Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,378 members, 7,829,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? (22140 Views)

What Happens To Those Who Did Evil To Fulfill The Scriptures ? / Why Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Christ? / Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by Odidigboigbo(m): 10:33am On Apr 17, 2022
ednut1:
The bible is a book of confusion. One minute he came to die for our sin, the next he is betrayed, the other he is killed. Killing and dieing are not even same . He resurrected and ran to heaven instead of going to meet his killers to show who is boss. Fairly tale religion
You are the one confusion yourself. So if you were killed, you won't die? There are different ways to die and killing is one of them, mofo.

1 Like

Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by Rhado: 10:34am On Apr 17, 2022
He did the two but more of fulfilling the scripture. And for our information Satan did not use him for anything, rather God used him to fulfill the scripture. If not him then it would still be someone else. If Judas did not betray Jesus may be Jesus wouldn’t have died yet and me and you will not be saved yet (according to the Bible). Remember he later returned the money and said he wasn’t doing again but it was too late, he was just an instrument in the hands of God and not devil because he only played a part in what God had already destined.
Adam and Eve were used by Satan against God because Sin wasn’t in the plan of God for man but we can’t say the same for Judas.
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by KingDamzzy(m): 10:35am On Apr 17, 2022
Whazar:
Abeg clear me

LOL it will never make sense.
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by 4good(m): 10:35am On Apr 17, 2022
FamilyAdviser:
It was destined that Jesus Christ will come and save the world, one of the stringent policy attached to his coming was his death which he accepted wholeheartedly when every other Angels declined.

We all know the story of how Judas Iscariot Betrayed Jesus:
For instance in Luke 22:4-6

4 And Judas went to the chief priests and the officers of the temple guard and discussed with them how he might betray Jesus. 5 They were delighted and agreed to give him money.(G) 6 He consented, and watched for an opportunity to hand Jesus over to them when no crowd was present.

In Matthew 27:3-5, Judas tells the chief priests and elders, "'I have sinned,' he said, 'for I have betrayed innocent blood. ... ' So Judas threw the money into the temple and left. Then he went away and hanged himself.

Did Judas Iscariot Betrayed Jesus or help him Fulfill the Scripture??

Judas Iscariot did both.

Happy Easter
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by LordIsaac(m): 10:36am On Apr 17, 2022
"It is written that one of you would betray me...but woe to that man..." You don't pronounce woe on a helper. Satan used him...
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by gaskiyamagana: 10:36am On Apr 17, 2022
AntiChristian:
According to their Bible, Jesus came to die. Judas helped him fulfill this. And he became condemned.

Even the Bible became confused as to how Judas died!

Judas is supposed to be celebrated since good Friday is good and not bad!

The confusion about Judas death , the leading character in the whole story, is foundation of the Islamic disputation of the belief.
1. Died by hanging or
2. by falling down from Mountain and his intestine gushed out?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by Lablover01: 10:37am On Apr 17, 2022
He helped him fulfilled the scripture.
In other word Judas is not a bad person
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by holluwizzy: 10:37am On Apr 17, 2022
The bible tells us what we need to know

And not what 100% account of what happened.

2 Likes

Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by Nobody: 10:38am On Apr 17, 2022
@MumEmdy
Ok for instance, let's use this old thread as a case study on the predestination thing we were earlier on chatting about.
Shey, on the surface level you would think that Judas was betraying Jesus just for the money?
But this topic has brought another angle to it- What if all he was doing was fulfilling prophecy? God's words will never return to him void. Shey someone had to get the job done? To take the fall? Then can we say that it's was predetermined? Predestined for a man (most likely a man than a woman) to be used to fulfill that part of betraying Jesus? Was Judas predestined or it could have been any other man at the time? Hmmmm...it begs for pondering. Interesting isn't it? Hehe..I'm smiling here just putting it all into perspective.

