Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,898 members, 7,834,982 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

If He Marries Another Woman... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If He Marries Another Woman... (3818 Views)

Apostle Peter Tom Udofia Marries 18-Year-Old Choir Member (Photos) / Prophet Evidence Chikason Divorces His Wife, Marries Choir Mistress In Delta / LEAKED: Pastor David Spotted Eating Another Woman's A*s And Va*ina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

If He Marries Another Woman... by AntiChristian: 11:47am On Mar 16, 2022
If he marries another woman, he must not deprive the first one of her food, clothing and marital rights.
Exodus 21:10

Yahweh makes laws protecting the First wife & previous wives here.
Note that this verse comes only 22 verses AFTER the 7th Commandment ("Thou shalt not commit adultery"wink in Exodus 20:14.

Moses wrote all these yet he still married two wives.

And Moses had a high holy Spirit level in Numbers 11:25

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:30pm On Mar 16, 2022
AntiChristian:
If he marries another woman, he must not deprive the first one of her food, clothing and marital rights.Exodus 21:10

Well no imperfect man fulfilled the highlighted that's why all polygamous homes recorded in the Bible had serious issues.
Abraham was advised by his barren wife Sarah to sleep with her slave he didn't purposely got married to another woman until Sarah's death. Isaac married only Rebecca and Jacob married Leah and Rachel due to the trick of Laban.
So none of the patriarchs purposely got a second wife! smiley
Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by AntiChristian: 3:32pm On Mar 16, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Well no imperfect man fulfilled the highlighted that's why all polygamous homes recorded in the Bible had serious issues.
Abraham was advised by his barren wife Sarah to sleep with her slave he didn't purposely got married to another woman until Sarah's death. Isaac married only Rebecca and Jacob married Leah and Rachel due to the trick of Laban.
So none of the patriarchs purposely got a second wife! smiley
This is not the Problem. The Problem is why does Jehovah give laws like the above if truly polygamy is forbidden according to most Christians if not all i have met?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:52pm On Mar 16, 2022
AntiChristian:

This is not the Problem. The Problem is why does Jehovah give laws like the above if truly polygamy is forbidden according to most Christians if not all i have met?

The laws can't make them perfect but to guide the Israelites until the Messiah (Christ) comes, unlike Moses who presented the laws and failed to live perfectly by it.
Jesus laid down perfect principles and lived by it.
So Jehovah gave the Israelites the laws to guide them until the coming of the perfect master (Christ) smiley

1 Like

Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by AntiChristian: 3:59pm On Mar 16, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

The laws can't make them perfect but to guide the Israelites until the Messiah (Christ) comes, unlike Moses who presented the laws and failed to live perfectly by it.
Jesus laid down perfect principles and lived by it.
So Jehovah gave the Israelites the laws to guide them until the coming of the perfect master (Christ) smiley

Where did the Messiah say he came to alter the laws of Moses? Have you forgotten Matthew 5:17?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:11pm On Mar 16, 2022
AntiChristian:

Where did the Messiah say he came to alter the laws of Moses? Have you forgotten Matthew 5:17?

He came to FULFILL what the scriptures said about him and once it has been fulfilled the Israelites no longer needed the Mosaic laws but the Christ: 1Corinthians 11:4

I will raise up for them from the midst of their brothers a prophet like you, and I will put my words in his mouth, and he will speak to them all that I command him. Indeed, I will require an account from the man who will not listen to my words that he will speak in my name. Deuteronomy 18:18-19

Why would God raised up another prophet again if the laws is all that they needed for their salvation? Act 3:22

2 Likes

Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by AntiChristian: 4:31pm On Mar 16, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

He came to FULFILL what the scriptures said about him and once it has been fulfilled the Israelites no longer needed the Mosaic laws but the Christ: 1Corinthians 11:4
Why quote Paul to counter Matthew where Jesus categorically said he never come to abolish the law of Moses( Matt 5:17) Did Jesus abolish the law of Moses? If yes, then Mat 5:17 is a lie!

