Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,697 members, 7,809,636 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

Dating A Vegetarian Or Vegan - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating A Vegetarian Or Vegan (2016 Views)

When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage / My Experience Dating A Nigerian Police / Can You Marry A Vegetarian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dating A Vegetarian Or Vegan by EvilSlayer(m): 9:40am On Feb 17, 2006
I met this girl girl like a couple of weeks ago, she's pretty cool and all and I kind of like her but she's a vegan. We went out to dinner the other night, and when I ordered some stake, she got so mad at me like I'm suppose to change my life style for her. I love meat, and if I don't have some kind of meat in my food I feel like I'm missing something. Has anyone here ever dated or married a vegan ? how do you guys manage.
Re: Dating A Vegetarian Or Vegan by cammax7(m): 1:56pm On Mar 11, 2006
she doesnt have to get mad. and you dont have to change because of her either. A girl-friend of mine recently revealed to me that she is a vegetarian and I was like thats cool, coz I get to eat the suya alone if we are out on a stroll in the evening wink
Re: Dating A Vegetarian Or Vegan by mamaput(f): 7:16pm On Mar 11, 2006
No can do .
I need my meat.
Re: Dating A Vegetarian Or Vegan by WesleyanA(f): 4:04am On May 20, 2007
that'll be cool. they live longer and they are pro animal rights.

but i can only wish i turn vegan. i plan on trying it for a year or two though. maybe in college. I think i can do w/o meat for a while.
Re: Dating A Vegetarian Or Vegan by iice(f): 12:14pm On May 20, 2007
Nope, me a meat lover. Can't do without it - To think about never eating suya again? No no no grin
Re: Dating A Vegetarian Or Vegan by jantavanta(m): 2:54pm On Feb 03, 2008
Hi, I'm a lacto-vegetarian and I would feel lucky to meet a vegan girlfriend.
Re: Dating A Vegetarian Or Vegan by uspry1(f): 5:36pm On Feb 03, 2008
Two years ago in the US, I dated a college black Christian professor who was a vegan, frequent traveller and very wealthy told me that he has allergy to eat meat and lactose that is too sensitive to his stomach. I ate my own meat and vegetable food, he does not change what I eat. He also cooked separately food when he invited me his dinner at his home.

I never knew that he was wealthy black guy, why so bother he tell me that I never ask his personal information! lol! grin I guessed that he gained my trustworthy at the same time I gained my experience learning about him while dining out he took me to Ethiopian restaurant, very exotic romantic dinner. After dining out, he took me showing 3 single-family residential properties. Nice properties in a big city downtown but expensive to rent those---$2,000 per month (6 units--upstairs and basement). Mostly tenants are either working class or wealthy type on any race---he just gave one black tenant evicted under city court summon due to non-payment clause.

He was nice guy---never been married before, hated MARRIAGE LIFE due to his bad childhood experience (i can't reveal here), , loved exploring to travel world as real estate investor he loved to buy anything using his stock investment. He was so smart moneywise, even though he was very humble person does not wear designers clothes!
Re: Dating A Vegetarian Or Vegan by Dreloaded(f): 5:57pm On Feb 03, 2008
THE WORSE kind of vegetarian is the kind that try to force their lifestyle on you. My friend, sorry to say but you are dating a PETA member. Lmao, Accept my condolences

Nothing wrong with dating a vegan/vegetarian, i've noticed they tend to look really good when they get older. The REAL ones o, anyway as long as they are the type that dont bother you for not feeling the same way about meat/animal products

uspry1, your dude sounds nice. what happened?
Re: Dating A Vegetarian Or Vegan by uspry1(f): 6:23pm On Feb 03, 2008
@d-reloaded

My ex-dude and I became true friendship. He just interviewed me in order for him writing his next novel about the comparison the difference between deaf black woman (me) vs. hearing black women (he dated many) on dating. He is well-known to every East Coast universities he had been their master ceremony on his field. He also was extremely busy involved in the real estate investment in the name of residential renovation business. He took my advice that I happened know lot about real estate investment, flip/re novatation/contractors procedures, and property contract binding. I followed my daddy's footstep of home builder/contractor. Also computer guru, he asked me my advise about his disabled laptop.

He found out that he was ripped off by dishonest contractors/realtors/computer technician- - -because he was black, i saved his life (his money). That's how he met me from other USA forum long before I discovered Nairaland forum. Now he no longer live in the USA but still monitor on his US properties on semi-yearly for US tax purpose and teaching his classes online (distance for Catholic University in a big city next door to black university) with FULL TENSURE contract while lives in central America. He speaks bilingual: Spanish and English plus adding sign language. That is why he was determined having a date with central American deaf woman after he learned about me.

I strongly believed that he took lot of patience teaching uneducated central American deaf woman he feel CAN DO IT! Maybe he could change his mind to get married her, but i don't think so due to his ugly scar.
Re: Dating A Vegetarian Or Vegan by Dreloaded(f): 7:36pm On Feb 03, 2008
Are you two not dating anymore because he doesnt want to get married again?
Re: Dating A Vegetarian Or Vegan by uspry1(f): 7:59pm On Feb 03, 2008
@d-reloaded

He knew that i seek for long-term relationship that blossum into marriage later. So he informed me in advance that he is not marriage material on the first date, so that way he does not want to hurt women's feelings.

He was surprised that i understood unlikely those women whom he dated, loud nasty insult him that prompted ending on first date. He said very frustrated!

For me not a problem, the more he came back talk to me, dined me out, etc for one year until his paperwork on property has completely, i have not seen 2 years now. I understood his intention. Nothing wrong with friendship i treasured for.

BTW, he don't usually to bring any women come to his house bec of their attitudes he does not trust, but i was the first deaf woman came in his house based on my honest trustworthy, sincere, excellent personality he liked very much. He explained that those women is very much like other NL posters described those girls who is gold-diggers, desperately, or materistic type.
Re: Dating A Vegetarian Or Vegan by jantavanta(m): 8:44am On Feb 04, 2008
uspry, He seems to have a reserved kind of personality. He would be put off by verbose nagging women.

I find it easier meeting vegans outside Africa (Europe, U.S.) There are even specialized dating sites for veggie singles, but apparently, none yet for Africans
Re: Dating A Vegetarian Or Vegan by Nella(f): 4:00pm On Feb 05, 2008
me? grin -- live? grin --- without meat? grin this is a joke right?? shocked shocked
Re: Dating A Vegetarian Or Vegan by jantavanta(m): 4:21pm On Feb 05, 2008
Well, I have been living without meat for 14 years and I am doing fine smiley

1 Like

Re: Dating A Vegetarian Or Vegan by Nobody: 11:30pm On Nov 21, 2016
I'm a Vegetarian and don't eat meat ,but I eat seafood like fish,lobster and shrimps.

(1) (Reply)

Twice She's Tried To Leave My Over The Issue Of Spirituality / Boyfriend Or Sister? / Am I A Fool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.