Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,112 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

When A Lady Says You Are Choking Me. What Does It Mean? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When A Lady Says You Are Choking Me. What Does It Mean? (22313 Views)

This South-African Lady Says All Nigerian Women Are Ugly / If This Lady Says U Should Leave Ur Girlfriend For Her,what Will U Do? / 10 Disgusting Things Guys Do When A Lady Says NO SEX (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

When A Lady Says You Are Choking Me. What Does It Mean? by Chukbeck(m): 6:55pm On Jun 28, 2011
I have a colleague whom I am very fond of but still have not made up my mind if I am ready for a relationship. Although, she is very ready and appears to invite my approach to say it bluntly. Recently, she said she does not understand me and that I am choking her.
Please nairalanders what does this saying mean and how do I approach this r/ship issue?
Re: When A Lady Says You Are Choking Me. What Does It Mean? by 190: 7:05pm On Jun 28, 2011
Re: When A Lady Says You Are Choking Me. What Does It Mean?

THEN STOP PRESSING HER NECK

2 Likes

Re: When A Lady Says You Are Choking Me. What Does It Mean? by Chukbeck(m): 7:07pm On Jun 28, 2011
190:

Re: When A Lady Says You Are Choking Me. What Does It Mean?

THEN STOP PRESSING HER NECK

Pls dis is a serious issue.
Re: When A Lady Says You Are Choking Me. What Does It Mean? by 190: 7:13pm On Jun 28, 2011
SHE SAID U ARE CHOCKING HER

THEN STOP PRESSING HER NECK angry angry

2 Likes

Re: When A Lady Says You Are Choking Me. What Does It Mean? by livedit(f): 7:16pm On Jun 28, 2011
I've never heard anyone use that term in this kind of situation.  But my take would be that she is frustrated/disillusioned with your indeciveness of committing to her.
Re: When A Lady Says You Are Choking Me. What Does It Mean? by MMM2(m): 7:22pm On Jun 28, 2011
op
it means u re not giving her money,
or
it means u re disturbing her life.
Re: When A Lady Says You Are Choking Me. What Does It Mean? by MrsChima(f): 7:22pm On Jun 28, 2011
The term "choking" me applies when a person is domineering and possessive.  You may not be ready for the commitment but you are eating your cake as well which is confusing her.  

If you are not willing to be with her 100% then you need to let her go so another man can appreciate her.  You are being selfish and she is fed up with it.  

Act fast before it too late.
Re: When A Lady Says You Are Choking Me. What Does It Mean? by Jackieugo(f): 7:27pm On Jun 28, 2011
It means you need to give her space!
Re: When A Lady Says You Are Choking Me. What Does It Mean? by Mynd44: 8:23pm On Jun 28, 2011
It means you are disturbing her
Re: When A Lady Says You Are Choking Me. What Does It Mean? by LordReed(m): 11:02pm On Jun 28, 2011
It means you are playing games with her. You don't want to commit yet you are all over her acting the boyfriend, very confusing man!

Either you get with it or you get out of it. Choose man and make your choice clear.
Re: When A Lady Says You Are Choking Me. What Does It Mean? by feminineA: 5:12am On Jun 29, 2011
When a lady says u are choking her, all she is trying to say is that she needs space. Its like you are you are so much on her neck, always trying to be around her but its obvious she is not enjoying it and because she has endured it for too long she had to burst out
Re: When A Lady Says You Are Choking Me. What Does It Mean? by iice(f): 9:46am On Jun 29, 2011
Wow, women code speak undecided

Seriously, don't know why every incomprehensible sentences must be attributed to a gender.
Re: When A Lady Says You Are Choking Me. What Does It Mean? by Ekpoma1: 10:05am On Jun 29, 2011
She simply mean 'give me space. U dey disturb me'
Re: When A Lady Says You Are Choking Me. What Does It Mean? by Mynd44: 10:28am On Jun 29, 2011
Trust iice to be always articulate
Re: When A Lady Says You Are Choking Me. What Does It Mean? by tellwisdom: 11:03am On Jun 29, 2011
I hope, after choking her, she didnt die?? Did she dead?? God will not let her died oo cheesy cheesy
Re: When A Lady Says You Are Choking Me. What Does It Mean? by Cuddlemii: 11:22am On Jun 29, 2011
It means you are too clingy and for her to say it out loud to you it means you are beginning to constitute a nuisance.

