Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,788 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:56 PM

River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors (22510 Views)

VOP: All 6 Governors Deny Hand In New Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by Uche2005: 12:35am On Jun 28, 2011
River state should be part of the South East, since most people are igbo, Chubuike Amaechi, Governor of Rivers State
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by Nobody: 2:19am On Jun 28, 2011
Ok take Rivers state and go, are u happy, nobody will drag it with you!
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by Musiwa42: 3:59am On Jun 28, 2011
like chief Jegede Sokoya will says, this want no be Igbo for your face. You blind. open your eyes.
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by ezeagu(m): 4:05am On Jun 28, 2011
Just 3/5 or 2/4 of it (from the north). Not even like that's the most Igbo speakers are in that state.
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by bashr4: 4:09am On Jun 28, 2011
No it should not, we igbos should continue to get double portion from the 2 regions od se and ss after all the hausafulanis are also enjoying double portion from ne and nw

1 Like

Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by EzeUche1(m): 4:10am On Jun 28, 2011
Just put me in charge, and I would make sure the Igbos are not cheated in the land quest.

Igboland is too small for us, and we need living space.
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by bashr4: 4:45am On Jun 28, 2011
Who told you igbo land is small? Dnt let that nigerian map deceive you. One state can contain us all after all small lagos is housing up to 19 million people

12 Likes

Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by Musiwa42: 5:09am On Jun 28, 2011
that truth, Lagos is 3000 sq km with million of people. So igboland with 29k, will 150 ,000,000. you make sense

1 Like

Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by ezeagu(m): 5:13am On Jun 28, 2011
Igboland is 40,000+ square kilometres.

2 Likes

Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by ChinenyeN(m): 5:27am On Jun 28, 2011
No. Rivers state should not be part of the SE.

1 Like

Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by ezeagu(m): 5:33am On Jun 28, 2011
Why (well at least the Igbo part)?
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by ChinenyeN(m): 6:04am On Jun 28, 2011
ezeagu:

Why (well at least the Igbo part)?
Mainly because of the Ikwerre. I don't trust them, and I don't want them as part of the SE, but that's just me. Aside from that, they seem fine with their designation as SS, and they seem to be getting along just fine with the Ijo.

1 Like

Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by Calculia: 6:21am On Jun 28, 2011
No River State should remain in the south south region. There are other opportunity to create an additional state in the south east region with out river state. Definantely, we need at least two more south east states cut out from the North Central. Delta and Rivers should be left for now.

1 Like

Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by Chyz3: 6:24am On Jun 28, 2011
Calculia:

No River State should remain in the south south region. There are other opportunity to create an additional state in the south east region with out river state. Definantely, we need at least two more south east states cut out from the North Central. Delta and Rivers should be left for now.

North Central?? wtf!
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by Calculia: 7:24am On Jun 28, 2011
Chyz.:

North Central?? wtf!

There are other interest we have to consider for the moment (short run). In the long run naturally States like Rivers and Delta will be brought into the fold but for now lets go after other interest in the North central. i.e Benue.  There are Igbo speaking parts that need to be brought into the fold urgently. Cross Rivers also have Igbo speaking parts and am sure the Efik could do with an additional state.

1 Like

Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by Musiwa42: 7:25am On Jun 28, 2011
but they are igbo people. so to be fair to other nigerian, they should be in the south east.
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by Calculia: 7:27am On Jun 28, 2011
Musiwa,.:

but they are igbo people. so to be fair to other nigerian, they should be in the south east.

Musiwa, so now dey are Igbo! I dey laugh ooooooooo! No they are not and will remain in the south south. grin
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by ezeagu(m): 8:25am On Jun 28, 2011
Calculia:

There are Igbo speaking parts that need to be brought into the fold urgently. Cross Rivers also have Igbo speaking parts and am sure the Efik could do with an additional state.

Does place are just not big enough to be given a state, unless you mean added to Enugu and Ebonyi and maybe Anambra?
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by siokpe: 3:08pm On Jun 28, 2011
Calculia, u mean there a Igbos in NC? Can you name any village in Benue that is of Igbo ancestry? Igbo should concentrate on their pple alone and leave the tribes of Kwararafa alone . Unless U mean to say that all Igbo carrying out their legimate business in Benue makes Benue become Igboland. This agenda of expansion of Igbo frontiers will surely be counterproductive for the Igbos

1 Like

Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by ak47mann(m): 3:47pm On Jun 28, 2011
Ijaw people can they live with igbo s? why am asking i just spoke to my cousin in onitsha he was telling me about one technical school in onitsha were government send ijaw boys to learn/train them and on top of that they get over 150.000k a month allowance, that one young ijaw boy blows his allowance in less than two weeks and he will go back to demand for next month pay, when the accounting department refused to give him what he demanded for, there will be problem, the boy started shouting at them causing trouble they ended up giving him his allowance, he said that people are scared of them am now thinking is not a good idea for us to join rivers state sad sad sad

mean while minimum wage for common man NA 18k a month and some state is complaining already that they cant afford it,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by Bensonite: 4:49pm On Jun 28, 2011
Rivers State is not an igbo state as been speculated here. SE be contented with what you have or ask for more through NASS. You did not play any role in the creation of Rivers State in 1967

