Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? (29786 Views)

Husband Caught His Politician Wife In Bed With Their Adopted Son (Pictures) / I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage / Nigeria, Where Kids That Should Be In Schools Are Breadwinners Of Their Families (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by Mariangeles(f): 5:03pm On Feb 18, 2022
iamL:
Our organization once reached out to an orphanage I was amongst the committee.

I Forge a bond with one of the grownup girl. I wanted to follow up on her but there was no way as We later cut ties with the orphanage when they wanted to turn it into church issue.

I sometimes wonder how she is. Most of Those children are going through a lot.

This reminded me of when Kim Kardashian and her family went on a trip to Thailand, and they visited an orphanage with gifts, then Kim bonded with this particular girl named Pinky.

She was this slim, tall, dark and pretty Thai girl with a beautiful smile (it was her smile that caught Kim’s attention)

They both genuinely connected in a way that you could feel it. (It was before Kim had her own children)
When they (the Kardashians) were about leaving, the girl took off her bracelet and gave it to Kim, and Kim was so touched.

In the car, Kim kept looking back at the girl till she was out of sight.
She felt down.
After that, she made up her mind to adopt her but her mum stylishly talked her out of it.
So, all they did was visit the orphanage again with more gifts.
Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by matm: 5:06pm On Feb 18, 2022
Evil minded people may have ulterior motive towards them as they read this,esp ritualists and perverts.So, everyone should beware.
Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by meobizy(f): 5:10pm On Feb 18, 2022
Nobody ever asks how the orphanages get children to begin with.
Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by Foodqueen(f): 5:13pm On Feb 18, 2022
capnies:

IF THEY HAVE ISSUES IN THEIR MARRIAGES WHO DO THEY RUN TO, ESPECIALLY THE FEMALES

Just see them as a normal people raised in a family.

They go home.

Besides it's not everyone that have biological family that go back to complain about stuffs happening in their lives.

Those children are well loved, sometimes more than children who have biological family.

Try to reach out to any orphanage near you, they deserve the love.

In case, u will want to ask about the surname they answer..... It's always that of the owner of the orphanage or the name of the home.

Their is one run by a Catholic church that I know, the children bears missionary as their surname. Eg Paul missionary

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Feb 18, 2022
flokii:
They grow up like normal kids do, go to school, attend unis, graduate, get jobs and get married.. some of them even turn out better than most kids raised by their parents.
I do drop by to present gifts and food items in orphanage homes and I think this question crossed my mind once which I asked at one of the homes. It's safer giving help to those kids than the evil doers you see everywhere and they pray for you.
Pls, sponsors them to university level?
Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by GboyegaD(m): 5:16pm On Feb 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Well organized ones? undecided

Like Save our soul at Isolo for example.

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by Kobojunkie: 5:17pm On Feb 18, 2022
GboyegaD:
Like Save our soul at Isolo for example.
So you are referring to the organization and not the actual orphans? undecided
Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by CrudeSon: 5:23pm On Feb 18, 2022
So what of their surname,which state will they claim to come from,how did they arrive at the orphanage cos not everyday kids are dropped at the bushes to rescued?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by GboyegaD(m): 5:23pm On Feb 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So you are referring to the organization and not the actual orphans? undecided

The actual orphans are the kids so I'm not getting your question.
Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by Kobojunkie: 5:26pm On Feb 18, 2022
GboyegaD:
The actual orphans are the kids so I'm not getting your question.
Your initial comment led me to thinking you meant well organized orphans or something like that. undecided
Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by LocalStandard1(m): 5:26pm On Feb 18, 2022
It's a she.
Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by Marisujuaku(f): 5:26pm On Feb 18, 2022
They lead normal lives as adults. Similar thing happened in our village years ago. A stranger and his wife with three children entered our village and rented two rooms in a family extension house. They lived for months and one night, the couple disappeared into thin air. The family with the help of the villagers tried to locate them but all to no avail. Unfortunately, they didn't leave no address. They only told them they're from Calabar. The children don't know their place too.. After making a formal report, they were told to become their primary guardian if they can, till whenever their parents show up.
They raised them and gave the only son a land as his inheritance. He's now married with kids and they have become sons and daughters of our land. The sisters are equally married too and still living happily.
So being an orphan is not a death sentence. They had their challenges too but still turned out well. BTW, the parents were never seen till this day.

