Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,678 members, 7,823,917 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola (26231 Views)

Poll: Whose side are you on?

Governor Fashola: 42% (93 votes)
Fashionable Lagos ladies: 57% (124 votes)
This poll has ended

Former Lagos Governor Fashola In Mecca (Photo) / Blame FG For Tanker Explosion – Governor Fashola / Governor Fashola's Contact Phone No. And Email (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Pain(m): 3:42am On Aug 05, 2007
Id like to know the level of morality in Africa before the advent of the Europeans. I mean the period when the exposition of breasts was considered an expression of beauty. Anyone vast in cultural evolution research in the house? I'm curious I need some answers because I am limited in this area.

I heard in most parts of northern Nigeria ( North Central-- Plateau/Adamawa) , clothing in leaves with almost everything bare was common. Where there massive cases of sexual-attacks?.
Is the level of moral decadence today triggered more by the descent of the mind/thoughts or by the way these women dress.? There are reports of many sexual atrocities and "unusual sexual orientations" in areas where people go cladded like masquerades too. I mean so much goes on behind the veils too.

So what is the problem? Any answers.? I'm Just curious
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by kitaun(m): 4:18am On Aug 05, 2007
Lagosians!!!  shocked  shocked  shocked

we call ourselves the most sophisticated and enlightened nationwide, yet some of us still get sucked into yarning bunkum undecided

Its been long I have been around the Politics section, but well its public knowledge that I was/am the No 1 Fashola supporter on Nairaland, so lets do it again  cool

Questions for u critics;

DID FASHOLA ORDER THE ARRESTS OF THE GIRLS?  shocked  undecided or when did he become the CP of Lagos State command?  shocked

ACCEPTED THE GIRLS HAVE A RIGHT TO FEEL TRAMPLED ON, DOESNT THE ACTION PORTEND A SIGN OF MINIMIZING INDECENT EXPOSURE AMONGST OUR GIRLS?  undecided

DO WE HAVE TO CONTINUE DECEIVING OURSELVES THAT WE WILL NEVER BE WESTERNIZED?
  undecided na so una mama and papa dey expose them breasts for outside before them marry? abi when did our culture embrace make men dey do braids? 
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by gbadex1(m): 5:02am On Aug 05, 2007
*sigh* some really dumbass shit going on up in Lagos. When would these dumb schmucks just do what they were voted in for? Oh i forgot, they're doing what they were rigged in for - divert the attention of the masses by bringing up some whimsy pathetic law and since they know the masses are docile muthafucks, it's implemented while kodedly, funds and treasury are being looted all to the idiotic oblivion of 'em masses. Bleep!
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by MAURI: 8:04am On Aug 05, 2007
I am not really sure how far this is order from above. If it is, then this is a big shame!
And I am curious to know when they will start arresting people with tribal marks and bald headed men, because some people consider this to be sexually attractive. NONSENSE!
Like a few posters already observed, the ppl in support of this actions, I am still not clear how this affects and infringes on your basic human rights. And if the sight bothers you, I don't think it requires that much effort to turn your eyes the other way, or is it that difficult? If it is? Then we know who's got the problems here.
Abeg go to Cotonou and see African beauty in it's authentic state. The number 1 menace in Lagos at the moment are "area boys", not only socially, but also economically. They extort money from buyers, sellers, truck-pushers, transporters and almost everybody in the chain of business. Thereby driving prices up astronomically. Nobody in the position of authority seem to care.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by redsun(m): 9:26am On Aug 05, 2007
Going backwards,what has dressing got to do with morals,they the politicians are the ones that need moral and IQ check,because they are the mischivous ones causing most of those girls to turn prostitute,using what they have to get what they want,in as much as it is dangerous.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Nobody: 9:28am On Aug 05, 2007
kitaun:

Lagosians!!! shocked shocked shocked

we call ourselves the most sophisticated and enlightened nationwide, yet some of us still get sucked into yarning bunkum undecided

Its been long I have been around the Politics section, but well its public knowledge that I was/am the No 1 Fashola supporter on Nairaland, so lets do it again cool

Questions for u critics;

DID FASHOLA ORDER THE ARRESTS OF THE GIRLS? shocked undecided or when did he become the CP of Lagos State command? shocked

ACCEPTED THE GIRLS HAVE A RIGHT TO FEEL TRAMPLED ON, DOESNT THE ACTION PORTEND A SIGN OF MINIMIZING INDECENT EXPOSURE AMONGST OUR GIRLS? undecided

DO WE HAVE TO CONTINUE DECEIVING OURSELVES THAT WE WILL NEVER BE WESTERNIZED?
undecided na so una mama and papa dey expose them breasts for outside before them marry? abi when did our culture embrace make men dey do braids?

