamL:
Our organization once reached out to an orphanage I was amongst the committee.

I Forge a bond with one of the grownup girl. I wanted to follow up on her but there was no way as We later cut ties with the orphanage when they wanted to turn it into church issue.

I sometimes wonder how she is. Most of Those children are going through a lot.
Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by Kobojunkie: 4:41pm On Feb 18, 2022
Mariangeles:
In Nollywood movies. grin
Nollywood ke? undecided
Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by Kobojunkie: 4:42pm On Feb 18, 2022
GboyegaD:
For the well organized ones, the kids grow up like every other kids and go through normal lives as adults. The only thing is they claim the orphanage as their family.
Well organized ones? undecided
Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by DeRealRalph: 4:46pm On Feb 18, 2022
You don't have to live in an orphanage home to be an orphan in Nigeria, in one way or the other 75% of nigerians are orphans...

Myself included, what's the difference if you had to advise yourself, feed yourself, pay ur fees and other bills at under 17, same age where the rich kids or white kids are still getting allowances from their parents or government...

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by flokii: 4:47pm On Feb 18, 2022
1Alex:

Read the OP's question again and modify your post.

I answered the OP's question or you need me to simplify my comment so you can comprehend?

Well, the guys that weren't adopted but grew up in the orphanage start their lives as adults and they get married and have kids while the ladies among them also get married and start raising families.. you gerrit now?

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by SweetDipBenny(m): 4:51pm On Feb 18, 2022
They get thrown out

3 Likes

Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by Kobojunkie: 4:52pm On Feb 18, 2022
SweetDipBenny:
They get thrown out
Yet many here are instead trying to make us believe orphanages have unlimited room capacity. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by flokii: 4:53pm On Feb 18, 2022
LIONSABRE:
Over here in my country,the child remains in the orphanage till he or she decides to leave,and at the age you mentioned,they'll usually look for jobs to do to become financially stable then move out of the orphanage.

It's same everywhere and most of them are attached to the orphanage and families of those running the home.. the ones that have entered adulthood and now working tend to look out for their kid bros and sis in the orphanage. God is actually wonderful because in one way or the other, those kids get catered for.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by achu442(m): 4:55pm On Feb 18, 2022
Elidrisy20:
They go back to their parents

just listen to yourself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by aribisala0(m): 4:57pm On Feb 18, 2022
Family reunion

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by TheOmoney(m): 5:01pm On Feb 18, 2022
They're often encouraged and sponsored to learn a craft/vocation that would ease their everyday lives by fetching income when they're alone....outside the orphanage.
Las Las they sponsor themselves in Uni or small scale Business grin
Most of them better pass me and u sef. grin

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by capnies: 5:01pm On Feb 18, 2022
Foodqueen:
That orphanage serves as their home.

Just like every adult, when they grow up, they find their path in life.

They leave and get married.

Will your children stay with you forever

IF THEY HAVE ISSUES IN THEIR MARRIAGES WHO DO THEY RUN TO, ESPECIALLY THE FEMALES
Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by sageb: 5:02pm On Feb 18, 2022
Life ain't easy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House / My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise / What Will You Do If Your Spouse Slaps You In Public?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.