Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,736 members, 7,824,085 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! (8610 Views)

Ministerial Nominee, Kayode Fayemi John’s CV / Behold PMB 21 Ministerial Nominee / Ministerial List: See List Of Speculated Nominees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by crispgg: 5:05pm On Jul 02, 2011
I was totally dumbfounded while watching the ministerial screening on thursday.

There was this ministerial nominee, a lady in her 60's from one of the northern states who could hardly speak passable english.

The rockets she was throwing got so bad that the senators started shouting for her to stop. But the lady was so enthusiastic about presenting her CV that had nothing but her political activities on it didnt want to stop and kept going on and on.

At this point, the shouting of the senators got so bad that I thought the woman was not going to scale through the screening exercise successfully.
The president of the senate had to come in and stop the woman. He said that he feels that the woman should take a bow and go. The whole senate roared yes!
So our wonderful honourable ministerial nominee took a bow and left without answering a single question.

I predict that we will soon forget the missiles of Patience and the grammer of Honourable Obaiagbon. We have a new comic as minister.

I dont even know what that woman has to offer, but its all about fresh air, right?!
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by werepeLeri: 6:23pm On Jul 02, 2011
and your point is?

At least she got nominated. Have you ever been nominated for a poo carrier job talkless of for a Minister!
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by Afam4eva(m): 6:33pm On Jul 02, 2011
Does the OP's post look like rocket science that you can't decipher the point he's trying to make.
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by werepeLeri: 6:36pm On Jul 02, 2011
afam4eva:

Does the OP's post look like rocket science that you can't decipher the point he's trying to make.

and your point is? Mr Rocket Daft Science.
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 02, 2011
I just can't see why some people can't simply control their emotions, even on an internet forum! I have not see reason, so far, why people should be called name(daft). If somebody put up a point and you find a flaw in the point, let the person know and state the correct view, according to you. Otherwise, shut-up!
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by crispgg: 10:19pm On Jul 02, 2011
@werepeleri

one thing I have avoided doing since I joined this forum to is join the gang of people without a pint of IQ and dont know how to make an intelligent contribution but go from topic to topic throwing out insults.

But since you have asked for it, your handle itself shows your level of stupidity, you are so beneath me that you are worth less than my poo.
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by KnowAll(m): 10:40pm On Jul 02, 2011
She would probably end up being a junior minister. Out of arms way.
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by Pukkah: 11:28pm On Jul 02, 2011
The same level of decay in Nigeria that made you see a nominee who couldn't speak English is responsible for the shameless way in which some posters here revel in hurling insults and using abusive language. The fall in standards seem to have afflicted all facets of our life.
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by EzeUche(m): 11:31pm On Jul 02, 2011
This is a national disgrace!

It is sad to see Northerners who cannot speak English very well. Ahmadu Bello and Balewa could speak English very well.
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by jaz(m): 12:29am On Jul 03, 2011
the woman in question is Zainab Maina. I believe she is now in women affairs. I hav made it a duty to follow the interviewing of ministerial nominees conducted by the hallowed chambers, i must say i find the woman ABSOLUTELY EMPTY. What d poster posted is correct. She has nothing to offer. Women should be challenged to give politicking a try, PLEASE
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by Gboliwe: 3:42am On Jul 03, 2011
Didnt we also have a presidential aspirant who couldnt speak English?
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by tpia5: 4:43am On Jul 03, 2011
ibon in nigeria no be today.
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by joecrack(m): 4:53am On Jul 03, 2011
EzeUche:

This is a national disgrace!

It is sad to see Northerners who cannot speak English very well. Ahmadu Bello and Balewa could speak English very well.
it really amazes me when i see northerners who should speak english well fumble,
i've got this interview ahmadu bello had with the bbc,it still marvels me how he wayback in the 50's spoke so well but same cannot be said of most northern politicians(esp NW & NE)
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by joecrack(m): 4:57am On Jul 03, 2011
And for God sakes that woman is just too old and boring to be minister.
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 03, 2011
Northeners are really funy to me, they do their things based on 'namu' 'our own'! Im wokng n an Hausa comunity and I know plenty hausa guys and girls that can speak good english, far better than any yoruba or igbo person. And better still they have better pronounciations than yorubas and igbos. So why are they now presenting this old, half illiterate(in the national language) for a national position? Ts a disgrace.
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by BetaThings: 8:30am On Jul 03, 2011
It is a national disgrace now, isn't it?
When Patience was calling people "me fellow widows", people said it does not matter,
her husband loves her, the way Patience spoke made her connect with Nigerians, English is not our native language etc
Why would this woman not qualify in the same country where people justified Patience's performance
People can argue she would relate with the rural womenfolk and that she is not likely to go to Washington as frequently as Patience
Anyway Patience seems to have gone to finishing school

But the lady's confirmation confirms that anyone (no matter the level of education) can become a minister provided he is connected
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by joecrack(m): 8:53am On Jul 03, 2011
Patiance is not recognised by the constitution,as such we dont give a damn about her capabilities nor disabilities.
If gej promised he was gonna bring technocrats blah blah blah in his cabinet,then Maina's nomination is an insult to our votes.

