Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,678 members, 7,831,106 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Things About Our African Sisters We Don't Like: - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Things About Our African Sisters We Don't Like: (2225 Views)

Frank Talk: Stop Mocking Our African Heritage / Annoying Things About Being A Man / How Do You Tell a Guy You Don't Like Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things About Our African Sisters We Don't Like: by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jun 30, 2011
Nayah:

lol davidylan "magically pick up" hehehehe but anyway you should'nt judge someone by his/her way of talking but by his heart and brain

the fastest evidence of the state of ones brain is what they say.
Re: Things About Our African Sisters We Don't Like: by Dyt(f): 2:29pm On Jun 30, 2011
^^ den m sure smth s wrong wit ur present state of bein
Re: Things About Our African Sisters We Don't Like: by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jun 30, 2011
Dyt:

^^ den m sure smth s wrong wit your present state of bein

no problem.
Re: Things About Our African Sisters We Don't Like: by Nayah(f): 2:36pm On Jun 30, 2011
davidylan appearence can lead you to do mistakes
Re: Things About Our African Sisters We Don't Like: by Dyt(f): 2:39pm On Jun 30, 2011
Wo
Lan givin up?
Dis s nt d David i know
Re: Things About Our African Sisters We Don't Like: by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jun 30, 2011
Nayah:

davidylan appearence can lead you to do mistakes

Sure, but its easy to spot the fakes. Even here in the US, such ghetto language is reserved for the low class, barely educated. The real upper middle class folks speak with crisp english. Till tomorrow i still have a difficult time understanding black people speak . . . with the whites i have absolutely no problem.

Dyt:

Wo
Lan givin up?
Dis s nt d David i know

yeah, its a new davidylan now . . . one who is no longer willing to waste his time with the dregs of society who just happen to have access to a computer. Enjoy.
Re: Things About Our African Sisters We Don't Like: by Dyt(f): 2:46pm On Jun 30, 2011
^^ glad u know we belong 2 same class
takes a bow
Re: Things About Our African Sisters We Don't Like: by Nayah(f): 2:51pm On Jun 30, 2011
David wow you seems to have been annoyed
Re: Things About Our African Sisters We Don't Like: by honeric01(m): 6:18pm On Jun 30, 2011
Nayah:

Honerico what do you mean by acting like western world women
Tpia sometimes remaining quite can be smart

You know what i mean, dressing the way they dress, acting the way they act and even trying to live the way they live.

Also hate the fact that you women biatch about eachother too much.
Re: Things About Our African Sisters We Don't Like: by Nayah(f): 6:22pm On Jun 30, 2011
honerico, sometimes I think some brothers made conclusion about these "westerner" things when some women are different from their grand mothers or whatever, you know refusing to be submissive (means accepting everything from your man even if it's wrong) or asking for man help for cook or others household tasks doesn't mean these are "westerners", not being dependant and work to help I'm sure you wouldn't considerate it as behaving like "westerner"
Re: Things About Our African Sisters We Don't Like: by honeric01(m): 6:48pm On Jun 30, 2011
Nayah:

honerico, sometimes I think some brothers made conclusion about these "westerner" things when some women are different from their grand mothers or whatever, you know refusing to be submissive (means accepting everything from your man even if it's wrong) or asking for man help for cook or others household tasks doesn't mean these are "westerners", not being dependant and work to help I'm sure you wouldn't considerate it as behaving like "westerner"

Well i didn't say you should be submissive to the extent of accepting everything your man tells you to do, you can be submissive and at the same time not accept all his bullshit. our mothers did it and not all of them were 100% submissive, but they were still able to manage their home. Ever since Africans started the bullshit of following and copying westernized way of husband-wife, we have seen high rise in divorce rate, marital abuse, domestic brutality and all that, we know Africans like overdoing things, so some of our women would have gone out to try and prove to their hubby or boyfriend that they're equal without applying caution.

Do you know that women actually control men even when you're submissive? most of what you tell your hubby or boyfriends, he goes behind your back to do just as you said, just investigate it and you will see.

