Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,062 members, 7,828,753 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

A Black Caregiver Gets Wicked Treatment From Her White Boss's Mum (Photo, Video) - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Black Caregiver Gets Wicked Treatment From Her White Boss's Mum (Photo, Video) (37322 Views)

Father’s Reaction To His Daughter Choosing A Black Man For Prom / Northern Women Face Divorce, Trauma For Receiving Treatment From Male Doctors / 5-year-old Boy Reveals His Past Life As A Black Woman Who Died 30 years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Black Caregiver Gets Wicked Treatment From Her White Boss's Mum (Photo, Video) by maasoap(m): 3:51pm On Feb 21, 2022
BItt:
[s] hey i think different and i am going to say the reason why that woman is pissed wasn't entirely captured in that video.
You provoked her then recorded her actions so that you'll appear to be a saint and the victim.

i know how it works so i am not gonna fall for the video tricks
[/s]

Trash. Did that old woman you saw looked provoked to you? She looked troublesome rather. And that black woman is 100 times better than you, and I think that's because she's used to that kind of situation in her line of work.
Re: A Black Caregiver Gets Wicked Treatment From Her White Boss's Mum (Photo, Video) by socialmediaman: 3:52pm On Feb 21, 2022
Double0h7:

There's all sorts of laws broken here... even the way she was dealing with the situation was unprofessional. She was supposed to communicate with the old lady, and try to talk her down, not ignoring her, and allow her to get herself worked up. The recording is a violation though.

I think recording laws are different depending on where she lives (country by country or state by state). Some recording laws permit recording if you’re part of the recording which means one party has given consent, some other laws require consent from all parties involved.
Re: A Black Caregiver Gets Wicked Treatment From Her White Boss's Mum (Photo, Video) by kodemann: 4:07pm On Feb 21, 2022
I'm not old so I cannot completely judge.

However I do believe that when one is mentally challenged, inhibition is greatly reduced and the true intentions of the heart come out without any filters. If you were a kind person facing mental illness, your kindness would shine through. The reverse is unfortunately true as well.

Practice kindness from the depths of your heart so that when you are not there, your body knows what to do by default.

I wish them good health.
Re: A Black Caregiver Gets Wicked Treatment From Her White Boss's Mum (Photo, Video) by Double0h7(f): 4:28pm On Feb 21, 2022
socialmediaman:

I think recording laws are different depending on where she lives (country by country or state by state). Some recording laws permit recording if you’re part of the recording which means one party has given consent, some other laws require consent from all parties involved.

I mean recording and then putting it online. Also, don't forget she's a vulnerable person, and that's her carer so I think the laws are different in those circumstances. It's all unprofessional and it looks wrong to me. Unless of course her employer gave the carer permission to put her mother on the internet.

Edited:
According to another video on this thread the original recording was leaked when the carer lost her phone. I guess they do things differently in whatever country this incident happened.

Where I live as a carer there are confidentiality laws in place to avoid this kind of situation. Safeguarding laws that are in place to avoid this kind of drama. You can't record a patient, and keep the recording on your personal device, it would be saved to the company's cloud or storage space. To avoid your phone being accessed and the recording exposed to none official people. This poor old woman has been violated for having her business put online for people to make judgment on her in her condition.
Re: A Black Caregiver Gets Wicked Treatment From Her White Boss's Mum (Photo, Video) by Yankee101: 4:49pm On Feb 21, 2022
Some jobs are not worth it

Clearly a recent immigrant

Akata no go take am
Re: A Black Caregiver Gets Wicked Treatment From Her White Boss's Mum (Photo, Video) by socialmediaman: 5:06pm On Feb 21, 2022
Double0h7:

I mean recording and then putting it online. Also, don't forget she's a vulnerable person, and that's her carer so I think the laws are different in those circumstances. It's all unprofessional and it looks wrong to me. Unless of course her employer gave the carer permission to put her mother on the internet.

Edited:
According to another video on this thread the original recording was leaked when the carer lost her phone. I guess they do things differently in whatever country this incident happened.

Where I live as a carer there are confidentiality laws in place to avoid this kind of situation. Safeguarding laws that are in place to avoid this kind of drama. You can't record a patient, and keep the recording on your personal device, it would be saved to the company's cloud or storage space. To avoid your phone being accessed and the recording exposed to none official people. This poor old woman has been violated for having her business put online for people to make judgment on her in her condition.

