Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,254 members, 7,815,385 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia (11096 Views)

Keshi Resumes; Recalls Ikechukwu Uche For Remaining AFCON Qualifiers / Nigeria's Uche Given Green Light To Play Football Again: / Euro Clubs Want Nigeria's Uche - E Ghana News: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jul 01, 2011
under sharia and customary law but not civil law polygamy is lawful
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 01, 2011
queensmith:

Assshole! What does polygamy have to do with anything? Are you being serious? Is your bprain inculpable of sequencing a string of thoughts? Can you not comprehend simple english? Must i take yohu back to nursery once again you good for nothing donkey.
Lets talk about the female coachs job which is to COACH FOOTBALL DAMMIT, since when did she become the lezbian police? You and her need to be locked up together ,your reasoning needs to be examined so we can find the cure for stupidity!

What on earth are you on about? What state is discriminating? How does polygamy discriminate? Did you know polygamy is equally illegal in Nigeria? Did you know you cannot be legally married to more than one person you fool? Do you actually know anything at all?

Tell me, if a well known drug baron is found in her team and she keeps quiet claiming is non of her business would she not be accussed of supporting illegality or an accomplice? Her job is not only to coach the girls but also to maintain discipline within the team, therefore, any form of illegality including same-sex would be discouraged by her as a leader of the team. Think before you talk girl!
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by nwanma7480: 1:04pm On Jul 01, 2011
This statement goes to all the homophobics out there in Africa and the rest of the world. This is 2011 and onward. If you want to play on the international stage you had better learn how to be tolerant. Gays are human beings just like the rest of us "straight people" .They are our friends, brothers and sisters. Eucharia Uche has only succeeded in throwing out of the team, probably the most talented players.  Her intolerance could cost the team this competition. Those of you out there who are hailing her stupidity and trying to put this on our culture and tradition should think twice. Culture and tradition are man made and can be revisited and changed to accommodate thesame people it is trying to guide. So, I suggest to Eucharia to call those ladies back to the team and publicly apologise to them for her intolerance and stupidity. For all she knows, one of her daughters, if she has grown kids could be doing just that. Then what?. Throw her out of the family or disown the child because of her sexual preference? Is it our culture or tradition to kick our children out of the family if they had done wrong? Some of you will argue that it does happen but very rarely. Think my people, think. The chicken could come home to roost
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by Gbenge77(m): 1:24pm On Jul 01, 2011
To hell with Fifa.To hell with Fifa.
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by mrofficial(m): 2:29pm On Jul 01, 2011
nwanma7480:

This statement goes to all the homophobics out there in Africa and the rest of the world. This is 2011 and onward. If you want to play on the international stage you had better learn how to be tolerant. man-loving-men are human beings just like the rest of us "straight people" .They are our friends, brothers and sisters. Eucharia Uche has only succeeded in throwing out of the team, probably the most talented players.  Her intolerance could cost the team this competition. Those of you out there who are hailing her stupidity and trying to put this on our culture and tradition should think twice. Culture and tradition are man made and can be revisited and changed to accommodate thesame people it is trying to guide. So, I suggest to Eucharia to call those ladies back to the team and publicly apologise to them for her intolerance and stupidity. For all she knows, one of her daughters, if she has grown kids could be doing just that. Then what?. Throw her out of the family or disown the child because of her intimate preference? Is it our culture or tradition to kick our children out of the family if they had done wrong? Some of you will argue that it does happen but very rarely. Think my people, think. The chicken could come home to roost

Shut your dirty diabolic mouth. How dare you spew such rubbish?

I have a female friend that practices lesbianism as she was forced to it when she was in boarding house. She left the school because of this, she couldn't tell her parent why she left. When they asked, she said they were not teaching very well in the school. Ever since, she's been trying to dump it. When I told her about how man-loving-men have been disturbing me, she herself told me that it's not good, that I should not allow homosexuals around me.
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by obinna120: 2:31pm On Jul 01, 2011
whether you people here believe it or not,its everywhere in nigeria.go to manjam.com and bgclive.com.check nigerian section and see for yourself.its an orientation that one is exposed to  from childhood that one cant do anything about except internal personal conflict.if you are not one you shouldnt condem another.
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by Reference(m): 3:00pm On Jul 01, 2011
FIFA won't allow us run the game as we want to in this country. Now they want to re-write our laws too. What next, our constitution. ? angry angry angry angry
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by victorazy(m): 3:01pm On Jul 01, 2011
@ Dolemite
You must be one of those imbalanced human beings out there
Your talking about this stupid act being practiced here before the white came.
How many Nigerian movies that has proved that "Things Fall Apart" or?
But have you watched "Spartacus"
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by thisisEMP: 4:29pm On Jul 01, 2011
KUDOS TO HER, BUT I AM SAD BECAUSE THEY ARE ELIMINATED.

Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by duchessemi(f): 5:41pm On Jul 01, 2011
@Dis is EMP

Dont be sad, It d rite thing 2 do, Am sure she must have tried talking dem(lesbians) out of dis shameful act
And dey remained adamant, If she had nt kicked dem out, dey mite end up seducing d whole falcons team!! embarassed shocked MTCHEEW
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 01, 2011
She has a right to inform the world of her view taking in the fact that Homosexuality is a deviant culture in Nigeria and not an acceptable norm.

However, she could have use some tact knowing fully well that homosexuality is tolerated and acceptable by  many other countries.

Aside, I believe it is not right to dismiss homo players. it offends the provision of the Nigerian constitution which provides that no one should be denied his/right on the ground of sexuality. However, she should caution homo players to keep their sexuality private as we heterosexuals do not go about displaying our sexuality.

All in all, let us be tolerance of our homo friends even if we hate them with unabashed passion.
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 01, 2011
Same-sex or not, these girls are the only ones bringing any kind of glory home for Nigeria in terms of football. There job is to play football and win. That's what they've done. What they do in their bedrooms, or who they have feelings for? That's absolutely none of our business.

For those supporting Uche because it's illegal, is she a politician? Is she a police officer? No. She's a football coach. Homosexuality does not hinder these girls and their talents the way drugs and/or alcoholism would. Una need help.
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by Sagamite(m): 11:45pm On Jul 01, 2011
ogugua88:

Same-sex or not, these girls are the only ones bringing any kind of glory home for Nigeria in terms of football. There job is to play football and win. That's what they've done. What they do in their bedrooms, or who they have feelings for? That's absolutely none of our business.

[b]For those supporting Uche because it's illegal, is she a politician? Is she a police officer? No. She's a football coach. Homosexuality does not hinder these girls and their talents the way drugs and/or alcoholism would. [/b]Una need help.

[All these childish arguments] undecided

When someone is a coach, they are responsible for team moral and bonding.

Teams that bond well, members each other and are in high spirit, will on average perform better than peers in any competitive team sport or even professional environment. Team members all shower and dress in the same vicinity. If one of the team members is trying to throw unwanted and disgusting advances at fellow team mates, and the team mate is revolted by it, it can destroy team spirit and moral which is bad for performance.

These are lessbians, they are attracted to other women. Putting them in a place with women they can see unclothed is like putting me in the Miss World contestants dressing room, there are bound to be a lot of them I "respond" to and I will try my luck by approaching some of them. The coach is well within her rights and her duty to get read of such obstacles, more so as it is an illegal activity.

I still don't expect you to get it. You are an example of how kids are brainwashed in the West and no logically argument will change it since you have been told it is "bigotry", "discrimination", "human rights", "backwardness" etc. And it has been forced robustly and repeatedly into your head from all points from your teen progammes to soaps. It has been done so well and so methodologically that no logical argument that disproves any of the NUMEROUS lame arguments can work anymore.
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jul 01, 2011
You again? All she said was that it was a problem. Problem to who? Were any of the players complaining? I doubt it. They're not strangers to one another; they are/were teammates. I'm sure they already knew who was homosexual and who was not amongst themselves, and that boundaries had been set. So, kicking off players because she doesn't like who they fancy is utmost rubbish.

All I'll say to you is that it wasn't brainwashing from soaps or programmes as a teen that pushed me towards advocating equal rights for homosexuals; it was lying and propaganda from Church and people of Christianity. I won't be responding to you again.
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by pelezico: 12:10am On Jul 02, 2011
Criticizing homosexuality in todays very intolerant world is truly bold.  I applaud her for her bold stand.  Its a shame that we have certain post modern progressives here who have criticized her, talking that tired yarn about it being 2011 and how the world has moved on - nonsense.  Here's Obama apologists trying to force their disgusting behavior/mind set on those who know that homosexuality is nothing but sin.  

nwanma7480 you're brainwashed with Euro/American sentiments full stop.  These are the same sentiments that have held black people back by the so called liberal left.  And to be blunt the real HOMOPHOBES are those who fear the convictions of real men  and women who refuse to allow this disgusting and degenerate  value system to be imposed on theres.  Homophobia is actually another hijacked word that actually means "the fear of men".  I love "real" men.  I am one myself - love my wife and children and support them with every effort i can afford.  
ing
You dont see real men hanging around public toilets or the parks late at night. We dont have multiple partners.  We dont waste tax payers money by being admitted to the hospital to remove aerosol cans from the inside of our bottoms. We don't engage in violent acts where the persons bottom is left bleeding profusely.  

