Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,922 members, 7,821,228 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola (26227 Views)

Poll: Whose side are you on?

Governor Fashola: 42% (93 votes)
Fashionable Lagos ladies: 57% (124 votes)
This poll has ended

Former Lagos Governor Fashola In Mecca (Photo) / Blame FG For Tanker Explosion – Governor Fashola / Governor Fashola's Contact Phone No. And Email (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Matured26(m): 2:57pm On Aug 08, 2007
What you don't know,
Please say nothing about.
Am telling you of authentic info
You send your sis,mother,cousin,girlfriend or any female close to you out to anywhere cloSe to the seat of power in Lagos dressed indecently and see what will happen to her
You will not even have time to come back here and tell your story.
Speak only of what you know PUNKS
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by jaso1(m): 3:13pm On Aug 08, 2007
my relatives are not prostitutes so i believed those victims and witnesses are indecent in moral as you rightly put it. where you belong.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by denex: 3:18pm On Aug 08, 2007
Well, I have something personal about Fashola. He doesn't look very smart. His first major action we're seeing from him does not seem smart.

I just want us to use one of these new governors as a scapegoat to show that the fact that you're voted in doesn't guarantee you lordship for 4 good years.

I want these governors to realise that if they misbehave, they can be out of government house in the shortest time possible.

That Oyo governor too will have to go. We must start instituting democracy the way it really should be.

A government of the people, for the people by the people cannot do anything contrary to the will or benefit of the majority of the people.

Let's stop playing with our democracy. It is not a joke!
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Carlosein(m): 3:49pm On Aug 08, 2007
uhm-uhm-uhm cheesy
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by fesse(f): 3:51pm On Aug 08, 2007
FASOLA will soon come out like akon to appologise to lagosians. He is just being stupid by stipulating such thing. A whole that represent Nigeria that fasola is trying to set back. i tire 4 dis kind govnor.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by fesse(f): 3:54pm On Aug 08, 2007
FASOLA will soon come out like akon to appologise to lagosians. He is just being stupid by stipulating such thing. A whole lagos that represent Nigeria that fasola is trying to set back. i tire 4 dis kind govnor.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by mofaj(m): 4:33pm On Aug 08, 2007
its too bad when you see leaders with no agenda for their people, hmmm, too bad. He should ask for advice on programmes if he is short of ideas on what his government is meant to focus on.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Carlosein(m): 4:46pm On Aug 08, 2007
okay now lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by swiftycool(m): 5:29pm On Aug 08, 2007
Some of these new Governors seem really daft o
imagine the priority of that one chasing girls about cos he cant control his hard on
anyway he's still better than the mumu they elected in Akwa ibom state
Do u believe he intends to buldoze the existing newly renovated Governors lodge
to give way for a new building where he will stay as Gov.
For now he resides in the le'meridian Hotel, Stupid stupid @#$$%%$#^*!!  angry
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by swiftycool(m): 5:31pm On Aug 08, 2007
Talk about judicious allocation
of taxpayers hard earned money
Hissssssss**
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by kitaun(m): 2:11am On Aug 09, 2007
@Denex

ur grouse with Fashola is that he is not smart abi? shocked embarassed

isnt it funny that u want to turn this thread to a joke all of a sudden?

u beta go and ask ur mentor Jimi Agbaje, he would tell u that Fashola is special in more ways than one . . . he who God has lifted, thou shall not despise tongue cool

who will impeach Fashola? Nairalanders? shocked shocked

U R HAVING A LAFF grin grin grin

conduct a poll now on his popularity or otherwise and u will be amazed how unfazed this guy looks in the eye of the average Lagosian_Nlanders

AC controls the house in Lagos, who would impeach FASHOLA? THE SAME LAWMAKERS THAT HAVE AGITATED AGAINST INDECENT EXPOSURE IN LAGOS? undecided

My point remains; inasmuch as the Police had good intentions from the start, the typical NAIJA ROGER attitude in them would always sabotage the efforts of the initiators of the idea, or what explains the uncalled-for arrests of ladies that are actually PROPERLY DRESSED? sad

I wonder why all the noise now that its all about ladies undecided do u know how many helpless men get arrested nightly with Policemen going around in seized commercial buses to raid their victims? and this has been going on from time immemorial angry
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by 50kobo: 2:27am On Aug 09, 2007
there are numerous problems in Nigeria and it is sad that ''indecent'' dressing is a priority!
what of the armed robbers?
what of the floods?
what of the bad roads, pot holes?
what of the pollution (you cant see the sky in lagos)
what of the street kids
what of the terrible traffic congestions
what of the lack of water /electricity!
what of awon area boys causing trouble
what of the fat cats (corrupt leaders) chopping all our money?

before we start talking about the way people dress! Sometimes its like our heads are turned upside! we don crase finish
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by kitaun(m): 2:42am On Aug 09, 2007
@50kobo

be sincere to ur conscience cool

which of the problems u enumerated and more has Fashola not started working on in one way or the other? 
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Dekie(f): 4:44pm On Aug 09, 2007
Please has mama Bakassi heard this one?women of Lagos we are in trouble.Who will sue this people for us?where is Festus keyamo,where is Gani, and where is Olise Agbakoba.O, if only mummy stella were still alive, ewooo, Mama Bakassi help oooooooooooo

What will happen to our trendy jeans, our spagetti tops,our boob tubes, our trouser suits?