Now my thoughts, and based on the little wisdom (I think) I have, is that, God has preseen all these events even in heaven before they were acted out on earth. He has seen the end from the beginning. He has searched the hearts of men and seen who is most suitable for a certain role to play. Who is wicked, who is very kind at heart, and who is brave, etc.....God found them all as they were developing, growing. You know he is everlasting nau.
So he saw that Judas will be born as a child, grow up, somehow by chance and time, get to meet Jesus. God saw that his heart worshipped money more than anything else. Did God cause him to love money that much? No. God is not wicked. But God allowed it to be out of freewill. So, he kept Judas alive all through the years as he sojourned through life, God didn't let him die in an accident or via murder. He was allowed to live till the appointment period (where he will meet and betray Christ) He was not the only candidate for the position of the greatest betrayer in history, but maybe through God's wisdom, He saw that this Judas of a man is the best amongst all the potential betrayers for the job (eyah). His own heart is far gone away from me (from God). God has seen that he will, by time and chance get to cross paths with Jesus and his other disciples. Thus, he allowed him to lead his own self down the road to destruction. And off Judas went, going to his destruction without really knowing he would overly regret it.
Predestination I believe, is a real phenomenon. But there's always twist and turns to it, but not in all cases.
Like Pharoh of Egypt had to play that part in the Exodus of the Israelites from Egypt, abi? If you read through, you will even see where God said that ' I made his heart more hardened towards the Israelites, that he wouldn't allow them go". This should tell us something, right??
So, he had been preselected for this role, and though he was king and occupied an enviable rank, he was the most unfortunate of them. His heart was evil and God allowed him to ascend to become king in order to make an example out of him...To ridicule him, and finally destroy him(the sea swallowed him and his chariots, bla bla..)
I hope you got something out of this my enumerations o? There's a lot of wisdom that we need to discover, and it's through God we can get them...I want to know more mysteries and why this and that is allowed to happen...Gonna be an interesting journey as I grow up older. It helps to even pass time too...lol
Plus you feel you're being carried along with what God is trying to achieve, is achieving and is teaching us humans, through these life occurrences that we sometimes don't understand......yet.

Sigh..! I don talk wella..but I'm glad I did smiley. I even learned something myself, whilst at it. U see..

2 Likes

Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by leofab(f): 10:38am On Apr 17, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Who can not prophecy that a person who drives at the average speed of 180kph from Abuja to Lagos, will have an accident?

And it is the driver who is blamed for overspeeding and wreck-full driving.

A prophecy tells what shall happen in the future.

So, Judas was very stupid full to allow himself to be used by Satan (same thing he did to Eve, in using her to destroy the man Adam) to betray The Lord, Th6 Lord Himself. E no Fear even after seeing all the The Lord hath done and Said!
your brain is filled with saw dust.. what is devil business with Jesus death? Jesus dying was premeditated in heaven even before he came…
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by TenQ: 10:39am On Apr 17, 2022
FamilyAdviser:
It was destined that Jesus Christ will come and save the world, one of the stringent policy attached to his coming was his death which he accepted wholeheartedly when every other Angels declined.

4 And Judas went to the chief priests and the officers of the temple guard and discussed with them how he might betray Jesus. 5 They were delighted and agreed to give him money.(G) 6 He consented, and watched for an opportunity to hand Jesus over to them when no crowd was present.

In Matthew 27:3-5, Judas tells the chief priests and elders, "'I have sinned,' he said, 'for I have betrayed innocent blood. ... ' So Judas threw the money into the temple and left. Then he went away and hanged himself.

There are two or three ways to look at it
1. Judas betrayed Jesus for the pure greed of the money.
He could also be expecting that Jesus would just vanish before his captors! A win-win for him
2. Judas betrayed Jesus to force him to do miracles before the Sanhedrin and other Jewish leaders so that Jesus could be accepted as their Messiah! Alas, Jesus didn't perform any self advertising or self delivering miracle.
3. Judas betrayed Jesus thinking that the Jewish leaders just wanted an interview with Jesus. His job was to facilitate this as Jesus seldom visits Jerusalem and could be relatively unknown by face to the Jewish leaders.