Homos hate people who have convictions and will use everything at there disposal (fear mongering thru the media and the use of force by LAW) to silence them.  Real men stand by their convictions even if it means lost of life so who cares about a silly tourney.  Blessed the lady for not given in to nonsense.  

By the way judging by those who i know personally who are saved and living for Christ ( former homos) this practice is not normal.  Your conscience goes first as you continue to violate it then as it says in Romans Ch1 God leaves them to themselves to violate themselves. Thats sad.

God bless -
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by Sagamite(m): 12:11am On Jul 02, 2011
ogugua88:

You again? All she said was that it was a problem. Problem to who? Were any of the players complaining? I doubt it. They're not strangers to one another; they are/were teammates. I'm sure they already knew who was Same-sex and who was not amongst themselves, and that boundaries had been set. So, kicking off players because she doesn't like who they fancy is utmost rubbish.

All I'll say to you is that it wasn't brainwashing from soaps or programmes as a teen that pushed me towards advocating equal rights for homosexuals; it was lying and propaganda from Church and people of Christianity. I won't be responding to you again.

She said they "were a real problem" without specifying in what way. How do you know the players did not complain? The fact that someone says they are not interested and sets boundaries have ever been totally sufficient in human history of lust? There are no men that will still chase women that have expressed lack of interest or vice versa? How do you know what happened or not? You will only find something logical as long as it is pro-poof, that is the normal western pro-Same-sex brainwashing outcome.
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by Nobody: 12:14am On Jul 02, 2011
ogugua88:

You again? All she said was that it was a problem. Problem to who? Were any of the players complaining? I doubt it. They're not strangers to one another; they are/were teammates. I'm sure they already knew who was Same-sex and who was not amongst themselves, and that boundaries had been set. So, kicking off players because she doesn't like who they fancy is utmost rubbish.

do u knw what is going on in the locker room?? do u even knw how homo ppl acts to other people??
they act like every1 should be homo, and tends to come up with you with that? they wants your kids to knw they are homo, so he can like them and give in to it?? smh,
ogugua88:

yes it is brainwashing, cause christianity is not the only religion that desist this
muslim, bhuddist, kurumaraji, ifa, orunmila, everything desist from this
my culture does, n am pretty sure, they will murder u, if they do it i ibo land bck in the days
morality does, everything
but once yall go to the west, u bring nonsense back home cry cry cry cry
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by mrofficial(m): 12:16am On Jul 02, 2011
ogugua88:

And from your own view, it wasn't a problem to the team? How did the coach know that the act was going on? And did you expect them straight-ones to come out and tell us on national television? Has the coach told us how she found out and how she recognised the l[i]e[/i]sbians?

I'll advise you to read Sagamites post again.

Sagamite:

[All these childish arguments] undecided

These are lessbians, they are attracted to other women. Putting them in a place with women they can see unclothed is like putting me in the Miss World contestants dressing room, there are bound to be a lot of them I "respond" to and I will try my luck by approaching some of them. The coach is well within her rights and her duty to get read of such obstacles, more so as it is an illegal activity.

Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by honeric01(m): 12:21am On Jul 02, 2011
Una still dey argue for wetin Uche talk? so she does not have the right to say what she wants again because some asslovers are around? undecided
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by Nobody: 12:55am On Jul 02, 2011
i just figured out the last thing u wanna do is argue about how gay is immoral with sum1 who grew up in the west, they will curse u out sad
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by semid4lyfe(m): 1:21am On Jul 02, 2011
No be Na wa, na real wa!