I think whoever is responsible for this RAPE of WOMANITY should face the wrath of the law.This is absolute anarchy
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Gheorghe(m): 4:58pm On Aug 09, 2007
can someone on Nairaland please define "DECENT" AND "INDECENT DRESSING" .

wonders will neva end
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by dremoney(m): 5:13pm On Aug 09, 2007
yea,its all gud only if those gals r provided wit wat to live on.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by 50kobo: 5:17pm On Aug 09, 2007
kitaun:

@50kobo

be sincere to your conscience cool

which of the problems u enumerated and more has Fashola not started working on in one way or the other?

my point is that there is a lot of problems in lagos/Nigeria, there is a lot of work to be done, many things to be resolved, the issue about the way a woman dresses is just so irrelevant! except we have decided to become a taliban state and implement sharia laws!
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Afam(m): 5:31pm On Aug 09, 2007
Gheorghe:

can someone on Nairaland please define "DECENT" AND "INDECENT DRESSING" .

wonders will never end

DECENT - The type wey dey cover breast, belle and the back side well

INDECENT DRESSING - The type wey dey do the opposite of wetin DECENT dey do grin
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by DrDre1(m): 5:38pm On Aug 09, 2007
Afam:

DECENT - The type wey dey cover breast, belle and the back side well

INDECENT DRESSING - The type wey dey do the opposite of wetin DECENT dey do grin

What a concise definition! grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Demolaf: 5:47pm On Aug 09, 2007
Na wa for these Nairalanders oh, are u telling me no one is seeing anything else Fashola is doing, cuz it seems they keep claiming he is putting this as priority. Get ur facts, read papers and open ur eyes
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Demolaf: 5:51pm On Aug 09, 2007
And for the Idiot that says girls can walk around naked in developed countries, have ur sister come walk around naked here in America and tell me she wont get arrested, or have her loiterring soliciting customers for sex, and tell me she wont get arrested. The Question probably should be what is proper and who sets that standard. but all over the world there is something called indecent exposure and u will get arrested.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by bunmeee(f): 7:48pm On Aug 09, 2007
i feel its not a bad idea, if not taken to the extreme, c'mon, we all see wat some so called campus girls wear nowadays.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by denex: 8:15pm On Aug 09, 2007
@kitaun

till you properly understand this democracy thing, you and I will not be able to hold sustainable discussions.

AC holds majority of the House of Representatives but you forget that the people control the members of the House of Representatives and majority of the people do not support this action.

I'm talking about how things are done in a democracy not a BUSH-ocracy.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Demolaf: 9:34pm On Aug 09, 2007
In Virginia, you get a Ticket if you sagg ur pants, or if a police officer can see ur boxers. (i think 200 dollars), and that is boys oh. I feel if u wanna dress half naked going to do ur ho activities, dont be walking the streets if you are exposed. Take a cab
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by lovemajek(f): 12:25am On Aug 10, 2007
is this true.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Femonjay(m): 3:37am On Aug 10, 2007
not only LAGOS OOOOOOOO

Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by mimiko(f): 11:59am On Aug 10, 2007
@ lovemajek
i think it is i heard something like that
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by denex: 12:01pm On Aug 10, 2007
Let's impeach Fashola!
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by ToyinOj(m): 12:04pm On Aug 10, 2007
I think U guys are not raesonable.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by NOIBMUUL(m): 12:22pm On Aug 10, 2007
Another reflection of misplaced priorities. indecent dressing shouldnt be at the top of fasola's list. Police harassment, irregular power supply, robbery, bad roads, squalor state of the environment, at the likes should come before indecent dressing.
prostitution has been a trade long before the name Nigeria was coined, let alone fasola. he and his government should treat threatening issues facing the live and health of lagosians rather than picking on girls huzzling on the streets. JOBLESS PUKES!

One Love
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by ToyinOj(m): 12:43pm On Aug 10, 2007
50kobo:

my point is that there is a lot of problems in lagos/Nigeria, there is a lot of work to be done, many things to be resolved, the issue about the way a woman dresses is just so irrelevant! except we have decided to become a taliban state and implement sharia laws!

If we are about the peolpe in this country, don't u think we should present ourselves the way we want be addressed.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by ToyinOj(m): 12:46pm On Aug 10, 2007
@NOIBMUUL

But agree that indecency in dressing by our women is a problem , as u put it, to be taken lightly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Babachir Lawan: I Remain An APC Member But Will Support Atiku To Win / Bayelsa Politician, Walton Liverpool, Kisses Wife's Baby Bump (Photo) / Niger Delta Youths Reacts On Asari Dokubo "I Will Stop Agitation For Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.