Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,781 members, 7,827,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? (21350 Views)

"Things Are Not Going Well For Us" Happieboys Apologise To Apostle Chinyere (vid / Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? / Lady Takes Pictures In A Church But Has Got People Talking. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by 900warriorz: 10:01am On Mar 20, 2022
It's clear

"..do not forsake the gathering of the brethren"
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by gentlegenius(m): 10:03am On Mar 20, 2022
MadamVanessa:

shocked

Do you mean that over there people are not obsessed about church as it's happening here?

Lol... it's funny here seriously. Even my own parents think that I am being possessed hence I hate going to church, only me knows that nothing is wrong with me. So much for me here.
Don't mind them. I faced same with my parents when I stopped going to church about 7 years ago. Now my father has gotten used to it and sometimes, he also stay away from church. Nowadays, people are getting to know the truth: That organized religion is the greatest SCAM the world has ever faced. The western world had known this long time ago, but Africa is still struggling to come to this reality because indeed... RELIGION HAD REALLY FRIED THE BRAINS OF SO MANY AFRICANS.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by Emrys295: 10:03am On Mar 20, 2022
If truly u believe in God as u claim, even ur conscience will answer your question.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by Sazzy001(m): 10:07am On Mar 20, 2022
Hahaha. It's just like believing/serving a diety without going to the shrine to pay regular homage. Trust me it will ask for the worshipper's head soonest..
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by gentlegenius(m): 10:07am On Mar 20, 2022
900warriorz:
It's clear

"..do not forsake the gathering of the brethren"
This is the only scripture pastors will always use to threaten you to always come to church. But you need to see the explanation of that scripture in this thread...
https://www.nairaland.com/2918205/misconceptions-hebrews-10-25-explained?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C6167982094
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by PatrickOkunima(m): 10:08am On Mar 20, 2022
ABIODUN105:
Remember the sabbath day and keep it holy
How does that translates to going to church?
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by manmade(m): 10:09am On Mar 20, 2022
ABIODUN105:
go and read the remaining part of the passage you just quoted and you will see what the Bible means by keeping it holy
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by Tom1960: 10:10am On Mar 20, 2022
You are not alone in this
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by SocialJustice: 10:11am On Mar 20, 2022
MadamVanessa:
Goodmorning Christian brethrens and to all nairalanders.

In today's society, I noticed that people seem to see those that do not go to church regularly as not being serious with their heavenly race and salvation of soul and this makes it look like one salvation of soul is tied down to going to church regularly.

I am one of such person that do not like going to church at all, but I believe so much in God and I know I am not the only one in this. This problem is faced by so many people in the world.

So is there anything wrong in one not going to church regularly but believe in God within himself or herself and try his or her best in doing the things that pleases God.
You should start reading your Bible more, it is not compulsory just like attending church but it sharpens you.

The church in Nigeria today is very toxic, barely any talk about salvation or sharing fantastic bible stories or showing love or compassion. Rather the pastor is there to fleece the congregation, members want to be seen giving money, they compete among themselves and backstab. Christianity in Nigeria is a Bible based business enterprise, it is not there for salvation but money.

You are doing nothing wrong. You are probably a better Christian than those forcing you to attend church.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by Wealthoptulent(m): 10:11am On Mar 20, 2022
MadamVanessa:

shocked

Do you mean that over there people are not obsessed about church as it's happening here?

Lol... it's funny here seriously. Even my own parents think that I am being possessed hence I hate going to church. Myself alone know that nothing is wrong with me. So much for me here seriously.
Don't hate going to church!

