Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,805 members, 7,827,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? (21352 Views)

"Things Are Not Going Well For Us" Happieboys Apologise To Apostle Chinyere (vid / Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? / Lady Takes Pictures In A Church But Has Got People Talking. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by spiceadole: 11:37am On Mar 20, 2022
MadamVanessa:
Goodmorning Christian brethrens and to all nairalanders.

In today's society, I noticed that people seem to see those that do not go to church regularly as not being serious with their heavenly race and salvation of soul and this makes it look like one salvation of soul is tied down to going to church regularly.

I am one of such person that do not like going to church at all, but I believe so much in God and I know I am not the only one in this. This problem is faced by so many people in the world.

So is there anything wrong in one not going to church regularly but believe in God within himself or herself and try his or her best in doing the things that pleases God.

I don't attend church.. neither do I believe in the existence of God.
I stopped all religious activities about 7 years ago while still in Nigeria.

I spend my Sundays at home, if I'm off duty.

I live in the UK.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by 24brains(m): 11:38am On Mar 20, 2022
gentlegenius:

Absolutely on point!
God bless you.
It seem me and you had a lot in common.
oya make una marry each other. You don see partner in christ so. When me go come see my own partner because me too i no dey go shioch.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by Tallesty1(m): 11:49am On Mar 20, 2022
Good afternoon Pocohantas.

You don come back from church?

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by pocohantas(f): 11:50am On Mar 20, 2022
Tallesty1:
Good afternoon Pocohantas.

You don come back from church?

Oh No!!!!! grin grin
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by Tallesty1(m): 11:51am On Mar 20, 2022
pocohantas:

Oh No!!!!! grin grin
Abi you no church today? gringrin
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by firstratedcitiz(m): 11:52am On Mar 20, 2022
MadamVanessa:

In today's society, I noticed that people seem to see those that do not go to church regularly as not being serious with their heavenly race and salvation of soul and this makes it look like one salvation of soul is tied down to going to church regularly.

I am one of such person that do not like going to church at all, but I believe so much in God and I know I am not the only one in this. This problem is faced by so many people in the world.

So is there anything wrong in one not going to church regularly but believe in God within himself or herself and try his or her best in doing the things that pleases God.
You ain't the only one, @MadamVanessa. I'm one of such people. Although I believe in God so deeply, I ain't drawn to idea of organized church. Not that I don't go to church at all. I just do not go there too often.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by Tecord1(m): 11:58am On Mar 20, 2022
When you don't go to church, how then do you hear God's word. Many of them who don't go to church don't also read the bible. If you claim to love God, and not go to church and also don't read the bible, how then can you do right by Him without having his word in your heart
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by Nobody: 11:59am On Mar 20, 2022
ahnie:
My current lifestyle.
Mine too.

And there's a big living Faith church just across the street from where I stay. And there's my Jehovah's Witness church too.

I just can't see myself going to fellowship. I used to,but for a long time now I barely have the urge.
Most times, I feel like I know too much already (Which may be wrong of me, and just my own mindset). Like, I don't trust any pastors or church leaders, don't want to hear the same old messages that don't evoke changes in people, and don't want to have to drop offering money into any collection box or tray. Because, I always feel it won't end up in the hands of those who really need them- the poorest of the poor.
I know they say it's not your business to know how your offering monies are being spent by the church, but I tend to disagree. It is my concern, especially if I am suffering to earn every penny. That's even going far, only seeing the way churches have been behaving for the past 20 years is enough to raise your suspicion, making you want to not mind your business when it comes to how churches utilise your monies. Abeg

When I sum up all these things, I just loose the faith and zeal for churches here.
Some people don't understand me, when they ask me why I don't attend services.
The good thing is that I am well versed in the Bible and take time to study it or just read Psalms when I'm feeling down. Hymns help too.
But I don't do this frequently, especially the hymn singing. But prayer is a daily and weekly affair. I don't think I'll ever pay tithes to any church while I'm on this earth. I'm in my mid-twenties, but I still feel that even when I grow older, I don't see myself tithing at any church.
There are other ways to use my money to honour and please God, mbok.
" We will always have the poor with us "

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by Victerica(m): 12:00pm On Mar 20, 2022
Please make sure you attend Church ooo!