I will raise up for them from the midst of their brothers a prophet like you, and I will put my words in his mouth, and he will speak to them all that I command him. Indeed, I will require an account from the man who will not listen to my words that he will speak in my name. Deuteronomy 18:18-19
Jesus was not a Prophet according to Christians. He is Angel Michael to you right? Is Gabriel a Prophet too? Maybe the verse is for Muhammad. Cos Arabs are the brothers of the Israelites....

Why would God raised up another prophet again if the laws is all that they needed for their salvation? Act 3:22
Which Prophet? Did Jesus call himself a Prophet?

1 Like

Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:46pm On Mar 16, 2022
AntiChristian:
Why quote Paul to counter Matthew where Jesus categorically said he never come to abolish the law of Moses( Matt 5:17) Did Jesus abolish the law of Moses? If yes, then Mat 5:17 is a lie!
Well the law taught them many things that Jesus abolished if you must know.
For instance it's written in their laws that they must fight to protect Jerusalem but Jesus taught them never to defend Jerusalem.
The law says they can divorce their wives if they're no longer pleased with her but Jesus said that's no longer acceptable.
The law say they must love their friends and hate their enemies but Jesus said they must love their enemies.
The law says they must stone sinners to death but Jesus says they mustn't do so if they themselves are sinners.
So my friend, the Jews knew very well that Jesus has come to change so many things they know before his coming!
AntiChristian:

Jesus was not a Prophet according to Christians. He is Angel Michael to you right? Is Gabriel a Prophet too? Maybe the verse is for Muhammad. Cos Arabs are the brothers of the Israelites....
A messenger of God is a prophet, the only difference between Jesus and all other prophets is because he's a perfect man who will lead mankind to salvation (Messiah)
Muhammad is not their brothers in any way, their brothers are the twelve tribes of Israel.
Even the descendants of Esau they never view as their brothers talkless those of Ishmael that's far far away from them!
AntiChristian:

Which Prophet? Did Jesus call himself a Prophet?
YES! When he emphasized that Moses spoke about him! smiley

1 Like

Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by AntiChristian: 4:51pm On Mar 16, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Well the law taught them many things that Jesus abolished if you must know.
For instance it's written in their laws that they must fight to protect Jerusalem but Jesus taught them never to defend Jerusalem.
The law says they can divorce their wives if they're no longer pleased with her but Jesus said that's no longer acceptable.
The law say they must love their friends and hate their enemies but Jesus said they must love their enemies.
The law says they must stone sinners to death but Jesus says they mustn't do so if they themselves are sinners.
So my friend, the Jews knew very well that Jesus has come to change so many things they know before his coming!
Thank you for proving Jesus told a lie in Matthew 5:17.

A messenger of God is a prophet, the only difference between Jesus and all other prophets is because he's a perfect man who will lead mankind to salvation (Messiah)
Muhammad is not their brothers in any way, their brothers are the twelve tribes of Israel.
Even the descendants of Esau they never view as their brothers talkless those of Ishmael that's far far away from them!
Sorry they are not their brothers but enemies!
A prophet like Moses. Moses was a Polygamous man while you Jehovah witness call Jesus a monogamist Angel Michael.

YES! When he emphasized that Moses spoke about him! smiley[/quote] Where did Moses spoke about Angel Michael- Jesus?

2 Likes

Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:13pm On Mar 16, 2022
AntiChristian:
Thank you for proving Jesus told a lie in Matthew 5:17.
Sorry they are not their brothers but enemies!
A prophet like Moses. Moses was a Polygamous man while you Jehovah witness call Jesus a monogamist Angel Michael.
YES! When he emphasized that Moses spoke about him! smiley Where did Moses spoke about Angel Michael- Jesus?

