Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola (26187 Views)

Poll: Whose side are you on?

Governor Fashola: 42% (93 votes)
Fashionable Lagos ladies: 57% (124 votes)
This poll has ended

Former Lagos Governor Fashola In Mecca (Photo) / Blame FG For Tanker Explosion – Governor Fashola / Governor Fashola's Contact Phone No. And Email (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by divanaija1: 9:02am On Aug 16, 2007
Abeg mak una no vex o.LASG said it has nothin to do wit arrest of indecently dressed ladies /Geez n never gave orders for such arrest, this was a statement by Gov Fashola yesterday on LTV News.Infact them talk say if u sabi any officer wey dey arrest in such a case make u report em to authority sharp sharp grin,(shou!.I been wonder o)But that no mean say mak some people begin wear Pant n Bra o
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Lexyl(m): 12:38pm On Aug 16, 2007
Hi Ladies/ Gent,
Its very impressive the way you all have spoken. And i believe the law enforcement agent and the present goverment is quite aware of this issue. Kudos to nairalanders that have contributed in one way or the other. I do appreciate your comments.
we need to decent and modest in our outward appearance, and the law enforcement should not in anyway pleasee harrass law abiding citizen.
Long Life ladies and Gents,
Long Life Gov Fashola,
Long Life Lagos state,
Long Life Nigeria.
Thanks
Lexyl
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by zigbo(f): 6:40pm On Aug 16, 2007
diva_naija:

Abeg mak una no vex o.LASG said it has nothin to do wit arrest of indecently dressed ladies /Geez n never gave orders for such arrest, this was a statement by Gov Fashola yesterday on LTV News.Infact them talk say if u sabi any officer wey dey arrest in such a case make u report em to authority sharp sharp grin,(shou!.I been wonder o)But that no mean say mak some people begin wear Pant n Bra o

how many people dey wear bra nd pant before grin
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by olusegun8(m): 6:55pm On Aug 16, 2007
my guys,i beg,
i like the thing wey fashola dey do for lagos oooo.All these girls wan kill us with their open dress fashion.u`ll keep seeing them naked.wat for?
some almost make their booms open
na wa for lagos girls oooooooooo
abi now
bet ,anyway,make he no send police catch my dear lovely girl ooo,cos wahala go burst,if them arrest my chick ooooo
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by jejelolatu(f): 7:39pm On Aug 16, 2007
the whole thingi is SENSELESS
its SENSELESS to dress ALMOST NAKED
its SENSELESS to arrest girls
its SENSELESS to take sides
and most importanly
the LAGOS STATE GOVT think we are SENSELESS by denying knowledge of the activities of the police.[WHO IS DECEIVING WHO?]

no water, no roads , no hopes, no future[ cos water is washing lagos away] and the govt is spending time on useless and SENSELESS issues.

E NO GO BETA FOR ALL THE SENSELESS PEOPLE WEY WAN RUN LAGOS DOWN.

AMEN.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by shango(m): 7:44pm On Aug 16, 2007
once we get sex workers/prositutes/immoral women and put them down or execute them or lock them up for life Nigeria will be great again.

This has been the root of Naija's problem. The immorality of our women. Once this is fixed we can return to the first world status and become the Industrialized nation that we should always have been. Mismanaged funds and government theft of the countries revenue starts with exposed clevage and scadily dressed sluts. I am glad our government is finally taking action.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by wendymanda: 7:50pm On Aug 16, 2007
once we get sex workers/prositutes/immoral women and put them down or execute them or lock them up for life Nigeria will be great again.

This has been the root of Naija's problem. The immorality of our women. Once this is fixed we can return to the first world status and become the Industrialized nation that we should always have been. Mismanaged funds and government theft of the countries revenue starts with exposed clevage and scadily dressed sluts. I am glad our government is finally taking action.

Good one. I am still laughing at this. Yes, it is all the almost naked women that has made Nigeria unable to become what it could.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by jejelolatu(f): 7:56pm On Aug 16, 2007
shango:

the immorality of our women?

first before i say anything let me make it clear that i am not in support of women dressed in scanty wears, nope.

having said that , let me quickly aquaint u with an economic theory " the higher the demand, the higher the supply. "which means that if there is no demand for immoral women{as u put it] there wnt be supply.[prostitution]

the problem in nigeria isnt prostition, thou if u insist, the theory above is prove that the men and their insatiable hunger for s*x is the main cause of promiscuity.

prostitution,armed robbery and many other crimes are as a result of the decadence in human values and the economic state of the nation.

Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by debosky(m): 7:59pm On Aug 16, 2007
erm. . . jeje I think Shango was being a tad sarcastic with those comments, no need to take them literarily wink
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by jejelolatu(f): 8:04pm On Aug 16, 2007
guessed as much,but just felt like downloading the small eco 111 i remember. grin grin grin grin.

abi ,i no try?
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by kitaun(m): 8:12pm On Aug 16, 2007
after all the brouhaha, can we just bury the thread tongue

or what else do u all need to be convinced that Fashola didnt order the arrest of our beautiful or wowocious skimpily dressed ladies cool

RUN DOWN agents, keep doing ur usual, it brings out the best in TRUE LEADERS tongue grin grin

@dENEX and JACKAL

ssup? tongue grin grin

toothless devils
tongue
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by divanaija1: 8:03am On Aug 17, 2007
zigbo:

how many people dey wear bra nd pant before grin

shocked shocked shocked
grin
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Nobody: 9:10am On Aug 17, 2007
shango:

yes O! behind every unsuccessful man is a scarlet woman grin
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by McDoe(m): 9:15am On Aug 17, 2007
I think I will support some level of sanity in terms of fashion. We cannot continue to tolerate indiscipline, moral decadence as ways and part of fashion. Some ladies are actually going to the extreme. Their manner of dressing is as good as nudity.
Fashion means manner or style. It may be your manner of dress, the style of speech or the mode of dressing without necessarily compromising morality.
According to established emptiness and trifling nature , wise people look to substance of comfort and convenience and not to the shadow of fashion. Great men unconsciously set the fashion, fools blindly follow the fashion; but wise men/ladies make the best use of it.
It is enough of this provocative and seductive craze all in the name of fashion!
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by zigbo(f): 6:47pm On Aug 17, 2007
those westerners that go hallf naked how bad is their country doing undecided

mayb as debs said y'all were jst tryin to be boringly sarcastic, co$ that is the only way your brains would le u make that statement  undecided

shango:

Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by lovemajek(f): 10:06pm On Aug 17, 2007
okay.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by okeyalways(m): 10:43am On Aug 18, 2007
thinking of what i right to be worn when coming out to the street, i think Fashola got it all wrong. what is it that he has to do with who i go about my hair do? is that what he was put there to do. Lagoshans are there crying for irregularities in power supply. some have not had power for more than three months now. and he is there chasing after girls that put on what is in vogue. what i think is, Fashola should MIND HIS BUSINESS[color=#990000][/color]. he cannot instill morality in those who don't wish to. he will be tired soon and the worst would be unlished - when girls will start coming out on the street naked (no longer half-naked) and men will turn to wearing mini skirt and more worst things. watch out ,  it will comeooo ,
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by AO: 10:54pm On Aug 18, 2007
They dont arrest those in brothels. If u want to hawlk your body go to any of those brothel not on the street of lagos at a broad daylight. Women/Girls shud respect themselves for God sake.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by AO: 11:06pm On Aug 18, 2007
Police are only doing the good job they took an oath of office for. Gov. Fash shud clear oshodi road. The road is three lane but you hardly see one lane to use because market women and men who displays their wares on the road.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Vitastraka(m): 2:58am On Aug 19, 2007
@Zigbo

The redness of your smile is disturbing to my eye
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by zigbo(f): 7:05pm On Aug 19, 2007
Vitastraka:

@Zigbo

The redness of your smile is disturbing to my eye

lol. . . wear some shades tongue
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by ochiaha1(m): 9:14pm On Aug 19, 2007
Fashola,the urbane Gov.does not have a hand in the arrest of indecently dressed people.

