Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,949 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

A Black Caregiver Gets Wicked Treatment From Her White Boss's Mum (Photo, Video) - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Black Caregiver Gets Wicked Treatment From Her White Boss's Mum (Photo, Video) (37324 Views)

Father’s Reaction To His Daughter Choosing A Black Man For Prom / Northern Women Face Divorce, Trauma For Receiving Treatment From Male Doctors / 5-year-old Boy Reveals His Past Life As A Black Woman Who Died 30 years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Black Caregiver Gets Wicked Treatment From Her White Boss's Mum (Photo, Video) by DeeMain(m): 12:28pm On Feb 21, 2022
BItt:
hey i think different and i am going to say the reason why that woman is pissed wasn't entirely captured in that video.
You provoked her then recorded her actions so that you'll appear to be a saint and the victim.

i know how it works so i am not gonna fall for the video tricks

I doubt you even watched the entire video before ITK commenting. The white woman was the one provoking her all the way and spit on her 5 times. 5 times!

Gerrarahia!
Re: A Black Caregiver Gets Wicked Treatment From Her White Boss's Mum (Photo, Video) by deedeemob(m): 12:32pm On Feb 21, 2022
It's actually an old video bro
officialwdhtv:

No...its a very new and recent video
Re: A Black Caregiver Gets Wicked Treatment From Her White Boss's Mum (Photo, Video) by Regex: 12:36pm On Feb 21, 2022
First of all, she's not supposed to record it. There's what we call service user confidentiality in care. This is where the image be it moving or static of the service user, what they told you their address and basically everything concerning them remains private.

Second of all, the smart thing she would have done was to call the manager and report this incident, and then document it. And ask to leave.

Let's get things straight here. A lot of these service users/client/residents are suffering from dementia. They do not understand most times what they're doing. It is unfair that she video taped her without her consent. If I were the service user child, if sue her, if I were the company she's working for, I'd sue her.

One thing is to abused and another is to still remain there to garner pity instead doing what you ought to do.

1 Like

Re: A Black Caregiver Gets Wicked Treatment From Her White Boss's Mum (Photo, Video) by Regex: 12:37pm On Feb 21, 2022
officialwdhtv:

If u listen carefully, there was a part the caregiver mentioned that she is recording and would show the video to the woman's daughter. She was employed by the old woman's daughter to take care of her and she turned out to be a pain in the a*s

And yeah, i think she definitely has some mental issues or she got "the old people syndrome" that makes them to just get angry at anything lol

She could have called her employer and told her what's going on and that she can't work again.
Re: A Black Caregiver Gets Wicked Treatment From Her White Boss's Mum (Photo, Video) by Nobody: 12:40pm On Feb 21, 2022
khiaa:

I guess some people still believe ignorance is bliss.

You are the ignorant one. I still maintain that I choose to play upon words however I like and Im not here to be schooled by you. So, buzz off!

Take your scandalous self outta here.

1 Like

Re: A Black Caregiver Gets Wicked Treatment From Her White Boss's Mum (Photo, Video) by 8BitGee(m): 12:49pm On Feb 21, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
That old lady is old and sick. It is hilarious in a way watching her tantrums like a child all over again.

Some 30-50 years ago, she would never imagine she will be old and start behaving lije a child all over. She is angry they are treating her like a child in her house because she believes she is old enough to take care of herself cheesy

Funny how we humans age and become a child back when age takes its toll. I remember watching a very successful Nigerian Elderstatesman behave as a child in his old age and it was truly humbling and adorable to see him in that state. He was throwing tantrums when his well matured children reminded him not to use the guest rest room in his house when he left his luxurious ensuite restroom to come use the guest restroom.

I laughed so hard at how he was displaying stubborness in a child like manner insisting it is his house and he owns every toilet and can even move to the rest room to live there permanently grin .

He is gone now but anytime I remember his child like innocence, it is a constant reminder to me that ,after every every, we will all age someday and have the privilege of becoming a child all over again.

I couldn't say it better. Some old people even do worse like wetting or defecating on themselves on purpose because they are depressed or unhappy with their condition. Aggression is one of side effects of dementia.

My African people, not everything is racism, remember the story of "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" by Aesop..?

Update from the Ghanaian lady in the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB_GOuAMOgU
Re: A Black Caregiver Gets Wicked Treatment From Her White Boss's Mum (Photo, Video) by Innobee99(m): 1:04pm On Feb 21, 2022
Mercychen:
That old woman is clearly a racist and I hope she gets punished for her wicked acts.