The bottom line however is that according to prophecy, Jesus would be sold for 30 silver coins

Zechariah 11:12-13
And I said unto them, If you think good, give me my hire; and if not, forbear. So they weighed for my hire thirty pieces of silver. And Jehovah said unto me, Cast it unto the potter, the goodly price that I was prized at by them. And I took the thirty pieces of silver, and cast them unto the potter, in the house of Jehovah”

The case of Judas was NOT a PREDESTINATION but a fulfilment of the FOREKNOWLEDGE of God!

2 Likes

Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:39am On Apr 17, 2022
Yabsun:

But God is omniscient. He has preknowledge of what's happening and what's to come. He knew Judas would betray Jesus for scripture to be fufilled. If all these are correct then I see no reason why Judas should be condemned.

And one of those knowings also is that Judas could have driven safely by refusing to be used by Satan, if he wanted to.

But the fool wanted to make Abuja Lagos in 2 hours with his Camry.
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by Donedeal1(m): 10:40am On Apr 17, 2022
Just like Judas was forewarned,
Likewise many with still perishing
For choosing to hardened their heart.

The chief priest will definitely get hold of the Messiah, but let him do the hunting
Let the blood be on his own head.
Why choosing to be the devils advocate.?.
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by leofab(f): 10:40am On Apr 17, 2022
Odidigboigbo:
You are the one confusion yourself. So if you were killed, you won't die? There are different ways to die and killing is one of them, mofo.
did he die for your sins or was killed for your sins?
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by Proudlyomonna: 10:40am On Apr 17, 2022
AntiChristian:
According to their Bible, Jesus came to die. Judas helped him fulfill this. And he became condemned.

Ok.
So did you swear an Oath before writing this thrash ? undecided undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by ultimateprof: 10:40am On Apr 17, 2022
Judas did not betray Jesus, he helped him to fulfill the script!
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by Odidigboigbo(m): 10:40am On Apr 17, 2022
nathdim:
Me trying hard not to laugh at adults who still believe all these tales ����
Historians and Archeologist acknowledge the existence of Jesus Christ on earth at a time, who are you to dispute it? On whose authority are you speaking?

1 Like

Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by KingDamzzy(m): 10:40am On Apr 17, 2022
The most annoying narrative is when they say "He knows the end from the beginning". Please how?

So God knows when everybody will die. Why then do Christians pray not to die if it as already being predestined? The whole story no just follow.

For somebody with such powers of knowing the end from the beginning, he sure makes some terrible decisions.

3 Likes

Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:41am On Apr 17, 2022
leofab:
your brain is filled with saw dust.. what is devil business with Jesus death? Jesus dying was premeditated in heaven even before he came…

Your own head is vacuum echoed such that you did not read where it said "and Satan entered him".
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by Roycemadeit(m): 10:41am On Apr 17, 2022
penearth:
He betrayed Jesus not as to fulfill scripture because he committed suicide. If actually to fulfill a structure Judas could have repented and saved but he committed suicide meaning a plan by d devil to distroy the ministry

As a very important character who had a unique role in fulfilling the prophecy it is strange that the Bible doesn't know if Judas iscariot jumped off a building or hung himself.

So, if the Bible, the authoritative word of God, could not agree on the death of somebody but gave different accounts, even with the crucification of Jesus Christ... It shows the inconsistencies within it.

1 Like

Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by 07kjb: 10:42am On Apr 17, 2022
The prophecy has to be fulfilled BUT IT HAS A CLAUSE

WOE UNTO HIM THAT THROUGH HIM THE SON OF MAN WILL BE DELIVERED TO DIE, IT IS BETTER FOR HIM NOT TO BE BORN

1 Like

Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by Realists(m): 10:42am On Apr 17, 2022
AntiChristian:

You are right, Judas has to canonized to a Saint, & be called Saint Judas. Ironically they all left him to hang they say

1 Like

Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by Allisgud: 10:42am On Apr 17, 2022
That Judas na igbo man,always want to take every opportunity to make money,even if life his involve,nwaubani ogogo did it selling Igbos to white slave masters

1 Like

Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by kelmicheal: 10:42am On Apr 17, 2022
This is betrayal no excuse about that, Judas should have refused that will not stop the scriptures from being fulfilled
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by Palado4u(m): 10:43am On Apr 17, 2022
Yes, he betrayed the Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus said thou the Son came as it is written of him but owe unto him who shall betray him.

