Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,176 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

I Am Sorry. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am Sorry. (24871 Views)

‘sorry, It Was A Mistake’ – Wife Caught By Hubby With Side Dude In Their Room / Amaka Am Sorry Please. / Ladies Am Sorry For Leaking Your Secret On Nairaland PHOTOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Sorry. by Toks2008(m): 1:11pm On Mar 20, 2022
These three words so simple yet so difficult.

These three words can make this world so beautiful, can prevent wars, can prevent break ups, can mend a broken heart... I can go on and on to elucidate on how powerful these three simple words can be. In fact, these are the most powerful words in the world.

Saying "I'm sorry" does not diminish your self worth, it does not mean you are weak or incompetent and you don't have to feel humiliated when you say i am sorry.

We all make mistakes. Nobody is perfect and this is why believers in GOD always ask for forgivesness from him every now and then so if we can be humble enough to admit how weak we are and ask for forgiveness from him then why do we feel we are perfect towards a fellow human?

The take home here is that emotionally strong people with very healthy self esteem do not find it difficult to say sorry but in actual fact, when you find it difficult to say I AM SORRY, it is a strong sign that something is wrong with you and you definitely have a very low self esteem.

Now here is the shocker... Do you know that saying i am sorry is not only when you are convinced you have done wrong?... In fact when you have no clue of what you did wrongly, you should still apologize if people tell you they are offended by what you did to them even when you believe you are absolutely innocent.

So i have pondered over these words in relation to human interaction and i have come to this conclusion...

That until you mature to the point where you are able to say these three words to anyone who tells you that h/she is offended by your actions or in-actions without trying to explain to them why they should not be offended or defend your actions, you should never bother going into any purposeful union be it friendship, dating or marriage.

Learn to sincerely say i am sorry even when you are not wrong and you will live peacefully with anybody.

Hope this helps.

58 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Am Sorry. by chatinent: 1:14pm On Mar 20, 2022
I am sorry, no vex, you fit show me the way?

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Am Sorry. by nickyj19: 1:14pm On Mar 20, 2022
happy Sunday

1 Like

Re: I Am Sorry. by Saviourk: 1:16pm On Mar 20, 2022
Nice piece

3 Likes

Re: I Am Sorry. by Candidlady: 1:18pm On Mar 20, 2022
sad

Iam sorry is one sentence inever find hard to say!!

Icould say it twenty times a day although iwould have gotten on your nerves like 21times

I
Am
Sorry

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Am Sorry. by MadamVanessa(f): 1:24pm On Mar 20, 2022
shocked

It's so surprising how people think that saying sorry is the most difficult word to say. As Candidlady had already put it clearly, that it's one of the simplest word she find so easy to utter out, same thing with me .

I only find it hard to say sorry if I know and my conscience tell me that I wasn't wrong. But if I am wrong , I say it immediately.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Sorry. by Toks2008(m): 1:24pm On Mar 20, 2022
Candidlady:
sad

Icould say it twenty times a day although iwould have gotten on your nerves like 21times

I
Am
Sorry

That one nah troublesome "i am sorry"

But guess what, as ackwardly as you sounded, it will amaze you that each time you apologize to that person, he or she will calm down.

There is power in those words.

Many people have lost wonderful union cos they find it hard to say sorry.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Sorry. by yanabasee(m): 1:32pm On Mar 20, 2022
Candidlady:
sad

I
Am
Sorry

There's someone I know that will easily use this words but will keep getting on your nerves and keep apologizing...

I barely use these words .... I use them only when I mean it. And if I say them, you will have to believe it, cause it usually comes from the heart straight.....

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Sorry. by Candidlady: 2:19pm On Mar 20, 2022
Toks2008:

That one nah troublesome "i am sorry"

But guess what, as ackwardly as you sounded, it will amaze you that each time you apologize to that person, he or she will calm down.

There is power in those words.

Many people have lost wonderful union cos they find it hard to say sorry.

As troublesome as it sounds it still melt hearts!! Like auntie Vanessa said if iknow iam wrong iam sorry is never far from my mouth.

