Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,309 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? (22147 Views)

What Happens To Those Who Did Evil To Fulfill The Scriptures ? / Why Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Christ? / Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by Dharmiejoe(m): 3:44pm On Apr 17, 2022
Judas became a weapon of his greed and selfish nature. Even after betraying jesus he could have asked for repentance perhaps he could have been saved. Peter the right hand man of Jesus denied him 3 times but wept over his actions and repented. So You are Responsible for your actions not predestined.
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:44pm On Apr 17, 2022
brightalo1010:

By the way why did what Eve affected other ladies?

Because, she was destroyed and cursed even before she had her seed.

And all her seeds were born after her contamination and destruction like a person who has HIv (without Inhibiters) before pregnancy.
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by brightalo1010: 3:44pm On Apr 17, 2022
Uprightness100:
It was not his destiny. He Personally choose to make the action.

Prophecies had gone forth that one of you will betray me. Prophecies didn't say Judas will betray me. Judas choose to allow the devil enter him and was fully responsible for his action.

So Judas betrayed JESUS.

In the same vain, Endtimes Prophecies have long been written befor us. Prophecies have been written that many will fall and be Casualties of the Endtimes. But it behoves on you and me as individuals to ensure we stand with JESUS Christ, in good or bad, so as not to be the one to be Casualties of the Endtimes.

Among 12 he said one of you. Which means amongst the 12 one must carry out the mission if not the word of God won't be done. So how can such be a betrayal instead of fulfillment of God's words?
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by brightalo1010: 3:46pm On Apr 17, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Because, she was destroyed and cursed even before she had her seed.

And all her seeds were born after her contamination and destruction like HIv (without Inhibiters)
so which sin and old things Jesus came to clean and rescue us from? Shebi eve sin isn't part of it?
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:53pm On Apr 17, 2022
brightalo1010:
so which sin and old things Jesus came to clean and rescue us from? Shebi eve sin isn't part of it?

Do you not sin as Eve and Adam male did?
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by chuksbobby12: 4:04pm On Apr 17, 2022
I want to ask a very simple question.
According to the bible, God knows the end from the beginning and He knows everything and has All powers. Does He not know that Judas will betray Jesus before creating Judas?
Since God is all powerful and detest sin, why not use His Almighty power to end sin? or eliminate satan so that sin will end.
What exactly is the Logic behind the death of Jesus to redeem mankind from sin? How does killing a human being lead to the forgiveness of sins?
Why will you punish Judas, since it has been destined even before creation that judas will betray Jesus?
Personally, I don't think that Judas deserves any punishment at all because that was what he was created to do and he did it. Unless you guys ar trying to tell me that God does not know the end from the beginning as we have been told. Issues like this brings up questions about the legitimacy and authenticity of the stories in the bible.
PEACE
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by Nemesis08(m): 4:11pm On Apr 17, 2022
He did both
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by Oyiboman69: 4:13pm On Apr 17, 2022
Kingpin1000:

Do you know what you just said?
Whether we like it or not we cannot change our destiny and we are responsible for not being able to change it.
you've been engaging in some activities since you were born into this world which some are good and some are bad even unto your fellow men and which in your assertions, it is highly design by your creator. who do you think will be responsible for those actions or have you forgotten so soon that there will be judgement here on earth by the government of the day or by your creator as a Christian?. it is as if that because the betrayal was committed against Jesus Christ our saviour and because it has been devinely predestined that should make it less punishable?... God gave everyone a free will to do that which is good or bad and Judas was no different as he was consumed by his greed which he did not only committed against Jesus Christ but also unto others....
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by SweetSoup(m): 4:16pm On Apr 17, 2022
Judas didn't betray Jesus, he was part of the whole plan. It was already destined Judas was going to play that role, even before he (Judas) was born.

Judas Iscariot is currently chilling with the big boys in Heaven...
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by lastchild: 4:21pm On Apr 17, 2022
patrickmuf:
Your analogy doesn't apply in this case because you already know the brain capacity of your student hence you can easily say who will pass or not...At birth, it's not possible for your to predict which path a child will follow however, God already knows...You knew Hitler will cause the death of millions of people from birth and even made a Priest save a frowning Hitler in his younger days...I don't think it's sensible for anyone to say Hitler is a bad person because his creator already knew his end from the beginning...

