Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,414 members, 7,830,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? (29785 Views)

Husband Caught His Politician Wife In Bed With Their Adopted Son (Pictures) / I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage / Nigeria, Where Kids That Should Be In Schools Are Breadwinners Of Their Families (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by Theevilone(m): 6:34pm On Feb 18, 2022
meobizy:
Nobody ever asks how the orphanages get children to begin with.

We all know already .
Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by Omoluabiii(m): 6:34pm On Feb 18, 2022
iamL:

Not Nigeria government u mean?
you know 9ja nahh,
9ja go opposite to where serious countries re heading.
The real citizens re in hell left alone orphanage....
They re on their own niii. grin
But if the Country/government is a sane one, they ought to be cared for as i stated earlier.
Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by Theevilone(m): 6:39pm On Feb 18, 2022
CrudeSon:
So what of their surname,which state will they claim to come from,how did they arrive at the orphanage cos not everyday kids are dropped at the bushes to rescued?

Some are products of abandoned baby in the hospital, some the family give them to the orphanage homes, some are lost kids taken to the orphanage home by a Good Samaritan.

What I want to know is where they build their houses and buried .
Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by Omoluabiii(m): 6:42pm On Feb 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Which government? What orphanage? Where? undecided

thats what is in the constitution regarding orphans and less priviledge,
but you know 9ja, we do the opposite,
so it's there but doesnt apply,
here, those niggarz are on their own,
But in a sane country that knows the rules and apply it,
the orphans and less priviledge re cared for as i stated earlier...
Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by Kobojunkie: 6:50pm On Feb 18, 2022
Omoluabiii:
Thats what is in the constitution regarding orphans and less priviledge,
but you know 9ja, we do the opposite,
so it's there but doesnt apply,

here, those niggarz are on their own,
But in a sane country that knows the rules and apply it,
the orphans and less priviledge re cared for as i stated earlier...
You confused me. undecided
Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by Theevilone(m): 7:01pm On Feb 18, 2022
I have always dream of having at least two orphans a boy and a girl when I marry and can give them very good life,

A speaker in our youth week program once asked us to list our goals and keep to ourselves, and my first wish was to have one of the best orphanage homes around but today I’m 32 and can’t even boast of any tangible thing and this is a guy that planned to finish school and marry at 25, life sef .

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by meobizy(f): 7:05pm On Feb 18, 2022
Theevilone:

We all know already .
No, you don’t.
Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by Theevilone(m): 7:07pm On Feb 18, 2022
meobizy:
No, you don’t.

Your right since your now me lol
Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by Aaaii: 7:20pm On Feb 18, 2022
They survived
Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by Yampotatocarrot(m): 9:17pm On Feb 18, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
They are like every normal kid.

e book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.

True... There is an orphanage home my organisation visit during festive periods and other seasons like Valentine, you'll be surprised the kind of "good life" these guys live. The senior ones even use iPhones.

I really applaud the fact that most Nigerians are now open to giving to orphanage homes, some have made it compulsory to always spend their birthdays with this kids. It makes these kids feel more loved, which is a good thing.
Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by Ishilove: 9:25pm On Feb 18, 2022
thorpido:
They grow up and find a path in life and move on.I've seen some get married.
I remember one some years back who got married and the wedding day, the orphanage proprietress stood in as mother of the groom. Little Saints orphanage or so. I can't remember

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by NamelessOGBENI(m): 9:57pm On Feb 18, 2022
Elidrisy20:
They go back to their parents
Comrade, no maize for you.
Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by bizzibodi(m): 10:04pm On Feb 18, 2022
My own question is if those orphan kids bear the same surname?
2.Do government even run orphanages which should be a very big institutions with large farms,school, playground & vocational training centre?
Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by walozanga(m): 10:17pm On Feb 18, 2022
1Alex:

Read the OP's question again and modify your post.

Sometimes I wonder how people dont make sense to the topic and get much likes. It's crazy
Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by yinkeys(m): 10:20pm On Feb 18, 2022
KiNg0G:
am asking because I would like to sow a seed to such lives someday.. without taking it as my property.
Under bridge street thugs
Conductors
Weed sellers
Labourers that cut grass etc
Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by Oyiboman69: 11:05pm On Feb 18, 2022
thorpido:
They grow up and find a path in life and move on.I've seen some get married.
the are still the government property... they get all the free stuff from education to employment and the government also consider them before any other person for most positions. some people you see in most government agencies today are orphans and the only family they know is the owner and the kids in that particular orphanage where they grew up.if they want to marry, the woman operating the orphanage is the one to stand as their mother and like I said,they're still the government property even if they get married and starts a life their datas are there with the government...

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by 1Alex: 11:23pm On Feb 18, 2022
flokii:

I answered the OP's question or you need me to simplify my comment so you can comprehend?

Well, the guys that weren't adopted but grew up in the orphanage start their lives as adults and they get married and have kids while the ladies among them also get married and start raising families.. you gerrit now?
The bold is the answer the op needs.

Simply, they grow up in the orphanage and trained to become independent.
Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by Mgada1ne(m): 11:35pm On Feb 18, 2022
aboyaji:
They stay in the same orphanage home then get enrolled in most especially, skill acquisition. They go about their daily activities and return there until they can fend for themselves or get married.

