Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,431 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola (26216 Views)

Poll: Whose side are you on?

Governor Fashola: 42% (93 votes)
Fashionable Lagos ladies: 57% (124 votes)
This poll has ended

Former Lagos Governor Fashola In Mecca (Photo) / Blame FG For Tanker Explosion – Governor Fashola / Governor Fashola's Contact Phone No. And Email (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by lovemajek(f): 9:33pm On Aug 23, 2007
nobody is nude, well maybe demented pple.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Mamajama(m): 9:55pm On Aug 23, 2007
what is the difference between this and the proposed banning of saggy pants in ATL?

Exposed boxer shorts and thongs would be illegal in any public place in Atlanta if the City Council approves a proposed amendment to the city's indecency laws.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/atlanta/stories/2007/08/22/saggy_0823.html?cxntlid=inform
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by lovemajek(f): 12:57am On Aug 25, 2007
the bill will never be pass.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by duvile: 6:01pm On Aug 27, 2007
pls help me scream it out! I just cant get what he's actually trying to achieve by doing this. are we now saying that it's the governor's duty to choose pple's way of life for them? (permitt me to say this) If I make a choice to earn my living thru prostituting , whose business is it? I dont have to answer to anyone as long as I am not causing any obstruction in anyone's way. This drama is what I call 'a silly complication of a pleasant simplicity'. This thing is just a thing of the mind, why don't guys get a hard on when they see stark naked mad women raoming about and waggling thier tails on the streets? Or why don't they get a hard on when they (mistakenly or not) see thier sisters naked? They have simply programed thier minds to the fact that these categories of women are no go areas. If you can't control urself as a man, the problem is with you, face it and stop pointing acusing fingers at others! This is really a shame on Fashola, I had always known him as a useless lawyer anyway.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Demolaf: 10:00am On Aug 28, 2007
I have finally concluded that alot of people that post are not current or have no idea whats really happening. Just come on here and write. Havent u heard what Lagos State Government said and is doing about the situation. It wasnt ordered by anybody. Read the papers and if u are abroad read nigerian newspapers.com before u come on here saying old and untrue things
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by diyobdw(f): 10:41am On Aug 28, 2007
As far as i know the Lagos state govt has been saying since last week that they have nothing to do with the arrests of ladies that are indecently dressed.Guess its the police that decided to start raiding for prostitutes.
Lagos state has actually offer a legal support for victims of such harassment,
Am quite 4 now b4 someone thinks am from ALausa!
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by ishakuaji(m): 2:39pm On Aug 28, 2007
RAZZOR i so much appreciate ur comment on dis matter but i want 2 have
chat wit u concerning dis topic now if u would mind
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by lovemajek(f): 2:41pm On Aug 28, 2007
Go ahead we are waiting for the chat.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by kitaun(m): 4:51pm On Aug 28, 2007
some people on this site are outright retarded cyber-beings or just like pretending to be such angry

imajin some people still continuing with the campaign of calumny agaist Fashola's govt, even as unwarranted as it has been proven to be? tongue

even after the State Govt had declared that they were not responsible for the arrest?

even after they promised to defend anyone unlawfully arrested in the name of indecent dressing?

HOW CLUELESS CAN PEOPLE REALLY BE? shocked embarassed

where is Denex?
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Banderas(m): 4:57pm On Aug 28, 2007
Kitaun, I personally am of the opinion that Fashola and co actually did start the whole thing off. When the entire thing started blowing, they didn't deny it at first, they only said that the "arrests" were for a different reason (aiding armed robbers). It wasn't until the whole thing became really dodgy and some big people stepped in that they started claiming they made no such order.

If you ask me, the entire thing stinks of some political cover-up. I bet they authorised the decision, and then later withdrew it.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by kitaun(m): 5:06pm On Aug 28, 2007
@Banderas

with all due humility, I am close to the seat of power as far as Lagos State is concerned and I will also take the flaks if Action Congress aint doing well cool

see . . . one thing u should know is that U, AS A MASTER STRATEGIST MUST NOT REPLY WHATEVER THE PRESS SPEW IMMEDIATELY grin

thats exactly what made Tinubu the LAST MAN STANDING grin

remember the EFCC jibes? how did Tinubu take it? COOLY of course grin

when it was time HE REACTED FULLY, thats what makes a STRATEGIST and Fashola is towing that same line, not to be bamboozled into making frenzied statements cool

like I say, EVERYBODY CAN RANT, BUT A TRUE GOVERNOR OF LAGOS WILL KEEP HIS COOL, ASSESS OPTIONS, ACT SILENTLY AND THEN LATER REALEASE STATEMENTS cool