We are only acting a script...We don't have the power of CHOICE...
Lol

you are wrong! That we don't have a
power of choice is the mentality that I had that almost destroyed my life (and has destroyed many)

we have the Power to choose good or bad. Anyone we chose, God allows us to go through it. Ask yourself, "are there no decisions you woke up one morning to take"? was it predestined by God?, No, were you acting a script written by God?, No. It is simply your choice.

if you believe that our lives and actions are predestined by God, why are you trying to change some things you don't like in your life?.

you should've said nothing can be done about it and go to sleep, since it's God's purpose.

Even though there's something God created you to be, but you can decide to say no and do your own. that's the power of choice given to man.

Amos was not born to be a prophet, at a certain point, his relationship with God made God to use him {Amos 7:14-15}
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by chiboycue: 4:27pm On Apr 17, 2022
FamilyAdviser:
It was destined that Jesus Christ will come and save the world, one of the stringent policy attached to his coming was his death which he accepted wholeheartedly when every other Angels declined.

We all know the story of how Judas Iscariot Betrayed Jesus:
For instance in Luke 22:4-6

4 And Judas went to the chief priests and the officers of the temple guard and discussed with them how he might betray Jesus. 5 They were delighted and agreed to give him money.(G) 6 He consented, and watched for an opportunity to hand Jesus over to them when no crowd was present.

In Matthew 27:3-5, Judas tells the chief priests and elders, "'I have sinned,' he said, 'for I have betrayed innocent blood. ... ' So Judas threw the money into the temple and left. Then he went away and hanged himself.

Did Judas Iscariot Betrayed Jesus or help him Fulfill the Scripture??

Judas Iscariot betrayed Jesus Christ just like Simon Peter denied Jesus Christ.
Judas Iscariot had the opportunity to repent and ask God for forgiveness just like Simon Peter did but he chose to commit suicide by hanging himself.
History would continue to remember Judas Iscariot as the one that betrayed Jesus Christ.
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by kwasoly(m): 4:39pm On Apr 17, 2022
FamilyAdviser:
It was destined that Jesus Christ will come and save the world, one of the stringent policy attached to his coming was his death which he accepted wholeheartedly when every other Angels declined.

We all know the story of how Judas Iscariot Betrayed Jesus:
For instance in Luke 22:4-6

4 And Judas went to the chief priests and the officers of the temple guard and discussed with them how he might betray Jesus. 5 They were delighted and agreed to give him money.(G) 6 He consented, and watched for an opportunity to hand Jesus over to them when no crowd was present.

In Matthew 27:3-5,. ... ' So Judas threw the money into the temple and left. Then he went away and hanged himself.

Did Judas Iscariot Betrayed Jesus or help him Fulfill the Scripture??

Only you ask question still answer the question again, watn u want us to now answer?
Judas tells the chief priests and elders, "'I have sinned,' he said, 'for I have betrayed innocent blood
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by brightalo1010: 5:14pm On Apr 17, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Do you not sin as Eve and Adam male did?

and I'm asking how did eve sin come dey affect others despite the fact Jesus himself died to clean those sins and said old things has passed away.
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by AntiChristian: 5:18pm On Apr 17, 2022
ANTIlSLAM:

The same way Safiyyah bint Huyayy should be celebrated for sending Muhammad to his grave for the atrocities he committed against Christians and Jews living in Mecca right before he was born

Judas sent Jesus to be killed not your God.
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by AntiChristian: 5:22pm On Apr 17, 2022
Memeni:

Better repent and give ur life to Christ Jesus now to avoid "had i known". "Do not be decieved,God is not mocked..what ever a man soweth he shall surely reap" says the Bible. Whether you're a heathen, atheist, Muslim, Christian, slave, free, Buddha, rich, poor, black or white we shall all stand in judgement and to be judged by Christ Jesus on the last day either to eternal life or eternal condemnation.

It's is for your own good that you accept Christ Jesus now why it's still time for today is the day of salvation. No one knows tomorrow.. tomorrow might be too late. Don't die without having a personal relationship with Christ Jesus. It doesn't matter what you say or who you are..it doesn't change him from being God. There's no excuse whether you're an atheist, Muslim, Buddha or any of those things "Man you've no excuse" says the Bible.

For Jesus said "I'm the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the father except through me". No one..I repeat no one can come to the father except through Christ Jesus. "Only a fool will say that there's no God" says the Bible

The question is..are u a fool?

Where did the Bible say anything? Who said I have no excuse in your Bible?