I shutted down with covid 19 lockdown.. that was when I went to church last! But I observe my quiet moments with God, also I fast n try to be truthful n tho I am blunt naturally! Bt I jus observed I am a way better than bench warmers in there.. religion is in heart, church is in mind

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by jamace(m): 10:11am On Mar 20, 2022
Lexusgs430:
Because religion is scam.......
Religion is not scam, BUT people are scamming religion, stealing and killing in the name of the religion.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by gentlegenius(m): 10:11am On Mar 20, 2022
Aonkuuse:
There are conditions and principles for the kingdom of God, just follow them and salvation is assured
You just said the truth, but you have to know that going to church is not part of those conditions for salvation.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by phr0nesis(m): 10:13am On Mar 20, 2022
tonididdy:

Lol this heavenly race Don tire men.
Slow and steady is the new format.
Omo heavenly race no be our mate, that race hard die. Las las Sha we go make am even if na heavenly kiosk person see for there.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by Wealthoptulent(m): 10:13am On Mar 20, 2022
ABIODUN105:
Holy not holy temple..
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by Wealthoptulent(m): 10:14am On Mar 20, 2022
KNOWMORE56:

Well. The way I have always understood this matter is:
The church services or church attendance is like a school attendance.....

I mean, in religion it's called church. In accedemy it's called school....

Now, if you should use the same question for your accedemy, what will be your answer...

What I'm saying is if your child ask you
" Mummy, is there anything wrong if I don't attend classes in the school? I'm doing my studying in the house...

*. Hebrews 10:25 " KJV: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching."

*. Leviticus 8:4 " KJV:And Moses did as the Lord commanded him; and the assembly was gathered together unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation"

Our God commands that His children be gathered before Him from time to time!

What of online school classes, office zoom meetings, CBT exams? Ain't fr the real GOAL?

@bolded is purely 90% gathering brings today, don't argue wen u see us in HEAVEN no be ZOOM oo, we dey there ni
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by Lexusgs430: 10:15am On Mar 20, 2022
jamace:
Religion is not scam, BUT people are scamming religion, stealing and killing in the name of the religion.

Semantics......... cheesy
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by gentlegenius(m): 10:15am On Mar 20, 2022
Totilopussylick:

I'm telling you the gospel truth.

You barely see signboard of churches in Germany.

Not as if there are no church here, but they are not so obsessed about it.

I went to one the very first week i arrived Europe, what I saw i was speechless.

People were smoking cigarettes in the church when the pastor was preaching cheesy.

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by Dotman2210(m): 10:15am On Mar 20, 2022
A spiritually mature Christian must identify with a Bible believing church,

Hebrews 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Acts 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of hear.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by BeardedmeatR(m): 10:17am On Mar 20, 2022
Totilopussylick:

If not because of calendar, I barely knows what the day is here in Europe.

. Because you are holed up in an enclosure doing internet fraud
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by titusmichael27(m): 10:19am On Mar 20, 2022
You're not alone in this my sister. Me like this, I can't even remember the last time I went to church but we have to be honest with ourselves and share the truth for only the truth will make us free. It's a commandment to go to church as much time as you can afford in a week. There are two things that mostly happened when we go to church. You either being strengthened or you becomes a source of strength to somebody. Sharing your testimony is paramount as this is so precious to God. I remember back then when our bishop would asked me to share a talk on the coming Sunday , I will spend the whole week going through a lot of books and scripturres that relate to the given topic and at the end it before Sunday I realized that I've learned so much in the process of preparing the talk. As a Christian you're nothing without a church. This is who we are and that why he built a church in the first place. Think about Ephesians; Ephesians 4:11-13 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

2 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by maticar: 10:19am On Mar 20, 2022
CoronaVirusPro:

So one can say the name was man made. And does not exist in Heaven as no prophet ever mentioned the name. Even in Revelations, it wasn’t still mentioned.
Is your name not man-made, even Adam called animals the names they bear....but for the sake of convention people will have to identify with a certain religious affiliation eg on birth certificate, court affidavits and all that....

all true believers of Christ are called sons of God, christians, bride of Christ, gods, brethren, pilgrim etc etc
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by shinealight(m): 10:21am On Mar 20, 2022
MadamVanessa:

In today's society, I noticed that people seem to see those that do not go to church regularly as not being serious with their heavenly race and salvation of soul and this makes it look like one salvation of soul is tied down to going to church regularly.

