Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

Buhari Opts Out Of Council Of State's Meeting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Opts Out Of Council Of State's Meeting (3703 Views)

Obasanjo Appointed Co-chair Of Council Of World Ex-presidents / Breaking : Buhari Opts Out Of Apc's 1 Million Man March / Lamido Teases Amaechi At Council Of State Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Opts Out Of Council Of State's Meeting by btyfulmnd(m): 2:19pm On Jun 28, 2011
The presidential flagbearer of CPC said he is opting out of the Council of state's meeting until the hearing of the party's petition against PDP is finalised. His statement calls to question his patriotism to his "Beloved Country", this also shows that he is a soar loser and he is not interested in the wellbeing of Nigeria rather for his own selfish interest. You have filed your petition, i don't think there is anything wrong in attending the meeting and contributing while the court performs its functions. Moreover, he is still being paid as a one time Head of state; i thought he was a patriot but this recent attitude of his beats me.
Re: Buhari Opts Out Of Council Of State's Meeting by AbuMaryam1(m): 2:40pm On Jun 28, 2011
mts, Why he shouldn't opt to be out of the country until bla bla bla bla, haba nijar no de far, no be border u go cross, grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari Opts Out Of Council Of State's Meeting by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jun 28, 2011
He should opt out foerever, after all he was never truelly the Head of State: he stole the tittel with AK-47.
Re: Buhari Opts Out Of Council Of State's Meeting by LFJ: 2:56pm On Jun 28, 2011
btyfulmnd:

The presidential flagbearer of CPC said he is opting out of the Council of state's meeting until the hearing of the party's petition against PDP is finalised. His statement calls to question his patriotism to his "Beloved Country", this also shows that he is a soar loser and he is not interested in the wellbeing of Nigeria rather for his own selfish interest. You have filed your petition, i don't think there is anything wrong in attending the meeting and contributing while the court performs its functions. Moreover, he is still being paid as a one time Head of state; i thought he was a patriot but this recent attitude of his beats me.

The best decision a reasonable and patriotic citizen of a country can take to avoid conflict of interest. If he believe and convinced that the election that brought Jonathan is not credible, why do you want him to be sitting with enemies especially when the case is still in court?

Please, let this man be, he knows what is best for him and his followers. I don’t see where his decisions constitute a threat to our national security, or disturb the government in anyway. Of what value is even the council of state in Nigeria if not I recognize you today so that somebody will recognize me tomorrow and we can continue to cover all our dirty together?
Re: Buhari Opts Out Of Council Of State's Meeting by KnowAll(m): 3:04pm On Jun 28, 2011
A good time and opportunity to proscribe an illegal and unelected gathering. It is better to disband it for good.
Re: Buhari Opts Out Of Council Of State's Meeting by hercules07: 6:33pm On Jun 28, 2011
This shows that he is a man of principle, this move should be applauded, if he decides to come back later, I am sure he will be welcomed, SAI BUHARI.
Re: Buhari Opts Out Of Council Of State's Meeting by Eziachi: 7:39pm On Jun 28, 2011
noblezone:

He should opt out foerever, after all he was never truelly the Head of State: he stole the tittel with AK-47.
And the likes of IBB and Abdulsalam sitting there stole it with a less handful AK-46?
Re: Buhari Opts Out Of Council Of State's Meeting by ahidjo: 7:40pm On Jun 28, 2011
[size=14pt]The only honorable and disciplined man in the whole of Nigeria[/size]
Re: Buhari Opts Out Of Council Of State's Meeting by md4real(m): 7:53pm On Jun 28, 2011
a leader we never had. time shall tell of your essence and good will for the masses.
Re: Buhari Opts Out Of Council Of State's Meeting by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jun 28, 2011
Thank you Buhari for doing for us what we failed to do.

Why are Coup plotters who usurped the existing constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria at the time still being invited to council of state?

I think it is time to review whether we need such a ridiculous institution in the first place, and who should be in them if we have to have one
Re: Buhari Opts Out Of Council Of State's Meeting by say4gunit(m): 12:08am On Jun 29, 2011
Buhari is really “a man of integrity“
Re: Buhari Opts Out Of Council Of State's Meeting by shawonlese: 1:12am On Jun 29, 2011
Has he not been attending since OBJ, Yar Adua?
Re: Buhari Opts Out Of Council Of State's Meeting by dasa: 1:30am On Jun 29, 2011
A man of integrity that knew he could influence the people that carried out the post election violence to stop by simply telling them to, yet refused to do so until several lives were lost.

Buhari is a wicked and selfish man. he can never see the interest of Nigeria above his own.

He has not attended in the past 12yrs. he should just stay off completely.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Opts Out Of Council Of State's Meeting by MeGaStReEt: 1:56am On Jun 29, 2011
bad rubbish to good riddance
Re: Buhari Opts Out Of Council Of State's Meeting by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:00am On Jun 29, 2011
say4gunit:

Buhari is really “a man of integrity“

^^^ Yeah right!! He's still sulking and 'throwing his toys out the pram', after being thoroughly and comprehensivley out-rigged. I bet he just can't stomach sitting there and looking at the Presidents smug presidential face.
Re: Buhari Opts Out Of Council Of State's Meeting by Osama10(m): 4:41am On Jun 29, 2011
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^ Yeah right!! He's still sulking and 'throwing his toys out the pram', after being thoroughly and comprehensivley out-rigged. I bet he just can't stomach sitting there and looking at the Presidents smug presidential face.