At least, on the Sabbath day

I don talk oooo
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by chiefconerstone: 12:02pm On Mar 20, 2022
Anyone who is born again will naturally desire the fellowship of other born again believers. If you lost that desire, it means you have lost the desire for anything Godly. Check your spiritual State, you will surely see compromises every where.
Having fellowship is like igniting each other and keeping the fire burning. If a burning coal stays alone, it will soon die out.
Do not be decieve, the western church has gone deep into ungodliness. It doesn't even have form of Godliness. She has lost her relevant. That is people don't go there again.
Despite her problems, the Nigerian Church has some life in it.
#mythought

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by naijadrivablog: 12:04pm On Mar 20, 2022
Yes. Do not forget the congregation of brethren.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Mar 20, 2022
chiefconerstone:
Anyone who is born again will naturally desire the fellowship of other born again believers. If you lost that desire, it means you have lost the desire for anything Godly. Check your spiritual State, you will surely see compromises every where.
Having fellowship is like igniting each other and keeping the fire burning. If a burning coal stays alone, it will soon die out.
Do not be decieve, the western church has gone deep into ungodliness. It doesn't even have form of Godliness. She has lost her relevant. That is people don't go there again.
Despite her problems, the Nigerian Church has some life in it.
#mythought
Hmm..This is another angle to view it from.

I like the part you talked about igniting each other for the sake of the gospel or kingdom of God. Like the word says; iron should sharpen iron.

But still, I don't think it means all those who don't attend services have lost the desire for anything godly. Not quite correct. They still contribute their own quota somewhere, someway. Even speaking about the gospel with a friend, friends, and all. Sharing Christian feeds online (IG, Facebook et all)
It counts for something, nau.
But like you said, it's your thoughts, which I respect.

Just said I should chirp in.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by MT: 12:12pm On Mar 20, 2022
I think we should define what a church is. It is not the building but rather the people. And the bible says - where two or three people are gathered in my name, so I will be in their midst.

Enough said
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by nextdoorpal: 12:12pm On Mar 20, 2022
MadamVanessa:

shocked

Do you mean that over there people are not obsessed about church as it's happening here?

Lol... it's funny here seriously. Even my own parents think that I am being possessed hence I hate going to church. Myself alone know that nothing is wrong with me. So much for me here seriously.

I think it's the way the church has turned out, lots of us just lost the flair, verve and urge. We rather establish that personal relationship with God n do His dictates whilst acknowledging and wishing the church well.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by vincentautoss: 12:13pm On Mar 20, 2022
Read Hebrews 10:25 preferably from the New Living Translation. The Bible says, "And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near".

OP, as you can see the Bible does not support you segregating yourself. Even God's own word encourages us to meet and fellowship together. You are a real true Christian, then you won't see any need to stay at home.

Thank you
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by MT: 12:13pm On Mar 20, 2022
naijadrivablog:
Yes. Do not forget the congregation of brethren.

Congregation in this instance can be just two people according to the bible.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by cornerstonee: 12:17pm On Mar 20, 2022
KNOWMORE56:

Well. The way I have always understood this matter is:
The church services or church attendance is like a school attendance.....

I mean, in religion it's called church. In accedemy it's called school....

Now, if you should use the same question for your accedemy, what will be your answer...

What I'm saying is if your child ask you
" Mummy, is there anything wrong if I don't attend classes in the school? I'm doing my studying in the house...

*. Hebrews 10:25 " KJV: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching."

*. Leviticus 8:4 " KJV:And Moses did as the Lord commanded him; and the assembly was gathered together unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation"

Our God commands that His children be gathered before Him from time to time!

You spoke well.. But seriously everywhere is porous.. Everywhere

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by Babygreene(f): 12:17pm On Mar 20, 2022
Totilopussylick:
Do you mean that over there people are not obsessed about church as it's happening here?

I'm telling you the gospel truth.

You barely see signboard of churches in Germany.

Not as if there are no church here, but they are not so obsessed about it.

I went to one the very first week i arrived Europe, what I saw i was speechless.