Blame the police as devil don show them new way to collect money from innocent Nigerians undecided
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Charming(m): 1:55pm On Aug 20, 2007
Bleep FASHOLA OR FASHOYA OR WHATEVER HIS FUCKING NAME IS? HE IS ONLY DRIVING FASHION OUT OF LAGOS AND INCREASING THE RATE OF RAP IN THE SOCIETY, WHY DONT MOST YORUBA MEN THINK BEFORE THEY DO THINGS, IN CYPRUS, DRESS ANY HOW YOU LIKE. SAME WITH UK AND OTHER COUNTRIES, I HAVE BEEN AND MY EYES WAN COMOT. BUT STILL E NO COMOT. Bleep FASHOYA( TEAR CLOTHE) TELL AM GO GO SUCK A GOAT ASS, BEND AND KISS HIS BALLS,
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Charming(m): 1:56pm On Aug 20, 2007
Bleep FASHOLA OR FASHOYA OR WHATEVER HIS FUCKING NAME IS? HE IS ONLY DRIVING FASHION OUT OF LAGOS AND INCREASING THE RATE OF RAP IN THE SOCIETY, WHY DONT MOST YORUBA MEN THINK BEFORE THEY DO THINGS, IN CYPRUS, DRESS ANY HOW YOU LIKE. SAME WITH UK AND OTHER COUNTRIES, I HAVE BEEN AND MY EYES WAN COMOT. BUT STILL E NO COMOT. Bleep FASHOYA( TEAR CLOTHE) TELL AM GO GO SUCK A GOAT ASS, BEND AND KISS HIS BALLS,

Mykel
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by divanaija1: 2:07pm On Aug 20, 2007
@ Charming

shocked shocked
lipsrsealed
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by ochiaha1(m): 11:53pm On Aug 20, 2007
charming!!!!!! You sabi swear oh !!! You be sailor? grin
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by toks81(f): 9:34am On Aug 21, 2007
angry sad

Governor Fashola ha,when you wanted our vote you did not tell us this oh! As someone said even abacha did not go this far.

I know you are a concerned father but how far!The other day it was Funmi Iyanda and her friend that the police dragged down from her ride to embarras even after she said who she was.

Our roads are bad,no light or water your offials came to a friends house the other day one neighbour had not paid his water bill and then they cut if off leaving it rather to waste on the road.

There are other things to be concerned about.

Come to Aguda in surulere Hon Razaq BALOGUN is just rearing his ugly head every four years for votes.

Fashogy there is WORK to be done leave the un-neccessary for now!
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Tarami(f): 11:06am On Aug 21, 2007
People are suffering,dying of hunger and yet the new govenor that should be doing eveything in he's power to impress the people that just voted him in is busy harrasing women on the street.A nation that dehumanises women would only bring a curse on itself.
Armed robbers have taken over lagos-Killing looting and raping innocent people and yet all what the people in power are doing is harrasing women on the street.
My heart bleeds for this country.
Lets even believe the fact that he knows nothing about the whole situation ? What took him so long to respond to the madness.Here they do again treating us like imbeciles .
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Tarami(f): 11:23am On Aug 21, 2007
The youth of this country needs to gather and revolt against all the injustice going on in our country.
We cannot be protected both inside and outside of our house.
Police and armed robbers attacking innocent people left, right and center.
Woe unto those who thinks it's okay to harrass women irrespective of what they wear. Is that the big issue in nigeria right now?how is that solving the problems of armed robbers killing innocent people trying to care for their family,the issue of kids dying due to non exsistent health care sytem,no good education,no money to feed the family, no welfare system and even no quality of life for the citizens of a country that has so much natural resources.A few people are stealing from us and yet we condone this eratic behaviour of theirs.It might not affect you today but who says it wont be your family member in the hands of these psychopaths tommorrow.

Some people are quick to come here and agree with the madness becos of the way some women dress on the street after all said and done-What have you benefitted from it.Has it put food on your table or given you constant electricity?Please let us face what is important and stop loosing focus over what is not.
A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by manjiggy(m): 10:05am On Aug 22, 2007
i personally see that as avenue to make money from bail, cos i dont see that as law n order" they are supposed to enforce
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by lovemajek(f): 2:02am On Aug 23, 2007
they need the election money back, or you think say na free to be elected.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Dream: 9:27pm On Aug 23, 2007
I believe things should be done moderately while nobody ve to tell u that u must be human in thinking. let us not do things to the extreme.
I dont believe beauty is exposing ur sensitive part and be nude.
Let us be role models and able to answer questions of our generation.

Akin
sad sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Houseboy ‘Steals’ Ex- Minister Akinyemi’s N11m Watch / 2023: Lagos Voters Almost Hitting 7m – INEC / Troops Destroy Illegal Crude Oil Refineries & Kidnapers Camp In Niger Delta.PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.