If you don't give her space she would soon scream at you to get a life infront of your other collegues!
Re: When A Lady Says You Are Choking Me. What Does It Mean? by guente02(m): 11:54am On Jun 29, 2011
@OP
Get urself a pair of brain. Give her what she wants or PACK.WELL.
Simple!
Re: When A Lady Says You Are Choking Me. What Does It Mean? by MMM3(m): 12:34pm On Jun 29, 2011
op
it means she will give u punny very soon. tongue
Re: When A Lady Says You Are Choking Me. What Does It Mean? by chibaby5(f): 2:21pm On Jun 29, 2011
She indirectly sayin back off a lil smiley
Re: When A Lady Says You Are Choking Me. What Does It Mean? by Chukbeck(m): 2:42pm On Jun 29, 2011
Thanks all for the response. But do u know why I am so reluctant at committing to a relationship? She used to claim we are 'just friends' nothing more. Even when I subtly tried asking her out she bluntly refused. Recently, I was honoured with an award in the company which sky rocketed my profile and then her attitude towards me changed. She became much more serious with me, a little pretentious and caring, at the same time wanted me to reciprocate. But am thorn between genuine inter[color=#990000]est and superficial attention. What do I do?
Re: When A Lady Says You Are Choking Me. What Does It Mean? by akpanbaba: 2:46pm On Jun 29, 2011
It means give her a space to see another man for the purpose of comparing two of you
Re: When A Lady Says You Are Choking Me. What Does It Mean? by iice(f): 3:00pm On Jun 29, 2011
Chukbeck:

Thanks all for the response. But do u know why I am so reluctant at committing to a relationship? She used to claim we are 'just friends' nothing more. Even when I subtly tried asking her out she bluntly refused. Recently, I was honoured with an award in the company which sky rocketed my profile and then her attitude towards me changed. She became much more serious with me, a little pretentious and caring, at the same time wanted me to reciprocate. But am thorn between genuine inter[color=#990000]est and superficial attention. What do I do?

Do you really have to ask? Seriously
Re: When A Lady Says You Are Choking Me. What Does It Mean? by kpolli(m): 5:09pm On Jun 29, 2011
ur pressuring her
Re: When A Lady Says You Are Choking Me. What Does It Mean? by 190: 5:09pm On Jun 29, 2011
^OP Follow Kpolli - He's always rite cool cool
Re: When A Lady Says You Are Choking Me. What Does It Mean? by Chukbeck(m): 5:16pm On Jun 29, 2011
kpolli:

your pressuring her

In what way am I pressurising her seeing that I have not even approached the issue of a wanting a r/ship let alone forcing her?
Re: When A Lady Says You Are Choking Me. What Does It Mean? by kpolli(m): 5:20pm On Jun 29, 2011
ask her not me, u asked for the meaning
Re: When A Lady Says You Are Choking Me. What Does It Mean? by KAYD007(m): 5:24pm On Jun 29, 2011
Posted by: Mrs.Chima
Insert Quote
The term "choking" me applies when a person is domineering and possessive. You may not be ready for the commitment but you are eating your cake as well which is confusing her.

If you are not willing to be with her 100% then you need to let her go so another man can appreciate her. You are being selfish and she is fed up with it.

Act fast before it too late.

shocked shocked

AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Mama Chima is born again!

at least a little about sound today!, am happy 4 u ooo! tongue
Re: When A Lady Says You Are Choking Me. What Does It Mean? by googles: 5:25pm On Jun 29, 2011
Just ask her out already instead of bothering urself with dis 'n' dat questions

If u want a relationship with her, ask her and stop asking us to interpret all her facial expressions and stuff for u  tongue
Re: When A Lady Says You Are Choking Me. What Does It Mean? by KAYD007(m): 5:31pm On Jun 29, 2011
angry angry

who u quarelin wit, **sniff* u on weed?
Re: When A Lady Says You Are Choking Me. What Does It Mean? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jun 29, 2011
@ poster, it means leave her alone, just like when a lady tell's u she is busy when u are toasting her
Re: When A Lady Says You Are Choking Me. What Does It Mean? by kabukabu50(m): 5:51pm On Jun 29, 2011
Chukbeck:

I have a colleague whom I am very fond of but still have not made up my mind if I am ready for a relationship. Although, she is very ready and appears to invite my approach to say it bluntly. Recently, she said she does not understand me and that I am choking her.
Please nairalanders what does this saying mean and how do I approach this r/ship issue?

She means that you are a creepy,suffocating son of a Beach,and you should go use your left hand in the mens bathroom instead of breathing all her air and taking up all her space with your stinky breath and crusty toes. grin grin
Re: When A Lady Says You Are Choking Me. What Does It Mean? by Roland17(m): 5:54pm On Jun 29, 2011
she either means u are punishing her by not asking her out, or she needs u to give her some space,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Narrate Your Worst Kissing Experience / Little Things That Leads To Break-up In Relationships / Can A Nigerian Girl Serenade Her Lover?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.