2 Likes

Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by Xagacem: 5:29pm On Feb 18, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
They are like every normal kid.

During holidays, while you return to your family house, they return to the orphanage where their family is waiting for them.
When they graduate and get job, some may remain if there is space for their accommodation while some rent their own apartment and go on and settle down to lead their lives.

I was once privileged to be in an organization sponsoring their education. That orphanage has produced a lot of graduates who are even parents today, it even produced one of the top music acts at some point in time. Sincerely,most the children in that particular orphanage were awesome and they were all living well , well above even some children from functional families.I applaud Nigerians for this great support for that particular orphanage.

Sincerely, there is no big deal and I love how they call one another brother and sister. I notice that their bond even remains even after leaving the orphanage.

Children of the staff of orphanages equally benefit from the free stuffs and scholarship we were extending to the top orphanage then. That was when I knew that not all those in the orphanages are actually from dysfunctional backgrounds wink

Here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.
as a Nigerians we come from different kindred what about that aspect for the male one, where become their town in terms of indigine
Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by THELATTERMAN(m): 5:30pm On Feb 18, 2022
TriCee:
Good question
A lot happens to them, good and bad. Some turned out quite nicely and settled in life. While some became ritualists and prostitutes.

So, in a nut shell, LIFE happened to them.

What’s life to you?
Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by Kobojunkie: 5:34pm On Feb 18, 2022
Marisujuaku:
.. After making a formal report, they were told to become their primary guardian if they can, till whenever their parents show up.
They raised them and gave the only son a land as his inheritance. He's now married with kids and they have become sons and daughters of our land. The sisters are equally married too and still living happily.
So being an orphan is not a death sentence. They had their challenges too but still turned out well. BTW, the parents were never seen till this day.
What a fantastically lovely story. So do all orphans in your village end up with the same happy ending? undecided
Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by FreeStuffsNG: 5:34pm On Feb 18, 2022
Xagacem:
as a Nigerians we come from different kindred what about that aspect for the male one, where become their town in terms of indigine
I suspect that most of them later trace their true biological parents just to have the fulfilment and not to really connect.

From my experience, they bear the state of origin of their proprietor who usually deploy her kindred links to help them.
Enough said wink
Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by iamL(f): 5:36pm On Feb 18, 2022
Mariangeles:

This reminded me of when Kim Kardashian and her family went on a trip to Thailand, and they visited an orphanage with gifts, then Kim bonded with this particular girl named Pinky.
She was this slim, tall, dark and pretty Thai girl with a beautiful smile (it was her smile that caught Kim’s attention)
They both genuinely connected in a way that you can feel it. (It was before Kim had her own children)
When they (the Kardashians) were about leaving, the girl took off her bracelet and gave it to Kim, and Kim was so touched.
In the car, Kim kept looking back at the girl till she was out of sight.
She felt down.
After that, she made up her mind to adopt her but her mum stylishly talked her out of it.
So, all they did was visit the orphanage again with more gifts.

I felt really bad knowing there was no way to keep in touch.

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by GboyegaD(m): 5:38pm On Feb 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Your initial comment led me to thinking you meant well organized orphans or something like that. undecided

Well organized orphanages is what I mean.

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by Aghaclem67: 5:39pm On Feb 18, 2022
I know one man who used to take those interested in learning some handwork and train them. He established as much as he could and those he trained never forget him. Some had become wealthy and equally reciprocate the same gesture by going to the orphanage and taking responsibility of training the grown up ones. Some of the females ones who marry wealthy people also help in training others. They always have good heart.

