Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,136 members, 7,835,810 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

The Only Correct Way To Drive In Lagos State - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Only Correct Way To Drive In Lagos State (28197 Views)

How To Drive In Lagos.... Agbero Edition / 10 Most Dangerous Place To Drive In The World, Lagos Makes The List / Is It Possible To Drive In Nigeria With An EU Driving Licence? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Only Correct Way To Drive In Lagos State by Ola17: 5:34pm On Mar 17, 2022
BigCabal:
[s]Driving in Lagos state is not the same as driving anywhere else in the world m. Here’s what you need to know if you want to learn how to drive correctly in Lagos.

Have a spare car in your compound
Driving in Lagos means you should have a spare car in your house. Because if , the real owners of the car decide to help you bash it, will you now be left with nothing? If you want to drive and you don’t have a spare car, better enter a cab.

Drop your sanity at home
Lagos roads are not a place for people with sound minds. They’re for people who have nothing to lose. When you decide to drive on a Lagos road, you need to embody the spirit of someone who can do anyhow at any time. Scary stuff, but it needs to be done.

Always have enough food stuff in your car
With traffic that often lasts longer than the will to live, you should always make sure that you have enough to cook. As a passenger, you can sleep and pretend to not be hungry. However, if you’re driving, you need all the energy. You fit make sharp-sharp amala.

Remember that you’re never wrong
In Lagos, everyone that drives is right. Even if they’re passing one-way or bashing your car, they’re right. You too need to embody the spirit of always being right.

LASTMA is your biggest opp
As you drive, have it at the back of your mind. LASTMA officers are out for blood, so don’t give them any. Complete papers, fire extinguisher, and whatever else they need. If not, the billing that’ll occur will wreck you.

Pedestrians are a suggestion
To drive in Lagos state, you don’t rate pedestrians. The road was not built with them in mind, so why will you drive with them in mind?

Refresh your insults vocabulary
Every morning before you enter the road, refresh the insults in your vocabulary. Driving in Lagos means you have to be constantly innovating with your insultive creativity.

Have your therapist on speed dial
Driving in Lagos will traumatise you, so you should have the person that’ll un-traumatise you. If you didn’t have a therapist before, better go and book one before you hit the road.

Source[/s]

This type of idiotic article only tends to further reinforce the equally idiotic culture of irresponsibility prevalent in Nigeria.

Instead of using the power of media to sanitize and reinvent our way of thinking and way of doing things, just look at!

2 Likes

Re: The Only Correct Way To Drive In Lagos State by Lightorder: 5:40pm On Mar 17, 2022
lloydtruth:

Very soon the Okoros will deport you back to your ogbomosho.
last three weeks, the bloody lazy things sold their family compound in my area, leaving only the spot where their grandma was buried. They are waiting for Nigerian to be divided so that they can possess the duplexes built by Okoros. Lol! They think that is how it works. Just last night , I was told that a guy who bought half a plot behind my own for about 2 years now , was asked pay for the entrance. Very funny people. Reason , they came around and saw the mighty duplex he erected and they hell was set off. The guy still gave them the crumbs they needed. Funny people everywhere
Re: The Only Correct Way To Drive In Lagos State by Passionate1(m): 5:40pm On Mar 17, 2022
kiltoko1:
Above all.... Be a defensive driver.... driving to save life and property... hope you get the point now
grin

99% Nigerians no Sabi shitttt about defensive driving. .common zebra crossing dem no dey respect. .
Dem no Sabi say, Road respect begins from pedestrian Respect. . .

1 Like

Re: The Only Correct Way To Drive In Lagos State by fitinwell: 5:52pm On Mar 17, 2022
BigCabal:
Driving in Lagos state is not the same as driving anywhere else in the world m. Here’s what you need to know if you want to learn how to drive correctly in Lagos.

Have a spare car in your compound
Driving in Lagos means you should have a spare car in your house. Because if , the real owners of the car decide to help you bash it, will you now be left with nothing? If you want to drive and you don’t have a spare car, better enter a cab.

Drop your sanity at home
Lagos roads are not a place for people with sound minds. They’re for people who have nothing to lose. When you decide to drive on a Lagos road, you need to embody the spirit of someone who can do anyhow at any time. Scary stuff, but it needs to be done.

Always have enough food stuff in your car
With traffic that often lasts longer than the will to live, you should always make sure that you have enough to cook. As a passenger, you can sleep and pretend to not be hungry. However, if you’re driving, you need all the energy. You fit make sharp-sharp amala.

Remember that you’re never wrong
In Lagos, everyone that drives is right. Even if they’re passing one-way or bashing your car, they’re right. You too need to embody the spirit of always being right.

LASTMA is your biggest opp
As you drive, have it at the back of your mind. LASTMA officers are out for blood, so don’t give them any. Complete papers, fire extinguisher, and whatever else they need. If not, the billing that’ll occur will wreck you.