When you want to joke you know i won't start that with you so since i've established what Jesus stands for it's left for you either to accept Jesus as your personal Lord and Saviour or stick to your Islam with Muhammad.
No wahala! smiley
Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by Dtruthspeaker: 8:50pm On Mar 16, 2022
AntiChristian:

Married twice is not the same as 2 wives but evils like you must always resort to Lies and pervasions
Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by AntiChristian: 8:26am On Mar 17, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Married twice is not the same as 2 wives but evils like you must always resort to Lies and pervasions

Bring a verse that says his first wife died before he married the second. You Christians sabi tell illogical lies. Since the wife was never proclaimed dead before Moses married the second, logically we ought to be believe in the status quo that the wife was still alive when he married the second wife. Otherwise, we would have been informed of her death!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by AntiChristian: 8:57am On Mar 17, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

When you want to joke you know i won't start that with you so since i've established what Jesus stands for it's left for you either to accept Jesus as your personal Lord and Saviour or stick to your Islam with Muhammad.
No wahala! smiley

Of cos you will need to show me who Jesus told during his whole life time to accept him as Lord and Saviour?

And Jesus said to Maximus "Accept me as your Lord and Savior" MaxInDHouse 11:1

1 Like

Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:09am On Mar 17, 2022
AntiChristian:

Of cos you will need to show me who Jesus told during his whole life time to accept him as Lord and Saviour?
And Jesus said to Maximus "Accept me as your Lord and Savior" MaxInDHouse 11:1

"You call me ’Teacher’ and ’Lord,’ and rightly so, for that is what I am. John 13:13 smiley

1 Like

Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by AntiChristian: 9:51am On Mar 17, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

"You call me ’Teacher’ and ’Lord,’ and rightly so, for that is what I am. John 13:13 smiley

Was it lord or LORD or Lord and how can we differentiate?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:17pm On Mar 17, 2022
AntiChristian:

Was it lord or LORD or Lord and how can we differentiate?

I really appreciate this question!

The title "Lord" connotes "owner" which means someone having authority over another, so Jesus has the authority over all other living things apart from Jehovah who is LORD over Jesus! smiley

1 Like

Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by AntiChristian: 2:03pm On Mar 17, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

I really appreciate this question!

The title "Lord" connotes "owner" which means someone having authority over another, so Jesus has the authority over all other living things apart from Jehovah who is LORD over Jesus! smiley

PERSONAL LORD AND SAVIOR......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:32pm On Mar 17, 2022
AntiChristian:

PERSONAL LORD AND SAVIOR......

Lord and Saviour comes from what God said in that Bible book of Matthew 17:5
If there's no other person God ever declared like that then Jesus must be accepted as the only role model all men should look up to, failure to do so simply means you are on your own! smiley
Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by AntiChristian: 2:39pm On Mar 17, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Lord and Saviour comes from what God said in that Bible book of Matthew 17:5
If there's no other person God ever declared like that then Jesus must be accepted as the only role model all men should look up to, failure to do so simply means you are on your own! smiley

So in essence, Jesus never told anyone to accept him as LORD and Personal savior!

Alright. Since Jesus never put it like that, then don't put it like that!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:26pm On Mar 17, 2022
AntiChristian:

So in essence, Jesus never told anyone to accept him as LORD and Personal savior!
Alright. Since Jesus never put it like that, then don't put it like that!

Well that's what anyone needs to do in order to become a Christian so since you don't want to be a Christian you can find your salvation elsewhere! smiley

1 Like

Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by AntiChristian: 3:31pm On Mar 17, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Well that's what anyone needs to do in order to become a Christian so since you don't want to be a Christian you can find your salvation elsewhere! smiley
Salvation comes from the rightful believe in the true God. Now Jesus never told anyone to accept him as lord or saviour despite preaching to thousands then why do you ask me to accept him as such?

You keep saying what Jesus never said and interpreting verses to mean what it does not mean!

I tire for you o!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by Image123(m): 3:39pm On Mar 17, 2022
AntiChristian:
If he marries another woman, he must not deprive the first one of her food, clothing and marital rights.
Exodus 21:10

Yahweh makes laws protecting the First wife & previous wives here.
Note that this verse comes only 22 verses AFTER the 7th Commandment ("Thou shalt not commit adultery"wink in Exodus 20:14.