I am one of such person that do not like going to church at all, but I believe so much in God and I know I am not the only one in this. This problem is faced by so many people in the world.

So is there anything wrong in one not going to church regularly but believe in God within himself or herself and try his or her best in doing the things that pleases God.

I suggest you read the following and try to digest it thoroughly:
*Thou shalt keep the Sabbath Day holy!*
Who takes the trouble to experience a Commandment with his intuitive perception. Any serious-minded person should be horrified at the frivolous way in which children and adults alike treat the Commandments of their God. The Commandments are learned and superficially discussed at school. One is glad if he has taken in the words and is able to give some information, should he be asked about them. When he leaves school, to enter working life, these words are soon forgotten, and with them their meaning. This is more than enough proof of the fact that he was not really interested at all in what his Lord and God demands of him. Yet, He does not even demand anything, but gives in love to all men what they need urgently! For the Light perceived how far human beings were going astray. So, like a teacher, God faithfully showed them the way that leads to Eternal Life in the Luminous Realm of the Spirit, thus to their happiness. Whereas disobedience must lead to misfortune and ruin for mankind! Just for that reason it is not really correct to speak of Commandments. Rather they are very well-meant advice, pointing out the right way through the World of Matter, which the human spirits themselves wished to get to know. Yet, even such a beautiful thought has no effect on man. He has become far too obsessed with his own thought processes, and will see or hear nothing other than the views he himself has constructed, on the basis of his small earthly knowledge. He does not perceive how the World of Matter is constantly carrying him further, ever further, to the boundary where for the last time he is faced with Either – Or as the decision which now remains decisive for his entire existence, and according to which he must follow his path so chosen to the end, without being able to turn back from it again. Even if, in the end, recognition should come to him. It will then be too late, and the recognition will only serve to increase his torments.
To help man to gain recognition in time, in spite of his having strayed onto wrong paths, God gave him in the Third Commandment; the advice to keep the Sabbath Day holy! With the fulfillment of this Commandment there would indeed have gradually arisen for every human being, in the course of time, the longing to strive towards the Light, and with this longing the way would finally also have been revealed that would bring him upwards to the fulfillment of his wishes which, growing ever stronger would have condensed into prayer. Today, at the time of the Cosmic Turning Point man’s condition would have been different! He would be spiritualized, mature for that Kingdom which must now come.
Therefore, you listen and act so that fulfillment of the Commandment will prepare your way. Thou shalt keep the Sabbath Day holy! You! The words state quite clearly that you are to sanctify the Sabbath Day that you are to make it holy for yourself! The Sabbath Day is the hour of rest, thus when you rest from the work imposed upon you by your path on earth. But you do not sanctify the hour of rest, the day of rest, if you merely wish to care for your body. Nor will you do so by seeking diversion in games, drinking or dancing. The hour of rest should lead you to quiet reflection in your thinking and intuitive perceiving, to review your earth-life up to the present, especially always the past working days of the last week, and to draw practical applications from them for your future. Six days can always be reviewed; a longer period is easily forgotten. It is then inevitable that your intuitive perception will slowly rise to a higher level, and you will become a seeker for the Truth. Once you are a true seeker, a way will be shown to you. And just as here on earth you tread a new, hitherto unfamiliar path only carefully, so must you also proceed cautiously step by step on the new spiritual paths which open before you, in order always to keep firm ground under your feet. You must not jump ahead, for then there is a greater danger of falling. Through this kind of thinking and intuitive perception, during the rest hours of your earth-life, you will never lose anything, but only gain.
No one sanctifies an hour of rest by going to church, unless at the same time, during the time of rest, he is prepared to reflect on what he has heard there, in order to absorb it rightly within himself and live accordingly. The priest cannot make your day holy for you if you do not do so of yourself. Consider carefully ever again whether the real sense of the Word of God is completely in accord with your activity. In this way the Sabbath Day will then be sanctified by you; for through peaceful inner communion it has acquired that content for the purpose of which it was instituted. Every Sabbath Day will thus become a milestone on your path, which will retroactively give the days of your gross material activity that value which they must have for the maturing of your soul. Then they will not have been lived in vain, and you will advance continually. To sanctify means not to waste. The moment you neglect this you lose the time which was granted to you for maturing, and, after the Cosmic Turning-Point, the rays of which are now slowly encompassing you, there is only a short time given to make up for what has been neglected, provided that in so doing you use all the energy you have left. Therefore keep the Sabbath Day holy! Be it in your home, or better still in Nature, which helps you to become alert in thinking and in perceiving intuitively! Fulfill thereby the Commandment of the Lord. It is for your benefit!
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by obonujoker(m): 10:21am On Mar 20, 2022
chatinent:

When God said he'll destroy the earth during the time of Noah, did he like cut the earth I to pieces?

No bto... God destroyed the ungodly living creatures on the earth. God wanted to cleanse the earth not destroy it then.... This was the flood that also killed the giants, dragons, Nephilim and other experimental creatures of the fallen angels, that's why we have legends like medussa, mermaids, centaurs etc (All demonic spirits hiding underworld, 2nd heavens, underwater etc, in spirit forms), all which will also be Destroyed at the last day.

Genesis 6:5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
6:6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

Genesis 6:11 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.
6:12 And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.
6:13 And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

Genesis 6:17 And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die.

So, God reason for the flood was to cleanse evil, not to destroy the heart, however at the last day, this earth will be destroyed by fervent heat.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by BeardedmeatR(m): 10:21am On Mar 20, 2022
Dotman2210:
A spiritually mature Christian must identify with a Bible believing,

Hebrews 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

You are correct. But if only the churches of nowadays were anything near the churches where that passage was first pronounced.

There's a supreme being called God. But religion as we see today is scam, all of them.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by Roseey0(f): 10:22am On Mar 20, 2022
What did the bible say about the gathering of brethren again
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by ablejesus26(m): 10:23am On Mar 20, 2022
tayo4ng:
So many things is wrong, you must not avoid the gadering of the bredren.

Abi oo.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by xtremeTall(m): 10:23am On Mar 20, 2022
I Dey church like this .
Pastor is teaching about success,
You need to be strong physically and spiritually to succeed in life
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by maticar: 10:24am On Mar 20, 2022
Sazzy001:
Hahaha. It's just like believing/serving a diety without going to the shrine to pay regular homage. Trust me it will ask for the worshipper's head soonest..
Hahahaha I like this analogy bro

It just can't work na, you need to go gathering of the group you claim to belong

Even Jesus himself was found in synagogue always doing teaching and brainstorming with the pharisees of his days, haba
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by Laggafin: 10:24am On Mar 20, 2022
I am one of dem.. and deris absolutely nothing wrong not going to church of men where lies is dozed in quantum quantities from the pulpit to the gullible comgregants
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by maticar: 10:25am On Mar 20, 2022
xtremeTall:
I Dey church like this .
Pastor is teaching about success,
You need to be strong physically and spiritually to succeed in life
Focus
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by achorladey: 10:27am On Mar 20, 2022
MadamVanessa:

The problem starts with when this scripture below and parts highlighted are legalised, regimented and used as control mechanism grin grin grin

Hebrews 10:24,25 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, 25 not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

Sacred service or service to God restricted to a particular building on set days, time and venue. Activities performed in such buildings are made as criteria to judge the race for salvation grin grin
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by K4diamond: 10:27am On Mar 20, 2022
It is not compulsory but it is necessary for the sake of spiritual growth. It can be compared to having your degree but not scaling up your skills from time to time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Joshua Iginla Awards Scholarship To A Girl Child, Gives Her A Cash Gift / Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments / Was This Action Of King Solomon Right Or Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.