Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,622 members, 7,827,328 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? (21346 Views)

"Things Are Not Going Well For Us" Happieboys Apologise To Apostle Chinyere (vid / Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? / Lady Takes Pictures In A Church But Has Got People Talking. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by AllahEatsShit: 12:44pm On Mar 20, 2022
That's because the Church goes to God, not the other way around.

AntiChristian:
Jesus no dey go church!
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by SpaceBar: 12:45pm On Mar 20, 2022
MadamVanessa:
Goodmorning Christian brethrens and to all nairalanders.

In today's society, I noticed that people seem to see those that do not go to church regularly as not being serious with their heavenly race and salvation of soul and this makes it look like one salvation of soul is tied down to going to church regularly.

I am one of such person that do not like going to church at all, but I believe so much in God and I know I am not the only one in this. This problem is faced by so many people in the world.

So is there anything wrong in one not going to church regularly but believe in God within himself or herself and try his or her best in doing the things that pleases God.

I've been in this kind of topic so many times. I don't like saying much here.... Africans should seek proper enlightenment... Go beyond the fear of religious doctrines and false teachings. Learn and unlearn cool

Well, my take on this is that God is not limited to the Christian religion or faith alone.
Many don't know this

Know this and know peace cool
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Mar 20, 2022
All I can say to you MadamVanessa is God exist but everyone serves Him in different capacity. Religion is one Man's ideology passed down from generation to generation on how God should be served. I don't believe one religion is superior to another but what I know is GOD OR THIS HIGHER POWER WILL NEVER ALLOW HUMANS HURT OR DESPICE EACH OTHER IN THE NAME OF PROTECTING OUR RELIGION #TruthOfTrinity
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by achorladey: 12:50pm On Mar 20, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Where believers are gathered that's where Jesus promised to come right into their midst to lead them to salvation.
Though each person must run his race with zeal but there is no isolation in this race that's why Jesus told the man who have observed all that's in the law that he must join Jesus' group otherwise it will be impossible! Luke 18:18-23 smiley

Not only where believers are gathered

Where believers are gathered that's where Jesus promised to come right into their midst to lead them to salvation.

Jesus own words captured below......

In answer Jesus said to him: “If anyone loves me, he will observe my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our dwelling with him.

Though each person must run his race with zeal but there is no isolation in this

LEGALISMS must enter with but. Will the no isolation run each person race?

that's why Jesus told the man who have observed all that's in the law that he must join Jesus' group otherwise it will be impossible! Luke 18:18-23

No dey read your interpretation of inside Bible.

22 After hearing that, Jesus said to him, “There is still one thing lacking about you: Sell all the things you have and distribute the proceeds to the poor, and you will have treasure in the heavens; and come be my follower.”

Where is your Jesus' group in that account?
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by SpaceBar: 12:50pm On Mar 20, 2022
TsaTrinity:
All I can say to you MadamVanessa is God exist but everyone serves Him in different capacity. Religion is one Man's ideology passed down from generation to generation on how God should be scared. I don't believe one religion is superior to another but what I know is GOD OR THIS HIGHER POWER WILL NEVER ALLOW HUMANS HURT EACH OTHER IN THE NAME OF PROTECTING OUR RELIGION #TruthOfTrinity
My point buttressed
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by tillaman(m): 1:01pm On Mar 20, 2022
ChocolateWine:
From your profile pics you're already qualified for the heavenly calling. This world is not your home.
God bless you
For this heavenly race wey we dey run she don carry first already with that pic

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:02pm On Mar 20, 2022
achorladey:

Not only where believers are gathered
Jesus own words captured below......
In answer Jesus said to him: “If anyone loves me, he will observe my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our dwelling with him.
LEGALISMS must enter with but. Will the no isolation run each person race?
No dey read your interpretation of inside Bible.
22 After hearing that, Jesus said to him, “There is still one thing lacking about you: Sell all the things you have and distribute the proceeds to the poor, and you will have treasure in the heavens; and come be my follower.”
Where is your Jesus' group in that account?

For this man with his prestigious position in the first century to have knelt down before Jesus shows he believes in Jesus so when Jesus said "come be my follower" after instructing him to sell everything he had surely Jesus meant this man must join a group (those following Jesus everywhere he goes)

Remember Peter said:

“Look! We have left all things and followed you; what, then, will there be for us?” Matthew 19:27

Please who are those "WE" if they're not a GROUP?

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by CountLaka(m): 1:03pm On Mar 20, 2022
What are the principles and who propounded them at which year and in which scripture?

All I know is that know where in the entire Bible that Church was mentioned or even people were asked to worship on Sunday..

Do good, help people, believe in oneness of God and his prophets, don't follow Nigeria leaders and you shall make heaven.

