Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,525 members, 7,837,007 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

FEC Approves ₦56 Billion For Completion Of Abaji-Koton Karfe Road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FEC Approves ₦56 Billion For Completion Of Abaji-Koton Karfe Road (6123 Views)

Dino Melaye Campaigns In Koton Karfe, Kogi LGA (Drone Shots) / Gov. Ugwuanyi Presents N169.56 Billion 2020 Budget Proposal / VP Osinbajo Visits Koton Karfe, Kogi, Inspects Area Affected By Recent Flood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FEC Approves ₦56 Billion For Completion Of Abaji-Koton Karfe Road by TheRareGem1(f): 6:31am On Feb 24, 2022
The federal executive council (FEC) says it has approved N56.17 billion for the completion of the Abaji to Koton Karfe road on the Abuja-Lokoja highway.

Babatunde Fashola, minister of works and housing, said this at the end of the FEC meeting presided by President Muhammadu Buhari at the statehouse on Wednesday.

Fashola said his ministry had approval for the termination and re-award of the 49 kilometres section of Abaji to Koton Karfe road to Messers Galt for N56.175 billion.

He said the council also approved the revision of the contract of the Afo-Apoto-Oyo boundary road in Kwara by N251,530,000, which revised the contract sum from N3,060,000,000 to N3,311,000,000.

According to him, the revision will enable the contractor to make provision for drainages, replace unsuitable material as well as accommodate some price variation.

Fashola appealed to commuters experiencing traffic gridlock on the Abuja-Keffi expressway to bear with the federal government, noting that the ongoing expansion would ease movement.

He added that over 20,000 vehicles ply the road daily, making it impossible to shut down for swift implementation.

“On Abuja-Keffi road, the reason we’re there in the very first place to build the route is that it has become insufficient to manage the large traffic of commuters. And we understand the inconvenience that commuters feel trying to use that road,” Fashola said.

“We appeal to them to bear with us. It’s a challenge for us, I think, almost about 15,000 to 20,000 vehicles, if not more, use that corridor now almost daily.

“We wish we shut it down so that we can have uninterrupted construction but unfortunately, that’s not possible. So, why do we manage traffic, people have to drive through a construction site we’re building.

“So, please bear with us. We’ll do the best we can to minimize the inconvenience. When the road is finished, be sure that the current inconvenience would have been well worth the wait and the experience.”
https://www.thecable.ng/fec-approves-n56bn-for-completion-of-abaji-koton-karfe-road/amp

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves ₦56 Billion For Completion Of Abaji-Koton Karfe Road by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:56am On Feb 24, 2022
So, please bear with us. We’ll do the best we can to minimize the inconvenience. When the road is finished, be sure that the current inconvenience would have been well worth the wait and the experience.”
This is one of the way to move a Nation Forward.
God bless our Darling Daddy President Muhammadu Buhari and our amiable Vice president Prof Yemi Osinbajo for all they are doing to make this once battered and looted nation work again .

GOD bless all sane, good, honest and hardworking Nigerians.

Nigeria will be great in our lifetime.

God bless Nigeria.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FEC Approves ₦56 Billion For Completion Of Abaji-Koton Karfe Road by saintnegroid(m): 6:56am On Feb 24, 2022
Re: FEC Approves ₦56 Billion For Completion Of Abaji-Koton Karfe Road by saintnegroid(m): 6:57am On Feb 24, 2022
post=110494806:
Reading
guy why nah
Re: FEC Approves ₦56 Billion For Completion Of Abaji-Koton Karfe Road by tillaman(m): 6:57am On Feb 24, 2022
These people just dey call figure anyhow but Fashola dey try sha, he is discharging his duties back to back
Sherlock Holmes my G, wey that camera you see for lekki tollgate Na you no gree tell us the content

4 Likes

Re: FEC Approves ₦56 Billion For Completion Of Abaji-Koton Karfe Road by Godjone(m): 6:57am On Feb 24, 2022
They will start it And half way it will be abandoned and the money shared among Buhari and his looting gang. God go punish una

5 Likes

Re: FEC Approves ₦56 Billion For Completion Of Abaji-Koton Karfe Road by ILoveDemMANNA: 6:57am On Feb 24, 2022
Way to Go.

saintnegroid:
guy why nah
Dem MANNA collect ur biscuit

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FEC Approves ₦56 Billion For Completion Of Abaji-Koton Karfe Road by Dankovich1: 6:57am On Feb 24, 2022
56 Billion wetin

Is the road such in a state of HELL that they wanna build it to lead to HEAVEN

3 Likes

Re: FEC Approves ₦56 Billion For Completion Of Abaji-Koton Karfe Road by Lemmy123(m): 6:58am On Feb 24, 2022
Eweeeeeey!