and need I tell u to expect more of these scenarios . . . grin grin

NO BE BEANS TO RULE LAGOS U KNOW? grin grin
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by ibgoodnews(m): 6:04pm On Aug 28, 2007
fashola is a fool on that policy
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Mariory(m): 6:36pm On Aug 28, 2007
This thread is still alive? I thought we concluded Fashola had nothing to do with this.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by kitaun(m): 6:41pm On Aug 28, 2007
ibgoodnews

u are so foolish, that the smell emanating from where u are sef dey make me puke for where I dey angry

u sure u not suffereing from MENTAL HALITOSIS? tongue grin grin
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by zigbo(f): 7:23pm On Aug 28, 2007
kitaun,sorry o bu' i say make i ask, wats between u and fashola? are u guys runnin things . . . . tongue
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by kitaun(m): 7:37pm On Aug 28, 2007
yes o . . . we are running things and running the affairs of Lag as we shd cool

anymore questions? grin grin
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by zigbo(f): 10:56pm On Aug 28, 2007
how much do u guys plan to loot while the term lasts grin
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Tarami(f): 11:48am On Aug 29, 2007
kitaun:

yes o . . . we are running things and running the affairs of Lag as we should cool

anymore questions? grin grin

Running the affair of lagos he says?
The fact that you can big up Tinubu is enough for me not to even listen to your gabbage.
Whatever you loot in other to ruin the people of that great country, just remember that we are all accountable to our maker when we come face to face with him . May all the thieves at the elm of affairs face the wrath of God in this life and the afterlife.
Awon ole,barawo,banza.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by kitaun(m): 5:40pm On Aug 30, 2007
@Tarami

shut ur bloody trap if u aint got nothing to say u dork!

gbogbo iran baba e ni ole angry
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by zigbo(f): 9:08pm On Aug 30, 2007
kitaun:

@Tarami

shut your bloody trap if u aint got nothing to say u dork!

lol grin. . . bu' wat does it mean undecided
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by kitaun(m): 11:46pm On Aug 30, 2007
Means when u point an accusing finger at a person, the rest 4 r pointing at u ! Who no get family 4 govt? Or who fit claim say any of hin family directly or indirectly has never engaged in corrupt practices . . . Hypocrites !
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Tarami(f): 12:34am On Aug 31, 2007
kitaun:

Means when u point an accusing finger at a person, the rest 4 r pointing at u ! Who no get family 4 govt? Or who fit claim say any of hin family directly or indirectly has never engaged in corrupt practices . . . Hypocrites !

kitaun:

@Tarami

shut your bloody trap if u aint got nothing to say u dork!

stealing without a concience.Keep on looting and dont try your little best to change the idea of everyone in goverment shopping money.
It would be very stupid of you to think that you would get a kudos for stealing what you didn't not work for.
You are in public position to change lifes not to loot the national cake and think it's okay.Where is the fear of God in this.The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom-What this means my thieving bruv is that since,it's clear that you dont have the fear of God you are the stupid one .You need to cover your face in shame and also remember that a good name is better than gold and silver which of course you are ready to throw away becos you want to steal from where you didn't sow.
Gbogbo family and gbogbo iran e ni ole.
Agbaya olori Gbeske bi kegi elewo
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by kitaun(m): 12:48am On Aug 31, 2007
Ewww! The preachers have overtaken d thread . . . Lmao, girl u need to go see ur Shrink !! and go 4 a lesson in Sarcasm . . . BTW remember u started dis, so that when I descend on u, u wont start singing "Treat her like a lady" Asinwin buruku, irankiran family oponu !
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by zigbo(f): 1:25am On Aug 31, 2007
i'm a bit confused here undecided , for a second i thot we were all joking undecided
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by kitaun(m): 1:30am On Aug 31, 2007
@Zigbo . . . some peeps dont know when to tape their gutters shut ! Imagine how she came at me?
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by zigbo(f): 3:03am On Sep 01, 2007
lol grin
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by lovemajek(f): 8:21am On Sep 01, 2007
lol, cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by luvlawyer(f): 8:51am On Sep 05, 2007
@bankole

As much as we cannot legislate morality or the way people dress, our girls are carrying it a little too far.

senseless comment what determines what is oo far and what is not? that is ur own opinion, doesnt help this stupid power display

A decent girl should dress appropriately and not like hooker.

another senseless comment what is a decent girl? how do you measure that what is she is nort decent in your own eyes? then she should be left alone in your so-called un decent outfit?