The only person that answered the question!
Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by craves(m): 1:16am On Feb 19, 2022
they grow, get married and live normal like everyone else. i had a normal classmates in primary school who come to school from a catholic orphanage. they were relatives - a boy an and a girl. don't know i the guy is married now. for the girl, she was married in line with urhobo culture because the orphanage is located in warri. her bride price was paid to the church, a priest stood as the father during the traditional and white wedding

very beautiful ceremony, catholic church know how to arrange things maturely

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by calcal: 1:26am On Feb 19, 2022
They later join the police and start pushing drugs for Tinubu
Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by baby124: 2:28am On Feb 19, 2022
Marisujuaku:
They lead normal lives as adults. Similar thing happened in our village years ago. A stranger and his wife with three children entered our village and rented two rooms in a family extension house. They lived for months and one night, the couple disappeared into thin air. The family with the help of the villagers tried to locate them but all to no avail. Unfortunately, they didn't leave no address. They only told them they're from Calabar. The children don't know their place too.. After making a formal report, they were told to become their primary guardian if they can, till whenever their parents show up.
They raised them and gave the only son a land as his inheritance. He's now married with kids and they have become sons and daughters of our land. The sisters are equally married too and still living happily.
So being an orphan is not a death sentence. They had their challenges too but still turned out well. BTW, the parents were never seen till this day.
Wow. Hope the parents were not victims of one of these horrible accidents on our roads. It’s not normal that both mother and father will run away and never come back. It just doesn’t sound right.

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by cardoctor(m): 4:49am On Feb 19, 2022
Na God
Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by InoGetJoy: 5:21am On Feb 19, 2022
Marisujuaku:
They lead normal lives as adults. Similar thing happened in our village years ago. A stranger and his wife with three children entered our village and rented two rooms in a family extension house. They lived for months and one night, the couple disappeared into thin air. The family with the help of the villagers tried to locate them but all to no avail. Unfortunately, they didn't leave no address. They only told them they're from Calabar. The children don't know their place too.. After making a formal report, they were told to become their primary guardian if they can, till whenever their parents show up.
They raised them and gave the only son a land as his inheritance. He's now married with kids and they have become sons and daughters of our land. The sisters are equally married too and still living happily.
So being an orphan is not a death sentence. They had their challenges too but still turned out well. BTW, the parents were never seen till this day.
That family who raised them did great and God will forever bless them
Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by InoGetJoy: 5:23am On Feb 19, 2022
asainco:
Some years ago, I asked this question to a nurse that works in a government orphanage and the stories she told me broke my heart.. In summary when these kids(especially girls, cos boys are high demand and are adopted at much younger age than the girls) get to age twelve they are sent to start hawking pure water or other things, until they get tired of hawking and the orphanage and they run away to never come back to the orphanage, no one cares if they do or not come back, cos it's not their child, hence none of their business. But if they eventually stay till 18 years they are forced to leave the orphanage (or in a case of catholic owned orphanage join the sisterhood) so most kids u see hawking day and night most times don't have a home to return to at the end of the day, now imagine how terrible life is for these kids out there.. Lemme not even tell you the kind of maltreatment these children go through in the orphanage.. Well this is the little I have time for, u are smart now paint a much bigger picture.
Most orphanage homes don't do this. The ones I know, the kids are all taken care of.
Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by InoGetJoy: 5:26am On Feb 19, 2022
Theevilone:
I have always dream of having at least two orphans a boy and a girl when I marry and can give them very good life,

A speaker in our youth week program once asked us to list our goals and keep to ourselves, and my first wish was to have one of the best orphanage homes around but today I’m 32 and can’t even boast of any tangible thing and this is a guy that planned to finish school and marry at 25, life sef .
You have a good heart. I pray life works perfectly in your favour, and soon.
Consider going into I.T. Learn a digital skill

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by Born2conquer: 6:28am On Feb 19, 2022
Yampotatocarrot:

True... There is an orphanage home my organisation visit during festive periods and other seasons like Valentine, you'll be surprised the kind of "good life" these guys live. The senior ones even use iPhones.

I really applaud the fact that most Nigerians are now open to giving to orphanage homes, some have made it compulsory to always spend their birthdays with this kids. It makes these kids feel more loved, which is a good thing.
We visited an orphanage once and my pastor kid didn't want to leave, I was around 15years then and sincerely, those kids were LIVING BETTER THAN US.

We had to trek for over 1hr just to save transport cost only to get to the orphanage to see beautiful FACES! no cap, they were all using good phones and they had a generator (mikano) running 24/7.

My pastor kid said "Daddy, I want to live here".

About where they school, they were enrolled to a big private school from primary to secondary school
Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by omoharry(f): 7:23am On Feb 19, 2022
Theevilone:

Don't worry. One day, God will bless the work of Ur hands beyond your imagination. That it will look like a dream to you . Then you can be able to fulfill ur dream of giving two orphans a home and putting a smile on thier faces .

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by omoharry(f): 7:28am On Feb 19, 2022
InoGetJoy:

You have a good heart. I pray life works perfectly in your favour, and soon.
Consider going into I.T. Learn a digital skill
Good advise.
Re: What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? by asainco(m): 1:14pm On Feb 19, 2022
InoGetJoy:

Most orphanage homes don't do this. The ones I know, the kids are all taken care of.
Well I shared a story.. That's all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House / My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise / What Will You Do If Your Spouse Slaps You In Public?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.