Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,480 members, 7,830,416 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

When Was The Last Time You Gave Alms To The Needy? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Was The Last Time You Gave Alms To The Needy? (5956 Views)

Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. / Giving Your Tithe To The Church Or To The Needy: What The Bible Really Says / Give To The Poor And Help The Needy. It May Be Your Only Saving Grace-Photos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Was The Last Time You Gave Alms To The Needy? by SUXXI(m): 4:40pm On Feb 27, 2022
I gave to a physically challenged man in my street. My pregnant wife had emergency and I was out late in the night and I saw the physically challenged man stand up and enter a brothel to carry prostitues.That was the last time as there are lots of scammers out there not really in need but using it to rip hard working people of their cash
Re: When Was The Last Time You Gave Alms To The Needy? by Aaaoo: 4:43pm On Feb 27, 2022
Long
Re: When Was The Last Time You Gave Alms To The Needy? by MrNipplesLover(m): 5:32pm On Feb 27, 2022
Thank you, Holy Father. cheesy

❤❤❤❤
Re: When Was The Last Time You Gave Alms To The Needy? by Janosky: 9:51pm On Feb 27, 2022
Datboredberri:
When last did you give alms to the needy in your community?

1. Not to be appreciated or rewarded but moved to do so out of compassion...

2. When you had little but still chose to make the sacrifice...

3. In private... Not for clout...

Matthew chapter 6 verses 1 to 4, why should I announce it on this thread?

Whatever I give is between me & God.
Matthew 6:1-4, alms giving is not for public consumption.

Matthew 6
New International Version
Giving to the Needy
6 “Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them.(A) If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

2 “So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.(B)
Re: When Was The Last Time You Gave Alms To The Needy? by 1835f: 7:10am On Feb 28, 2022
[s]
helinues:

That should be a responsible whenever someone have the opportunity..
[/s]
Re: When Was The Last Time You Gave Alms To The Needy? by Kisico: 11:56am On Feb 28, 2022
I was at an Atm last week to withdraw, I saw an elderly man standing around there holding an Atm card, few minutes later he put up a call telling the person how he got disappointed coming all the way from his house to withdraw a thousand naira that could not dispense, he then went ahead to ask the person if he could put in any amount no matter how little so he could at least transport himself back to his house, but he got disappointed again because I heard him say "so Ifeanyi you mean you can't transfer even 1thousand for me to transport back to my house".
Then it got to my turn to withdraw, so while I was at it I heard him explaining to a lady behind me what happened to him and he needs just 1000# to go back and get some medication that he is sick and so can't trek back to his house. The lady told him that it's actually not her money that she came to withdraw but her husband's. So, I got through with the withdrawal and was so moved with compassion that even though the money I withdrew was not even enough for what it is meant for, I brought out 1000# and gave him and left.

1 Like

Re: When Was The Last Time You Gave Alms To The Needy? by adeoyekay(m): 12:09pm On Feb 28, 2022
Kisico:
I was at an Atm last week to withdraw, I saw an elderly man standing around there holding an Atm card, few minutes later he put up a call telling the person how he got disappointed coming all the way from his house to withdraw a thousand naira that could not dispense, he then went ahead to ask the person if he could put in any amount no matter how little so he could at least transport himself back to his house, but he got disappointed again because I had him say "so ifeanyi you mean you can't put in even 1thousand for me to transport back to my house".
Then it got to my turn to withdraw, so while I was at it I heard him explaining to a lady behind me what happened to him and he needs just 1000# to go back and get some medication that he is sick and so can't trek back to his house. The lady told him that it's actually not her money that she came to withdraw but her husband's. So, I got through with the withdrawal and was so moved with compassion that even though the money I withdrew was not even enough for what it is meant for, I brought out 1000# and gave him and left.
The Lord will pay you back in thousandfold.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Gave Alms To The Needy? by Kisico: 12:36pm On Feb 28, 2022
adeoyekay:
The Lord will pay you back in thousandfold.
Amen! Thanks
Re: When Was The Last Time You Gave Alms To The Needy? by juman(m): 6:10am On Mar 03, 2022
juman:
Apart from giving alms to people, be committed to at least one of the united nation humanitarian agencies.
You can give them one thousand naira monthly. Or more or less.

UNHCR
UNICEF
WFP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Checkout These 15 Hilarious Bible Memes / "God Cannot Be Tempted. Jesus Was Tempted. Therefore, Jesus Cannot Be God". How? / The Mormon Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.