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Buhari Opts Out Of Council Of State's Meeting by fxtopedia(m): 7:04am On Jun 29, 2011
btyfulmnd:

Think before posting friend!
Re: Buhari Opts Out Of Council Of State's Meeting by rasputinn(m): 7:25am On Jun 29, 2011
noblezone:

^^ +1
Re: Buhari Opts Out Of Council Of State's Meeting by rasputinn(m): 7:25am On Jun 29, 2011
Good riddance to bad rubbish

BTW isn't it high time we scrapped this council of state
Re: Buhari Opts Out Of Council Of State's Meeting by Demdem(m): 7:46am On Jun 29, 2011
Good move Buhari.

I for one wont attend such a gathering headed by a dumb, confused and inefficient leader that has no vision.
By the way, what good has this council brought to the average man on the street and yet all participants will be paid millions at the end of each meeting. Abegiii, this is simply another waste that needs to be scrapped. angry angry angry
Re: Buhari Opts Out Of Council Of State's Meeting by Nobody: 7:48am On Jun 29, 2011
Is he going to refund all the money paid to him since he doesn't want anything to do with jonathan's wuruwuru gofment ?
Re: Buhari Opts Out Of Council Of State's Meeting by Nobody: 8:24am On Jun 29, 2011
Eziachi:

And the likes of IBB and Abdulsalam sitting there stole it with a less handful AK-46?

If IBB or Abdulsalam will also opt out, they will get my ovasion. As far as I am concern the military caused us more problems than Boko Haram.
Re: Buhari Opts Out Of Council Of State's Meeting by Nobody: 8:27am On Jun 29, 2011
he probably has a meeting of council of boko haram and would be suicide bombers to attend.

forking mallam

1 Like

Re: Buhari Opts Out Of Council Of State's Meeting by Nobody: 8:33am On Jun 29, 2011
ahidjo:

[size=14pt]The only honorable and disciplined man in the whole of Nigeria[/size]

what about your dad? grin
Re: Buhari Opts Out Of Council Of State's Meeting by Nobody: 8:34am On Jun 29, 2011
rafhell:

he probably has a meeting of council of boko haram and would be suicide bombers to attend.

forking mallam
ROFLMAO
Re: Buhari Opts Out Of Council Of State's Meeting by Nobody: 8:36am On Jun 29, 2011
woodcook:

what about your dad? grin
maybe buhari is his father !
Re: Buhari Opts Out Of Council Of State's Meeting by Jakumo(m): 8:50am On Jun 29, 2011
Former military tyrant Ayatollah Buhari is a bloodthirsty, murderous sociopath who MUST be listed among those subject to arrest and deportation into protective custody for trial at the International Court of Justice in The Hague.  This on account of Buhari's post-election loss exhortation of jobless northern Nigerian youths to commit genocide, and in judicial retribution for Buhari's covert involvement in the rash of suicide bombings currently turning the desert town of Maiduguri into a bomb-ravaged Taliban terror enclave.

Fugitives from justice such as Ayatollah Buhari MUST be kept at arm's length by all current and future Nigerian administrations, so as to prevent the nation's already shaky reputation from being further sullied by association with the Buhari terrorism plague that is now sweeping northern Nigeria.   The international community, if reluctant to waste precious funds securing Buhari for criminal trial, should consider the cheaper option of GPS tracking the Ayatollah, with a view to handing off liquidation duties to dedicated Predator drones currently aloft, but subject to observation mode limitations.

The very notion of inviting a criminal fugitive such as Ayatollah Buhari,  to ANY gathering of civilized human beings, is both utterly preposterous and patently unjust.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Opts Out Of Council Of State's Meeting by kunlej2: 9:12am On Jun 29, 2011
forget buhari, he only did that to get the attention of the press.
he should Bleep off and never return.
he is an attention seeker, he may start crying again, pathetic
Re: Buhari Opts Out Of Council Of State's Meeting by baslone: 10:25am On Jun 29, 2011
before dem talk say na him bring dat juju come Aso Rocks!

He is already the reason for GEJ's failure so far!
Re: Buhari Opts Out Of Council Of State's Meeting by favouredjb(f): 10:41am On Jun 29, 2011
Jakumo must really hate the grand ayatollah,lmao!

@op,i even read that he refused to nominate a ministarila candidate,which other head of state did
Re: Buhari Opts Out Of Council Of State's Meeting by snowdrops(m): 10:41am On Jun 29, 2011
He can go join the CSM in saudi arabia. mschew
Re: Buhari Opts Out Of Council Of State's Meeting by member479760: 10:42am On Jun 29, 2011
hahaha!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ojukwu Made The Unity Of Nigeria Possible – Ribadu! / Da Fvck Is South South? Why No North North Or West West Or East East? / Fear Grips Apc Rivers Over Impending Supreme Court Defeat As Amaechi/dakuku Grou

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.