Sure I get your point, and the leak sounds plausible for why it’s on the internet. I doubt she’ll even put the recording online herself, to protect her own privacy as well

1 Like

Re: A Black Caregiver Gets Wicked Treatment From Her White Boss's Mum (Photo, Video) by kelmicheal: 5:32pm On Feb 21, 2022
Washing plates with hand gloves cmon it's unprofessional
Re: A Black Caregiver Gets Wicked Treatment From Her White Boss's Mum (Photo, Video) by Iphone5: 7:04pm On Feb 21, 2022
officialwdhtv:

No...its a very new and recent video

It's an old video

1 Like

Re: A Black Caregiver Gets Wicked Treatment From Her White Boss's Mum (Photo, Video) by khiaa(f): 9:18pm On Feb 21, 2022
Mercychen:

You are the ignorant one. I still maintain that I choose to play upon words however I like and Im not here to be schooled by you. So, buzz off!

Take your scandalous self outta here.

You are the ignorant one who's too stubborn to learn the definition of the word.

SLAVE... A person who is OWNED by another and is FORCED to work for them and OBEY them.

SLAVERY.... A condition where a person is OWNED by another.

No need for thanks, I love to educate the ignorant. grin

1 Like

Re: A Black Caregiver Gets Wicked Treatment From Her White Boss's Mum (Photo, Video) by eyinjuege: 9:39pm On Feb 21, 2022
She's a dementia patient. Sadly, in severe cases they often don't know what they're doing and behave raving mad
Re: A Black Caregiver Gets Wicked Treatment From Her White Boss's Mum (Photo, Video) by Le2money(m): 10:08pm On Feb 21, 2022
If this happen in UK especially Scotland and the lady is legal, I swear that's the beginning of the lady getting rich ..... Scotland Govt doesn't condone this nonsense....the woman is a racist

officialwdhtv:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-icslYp9y6s

A black lady caregiver gets a very unfair and wicked treatment from her white boss's mother.

I mean, what was she suppose to do in this situation? Terrible and troublesome old woman o

Picks a knife. Insults the caregiver. Tosses the caregiver vegetables away. Smh watch until the end

Re: A Black Caregiver Gets Wicked Treatment From Her White Boss's Mum (Photo, Video) by Snakedoctor1: 11:26pm On Feb 21, 2022
officialwdhtv:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-icslYp9y6s

A black lady caregiver gets a very unfair and wicked treatment from her white boss's mother.

I mean, what was she suppose to do in this situation? Terrible and troublesome old woman o

Picks a knife. Insults the caregiver. Tosses the caregiver vegetables away. Smh watch until the end

On the version of the video posted on the Instagram 3 days ago, the caregiver got back at the old woman when she could bear it no more, shutting her up immdietely. Nairaland is lately getting these stuffs stale and incomplete.
Re: A Black Caregiver Gets Wicked Treatment From Her White Boss's Mum (Photo, Video) by Spandau: 3:28am On Feb 22, 2022
officialwdhtv:

If u listen carefully, there was a part the caregiver mentioned that she is recording and would show the video to the woman's daughter. She was employed by the old woman's daughter to take care of her and she turned out to be a pain in the a*s

And yeah, i think she definitely has some mental issues or she got "the old people syndrome" that makes them to just get angry at anything lol

It's because the old woman's daughter has the Power of Attorney. She signs off on everything pertaining to her ancient mother probably suffering from dementia. The caregiver is not the daughter's employee.
Re: A Black Caregiver Gets Wicked Treatment From Her White Boss's Mum (Photo, Video) by yemmybx(m): 9:07am On Feb 22, 2022
WoundedLamb:
Lol... poor lady. She had to video herself to save her job.

I wouldn't attribute this to racism though (I didn't watch the whole video). Caregivers go through a lot. Taking care of the elderly is like taking care of babies except that you're less likely to be annoyed by a baby and aged people are more likely to be depressed if spoken to in a certain way. Caregivers are, therefore, expected to find thier patient's soft spot and win them over. It's a job that requires emotions/personality. It's not those kind of jobs where you say "let me just do my stuff and go home". You must be really involved. You laugh when they laugh, play when they want, take sharp objects away from them using tricks, have endless boring chats with them if necessary, apologize for almost everything, etc. The job requires patience and understanding, and they're meant to understand this before starting.
You're an experienced person. I guess you're an educator, someone in medical line or social worker. Well done

1 Like

Re: A Black Caregiver Gets Wicked Treatment From Her White Boss's Mum (Photo, Video) by MufasaLion: 6:07pm On Feb 25, 2022
khiaa:

You are the ignorant one who's too stubborn to learn the definition of the word.

SLAVE... A person who is OWNED by another and is FORCED to work for them and OBEY them.

SLAVERY.... A condition where a person is OWNED by another.

No need for thanks, I love to educate the ignorant. grin

You just schooled a self-acclaimed teacher.

grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lady Blasted For Teaching Nigerian Women How To Lock Cheating Husbands In Bottle / Man Tries To Eject Wife From Her Own House For Rejecting To Live With Co-Wife / My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.