For y'all criticizing Uche Eucharia, her anti-G.A.Y stand and outspokeness against lesbianism was one of the things that got her the Falcons job in the first place. I recall it was shortly after she delivered a lecture on lesbianism in a womens football seminar in 2009 that she was commended by Sanni Lulu and appointed as the Super Falcons coach so I ain't surprised by this.

http://www.esinislam.com/News200903/NigerianNews/NigerianNews_0323.htm

I'd only blame her for the lack of exposure which made her speak out and voice her opinions in that kinda  environment (A western Nation - Germany) & setting (A FIFA Womens World Cup) not knowing that the kinda response she got here wouldn't be the kind she'll get in "ilu Oyinbo".

Lol. . .shey una no see sey she talk am with pride like sey na major & big achievement not knowing that she'll be getting a lot of flak? grin
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by mensdept: 1:44am On Jul 02, 2011
We dont need lesbians in our squad. Yet, the coach should also win some games so that Nairalanders and FIFA will have other things to discuss
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by Nobody: 3:39am On Jul 02, 2011
ogugua88:

For those supporting Uche because it's illegal, is she a politician? Is she a police officer? No. She's a football coach. Homosexuality does not hinder these girls and their talents the way drugs and/or alcoholism would. Una need help.
Methinks that this coach was worried about the lesbians in her team raping the heterosexual female footballers in the same team while they are in the locker room.We all know how mentally unbalanced a number of gays are and we have heard stories of straight women even getting raped by lesbians.
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by Sagamite(m): 5:42am On Jul 02, 2011
Donlittle:

i just figured out the last thing u wanna do is argue about how man-lover is immoral with sum1 who grew up in the west, they will curse u out  sad

In most cases that is true.

They are so brainwashed that their blood boils as they think this is their Martin Luther King moment and would not risk losing the moment no matter the superior argument given that has flawed the lame logic they were brainwashed with. Lame logics like "it is two consenting adults", "No one is being harmed", "It is human rights" etc that they frequently and carelessly regurgitate at a drop of a pen like restricted robotic computer programmes. They have been told it is not "modern" to not accept dykes and poofs. They are desperate to be modern and separate themselves from the "backward" people that are not "cool".
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by Nobody: 6:04am On Jul 02, 2011
tom28:
Methinks that this coach was worried about the lady-loving-ladies in her team Desecrating the heterosexual female footballers in the same team while they are in the locker room[b].We all know how mentally unbalanced a number of man-loving-men are[/b] and we have heard stories of straight women even getting violated by lady-loving-ladies.

You're a clown.

To all of you, I'm brainwashed, however, I do wonder how many homosexuals all of you have encountered to jump to your conclusions. I've seen both sides of the sense and can tell you that one side isn't greener than the other; they're the same. I have Same-sex friends. I have Same-sex and bisexual coworkers. I have attended political events and rallies with them. I have attended fundraisers and awareness events with them. I have gone to school with them. I can tell you that they are just as normal and human as any heterosexual person and I highly respect them. The kind of people all of you are describing? I have never seen or met anyone like that, and I have attended man-lover events, such as man-lover Pride Day, or events where they are plenty, like AIDS Fundraiser Walk.

Until I hear of any incident coming from that locker room, I will support FIFA if they decide to ban Falcons from competitions. No one is asking anyone to accept or conform to homosexuality. Just leave them alone. Stop out-casting them.
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by maximum007(m): 6:54am On Jul 02, 2011
I think the coach is right for trying to keep her team clean. At least I've heard of some of the same-sex sexual harassment that goes on in some of our campuses. Imagine that happening to someone with a match to play? A disastrous performance is to be expected.
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by Sagamite(m): 8:02am On Jul 02, 2011
ogugua88:

You're a clown.

To all of you, I'm brainwashed, however, I do wonder how many homosexuals all of you have encountered to jump to your conclusions. I've seen both sides of the sense and can tell you that one side isn't greener than the other; they're the same. I have Same-sex friends. I have Same-sex and bisexual coworkers. I have attended political events and rallies with them. I have attended fundraisers and awareness events with them. I have gone to school with them. I can tell you that they are just as normal and human as any heterosexual person and I highly respect them. The kind of people all of you are describing? I have never seen or met anyone like that, and I have attended man-lover events, such as man-lover Pride Day, or events where they are plenty, like AIDS Fundraiser Walk.

I pretty much sure you have friends that are (and have worked with) paedophiles too. They can function as normal human beings and can be nice, convivial people to get along with, not some shady looking people that you will feel, if you lose your guard for a second, will dig a dagger in you and reap out your liver to eat raw whilst relishing drinking your bile.