Pure no brainer argument
Is he absolving Fashola of blame or is he justifying the policy, you cant be saying both at the same time.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by kitaun(m): 2:45pm On Aug 05, 2007
@mike

are u talking to me? undecided

answer my questions my friend and stop behaving coy!!! angry

is Fashola the CP of Lagos? shocked

is the CP of Lagos responsible to Fashola? undecided

what policy are u yapping about? shocked

@Gbade .x

am surprised that someone like u will stoop low into reasoning the way u are doing? shocked

whats with all this F* lingo u are using here? undecided

they were rigged in? Fashola inclusive? lipsrsealed
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by sleekmike(m): 3:48pm On Aug 05, 2007
This is the hand of Esau but with the Voice of Jacob. He is up to something and it will soon unfold. This is a Taliban rule. shocked cry
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by grafikdon: 3:51pm On Aug 05, 2007
The ''Soldiers of Allah'' are about to present the new and improved (? ) Islamic Sharia Republic of Nigeria (ISRN).
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by zigbo(f): 4:47pm On Aug 05, 2007
grafikdon:

The ''Soldiers of Allah'' are about to present the new and improved (? ) Islamic Sharia Republic of Nigeria (ISRN).

God forbid. . . .

fashola shud look for ways to reduce yellows if u know wat i mean in lagos nd leave the pretty girls*lol nd them guys alone.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by denex: 6:22pm On Aug 05, 2007
@kenflipper

we don't need to wait for 2011 to vote Fashiola out. If 110,000 nairalanders decide to remove Fashiola from office before the end of this year, we can do it.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by meta4(m): 6:33pm On Aug 05, 2007
hello house,
i couldn't believe my ears when i heard of such news. i was thrown back the the years of buhari and idiagbon's war against indiscipline.those i was very young then my spirit didn't go with that procedure to stamp out indiscipline to my belief the fall of that program actually,led to the total collapse of discipline.
humans by nature are free beings and will resist any form of slavery, to solve such problem you need to educate people show them a better way of living and they will reach out to embrace it,change the information that flows in the air and saturate the air with information that breeds morality and watch the change not by forcely injecting discipline in people ,even in madicine,where you forcely inject someone,you might end up causing paralysis.
fashola or who ever is behind this should think again. there are better ways of handling issues like this.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by ernal(m): 6:35pm On Aug 05, 2007
Na wa for Fash O,Omo men i think him just no won make we bois get something to spend money on again, na wa O, Well its up to we Men to protect our women from this molestation, Please dont keep the sexy ones of the road,someone tell Fash baba,this no be Okada o,this na our women, damn!!!
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by ernal(m): 6:43pm On Aug 05, 2007
I really feel people who come on here to say the act is fine and welcome,i think its like someone telling us to eat what we dont want,this is a free playground,no be them big men and so called politician dey pay all these babes huge money way dey aid all this,why him no come on tv,make him kuku ban tv shows, well Niger sha na wa O,
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 05, 2007
angry
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Chiori(m): 7:31pm On Aug 05, 2007
But come to think of it, when did we start dressing up in Nigeria. As Africans, we are natural and traditional barers. So what the fuss about indecency. Allow us to show our African nature. After all, Fela through his nudist philosophy earned the title of True African Statesman.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by dinachi(m): 7:48pm On Aug 05, 2007
I almost died of joy when i saw this post. Thank God that someone is begining to put restraining hand on our girls who have been baring it all to our consternation . First skirts started going gradually above the knee, from there we got  mini skirts, before you could say jack robinson it went up to micro minni skirt. Today many girls consider it a very serious inconvinience to their highly fashionable self the wearing of  pants . Yes it is unbelievable but true. Majority of girls dont wear pant this days. Mark my words somebody, very soon girls will start going topless ( I learnt that some women groups in US are pushing for this already.Their reason? if the men sometime goes shirt less and nobody blinks why cant the women do the same?). Needdless to say,  it will really be a wonderfull day when it happens. My bros and sis in nairaland are we going to wait until this madnes becomes rampant in Nigeria before we will start talking? Some body there give three Gbosas to Gov. Fashola for  me. You are my man any day!! To hell with these western idiocy called fashion that is threatning the African fabric of womanhood.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by software(m): 8:32pm On Aug 05, 2007
It is wrong and at the same time Right,

The church and the mosque can no longer control those ill-mannered dressings.
most parents also can't control their kids.