Where did Jesus told anyone to accept him as Lord and savior?

I believe in God but Jesus is a man approved by God like other messengers.

Jesus was the way for his people just as Moses and Noah were the way for their people.
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by AntiChristian: 5:26pm On Apr 17, 2022
miketayo:

Even if Judas never existed Jesus would still be crucified, but Judas let the devil use him to betray Jesus

Did he betray Jesus or helped Jesus do the ritual he came to do?
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by Techguy96(m): 5:28pm On Apr 17, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

In God's Hands.

Any unlawful use of evil, is evil.
This is definitely weed
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by Fordzzy(m): 5:29pm On Apr 17, 2022
Go ask judas the son of carrot undecided....
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by AntiChristian: 5:37pm On Apr 17, 2022
Jossymekoos10:

Bible said all things work for good to them that love God
What Judas did was evil but it worked out for the purpose of God.
He must receive punishment for his sin except the lord forgives him

Which sin did he commit? He helped your God complete the ritual of killing his son!
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by AntiChristian: 5:42pm On Apr 17, 2022
Proudlyomonna:

Ok.
So did you swear an Oath before writing this thrash ? undecided undecided

Which oath? Do you Christians agree to one oath?
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by AntiChristian: 5:43pm On Apr 17, 2022
gaskiyamagana:

The confusion about Judas death , the leading character in the whole story, is foundation of the Islamic disputation of the belief.
1. Died by hanging or
2. by falling down from Mountain and his intestine gushed out?

The Bible writers are even confused as to how he died.
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by Proudlyomonna: 6:16pm On Apr 17, 2022
AntiChristian:

Which oath? Do you Christians agree to one oath?

Did you swear one nonetheless?
I am sure if you were to type that blablabla you typed here in a Muslim thread you would be cornered to swear an Oath before writing your opinion undecided
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by DMerciful(m): 6:32pm On Apr 17, 2022
Christianity is confused on Jesus and Judas and predestiny.

You cannot come to die and still blame the people that killed you. How else would you die? Suicide?
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by AntiChristian: 6:45pm On Apr 17, 2022
Proudlyomonna:

Did you swear one nonetheless?
I am sure if you were to type that blablabla you typed here in a Muslim thread you would be cornered to swear an Oath before writing your opinion undecided

Even with the oath your goons still came around to create hell over there.
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by ANTIlSLAM(m): 6:47pm On Apr 17, 2022
AntiChristian:

Judas sent Jesus to be killed not your God.

Who sent Safiyyah bint Huyayy to killed your messenger to òrun arèmabò??
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by AntiChristian: 6:50pm On Apr 17, 2022
ANTIlSLAM:

Who sent Safiyyah bint Huyayy to killed your messenger to òrun arèmabò??

Same babalawo who sent your Jesus to be killed and your John to beheaded.
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by a2d3rew(m): 6:50pm On Apr 17, 2022
Memeni:

You're correct my brother. It doesn't matter your level of education once you believe in Christ Jesus you're a new creature. The bible said "one would betray him". It didn't say" Judas will betray Christ Jesus". It could have been anyone... Judas allowed the devil to use him..it was his personal choice to betray Christ Jesus.

Really appreciate
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by Imoni65(f): 7:01pm On Apr 17, 2022
To Fulfill Scripure he has to betray him. Christ is Risen Happy Easter to you.
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by MediMedi(m): 7:09pm On Apr 17, 2022
lets be frank, Wetin judas did e bad wey wey.
As in, you planned in ur mind to sell who have been healing the sick, raising the dead, multiplying fish, bread in ur very own eye

That's the kick start of what jesus came to do, devil used judas so as scripture to play it role.

Without those stuff, jesus no go hang himself der na
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by kendological(m): 7:53pm On Apr 17, 2022
Oyiboman69:
It doesn't make it less a betrayal as we're all responsible for our actions whether predestined..
Confusion. cheesy
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by SKIBiNSKI(m): 8:21pm On Apr 17, 2022
They are still telling this stale lies and fairytale.. grin
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by Benjaniblinks(m): 8:29pm On Apr 17, 2022
drnoel:

Helped him fulfill the scriptures actually. The betrayal was meant to be. The problem was he should have begged for redemption and not commit sucide. That action dammed his soul
Like gave his life to Christ or...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Is Anointing Oil Still Relevant In The New Testament? / 5 Things That God's Anointing Cannot Do / An Encounter With A Ghost.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.