Aonkuuse:
There are conditions and principles for the kingdom of God, just follow them and salvation is assured
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by itsene: 1:05pm On Mar 20, 2022
Everyone, including Lucifer believes in God, but believing in Jesus Christ is what separates Christians from others.
You MUST go through Jesus Christ to believe in God , for TRUE Christians.
You can't bypass, sidestep or jump over Jesus Christ.
That eliminates 99.9 percent of hustlers and pretenders calling themselves evangelists, prophets,apostles etc.
You can listen to these characters talk on and on, about Moses, Daniel, David, Jeremiah, miracles, prosperity and never once mentioning Jesus Christ's name. That's how you know who's FAKE ab initio!
Walk away.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by Ugodecent: 1:06pm On Mar 20, 2022
Aonkuuse:
There are conditions and principles for the kingdom of God, just follow them and salvation is assured
You spoke very well .
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by deebrownneymar: 1:09pm On Mar 20, 2022
MadamVanessa:

In today's society, I noticed that people seem to see those that do not go to church regularly as not being serious with their heavenly race and salvation of soul and this makes it look like one salvation of soul is tied down to going to church regularly.

I am one of such person that do not like going to church at all, but I believe so much in God and I know I am not the only one in this. This problem is faced by so many people in the world.

So is there anything wrong in one not going to church regularly but believe in God within himself or herself and try his or her best in doing the things that pleases God.

While it’s good to fellowship with brethren, it is not a sin to skip church. Pastors wants the church to always be full so he can eat. So they say all sorts to make non church goers look bad. Pastors are first hustlers.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by eazyduzit: 1:11pm On Mar 20, 2022
ABIODUN105:
Remember the sabbath day and keep it holy
Is the Sabbath day Sunday?If No then majority of Christians are disobeying God commandments and that itself is a SIN.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by JB4life: 1:12pm On Mar 20, 2022
MadamVanessa:

Self delusion helps no one.
Jesus committed no sin yet was baptized,as example for all of us to follow.

Jesus needed to preaching but was always going to Temple and Synagogues on Sabbath as examples for us to follow.

David offered God praise worship in the assembly of God's people.

After Resurrection of Christ,the Apostles always gathered to pray and share the Word of God.

Paul the Apostles of Gentiles wrote letters to Churches in different parts of the world.

So,you can worship God in the closet of your room privately,or with your family in your your house,but all of that do not take the place of assembly of God's people ( Church) which is practised before Christ ( BC) at the time of Christ stay on Earth as man,and even after Ascension of Christ till date.

Don't mind those who try to confuse you with vain arguments.
Remain blessed as you do so in Jesus Name.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by sniperr007(m): 1:12pm On Mar 20, 2022
MadamVanessa:

My truth is that your relationship with God is between you and God.

Going to church is just a way of fellowship or worship God with your brethrens. As they say iron sharpens iron so going to church is important.

Improve your relationship with God and if he leads you to church daily, follow him. Focus on the relationship with God. He will direct you
But with the present society we live. Church has become less of fellowship of God so I can't tie salvation to attending church.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by chiefconerstone: 1:15pm On Mar 20, 2022
PaulOtl:

Hmm..This is another angle to view it from.

I like the part you talked about igniting each other for the sake of the gospel or kingdom of God. Like the word says; iron should sharpen iron.

But still, I don't think it means all those who don't attend services have lost the desire for anything godly. Not quite correct. They still contribute their own quota somewhere, someway. Even speaking about the gospel with a friend, friends, and all. Sharing Christian feeds online (IG, Facebook et all)
It counts for something, nau.
But like you said, it's your thoughts, which I respect.

Just said I should chirp in.
I appreciate your thoughts . All true believers should be delibrate in choosing where they fellowship. We are delibrate and choosy about school and hospital we go to but not about the congregation we fellowship with. If you find a true congregation, you wouldn't miss fellowship for once. It is true that several individuals can stay alone and be on fire but been in the church fellowship is a greater level of fire. God blesses such meeting with something greater.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by JOemmy(m): 1:17pm On Mar 20, 2022
If it's by attending church services regularly nigeria would have since becomes one of the greatest nations on Earth. What is in our hearts is what really matters not by spending all ur time in church people in western nations have purer hearts that's simply why they will always be ahead of us in almost everything.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by Awoh55: 1:26pm On Mar 20, 2022
there is benefit in serving God by going to church
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by DADYMIKE(m): 1:29pm On Mar 20, 2022
Going to church does not guarantee us a place in heaven BUT the important of church is that, its is a place where you fellowship ( build yourself together with other believers, identify your weakness and ask for help, coming together to bring others to the kingdom which is the great commission) together with other brethren because you will agree with me that the journey is not easy when walk alone but together and you can never say you LOVE THE LORD AND NOT FELLOWSHIP WITH OTHER BRETHREN

Hebrews 10:25

Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by BigYash: 1:30pm On Mar 20, 2022
Kyase:
Faith cometh from hearing...........
Romans 10:17
Hearing of " come and pay this and that abi? The church leaders are killing the zeal of people going to church.. Their own don too much . They see themselves as God.. They want people to serve them.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by Fabnaija: 1:32pm On Mar 20, 2022
If you dont go church, what make you think you believe in God. Church is the Gathering of believers. Hebrews 10:25 says, and let us not Neglect our meeting together (church), as some people (those who dont go to church) do.......
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by Aonkuuse(m): 1:36pm On Mar 20, 2022
Oga the principle is there.