At the same time, The Govt has no right to do such. . Its a free world. BUT like they say "A city where there is LAW, their can't be SIN" and if there would be, it would be in its minimal.

But lets get to ask ourselves, could it be that those ill-mannered dreesing are the cause of

1 unemployement
2 Lack of Eletricity
3 Lack of WATER
4 Bad Network of Road
5 Poverty in its highest Level

Make The Gov Face hin duty and do what concerns him, Am sure, some millions, would be allocated for that in his 2008 Budget.

Wonders shall never end in Naija
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Keziah(f): 8:32pm On Aug 05, 2007
@dblock
Nigeria is slowly becoming Saudi Arabia.

This is a serious issue.

We can't have Chinese/Middle Eastern Laws here in Nigeria

We should be striving for a better Democracy, not leaning towards Communism or Sharia.

This is the 21st century.
BROS PLS CORRECT URSELF, IT'S NOT COMMUNISM WE ARE TALKING ABOUT HERE BUT SHARIAISM. ASK FASHOLA OR YAR' ADUA IF I AM LYING grin
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by zigbo(f): 9:03pm On Aug 05, 2007
software:

It is wrong and at the same time Right,

The church and the mosque can no longer control those ill-mannered dressings.
most parents also can't control their kids.

At the same time, The Govt has no right to do such. . Its a free world. BUT like they say "A city where there is LAW, their can't be SIN" and if there would be, it would be in its minimal.

But lets get to ask ourselves, could it be that those ill-mannered dreesing are the cause of

1 unemployement
2 Lack of Eletricity
3 Lack of WATER
4 Bad Network of Road
5 Poverty in its highest Level

Make The Gov Face hin duty and do what concerns him, Am sure, some millions, would be allocated for that in his 2008 Budget.

Wonders shall never end in Naija

you forgot nos.6 which would be wiping out all the omotas in lagos,them don dey plenty pass ajegbo.  grin tongue
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Jakumo(m): 9:35pm On Aug 05, 2007
dinachi:

I almost died of joy when i saw this post. Thank God that someone is begining to put restraining hand on our girls who have been baring it all to our consternation . First skirts started going gradually above the knee, from there we got  mini skirts, before you could say jack robinson it went up to micro minni skirt. Today many girls consider it a very serious inconvinience to their highly fashionable self the wearing of  pants . Yes it is unbelievable but true. Majority of girls don't wear pant this days. Mark my words somebody, very soon girls will start going topless ( I learnt that some women groups in US are pushing for this already.Their reason? if the men sometime goes shirt less and nobody blinks why can't the women do the same?). Needdless to say,  it will really be a wonderfull day when it happens. My bros and sis in nairaland are we going to wait until this madnes becomes rampant in Nigeria before we will start talking? Some body there give three Gbosas to Gov. Fashola for  me. You are my man any day!! To hell with these western idiocy called fashion that is threatning the African fabric of womanhood.     

Dinachi you are such a self-servicer.   Look at all the ink you wasted describing what you could see under women's clothing.  You obviously spent a lot of time studying those provocatively dressed women.  Get a hold of yourself dude. Your state of frustrated arousal over them girls is making you babble gibberish.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by tai2(m): 5:26am On Aug 06, 2007
Abeg leave the hypocrite o jare, as if his on hands are clean, the next thing you know they'll tell you they're spending N1.5 Billion on eradication of prostitution as if the prostitutes and criminals they have as politicans aren't enough. Meanwhile I'm focusing on reading what the next generation nigeria has to offer by reading articles such as these:

http://www.dipotepede.com/2007/07/22/the-difficulty-in-being-me/
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Macutie(f): 7:09am On Aug 06, 2007
@ Pain
I totally agree with you!

I wonder if he trying to turn Lagos into a Sharia state! To think the police arrests married women, students and workers alike! This is crazy!
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by idea(m): 7:15am On Aug 06, 2007
Fasola should as a matter of fact face other areas in Lagos that would grow the economy.How can he relate the dress code of those arrested to the high rate of robberies and crime in Lagos? Are these people responsible for looting our treasuries, he should be FOCUSED.

It's so annoying to see an "enlightened", "educated" and "exposed" person think and behave in such rash manner. If the joints of prostitutes are raided by Police men, fine but they should go there to arrest perceived robbers that use those places as hide-outs not to go about the streets arresting INNOCENT people because of the way they are dressed or their hair-do.