Is there a law in the Law against two wives? Did Moses have two wives? Is the Law Moses idea?
Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:40pm On Mar 17, 2022
AntiChristian:
Salvation comes from the rightful believe in the true God. Now Jesus never told anyone to accept him as lord or saviour despite preaching to thousands then why do you ask me to accept him as such?
You keep saying what Jesus never said and interpreting verses to mean what it does not mean! I tire for you o!
When something doesn't WORK out benefits then know that it's not true but once it's yielding positive results then know that it can't be from anyone else except the one who said:

This is what Jehovah says, your Repurchaser, the Holy One of Israel: “I, Jehovah, am your God, The One teaching you to BENEFIT yourself, The One guiding you in the way you should walk. If only you would pay attention to my commandments! Then your peace would become just like a river And your righteousness like the waves of the sea. Isaiah 48:17-18

So any religion that's not yielding positive results in the gathering of adherents is FAKE Sir! wink

1 Like

Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by AntiChristian: 3:41pm On Mar 17, 2022
Image123:

Is there a law in the Law against two wives?
No!

Did Moses have two wives?
Yes!

Is the Law Moses idea?
No!

1 Like

Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by AntiChristian: 3:43pm On Mar 17, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

When something doesn't WORK out benefits then know that it's not true but once it's yielding positive results then know that it can't be from anyone else except the one who said:

This is what Jehovah says, your Repurchaser, the Holy One of Israel: “I, Jehovah, am your God, The One teaching you to BENEFIT yourself, The One guiding you in the way you should walk. If only you would pay attention to my commandments! Then your peace would become just like a river And your righteousness like the waves of the sea. Isaiah 48:17-18

So any religion that's not yielding positive results in the gathering of adherents is FAKE Sir! wink

So far how many countries has your organisation been banned?

I doubt it has been yielding positive result to be banned!
Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:45pm On Mar 17, 2022
AntiChristian:

Positivity in the sight of God surely means the opposite from the viewpoint of men.
But by their FRUITS you will know them.
Only Jehovah's Witnesses can confidently say "none of our members is involved in the ongoing slaughter in Ukraine and around the world today" Matthew 7:16-18 wink

1 Like

Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by Image123(m): 3:46pm On Mar 17, 2022
AntiChristian:
No!

Yes!

No!

So what is your problem with Moses or anyone under the Law having two wives?
Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by Image123(m): 3:49pm On Mar 17, 2022
AntiChristian:

Hehehehe. That one left his brain in the hallway. He knows nothing than mumbling how Jwickedness is the best thing in the world. Since he's not allowed much education except Awake magazines, he lacks much exposure and experience. Forgive him.

1 Like

Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by AntiChristian: 4:03pm On Mar 17, 2022
Image123:

So what is your problem with Moses or anyone under the Law having two wives?

I have no problems with marrying two wives. I am just proving it to be Biblical, not against it.

1 Like

Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by AntiChristian: 4:04pm On Mar 17, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Positivity in the sight of God surely means the opposite from the viewpoint of men.
But by their FRUITS you will know them.
Only Jehovah's Witnesses can confidently say "none of our members is involved in the ongoing slaughter in Ukraine and around the world today" Matthew 7:16-18 wink

That can't be proven. We need to ask each countries that banned you to give a statement!
Just as you have a defense, they also have theirs!

1 Like

Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:19pm On Mar 17, 2022
AntiChristian:

That can't be proven. We need to ask each countries that banned you to give a statement!
Just as you have a defense, they also have theirs!
Well Putin banned JWs in his country five years ago and today people worldwide knew why he banned the group that's preaching peace! wink

Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by AntiChristian: 4:49pm On Mar 17, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Well Putin banned JWs in his country five years ago and today people worldwide knew why he banned the group that's preaching peace! wink
grin

Same people worldwide that haven't sanctioned Israel for killing Palestinians and grabbing their lands for over 70yrs.

You agree Muslims are terrorist BUT you never call USA, Russia and their allies terrorists for their crimes/invasions especially in the middle east, Libya, Iraq, etc.

When it concerns Muslims you guys are wild!
But you are now feeling the heat but you want Justice!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion / Staged Miracles: Share Your Experience / KAG: Atheism & The Dialectics Of Spirituality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.