The black lady should leave there before either of them commits murder. Let her get another job. This one right here is slavery.
To headbutt the old woman just dey hungry me from here

Re: A Black Caregiver Gets Wicked Treatment From Her White Boss's Mum (Photo, Video) by Splitmind: 1:04pm On Feb 21, 2022
Serves her right, next time she won't want to japa
Re: A Black Caregiver Gets Wicked Treatment From Her White Boss's Mum (Photo, Video) by BRATISLAVA: 1:05pm On Feb 21, 2022
Freestainworld:
Taking care of the old is not easy, I have a Grandma who is 108yrs and still looking strong, but the only problem is that she will sleep in all the rooms in the house, when you confront her, she will tell you that her enemies want to kill her the other place she slept last night, and she can quarrel like hell, but we the grandchildren always end up laughing at her behaviour, at a time, she stopped sleeping in our own house, and told us that our neighbours house was safer, infact the whole neighbourhood know knows her, each time they come around, they start laughing, that is old age for you.

Lol.

What's wrong with her sleeping in all the rooms? Please, allow her to. She sounds like a funny person.

I don't think that the old woman in the video is racist the way the title portrays it. She's likely old and suffering mental illness. She actually looks lonely and sad.

1 Like

Re: A Black Caregiver Gets Wicked Treatment From Her White Boss's Mum (Photo, Video) by BRATISLAVA: 1:08pm On Feb 21, 2022
Offpoint1:
grin
Don't know why I find the old woman funny grin

The way she comes close to see what she's doing is funny. She's likely lonely and sad. The original cat fight.

2 Likes

Re: A Black Caregiver Gets Wicked Treatment From Her White Boss's Mum (Photo, Video) by Crusadee: 1:10pm On Feb 21, 2022
What sort of sickness is that? What's the name? The only sickness there is racism.And who says that the world is all about black and white? Go and check the meaning of racism, it's discrimination or treatment of a fellow based on his race, and we have up to 10 race globally! So who's talking about black and white here apart from you?
hosemujica:
You should see she's sick the world is not only in black and white look beyond that.
Re: A Black Caregiver Gets Wicked Treatment From Her White Boss's Mum (Photo, Video) by usagee36: 1:17pm On Feb 21, 2022
Okay this lady has dementia. Not to do with racism. We gat them alot here.
Re: A Black Caregiver Gets Wicked Treatment From Her White Boss's Mum (Photo, Video) by doshiyad1: 1:23pm On Feb 21, 2022
Akinfor4:
People you should treat right

1. Everybody
2. Your maid
3. Your cook
4. Your driver
5. Your spouse and family

This mother to boss has just broken a golden rule
correct!
Re: A Black Caregiver Gets Wicked Treatment From Her White Boss's Mum (Photo, Video) by Nobody: 1:45pm On Feb 21, 2022
Innobee99:
To headbutt the old woman just dey hungry me from here

Lol.. one would just have to overlook because of her age otherwise you'll commit.

She looks funny making all that trouble. So na to ignore. grin.
Re: A Black Caregiver Gets Wicked Treatment From Her White Boss's Mum (Photo, Video) by Oloks(m): 1:48pm On Feb 21, 2022
[quotethor=Mercychen post=110405692]That old woman is clearly a racist and I hope she gets punished for her wicked acts.

The black lady should leave there before either of them commits murder. Let her get another job. This one right here is slavery.[/quote]

Am not sure you fully understand this. The old lady has old age mental issues, not fully ware of her actions. How do u argue with a patient with diminished mental capacity?
Re: A Black Caregiver Gets Wicked Treatment From Her White Boss's Mum (Photo, Video) by 3headedgoattt: 1:51pm On Feb 21, 2022
WoundedLamb:
Lol... poor lady. She had to video herself to save her job.

I wouldn't attribute this to racism though (I didn't watch the whole video). Caregivers go through a lot. Taking care of the elderly is like taking care of babies except that you're less likely to be annoyed by a baby and aged people are more likely to be depressed if spoken to in a certain way. Caregivers are, therefore, expected to find thier patient's soft spot and win them over. It's a job that requires emotions/personality. It's not those kind of jobs where you say "let me just do my stuff and go home". You must be really involved. You laugh when they laugh, play when they want, take sharp objects away from them using tricks, have endless boring chats with them if necessary, apologize for almost everything, etc. The job requires patience and understanding, and they're meant to understand this before starting.

You didn't watch the video...? Wow marvelous
Re: A Black Caregiver Gets Wicked Treatment From Her White Boss's Mum (Photo, Video) by LIONSABRE(m): 2:05pm On Feb 21, 2022
so that means she's a racist abi?
Re: A Black Caregiver Gets Wicked Treatment From Her White Boss's Mum (Photo, Video) by KingDamzzy(m): 2:23pm On Feb 21, 2022
When you japa to the white man's land, whatever you see you take it like that. Dem no force you go, na you carry your property sell because you wan be second class citizen for white man country. White man treat you like poo, you accept am like that.

A lot of white people are closeted racists. They just need a trigger that unleashes it out. Some of them will treat foreigners like they are not even worthy to be spoken to.

Okey Bakassi on radio last week was saying that his neighbours that live opposite his home in Canada have never spoken to him or his family for over 15 years just because they are black.