People were smoking cigarettes in the church when the pastor was preaching cheesy.

oh yes.hahaha.you will do crusade in that Germany,only one person will come.sometimes only a woman and her child.. all those foreign nations,God help them.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by Microwhy: 12:17pm On Mar 20, 2022
Hammyaladin:
I don't want to derail this thread but I'll like to say I'm also a Muslim who doesn't go to mosque @ all. My folks r tired of even making me go.

But I so much believe in God and he's ten commandments which I believe are the most important thing of faith.
Which one is ten commandments again.
If you mean "Thy shall not" commandments, then you need to start from scratch as a Muslim.
If truly you're a Muslim, then your Islamic knowledge is 0.00000000001.
Please go seek knowledge.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by cornerstonee: 12:19pm On Mar 20, 2022
MadamVanessa:

If this is you.. You don't need to go to church!

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by Babygreene(f): 12:20pm On Mar 20, 2022
That Germany, you will do crusade only one person will show up,sometimes mother and child,or only an old man.Nigerians are trying self with God.Nigerians respect God.All those foreign nations, God help them.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by TruthinAction: 12:22pm On Mar 20, 2022
MadamVanessa:

First of all, going to church doesn't even make you a Christian. And believe in God doesn't either. You must first be born again or saved. What it simply means is to receive Christ as your Lord and Saviour. Ask him to come into your life. Then after that, you must identify with a local church and attend services regularly.

But if you are not born again, it doesn't matter whether you go to church or not. It won't make any difference to your eternal destiny. The only advantage going to church can have is an opportunity to hear words that could save you.

First thing first, get born again.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by Babygreene(f): 12:23pm On Mar 20, 2022
Ola17:
Your pastors guilt trips or uses hell/poverty as a scare tactics to make you come to church not because he wants you to make heaven, but rather to fleece you of your hard earned money, time and talents.

93.884% of your religious leaders know that heaven and hell is but a reward system devised to control and govern the society. Be wise. Hell is real.google Bill wiese 23 minutes in hell.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by preciousmetals: 12:28pm On Mar 20, 2022
You keep the Sabbath day holy and commit your sin in the remain six days right?, Religious bigot
ABIODUN105:
Remember the sabbath day and keep it holy

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by SilentBurner(m): 12:29pm On Mar 20, 2022
MadamVanessa:

Is not even possible to be closer to God from a distance,
In his presence there is fullness of joy... Amen
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by InvertedHammer: 12:30pm On Mar 20, 2022
ABIODUN105:
Remember the sabbath day and keep it holy
/

Sabbath day is Saturday.

/
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by chigoziri2403(m): 12:35pm On Mar 20, 2022
Princepioneer:
. So so me ...!!! But at times, I just feel the desire to attend church.. which of them do I attend sef?? Church these days just be like business centres... 1st, 2nd and 3rd offerings, pastor's welfare offering�, building offering,�‍♀️ band buying offering,� Generator maintenance offering� etc all on same Sunday... Na wa ooo.. !!! some of these things discourages people from attending church...
so on point
At the end of the day, disgruntled members leave,and the assets belong to whom?

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by Sleekfingers: 12:36pm On Mar 20, 2022
MadamVanessa:

Is not going to church a problem? You said, it is a problem faced by many people in the world......
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by gentlegenius(m): 12:37pm On Mar 20, 2022
MadamVanessa:

Thanks for creating this thread. I've noticed something here... It seems many people are getting to know that CHURCH IS PURE SCAM.
For those that are quoting Hebrews 10:25 and telling you not to forsake the gathering, don't mind them. See the explanation of that scripture in this thread...
https://www.nairaland.com/2918205/misconceptions-hebrews-10-25-explained?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C6167982094
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by chigoziri2403(m): 12:37pm On Mar 20, 2022
achorladey:

Baba allow them oooo grin grin

For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

Paul said in Hebrews 10: 24,25....

Gather to incite one another to fine works

The same Paul
2 Timothy 4:3 gather around in order to have their eyes tickled grin grin grin

They will learn last last.

I pray
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by phemmyfour: 12:38pm On Mar 20, 2022
MadamVanessa:

It's Wrong and contradictory cos you can't believe in God and refuse to follow his instructions. One of his instructions is the gathering of his people from time to time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Was This Action Of King Solomon Right Or Wrong? / Thread For Shiloh 2017 "A New Dawn" / Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.