2 Likes

Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by asainco(m): 5:44pm On Feb 18, 2022
Some years ago, I asked this question to a nurse that works in a government orphanage and the stories she told me broke my heart.. In summary when these kids(especially girls, cos boys are high demand and are adopted at much younger age than the girls) get to age twelve they are sent to start hawking pure water or other things, until they get tired of hawking and the orphanage and they run away to never come back to the orphanage, no one cares if they do or not come back, cos it's not their child, hence none of their business. But if they eventually stay till 18 years they are forced to leave the orphanage (or in a case of catholic owned orphanage join the sisterhood) so most kids u see hawking day and night most times don't have a home to return to at the end of the day, now imagine how terrible life is for these kids out there.. Lemme not even tell you the kind of maltreatment these children go through in the orphanage.. Well this is the little I have time for, u are smart now paint a much bigger picture.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by Xagacem: 5:44pm On Feb 18, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

I suspect that most of them later trace their true biological parents just to have the fulfilment and not to really connect.

From my experience, they bear the state of origin of their proprietor who usually deploy her kindred links to help them.
Enough said wink
alright, but to trace ones biological parents may be hard in this scenario where most of them were pick up from the street where there mother's dumb them

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Feb 18, 2022
flokii:
They grow up like normal kids do, go to school, attend unis, graduate, get jobs and get married.. some of them even turn out better than most kids raised by their parents.
I do drop by to present gifts and food items in orphanage homes and I think this question crossed my mind once which I asked at one of the homes. It's safer giving help to those kids than the evil doers you see everywhere and they pray for you.

I wish I was taken to an orphanage instead, I should have gone farther than this. Anyway, I am grateful.
Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by Kobojunkie: 5:53pm On Feb 18, 2022
asainco:
Some years ago, I asked this question to a nurse that works in a government orphanage and the stories she told me broke my heart.. In summary when these kids(especially girls, cos boys are high demand and are adopted at much younger age than the girls) get to age twelve they are sent to start hawking pure water or other things, until they get tired of hawking and the orphanage and they run away to never come back to the orphanage, no one cares if they do or not come back, cos it's not their child, hence none of their business. But if they eventually stay till 18 years they are forced to leave the orphanage (or in a case of catholic owned orphanage join the sisterhood) so most kids u see hawking day and night most times don't have a home to return to at the end of the day, now imagine how terrible life is for these kids out there.. Lemme not even tell you the kind of maltreatment these children go through in the orphanage.. Well this is the little I have time for, u are smart now paint a much bigger picture.
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by Anny505(m): 5:59pm On Feb 18, 2022
KiNg0G:
am asking because I would like to sow a seed to such lives someday.. without taking it as my property.

I know a friend, same university, same faculty but diff department that grew up an orphanage home....nigga is doing well now
Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by cyprex: 6:03pm On Feb 18, 2022
You mean, "what happens to the few guys who happen to grow up in the orphanages"? There lives are usually next to those of children raised in homes.

The most unfortunate are those left at the mercy of the street, no care from parents, orphanages, government or the society. They are found in dozens across Oshodi under bridge, old market stalls, uncompleted buildings etc.

Our society needs healing, the churches, mosques and government are all complicit
Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by Dayvidblue: 6:23pm On Feb 18, 2022
youmour:
I wanted to say a joke concerning this but it is way too dark, I don't want to go to hell

I love dark humour, pls feed me.
Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by Dollywood(m): 6:24pm On Feb 18, 2022
KiNg0G:
am asking because I would like to sow a seed to such lives someday.. without taking it as my property.

"Property", how did your brain come up with such degoratory word?
Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by FahBuLous: 6:26pm On Feb 18, 2022
obembet:
I don't know what to say
How will you know what to say??
You never know what to say or contribute on meaningful thread, if it's about how Messi missed a penalty or didn't score a goal, you will be in the Frontline, olodo... angry angry

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by Theevilone(m): 6:28pm On Feb 18, 2022
flokii:

I answered the OP's question or you need me to simply my comment so you can comprehend?

Well, the guys that weren't adopted but grew up in the orphanage start their lives as adults and they get married and have kids while the ladies among them also get married and start raising families.. you gerrit now?

And they will be a native of where, where do they build house for those that can’t afford land in the city ?
Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by flokii: 6:30pm On Feb 18, 2022
Theevilone:

And they will be a native of where, where do they build house for those that can’t afford land in the city ?

That I don't know.. they'll probably take up their host community or L.G.A as their native place and can move anywhere later, even abroad if they have the means.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House / My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise / What Will You Do If Your Spouse Slaps You In Public?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.