Lastly, how about the way of dressing? the way of making hair? always trying to look like your western counterparts?
Re: Things About Our African Sisters We Don't Like: by Nayah(f): 6:53pm On Jun 30, 2011
You know "white" women want to be tanned, and put extensions too and it's very common now to see here in Europe some Arab women putting african hair ( braids, weaves) all things to say that world is changing, but not necessarily people

The way of dressing? come on I'm in love with African outfit and I put it when I can but the weather it's not in adequation with the African outfit
Re: Things About Our African Sisters We Don't Like: by honeric01(m): 7:22pm On Jun 30, 2011
Nayah:

You know "white" women want to be tanned, and put extensions too and it's very common now to see here in Europe some Arab women putting african hair ( braids, weaves) all things to say that world is changing, but not necessarily people

The way of dressing? come on I'm in love with African outfit and I put it when I can but the weather it's not in adequation with the African outfit

Extension? you're trying to say the wigs were actually meant for the whites? where then do they put their own hair?

I didn't say when you're in Europe, you must dress in African attires, what i meant to say is that most women dress base on how their western counterpart tell them dressing should look like.
Re: Things About Our African Sisters We Don't Like: by Nobody: 12:40am On Jul 01, 2011
davidylan:

because they are white? Lets be honest here, most of the complaints people are posting here are quite common with other women.

For example - mrbrownj's point - sadly, its difficult to find a sista proudly rocking her REAL HAIR these days!
Well there are MANY white girls who dont "rock their real hair" either and somehow this is NEVER a problem. Would you blame a black girl who is just trying to conform to what is now regarded as "beauty" today? Would mrbrownj be ok with dating a girl donning "shuku" in the heart of London?

yes bro, you are absolutely right about the fact that "some" white women rock fake hair too BUT the difference is: if i meet 10 white women, i will be very unlucky if 4 of them have fake hair extensions WHILE if i meet 10 sistas i will be very lucky if 2 of them rock their real hair.
anyway, the facts that now "some" white women have joined the trend doesnt change the fact at hands, does it?!

as for your question, YES, i would take a natural gal anytime any day over some "ghost" with a weave.
Re: Things About Our African Sisters We Don't Like: by Araboy(m): 2:43am On Jul 01, 2011
I like black women and find them beautiful but I don't like these things about them
Arguing
Asking men to pay for cosmetics
wearing wigs I think their natural hair is fine
engaging in online " Beef "
being Loud and noisy
bleaching their skins
Re: Things About Our African Sisters We Don't Like: by Pafuri(m): 3:10am On Jul 01, 2011
BLEACHING! Why, oh why? shocked angry angry
Re: Things About Our African Sisters We Don't Like: by Nayah(f): 5:51pm On Jul 01, 2011
Not everyone come on Pafuri
Re: Things About Our African Sisters We Don't Like: by Mynd44: 7:07pm On Jul 01, 2011
Hmmm
Re: Things About Our African Sisters We Don't Like: by african1(f): 7:14pm On Jul 01, 2011
Pafuri:

BLEACHING! Why, oh why? shocked angry angry

I wonder the same thing. tongue
Re: Things About Our African Sisters We Don't Like: by Jackieugo(f): 10:05pm On Jul 01, 2011
Some of us don't give a bleep about BBs and are content with whatever phone suits them. Some of us don't bleach our skin and are naturally light skinned like our mamas. Some of us don't wear fake hair and actually put ALOT of time and effort into growing our hair. But all of that is looked over and we are grouped in with every other woman. I hate generalizations. Mschew  angry
Re: Things About Our African Sisters We Don't Like: by honeric01(m): 11:56pm On Jul 01, 2011
^^^^

Awww, natural hair? i am sorry for grouping you with others,

Now come get a wet kiss from me kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Things About Our African Sisters We Don't Like: by Coco29(f): 6:40pm On Jul 04, 2011
There are a lot of natural Nubians out there, I AM ONE OF THEM. I mean completely natural.
Re: Things About Our African Sisters We Don't Like: by african1(f): 7:43pm On Jul 04, 2011
^^^ Respect wink
Re: Things About Our African Sisters We Don't Like: by Princek12(m): 8:00pm On Jul 04, 2011
excessive weave
Re: Things About Our African Sisters We Don't Like: by Coco29(f): 7:12am On Jul 05, 2011
african1:

^^^ Respect wink

More love to you queen wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Na Wah For Some Naija Babes / God Bless Nairaland- I Found Her Here / Ladies...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.