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by Rhino5dm: 8:57am On Jul 03, 2011
what about the woman from Enugu that was not able to recite the national anthem?

Shame na shame! Some of us are so blinded to demonize anything from north while ours stare right at us.

I guess she did better when compared to our first lady Dr. Patience Jonathan(uniport)

" my fellow widows. . ."
"senators who born them? . . ."
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by Nobody: 9:02am On Jul 03, 2011
I don't really agree wt the Patience comparison. Patience is the wife of the President, she was not nominated for her position and you cannot ask Mr. President to divorce because he has been elected as a president. In short, there is no other woman that can occupy Patience position other than Patience, but there are hundreds of qualified, competent and well learned in the national language, Northern or Hausa women that could be nominated into this particular woman's position.

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by Gbawe: 9:04am On Jul 03, 2011
The substantive point , the ill-trained "agbero" werepeleri is trying to distract from, is that "fresh air" has become "more of the same" exactly as myself and many on NL warned he would be. Now that everything we predicted about GEJ is coming to pass some of his uncouth fans have changed tactics to embrace hurling insults with a desire to derail threads critical of GEJ's "business as usual" actions.

So many voted GEJ as "fresh air" and an "agent of change and transformation" . What a joke !!! Has anyone seen "change and transformation" at all? We only see mediocrities being recycled as Ministers in testimony to the fact that , under GEJ, nepotism, cronyism and highly destructive 'settling' politics , responsible for where we are today, is very much alive!!!!

All we see from GEJ is the continuation of practices that has gotten Nigeria where she is today i.e bloated and profligate governance, the accomodation of corruption through a self-serving refusal to privatise our refineries transparently, the deployment of mediocrities in influential positions, etc , etc. Even Beaf and Papabrowne have dissapeared because , IMO, they knows GEJ is a lost cause. The directive that NNPC should turn around our refineries within 24 months would have been the nail in the coffin for the likes of Beaf and Papabrowne.

Papabrowne in particular waxed lyrical about the "privatisation President" . He would not listen to my commonsense argument that it is only all pre-election talk because GEJ , as per the many ruinous hands and AGIPs behind him, will never be able to take the type of brave decisions that will hurt his 'pals' yet set Nigeria on the path of rapid progress. I predicted that the best we can get from GEJ is more gradualism when Nigeria badly needs aggressive reforms and fast-paced progress.  Now, Papabrowne cannot  show his face on Nairaland because he staked his credibility on vouching for what GEJ would do that the opposite is today the sad reality. Sad. Very sad indeed but we told these otherwise intelligent chaps all this before the election yet they would not listen because GEJ is their kinsman. At least some have the decency to stay away and nurse their dissapointen while shameless thugs feel they can hurl insult to hide the real issue under discussion i.e the cynical and shocking actions of GEJ that is a throwback to deleterious behaviour of past leaders that has made Nigeria the basket case she is today.

Lets pray we still have a nation by the time GEJ and his numerous AGIPs (any governent in power) are done with us.
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by becomrichv: 9:06am On Jul 03, 2011
To be honest with you, I am smarter than most of Jonathan ministers. I dont think people are impressed by Jonathan ministers list.  none of Jonathan minister have ever offer solution to Nigeria problem. They have no idea how to fix Nigeria. The man who was former transport minister was a disagree on television. All he did while watching him on the internet was roll his babariga.

He never said any smart thing , even before , he start, you know this man is going to be a failure. No one should expect anything of Jonathan government from the next 4 years, because his minister list are just people who can not perform.  Even Prof Nnaji. all the PHCN union have called for fast and prayer on this man.  prof nnaji is a failure. I know alot more than that man.

It tell you, before Jonathan started. he has failed with the people He picked as minister.

Look Awolowo was a region leader  who went to jail for treason in  Balewa govt and he was minister of finance in the federal cabinet of Gowon. nigeria did not own money. what I am trying to say. minister must be people who have mind of their own. People who are independent of their own mind and can speak their mind, even if it is opposite to public or govt position.  But you have people who just say thing to please the govt. Have you not seen me oppose the govt.