This is another STRATEGY for the Nigerian Police Force in Lagos to milk, maim, harass and extort  POOR Lagosians who stand at Bus Stops to board buses because the RICH ones always have their cars whenever they go out.

It's time we stood up against this oppression and myopic reasoning from the powers that be.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by YangaRat: 7:50am On Aug 06, 2007
How as that Lagos Gomina like toto, breast and yansh, no be small thing o.   The man no dey take toto matter play at all.   Look am how as e be say na the cloth when dey woman yansh come dey MOST important for Gomina Fashola, pass all the other problem when dey ground for Lagos State.

E be like say na Gomina Fashola blokos when dey wake up every time, dey fight him trouser, dey push am to dey pursue woman like mad dog, na him dey make am forget all other more important work of gofment like to supply light, to repair Lagos jaga-jaga road them, to stop army robber when don take over Lagos finish make them own gofment dey shoot gbosa gbosa for every corner of Lagos.

Gomina Fashola don get new name o.   The TOTO MASTER OF LAGOS.   If the man no do softly with this him yansh and breast hunting mission, na 2-naira ashawo TOTO go kill am.

Monkey no fine, but him mama love am.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by akpana(f): 9:21am On Aug 06, 2007
are we now introducing sharia law in lagos. instead of looking about for ladies with skimpy dresses why dont convert that time to looking for armedrobbers that have been killing people including police men.its not the responsibility of govt.to enforce this kind of thing people shouldn`t be forced to be moral.maybe Gov. fashola doesn`t have anything on his agenda for lagos he should better look for something better to use time&money for.this is rubbish,abstract nonesense.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by mizkay(f): 9:22am On Aug 06, 2007
Much as I do not condone with Immorality - I am certain there are more important issues/priorities that need the Honourable Governor's attention in Lagos than just chasing after flimsy pieces of cloth over the a$$es of Lagos ladies no?
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Gettolove(m): 9:27am On Aug 06, 2007
@all

I would like to know if the governor actually gave the order or the police C.P. is the one doing this stuff? If he did, then i think he has pressed the wrong button.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by denex: 9:39am On Aug 06, 2007
Fashola that was campaigning like a slave everywhere is now trying to become a dictator over night. If he's not careful, he won't be governor by the end of this year.

Dumbfuck! I knew he was far worse than "koro". This will teach Lagosians that all that claims it can glitter is not gold.

Imagine, we gave up Jimi Agbaje for this chauvinist.

Is he trying to use these barbaric acts to impress us? Is Fashola mad?!

Abeg who is the deputy governor again so we can start plotting the an impeachment and takeover.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by kemisole(f): 10:24am On Aug 06, 2007
for goodness we r in a democracy settings,people r free to wear woteva that pleases them,am sure they can try dz in all this civilized country,he shld face the main issues n 4gt the irrelevant ones!
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by obyann(f): 11:07am On Aug 06, 2007
Fashola should be concerned on how to move Lagos State forward instead of chasing shadow. If he doesn't know where to start, he should ask for help. He should start with our Road, eliminate agboros, provide employment for the unemployed, keep our roads free from dirts, put a check on police officers who engage themselves with N20 N20 from commercial buses before thinking of dress code. If he needs an adviser on how to discharge his duties, he should tell Lagosians.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by babyvic(f): 11:16am On Aug 06, 2007
As u said, Nigeria is not Saudi Arabia but lets just face the facts here. I'm a lady, but from what i see everyday here in Lagos (as regards the way some girls dress) i feel so ashamed that sometimes i will just wish we are all female in  this kind of indecent environment (may be that way i'll feel less embarrassed by the time u see someone indecently exposing and provocatively flauting what u are covering up ). If u use the commecial buses often and if u're a lady (cos guys can really find it amusing and entertaining),then maybe u'll understand what we are talking about here. I like to dress GOOD quite alright and appreciate a good dresser too but there's a diffence between dressing good and dressing provocatively.  just  imagine someone putting on a low-waist jean(without a belt) with a skimpy top, now picture that kind of person bending down to enter or get off a bus without even doing that carefully (if thats possible anyway). U get to see d whole butt, u know down- down to the point of seperation(!).Such that u seeing it as a woman would be embarrased. Haba! lets say things right, the Governors' action is a step in the right direction; one of the many things that ought to be done though. Lets give in a chance, after all " Rome was not built in a day"!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Rochas Okorocha Campaign For Akinwumi Ambode In Lagos State / Fuel Subsidy, New Naira Note Deadline: This Is Why Tinubu Is Ahead / Commissioning Of Amawbia Flyover By Obiano And Dalong - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.