Pedestrians are a suggestion
To drive in Lagos state, you don’t rate pedestrians. The road was not built with them in mind, so why will you drive with them in mind?

Refresh your insults vocabulary
Every morning before you enter the road, refresh the insults in your vocabulary. Driving in Lagos means you have to be constantly innovating with your insultive creativity.

Have your therapist on speed dial
Driving in Lagos will traumatise you, so you should have the person that’ll un-traumatise you. If you didn’t have a therapist before, better go and book one before you hit the road.

Source

Why nobody mentioned Benin city... [img][/img]
Re: The Only Correct Way To Drive In Lagos State by Pharaoh4rin(m): 5:55pm On Mar 17, 2022
Zzyco:

All you just said are the basic characteristics of Lagosians. A city full of depressed people, calm down, we have are everywhere.

I am in both Lagos and Abuja. Though I'm young in Abuja but I sure the difference. Trust me. Go to club or church or event or estate and you'll see what I'm saying
Re: The Only Correct Way To Drive In Lagos State by BigDawsNet: 5:56pm On Mar 17, 2022
Kilometres:

Liar! There's no where like SW to Lagos.
If this was true, you would mention the SW Town you were coming from not just say SW.

But, the truth is...you are one of the developers who is scared of bashing

grin Web Developer abi Estate Developer
Re: The Only Correct Way To Drive In Lagos State by Norse36: 6:13pm On Mar 17, 2022
Zonefree:
Lagos drivers still dey trek where Warri drivers dey when it comes to insults vocabulary.

The kind words a Warri taxi driver go throw give you will make you have a rethink about your life. You will enter 5 minutes sober reflection about your whole life.

You say wah? sad

Dem don call you "Omo ale jati jati before?

Na Lagos be that
Re: The Only Correct Way To Drive In Lagos State by Nobody: 6:14pm On Mar 17, 2022
Zzyco:
Lagos, drivers drop your craziness before you reach river Niger bridge, no carry that attitude to Abuja. People here live life with caution.
I miss Abuja somehow sha but money dey Lagos grin
Re: The Only Correct Way To Drive In Lagos State by NamelessOGBENI(m): 6:16pm On Mar 17, 2022
In summary:
No loose guard when you deh road make pelzin no run you trenches one time.
Re: The Only Correct Way To Drive In Lagos State by Abdogood(m): 6:18pm On Mar 17, 2022
The worst are those korope, kabukabu and yellow bus. They guys have only one thing in mind. Bully all small private owners but if ur car is above 70million. Then you are safe in lagos. No bosy wan je gbese...
Re: The Only Correct Way To Drive In Lagos State by Hakeem3(m): 6:32pm On Mar 17, 2022
Zonefree:
Lagos drivers still dey trek where Warri drivers dey when it comes to insults vocabulary.

The kind words a Warri taxi driver go throw give you will make you have a rethink about your life. You will enter 5 minutes sober reflection about your whole life.

Lol.. can you drop some lines pls?
Re: The Only Correct Way To Drive In Lagos State by scottyoloye(m): 6:38pm On Mar 17, 2022
I made a mistake while driving around Alausa sometime last year; the next thing I heard was “ Werey!! Orun owo lopolo e wa” meaning na for your wrist your sense dey. Laugh won kill me

4 Likes

Re: The Only Correct Way To Drive In Lagos State by Bbbw: 6:38pm On Mar 17, 2022
Hmmmm
Re: The Only Correct Way To Drive In Lagos State by okoroemeka(m): 7:30pm On Mar 17, 2022
Aderewah:
Let’s deport all the Okoro back to their enclaves so we can enjoy our lagos without stress
if wishes are horses then beggars will ride,we must stay there whether you like it or not,it is one Nigeria

1 Like

Re: The Only Correct Way To Drive In Lagos State by Aderewah: 8:29pm On Mar 17, 2022
okoroemeka:
if wishes are horses then beggars will ride,we must stay there whether you like it or not,it is one Nigeria

Okoro fight for beerfra
Re: The Only Correct Way To Drive In Lagos State by FahBuLous: 12:02am On Mar 18, 2022
The op hasn't visited Onitsha obviously grin grin
Lagos de learn work for where Onitsha driver's dey...

In Onitsha driving schools, they take time to teach the drivers how to drive with one hand and use the other hand to give "Waka"

1 Like

Re: The Only Correct Way To Drive In Lagos State by elinaxy(m): 1:38am On Mar 18, 2022
All these about Lagos scare me a lot, I've been in Abuja for long now I just hope I can cope in lagos because soon I'll be traveling over
Re: The Only Correct Way To Drive In Lagos State by henrixx(m): 6:55am On Mar 18, 2022
this is quite extreme. I drive around Lagos daily and all these doesn't apply. maybe it applies to bus drivers who are always rugged. drive responsibly and you'll have no issues

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Truck Falls On Keke Nepap In Abule Egba (pics) / 15 Annoying Things Our Neighbours Do With Their Cars / How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.