No nation can change with Yes Men. and the people on Jonathan list are yes men. Everybody is putting forward their name or trying to make the newspaper so that they can remember them for ministerial nomination now. But they have nothing to offer.

I went to Ethiope from canada some years ago and I was shock that even while ethiope did not have money, their street light works in ethiope. How long do we put useless people in power that cant make change. I think the list are not men who should be minister. that is my own opinion, it is a list of people who have nothing to offer the nation of Nigeria. and in four years I will back to tell you. I told you so.

It will be another of my accurate prediction.
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by becomrichv: 9:18am On Jul 03, 2011
it is a list of asz kissers. This are not the people nigeria should be looking forward to making change. I was disappointed with the list.
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by Gbawe: 9:21am On Jul 03, 2011
becomrichv:

No nation can change with Yes Men. and the people on Jonathan list are yes men. Everybody is putting forward their name or trying to make the newspaper so that they can remember them for ministerial nomination now. But they have nothing to offer.

I went to Ethiope from canada some years ago and I was sure that even while ethiope did not have money, that street light works in ethiope. How long do we put useless people in power than cant make change. I think the list are not men who should be minister. that is my own opinion, it is a list of people who have nothing to offer the nation of Nigeria. and in four years I will back to tell you. I told you so.
It will be another of my accurate prediction.

Totally correct talk but you don't need to wait 4 years to say "I told you so" . You can say that accurately even today !!! Aside the disastrous Ministerial list, who does not know that the transparent concessioning of our refineries into competent private hands is long overdue? Yet "fresh air" directs the moribund NNPC ,  the perfect embodiment of the word corruption, to turn around our refineries within 24 months !!! Who is foolish enough not to know that a President doing the opposite of what is required is one here to serve the interest of the "owners of Nigeria"? Agent of "Change and transformation" indeed !!!
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by Nobody: 9:31am On Jul 03, 2011
Hmm, , again I don't think speaking a language is the same as reciting an anthem.  Im sure that if many of us on NL are suddenly asked, without any prep, to recite national anthem, we are going to have 80% failure! Yet many of us can speak english more than the Queen herself and have the inteligent of Plato!
I also don't think anybody is talkng because this woman is from the north, all we are saying is 'put a round peg in a round hole'. If she is in a women's ministry, would she only interact with hausa speaking northern women? How will she interact with a yoruba or igbo woman who cannot understand a word of hausa? Remember this is a ministerial post and not a commisioner!
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by Rhino5dm: 9:47am On Jul 03, 2011
Direct your anger to the ediot that is appointing illiterates!

What's my own? I just point out that this blunder is not peculiar to a particular region and nothing more! Or do you think am happy seeing stuupid people having ministerial jobs?

Don't come back with another trash cos it has long been established that GEJ is clueless man.
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by monkeyleg: 1:32pm On Jul 03, 2011
I am begining to feel these nominations are token and designed to make up numbers. No real substance
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by mensdept: 4:19pm On Jul 03, 2011
Can someone tell me why the states are even "nominating" ministers for a president elected by the people of a country?
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by mansmith(m): 4:38pm On Jul 03, 2011
Arise o compatriots and cleans this country
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by Pharoh: 6:39pm On Jul 03, 2011
mens dept:

Can someone tell me why the states are even "nominating" ministers for a president elected by the people of a country?

Solve that problem and you would have solved 80 percent of this so called problems of incompetent people as ministers but no one is tackling that problem because it is now fashionable to blame good-luck for every damn problem in Nigeria.
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by Rhino5dm: 7:05pm On Jul 03, 2011
^ hmm. I guess we should blame Buhari! Eat your fart fresh poo and stop compalining.
Shameless people always looking for scape goat. I voted for GEJ not PDP nonsense!
You voted for this clueless drunken fisherman. Fresh air indeed.
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by EzeUche(m): 7:07pm On Jul 03, 2011
Rhino are you always on your knees when dealing with the North?

Pathetic
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by ZnO: 7:17pm On Jul 03, 2011
EzeUche:

Rhino are you always on your knees when dealing with the North?

Pathetic

I do not see how Buhari (he was tested previously and he failed in the economy) or even inexperienced Ribadu will do any better than GEJ, who himself was not the best we could have had. Give me an Utomi, a Soludo and an Iweala, and all will be well with Naija

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Percentage Of Muslims In Each SE State / Southeast Governors Plan Befitting Burial For Ekwueme / With Abiola As President, Nigeria Could Have Been Spared Ethno-religious Tension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.