To summarise, no one (with sense) is saying or will say homosexuals can not function as normal human beings or don't look like human beings. Even paedophiles can. I am yet to see one with horns and fangs. But the argument that they look normal and are friendly is a lame excuse to justify the warped desire.

ogugua88:

Until I hear of any incident coming from that locker room, I will support FIFA if they decide to ban Falcons from competitions. No one is asking anyone to accept or conform to homosexuality. Just leave them alone. Stop out-casting them.

You are extremely mistaken. FIFA cannot, are not and do not intend to do anything that can be termed as punishment to the coach or Nigeria. They can only plead she refrains from doing such as it is not helpful.

In my opinion, she was wrong. You are at a FIFA event, FIFA is an organisation dealing with people with different cultures and sensitivities, they just want to organise football. Refrain from doing or saying anything that will take the focus away from the fun of watching football.

When you are not at a FIFA event, you can say and do as you please and who doesn't like it can go to HELL.

Even if a Arab Muslim country decides not to include a Xtian player in their team, FIFA cannot do nada about it except to plead for tolerance, talkless of excluding dykes and poofs.
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by oladayo042: 9:35am On Jul 02, 2011
One of the reasons Osama hate the West with pride till his "death".

A line from his "Letter to America"
(2)(a) We call you to be a people of manners, principles, honour, and purity; to reject the immoral acts of fornication, homosexuality, intoxicants, gambling's, and trading with interest.

West and their homosexuality (freedom and liberty) palaver
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by Delafruita(m): 10:42am On Jul 02, 2011
Eucharia uche decided to exercise her freedom of speech at the wrong place.FIFA was right to caution her.however i support her action of throwing lezbeans off her team.if she feels thy would distract the others or make them defensive.i can only imagine the team in the shower or changing room and the girls know that some of them might get aroused just by seeing them nude.this could lead to unhealthy affection,wooing etc which ultimately leads to distraction.that was the same argument that had been used to prevent gays from serving in the US rmy till clinton,after much diplomacy and negotiation and despite much opposition from congress and the joint chiefs then headed by colin powell,was able to create the "dont-ask dont-tell" policy which meant that the army wouldnt ask if a person were gay and a person serving in the army couldnt openly be gay.obama promised to improve on that by allowing gays serve openly in the army and though he has succeeded in pushing it through congress, a lot of people believe its implementation would be hard and would take a longtime.i totally support eucharia uche on this
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by Delafruita(m): 10:56am On Jul 02, 2011
Eucharia uche decided to exercise her freedom of speech at the wrong place.FIFA was right to caution her.however i support her action of throwing lezbeans off her team.if she feels thy would distract the others or make them defensive.i can only imagine the team in the shower or changing room and the girls know that some of them might get aroused just by seeing them nude.this could lead to unhealthy affection,wooing etc which ultimately leads to distraction.that was the same argument that had been used to prevent gays from serving in the US rmy till clinton,after much diplomacy and negotiation and despite much opposition from congress and the joint chiefs then headed by colin powell,was able to create the "dont-ask dont-tell" policy which meant that the army wouldnt ask if a person were gay and a person serving in the army couldnt openly be gay.obama promised to improve on that by allowing gays serve openly in the army and though he has succeeded in pushing it through congress, a lot of people believe its implementation would be hard and would take a longtime.i totally support eucharia uche on this
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by Dede1(m): 12:50pm On Jul 02, 2011
ogugua88:

You're a clown.

It is silly you are huffing to defend homosexuality but failed blindly to understand the coach and Nigeria have right to indulge in heterosexuality including selecting only heterosexual players into Falcon team. European, USA and FIFA can not impose odd behaviors on Africans under the auspices of silly pretence of civilization. If homosexuality is part of civilization, I shall decline.
Re: Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia by Vieira(m): 2:04pm On Jul 02, 2011
Jizos!
If you people think homosexuality is a western disease then you deluded.
It is just as common in naija and has been for ages, the only difference is it is done undercover due to the intolerance of society.
Are we now to choose teams on morality? If so make dem chase all the girls nit married but having sex now, shebi that is immoral?
Naija dey always act holier than thou but now them wicked pass.
nonsense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup / Confederation Cup: Dana Air Flies Akwa United As Team Heads To Tunisia / Netherlands Vs Qatar: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022: (2 - 0) On 29th Nov 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.