It is far sexier to dress conservatively rather than dress in cheap revealing clothes.
revealing clothes are cheap? gosh who is this guy?
In our zest to be like foreigners, our girls have become little sluts and our insttutions of higher learning have become glorified brothels. Some semblance of sanity have to be instilled in these girls and boys.
i wonder why you are still stuck in US in ur zest to watch glorified uncultured foreigners!(in ur own words)

When we were growing up, it was unheard for a boy to braids his hair. We are Africans, not Americans and we need to adhere to our tradition.
nonsense

On the other hand, the Nigerian police cannot be let loose to determine what is appropriate or not. They will simply turn it into another avenue for 'egunje'. A set guideline should be made available. Not restrictive or conforming for religious purposes, but for the sake of decency.

that's the only sense you have made so far.

in the 1st place the days of the dark agaes are over no one determines what anyone wears its a fundamental
right to wear whatever you are happy with
arresting boys for braided hair and girls for revealing clothes. their children in the US are doing worse!
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by soldee: 1:55pm On Sep 06, 2007
@kitaun
Your responses are quite crass, I must say. If na ya type dey run Lagos, its no wonder the situation is the way it is.

Instead of improving social welfare, the focus is on oppression. First, the ladies, 2morrow the police will be arresting school children for dodging school!! What the hell happened to social welfare departments at Alausa??

If u shout 'armed robber' near a nigerian policeman, he will bail. But they are proudly arresting unarmed women for wearing spaghetti straps!!!

And pls, lets stop making distinctions between fashola and the police. Fashola is the Chief Security Officer of Lagos State and the police take orders from him!!

I think women should go on STRIKE and refuse to leave their houses for a whole week. Lets see who really rules Lagos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by jejelolatu(f): 2:21pm On Sep 06, 2007
soldee:

@kitaun
Your responses are quite crass, I must say. If na ya type dey run Lagos, its no wonder the situation is the way it is.

Instead of improving social welfare, the focus is on oppression. First, the ladies, 2morrow the police will be arresting school children for dodging school!! What the hell happened to social welfare departments at Alausa??

If u shout 'armed robber' near a nigerian policeman, he will bail. But they are proudly arresting unarmed women for wearing spaghetti straps!!!

And please, lets stop making distinctions between fashola and the police. Fashola is the Chief Security Officer of Lagos State and the police take orders from him!!

I think women should go on STRIKE and refuse to leave their houses for a whole week. Lets see who really rules Lagos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i dont agree with the last line of ur post,i think women should dress decently and going on strike over this is a waste of time,the govt already said they are not responsible,so whats the point of the strike??

as regards ur other comments ,i do agree with u, and i must say that anybody who associates his or herself with the present day govt must have characteristics of a fraud.
but i wont dwell on that if i were u,certain people on this thread have sold their souls to the devil.its no use trying to change them,they are lostttttttttttttttt.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Tarami(f): 3:42pm On Sep 06, 2007
jejelolatu:

i don't agree with the last line of your post,i think women should dress decently and going on strike over this is a waste of time,the govt already said they are not responsible,so whats the point of the strike??

as regards your other comments ,i do agree with u, and i must say that anybody who associates his or herself with the present day govt must have characteristics of a fraud.
but i wont dwell on that if i were u,certain people on this thread have sold their souls to the devil.its no use trying to change them,they are lostttttttttttttttt.

Thank you my fellow nigerians-
I was wondering how long it would take for people that actually do care about the commonman to talk.
Like you rightly said ,some people have sold their soul to the devil and by the grace of God would share the same hell with him.
All the people that go into politics for the wrong reason.See what they've turned a great country into because of greed.
God help our country.Until we put God fearing people with the right vision-People would continue to suffer with the likes of Kitaun or whatever he calls himself at the elm of affairs.
Shop and clean mouth-Your time would come-Shameless people always trying to keep up with the jones.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by McOmo(m): 8:53pm On Sep 06, 2007
see this bunch of bad belle assholes  shocked  tongue  grin

na God go punish all ye that rant unwarranted bunkum, considering the fact that YOU ALL HAVE GOT FAMILY SOMEWAY SOMEHOW IN AUTHORITY  tongue

IF You FEEL FASHOLA IS NOT A WORKING GOVERNOR, GO JUMP INTO THE LAGOONS  tongue  grin  grin

I can't imagine the sickness that runs in this thread, where we have people that can differentiate the Police authority as against State authority as DIRECTED BY THE CHIEF SECURITY OFFICER OF THE STATE  shocked

THIS, EVEN WHEN WE HAD ALL AGREED ON THIS THREAD THAT IT WAS THE OVERZEALOSNESS OF THE POLICEMEN THAT LED TO ALL THE RUCKUS  shocked  cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Kola Aluko’s $50million New York Pent House Foreclosed / Just In: Embattled Senator Abbo Surrenders To Police For Probe / Fuel Subsidy, New Naira Note Deadline: This Is Why Tinubu Is Ahead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.