FG dey try these days mehn... No be lie

By the way, I'm available for your writing and design jobs, see my signature below, thanks
Re: FEC Approves ₦56 Billion For Completion Of Abaji-Koton Karfe Road by juman(m): 6:58am On Feb 24, 2022
Buhari should give fashola ten billion dollars to complete many on going projects.
Re: FEC Approves ₦56 Billion For Completion Of Abaji-Koton Karfe Road by saintkel(m): 6:58am On Feb 24, 2022
Na just babatunde and Amaechi de work for dis adminstration for me....d others r just there to stay

2 Likes

Re: FEC Approves ₦56 Billion For Completion Of Abaji-Koton Karfe Road by Awoofmoney(f): 6:59am On Feb 24, 2022
F
Re: FEC Approves ₦56 Billion For Completion Of Abaji-Koton Karfe Road by juman(m): 7:01am On Feb 24, 2022
My mind goes to our own roads in kwara.
What of ilorin - offa road that leads to osun state.
I dont know the current state of the road.
Re: FEC Approves ₦56 Billion For Completion Of Abaji-Koton Karfe Road by lasheun: 7:04am On Feb 24, 2022
Just like Lagos Ibadan express way.
Cash cow has landed as usual shocked
Re: FEC Approves ₦56 Billion For Completion Of Abaji-Koton Karfe Road by MrAnele(m): 7:05am On Feb 24, 2022
money wey go catch fire
Re: FEC Approves ₦56 Billion For Completion Of Abaji-Koton Karfe Road by symbianDON(m): 7:05am On Feb 24, 2022
Obasanjo started that road, Jonathan continued it, Buhari inherited it....na wa for this country o....one would wonder if it is the highway to Mars, that's why it's taking nearly a century to complete....a road of how many kilometres??

2 Likes

Re: FEC Approves ₦56 Billion For Completion Of Abaji-Koton Karfe Road by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:06am On Feb 24, 2022
Walahi Buhari try for road construction
Re: FEC Approves ₦56 Billion For Completion Of Abaji-Koton Karfe Road by saintnegroid(m): 7:06am On Feb 24, 2022
ILoveDemMANNA:
Way to Go.

Dem MANNA collect ur biscuit
yes daddy
Re: FEC Approves ₦56 Billion For Completion Of Abaji-Koton Karfe Road by unitysheart(m): 7:09am On Feb 24, 2022
juman:
My mind goes to our own roads in kwara.
What of ilorin - offa road that leads to osun state.
I dont know the current state of the road.

Well, I passed there on my way to Offa last year. Still in the same state.
Re: FEC Approves ₦56 Billion For Completion Of Abaji-Koton Karfe Road by gender123: 7:09am On Feb 24, 2022
grin

Re: FEC Approves ₦56 Billion For Completion Of Abaji-Koton Karfe Road by Vifx: 7:11am On Feb 24, 2022
All politicians will burn in hell
Re: FEC Approves ₦56 Billion For Completion Of Abaji-Koton Karfe Road by ruggedtimi(m): 7:19am On Feb 24, 2022
56billion....na wa
Re: FEC Approves ₦56 Billion For Completion Of Abaji-Koton Karfe Road by nairaman66(m): 7:34am On Feb 24, 2022
Without curbing the incessant security lapses that causes loss of lives and properties, what is development?

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves ₦56 Billion For Completion Of Abaji-Koton Karfe Road by Ajibel(m): 7:36am On Feb 24, 2022
juman:
Buhari should give fashola ten billion dollars to complete many on going projects.

All Fashola needs is funds and he'll complete almost all the Federal roads in Nigeria.
Re: FEC Approves ₦56 Billion For Completion Of Abaji-Koton Karfe Road by TroubleMaker47(m): 7:46am On Feb 24, 2022
56billion for a 49km road is just absurd!
Nigeria is funished! I hate it here!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mega Mansion And Estate Video:Emefiele Mansion Vs Oshiomhole Mansion / Rivers Governor Introduces Fuel Subsidy, Cuts Price From N141 To N137 / Diezanni Is Facing The House Of Reps On Ait Now.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.