So in essence, Judas Iscariot betrayed him and died of personal conviction and act( suicide) which may not guarantee heaven for him.

The scripture must be fulfilled but owe is that man that betrayed the Prince of Life.

Let's live our Christian lives today as the foundations of God stand sure. Don't betray Jesus in your daily living and behaviour.

1 Like

Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by Proudlyomonna: 10:43am On Apr 17, 2022
ednut1:
The bible is a book of confusion. One minute he came to die for our sin, the next he is betrayed, the other he is killed. Killing and dieing are not even same . He resurrected and ran to heaven instead of going to meet his killers to show who is boss. Fairly tale religion

Ok your opinion though.
So did you swear an Oath before writing this thrash?? undecided
Oga seun watin dey sup for here na,so people must swear an Oath before writing their opinion on the Muslim thread,but people can just write rubbish and gibberish in the Christian threads undecided
What sort of injustice is dat? angry

1 Like

Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by Handsum64: 10:44am On Apr 17, 2022
Christianity
Really?
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by illicit(m): 10:44am On Apr 17, 2022
Judas na scammer

He no believe say anybody fit kill Jesus

He did it for d money but he was shocked that Jesus was killed
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by leofab(f): 10:44am On Apr 17, 2022
Uprightness100:
It was not his destiny. He Personally choose to make the action.

Prophecies had gone forth that one of you will betray me. Prophecies didn't say Judas will betray me. Judas choose to allow the devil enter him and was fully responsible for his action.

So Judas betrayed JESUS.

In the same vain, Endtimes Prophecies have long been written befor us. Prophecies have been written that many will fall and be Casualties of the Endtimes. But it behoves on you and me as individuals to ensure we stand with JESUS Christ, in good or bad, so as not to be the one to be Casualties of the Endtimes.
let me ask you a question.. if you are opportune to go back to the days of Christ.. Will you prevent Jesus from dying ? If you do; will you be working for God or Satan at that instance?

2 Likes

Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by Roycemadeit(m): 10:46am On Apr 17, 2022
07kjb:
The prophecy has to be fulfilled BUT IT HAS A CLAUSE

WOE UNTO HIM THAT THROUGH HIM THE SON OF MAN WILL BE DELIVERED TO DIE, IT IS BETTER FOR HIM NOT TO BE BORN

It is obvious that God doesn't care for his son or his third-half, talk more of another person's son, he could have prevented the birth of this betrayer but of course he wouldn't have done that because that was the only way to redeem the world and spare the millions of goats and the rams from being burnt.
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:46am On Apr 17, 2022
Roycemadeit:

I think you meant... To be used by God... Cuz the devil must have known that his death would save sinners. Judas was simply set up as God set up Adam and Eve by planting the most beautiful tree in a vantage point and asking them not to eat it.

Crime section already proves you like lying to yourself, for we see that every criminal planned on committing the crime, long before he commits the crime exactly as written, "the heart of men seeketh evil continually".

So, no God in here. Just Judas, evil and Satan.
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by achorladey: 10:46am On Apr 17, 2022
FamilyAdviser:

Acts 1 : 15 And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples, and said, (the number of names together were about an hundred and twenty,)

16 Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus.

17 For he was numbered with us, and had obtained part of this ministry.

John 17:12

While I was with them, I was keeping them in Your name which You have given Me; and I guarded them and not one of them perished but the son of perdition, so that the Scripture would be fulfilled.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Is Anointing Oil Still Relevant In The New Testament? / 5 Things That God's Anointing Cannot Do / An Encounter With A Ghost.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.