Imight sound very unserious but you got no choice than to let it slide.. Igo literally beg you die lol

2 Likes

Re: I Am Sorry. by Toks2008(m): 9:16pm On Mar 20, 2022
Lalasticlala, happy sunday.
Re: I Am Sorry. by WhizdomXX(m): 9:54pm On Mar 20, 2022
No
Re: I Am Sorry. by mbahdi(m): 9:54pm On Mar 20, 2022
For what
Re: I Am Sorry. by maureensylvia(f): 9:55pm On Mar 20, 2022
Ok

My bad
My apologies
I think it's more formal

1 Like

Re: I Am Sorry. by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:55pm On Mar 20, 2022
shocked

Saying "I'm sorry" does not diminish your self worth, it does not mean you are weak or incompetent and you don't have to feel humiliated when you say i am sorry.

You are so right here but, people tends to find very difficult to say that I Am Sorry.

I say I'm sorry, thank you and forgive me with ease if I am wrong or if I want to show an appreciation.
Re: I Am Sorry. by Samexdx(m): 9:55pm On Mar 20, 2022
I would genuinely say it if I did something wrong, but knowing that I'm right, you may never hear it from my mouth.

Anything wey Wan happen make e happen ooo

1 Like

Re: I Am Sorry. by oluwaseyi0: 9:55pm On Mar 20, 2022
It's easier to say you are sorry when one is wrong but saying so even when you are not is the hardest part unfortunately sometimes in marriage and life you need to say sorry even when you are not that wrong
Re: I Am Sorry. by christejames(m): 9:55pm On Mar 20, 2022
It's not in Nigerian dictionary
Re: I Am Sorry. by Chibuzoc(m): 9:55pm On Mar 20, 2022
cool sometimes e no de work, I had a little scratch with a driver last week although both of us were wrong with him having 60% of the guilt, naso I Waka meet the niggar tell am say no vex immediately the Bobo start to para angry ha, one passenger wey I carry come ginger me say make i no dull (motor wey just come out from panel) I change am immediately for the guy before you know the Bobo don de find way.

One thing I know is:
The weak revenges (person wey like para)
The strong forgives (person wey want hear sorry)
The wise ignores (person wey no send you he just observe and move)

2 Likes

Re: I Am Sorry. by Kingray10: 9:55pm On Mar 20, 2022
Y
Re: I Am Sorry. by reccy(m): 9:56pm On Mar 20, 2022
Saying " I'm sorry, most times, is not the problem..what comes before and after it mattered.

Imagine you have that troublesome partner who find it easy to belittle you knowing you would come back to show your weakness by saying "I'm sorry" can be painful, hurting and diminshing....

I don't say, I'm sorry" when I'm right or have not offended.... Even if I do, I have my other way of turning things that you would realized you don't need that "sorry"

2 Likes

Re: I Am Sorry. by Abian: 9:56pm On Mar 20, 2022
wink
Re: I Am Sorry. by Whazar(m): 9:56pm On Mar 20, 2022
I am sorry
Re: I Am Sorry. by frankson1(m): 9:56pm On Mar 20, 2022
It doesn't change anything when you're a multiple times offender undecided

7 Likes

Re: I Am Sorry. by spydera: 9:56pm On Mar 20, 2022
Its better to try to avoid doing things that'll make you have to say those words.
These days even after saying "I'm sorry", what will be will still be... People don't forgive nor forget easily anymore.
Saying I'm sorry can either reduce or increase the effect of the payback, affection or whatever but it cannot erase it.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Sorry. by Ademola47(m): 9:56pm On Mar 20, 2022
Ok, I am sorry

1 Like

Re: I Am Sorry. by fasho01(m): 9:56pm On Mar 20, 2022
Pride and ego always gets in the way of these words being uttered, especially genuinely and with remorse

4 Likes

Re: I Am Sorry. by Ekejoestar(m): 9:56pm On Mar 20, 2022
Saying I am sorry without making efforts to change is like taking medicine after death, it will get to a point that the person you are apologizing to will get tired of your apologies.

BTW saying í am sorry does not avoid wars

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Sorry. by oluseyiforjesus(m): 9:56pm On Mar 20, 2022
The word of a wise husband
Re: I Am Sorry. by Abilistic(m): 9:57pm On Mar 20, 2022
Apologizing doesn't always mean you're wrong and the other person is right.

It means you value your relationship more than your ego.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Sorry. by TalkTalkTwins(m): 9:57pm On Mar 20, 2022
hmm
Re: I Am Sorry. by Xhuntra: 9:57pm On Mar 20, 2022
I prefer to hear Put it gently to I am sorry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do You Need To 'Test' To Trust Your Partner? / !! I Caught My Best Friend Having Sex With My Wife In The Kitchen!! / 15 Coded Runz Girls On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.