1 Like

Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by Ibime(m): 5:06pm On Jun 28, 2011
As long as "South-East" is a mere geographical expression and is not meant to imply "Igbo", then Rivers State can be part of South East, North Central, North West or phuckever.
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by ChinenyeN(m): 5:07pm On Jun 28, 2011
Ibime, do you believe that SE implies 'Igbo'?
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by ChinenyeN(m): 5:09pm On Jun 28, 2011
Bensonite, are you equating SE with 'Igbo'?
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by Ibime(m): 5:10pm On Jun 28, 2011
^^The OP's statement "River state should be part of the South East, since most people are igbo" implies that South East is a tribal expression not a geographical one.

If we are speaking strictly geographically, then Igbos should be happy to have representation in the South-South.

1 Like

Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by Afam4eva(m): 5:14pm On Jun 28, 2011
It's better we stop deceiving ourselves. Even though south-east is a geographic expression. In reality it was intentionally created to put the major tribes in a different zone. They saw that it was not possible that's where they came up with the divide and rule syndrome. That's why you see some Igbo groups outside the south-east disclaiming their Igboness.

2 Likes

Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by ChinenyeN(m): 5:18pm On Jun 28, 2011
Who is Uche2005, anyway? Is that not Alj_Harem? What I have always known (or thought at least) was that SE was a geographical expression. SE being a tribal/ethnic expression makes no sense to me, since non-Igbo groups also constitute the region. I guess all that's changed now, seeing as to how people so quickly connect SE with being 'Igbo'.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by Calculia: 5:56pm On Jun 28, 2011
siokpe:

Calculia, u mean there a Igbos in NC? Can you name any village in Benue that is of Igbo ancestry? Igbo should concentrate on their pple alone and leave the tribes of Kwararafa alone . Unless U mean to say that all Igbo carrying out their legimate business in Benue makes Benue become Igboland. This agenda of expansion of Igbo frontiers will surely be counterproductive for the Igbos

Kwararafa is not a tribe but a derogatory term the Hausa Muslim foes gave for a number of pagan peoples to their south. Yes parts of Benue are Igbo descendant and do speak Igbo, we are giving them their own state and bring them into the south east fold.

1 Like

Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by Obiagu1(m): 7:14pm On Jun 28, 2011
Calculia:

There are other interest we have to consider for the moment (short run). In the long run naturally States like Rivers and Delta will be brought into the fold but for now lets go after other interest in the North central. i.e Benue.  There are Igbo speaking parts that need to be brought into the fold urgently. Cross Rivers also have Igbo speaking parts and am sure the Efik could do with an additional state.

They are not large enough to become a state. It's like creating an Igbo state out of C/River. They could only be carved out and added to the nearest SE states.

Ibime:

^^The OP's statement "River state should be part of the South East, since most people are igbo" implies that South East is a tribal expression not a geographical one.

If we are speaking strictly geographically, then Igbos should be happy to have representation in the South-South.

I think I have to agree with this. If the Igbo lose their representation in the SS, then the SS will be gone from us and that means the remaining SS could go with any other region politically or otherwise, whereas with a large Igbo population (the largest group in  the SS), SS and SE will remain to an extent inseparable.

If an additional state in needed in the SE, create it out from the SE. All we need to do is to remain culturally and ethnically tied with other Igbo groups outside the SE.

On another note, the constant Igbo denial by a few outside the SE will make creating Igbo States out of SS and adding them to the SE an interesting option because that will definitely end all the argument of "who are you?".
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by ezeagu(m): 7:16pm On Jun 28, 2011
The most important state now is obviously Anioma, but does Anioma stay in the South or the South East?
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by ChinenyeN(m): 7:17pm On Jun 28, 2011
So I guess SE does have an ethnic connotation after all.
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by AndreUweh(m): 7:35pm On Jun 28, 2011
@The thread starter, Rivers state is not entirely Igbo. About half of the population are not Igbo. Though Ndigbo are agitating for more states but the Igbo in Rivers are not really keen to have one. Some Igbo groups in Rivers state such as The Ndokis, Omumas, Obigbos should join their kins in the proposed Aba or Enyimba state. The Egbema in Rivers state should also join their kins in Egbema, Imo state.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ojukwu’s Secret Daughter Lives In Kaduna⁠ / Dapo Abiodun: I May End Up In Pulpit After 8 Years As Governor / Jonathan Didn’t Treat The Igbo Well – Ekwueme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.