Matthew 25:31-40
“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, "I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

“Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

“The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.”
CountLaka:
What are the principles and who propounded them at which year and in which scripture?

All I know is that know where in the entire Bible that Church was mentioned or even people were asked to worship on Sunday..

Do good, help people, believe in oneness of God and his prophets, don't follow Nigeria leaders and you shall make heaven.

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by MumEmdy(f): 1:36pm On Mar 20, 2022
[b][/b]
phr0nesis:
That's just me.
What's the point of going when I have to be praying for the time to hit 11am so I can just go home

Honestly am in the same category as you, am tired of the repeated preaching year in year out which all revolves around fearing, loving God and keeping His commandments... and all these I've known and kept right from my youth..., though sometimes I do feel as if am a sinner by not going to Church.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by Archworld(m): 1:37pm On Mar 20, 2022
MadamVanessa:

I haven't also been to church since the beginning of this year. But i know very well that it is wrong not because people are saying so. Whatever people say is not my priority except it's in line with the bible.

Hebrew 10:25 Let's not neglect meeting together as some have made it a habit, Let us encourage one another, as you see the day approaching.

Psalm 122:1 I was glad when they said unto me , let us go into the house of the Lord.

I am not judging you, I have same problem. But the church is where you get edified . My prayer life and worship dropped since I stopped going to church regularly. Prayer was a lifestyle but it has become a burden , my vision has also dropped. I begin to guess things whereas I used to see things before they ever occur. The bible said iron sharpeneth iron .
Worship and prayer is based on information, hence you need to be informed about what God is doing in the generation. This will make you to pray and worship rightly .
Don't say I don't go to church but I believe in God with all my heart. The bible said , even the devil believes in God . He so much believes in God that at the mention of the name of Jesus , he trembles.

We really need to change . We must stop living for ourselves. We don't decide how we want to worship God , there is a pattern laid down in the bible that we must follow. Aaron sons tried to worship God in their own way and they were crunched.
We were bought with a price , not to live for ourselves unto God.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by grudges: 1:38pm On Mar 20, 2022
Who in the first place ask you to go to church, no authority of whatever that direct you to go church and pray
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by Saig: 1:39pm On Mar 20, 2022
MadamVanessa:

There is everything wrong with not attending worship but staying at home. First it is against God (Heb.10:24-25)
Second, the Christian race is both individual and collective. You can't do it all alone.

Meanwhile look for the CHURCH OF CHRIST nearest you for worship
They will help you get baptized for the forgiveness of your sins (Acts 2:37-38; Acts 22:16)
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by Shareholder: 1:42pm On Mar 20, 2022
And wen is the Sabbath day?
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by smile11s(m): 1:42pm On Mar 20, 2022
MadamVanessa:

Exactly

https://gist.am/i-believe-in-god-so-much-but-i-do-not-attend-any-church-should-i-be-worried/a/3535
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by temi2008: 1:46pm On Mar 20, 2022
If you believed so much in God, you will go to church.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:50pm On Mar 20, 2022
CountLaka:

The funny thing is that God never promised mankind heaven, where God created and promised faithful people is EARTH! Psalms 37:9-11, 29; 67:6-7; 115:16

So heaven is for spirit beings and not humans! smiley

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by peacemara54(m): 1:50pm On Mar 20, 2022
MadamVanessa:

Pls hear the truth and don't believe comments you see. I believe the purpose of your question, is to know the truth.

Church is founded by God. That is where people come and hear the gospel and after, God reaches out to them to save them from the life of sin and gives them life eternal. The blessings of God comes on only those who are present where people call His name. The truth is, where ever God want to pour out blessings, he does it in the church and he blesses people who are gathered together calling on him

You have missed a lot of great things God would have done for you by sitting at home and yielding to satans deception. It's is Satan deception for you to sit at home. It's in the word of God that ; we should remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy. Its a commandment that God commands all. No exception.

It's a disobedience to God's commandment if you fail to go to church. Why must you sit at home? Wherever God want to visit His people, He is ever present in the church. How did you want God's hand to reach you, when you are absent from HIS presence.

There are prayers God will never answer, there are blessings he will never give. Protection he will never give if you arent gathered in His presence

Such person is far from God and your life is in great danger because you have abstain from the presence of God, God doesn't work base on Men's rules. You must walk and follow His commandment if you ever want His presence in your life.

That you believe in HIM but stay at home to practise your faith, is complete zero. Its another deception of the devil. You cannot exist as a christain without the church. You cannot get to heaven without the church. You cannot gets God's blessings without the church. Satan will have great access to your life If you fails to gather in God's presence.

Not only Sunday but every other days your church lays down for gathering.

Go to a bible believing church and hear the true Gospel which is able to save you from sinful life and give you life eternal.

If you go away from the church, you go away from the everlasting Arms of God that is able to reach and meet all your needs in all areas of life.

You are not a christain, no true child of God will ever stay at home on Sunday, Never.
Those who stays away from church , are not christain and are completely lost. God still loves you if you can come to HIM.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Oyedepo Opens Abuja Winners Chapel / Nigerian Pastor Attempting To Heal A Mad Woman (Video) / The God Of A Second Chance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.