It is just terrible treatment.
Re: A Black Caregiver Gets Wicked Treatment From Her White Boss's Mum (Photo, Video) by Cityqueengirl(f): 2:33pm On Feb 21, 2022
Too bad
Re: A Black Caregiver Gets Wicked Treatment From Her White Boss's Mum (Photo, Video) by WoundedLamb: 2:57pm On Feb 21, 2022
3headedgoattt:

You didn't watch the video...? Wow marvelous

I didn't watch the whole video.

How is this so marvelous, please?
Re: A Black Caregiver Gets Wicked Treatment From Her White Boss's Mum (Photo, Video) by Ekpoudom: 3:10pm On Feb 21, 2022
BItt:
hey i think different and i am going to say the reason why that woman is pissed wasn't entirely captured in that video.
You provoked her then recorded her actions so that you'll appear to be a saint and the victim.

Bltt, you are a wicked and reckless soul. Seriously you need help.

If the black woman had indeed done something against that white woman, she would most likely have mentioned during the entire video recording.

That black lady recorded that video to save her life and her job. Do idiots like you know what caregivers go through in the western world just to earn a living? They are subjected to so much racism it’s almost unbelievable.

Since you said that black lady is pretending may you always suffer the same fate and have to pretend always.
Re: A Black Caregiver Gets Wicked Treatment From Her White Boss's Mum (Photo, Video) by pretydiva(f): 3:12pm On Feb 21, 2022
Banchotmods:

Your post doesn't make sense.
Its not meant for kids like you to decipher. Now, buzz off
Re: A Black Caregiver Gets Wicked Treatment From Her White Boss's Mum (Photo, Video) by Innobee99(m): 3:15pm On Feb 21, 2022
Mercychen:

Lol.. one would just have to overlook because of her age otherwise you'll commit.

She looks funny making all that trouble. So na to ignore. grin.
I was angry and laughing at the same time while watching the clip.

The old woman is so funny

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Black Caregiver Gets Wicked Treatment From Her White Boss's Mum (Photo, Video) by Kodifashionhub3: 3:17pm On Feb 21, 2022
Old people act like babies
Re: A Black Caregiver Gets Wicked Treatment From Her White Boss's Mum (Photo, Video) by Nobody: 3:21pm On Feb 21, 2022
Innobee99:
I was angry and laughing at the same time while watching the clip.

The old woman is so funny

I'm telling you. grin.
Re: A Black Caregiver Gets Wicked Treatment From Her White Boss's Mum (Photo, Video) by Banchotmods: 3:30pm On Feb 21, 2022
pretydiva:

Its not meant for kids like you to decipher. Now, buzz off

This kid is more manly than any man in your life. Both your bf and your father
Re: A Black Caregiver Gets Wicked Treatment From Her White Boss's Mum (Photo, Video) by caye(m): 3:34pm On Feb 21, 2022
BItt:

Foolish Caucasus mountain person.
What is your business with us?
Re: A Black Caregiver Gets Wicked Treatment From Her White Boss's Mum (Photo, Video) by Double0h7(f): 3:34pm On Feb 21, 2022
Regex:
First of all, she's not supposed to record it. There's what we call service user confidentiality in care. This is where the image be it moving or static of the service user, what they told you their address and basically everything concerning them remains private.

Second of all, the smart thing she would have done was to call the manager and report this incident, and then document it. And ask to leave.

Let's get things straight here. A lot of these service users/client/residents are suffering from dementia. They do not understand most times what they're doing. It is unfair that she video taped her without her consent. If I were the service user child, if sue her, if I were the company she's working for, I'd sue her.

One thing is to abused and another is to still remain there to garner pity instead doing what you ought to do.

There's all sorts of laws broken here... even the way she was dealing with the situation was unprofessional. She was supposed to communicate with the old lady, and try to talk her down, not ignoring her, and allow her to get herself worked up. The recording is a violation though.
Re: A Black Caregiver Gets Wicked Treatment From Her White Boss's Mum (Photo, Video) by Depressed101: 3:44pm On Feb 21, 2022
socialmediaman:
I think the old woman was her patient. She could have mental issues
yes you are correct don't mind this yeye blogger that can't so simple research .. the woman is suffering from azhemier disease ...
Re: A Black Caregiver Gets Wicked Treatment From Her White Boss's Mum (Photo, Video) by Regex: 3:48pm On Feb 21, 2022
Double0h7:

There's all sorts of laws broken here... even the way she was dealing with the situation was unprofessional. She was supposed to communicate with the old lady, and try to talk her down, not ignoring her, and allow her to get herself worked up. The recording is a violation though.

Exactly. The issue here is blacks love to be pitied. When going into that job wasn't she explained the rudiments of that job? I trust the whites to handle this issue. She has broken the safeguarding law of negligence. She should be dealt with accordingly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Tries To Eject Wife From Her Own House For Rejecting To Live With Co-Wife / My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. / Man Celebrates After His Wife Put To Bed (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.