Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,191 members, 7,839,047 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! (8618 Views)

Ministerial Nominee, Kayode Fayemi John’s CV / Behold PMB 21 Ministerial Nominee / Ministerial List: See List Of Speculated Nominees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by Pharoh: 7:31pm On Jul 03, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

^ hmm. I guess we should blame Buhari! Eat your fart fresh poo and stop compalining.
Shameless people always looking for scape goat. I voted for GEJ not PDP nonsense!
You voted for this clueless drunken fisherman. Fresh air indeed.

And you thought buhari was the scape goat right? undecided
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by Rhino5dm: 7:49pm On Jul 03, 2011
Ezeuche I'd choose north a zillion times before south. Don't ask me why.
I grew in the north, went to school in north to university level. So you cant be peddling lies about north and think i wont respond. Nah!

I contested and won election against an indigine and nobody mention my background even when it was obvious am not from the state, so what are you talking about? I'd trust a northerner with my life a zillion times before turning to any southerner including my southern extended family. I remembered after winning a keen contested election that took us to settle some scores with the then SSS director, one of my opponent brought the issue, but to my utter surprised he was shouted at by his own brothers. The SSS director sacarstically said accept this YORUBA student as your state president(after i won) CAN you believe that!

In as long am on this site, i represent 70% north & 30% SW. . .and if am to choose where to be buried I'd still go for NORTH. The northern blood is what keeps me going even when i had the opportunity to steal, lie and cheat I DON'T! Now can speak of thesame in the south? I grew up in one of the most trust worthy society which can never be compared to any place in the country. IMO. Get me right, i have both lived in the SE, SS and now in the SW!
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by EzeUche(m): 8:34pm On Jul 03, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

I grew in the north, went to school in north to university level. So you cant be peddling lies about north and think i wont respond. Nah!

I contested and won election against an indigine and nobody mention my background even when it was obvious am not from the state, so what are you talking about? I'd trust a northerner with my life a zillion times before turning to any southerner including my southern extended family. I remembered after winning a keen contested election that took us to settle some scores with the then SSS director, one of my opponent brought the issue, but to my utter surprised he was shouted at by his own brothers. The SSS director sacarstically said accept this YORUBA student as your state president(after i won) CAN you believe that!

In as long am on this site, i represent 70% north & 30% SW. . .and if am to choose where to be buried I'd still go for NORTH. The northern blood is what keeps me going even when i had the opportunity to steal, lie and cheat I DON'T! Now can speak of thesame in the south? I grew up in one of the most trust worthy society which can never be compared to any place in the country. IMO. Get me right, i have both lived in the SE, SS and now in the SW!

Brainwashed Yoruba, but home is where the heart is. . .

I might dislike the North, but I can respect your love for a region that is not your own.
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by Araboy(m): 9:32pm On Jul 03, 2011
So what if she can't speak English ? she is citizen of Nigeria and not the UK or Australia  i m wondering since when  English became Ibo  or Hausa native language
it is sad to see a country adopting a foreign language as an official one it can only be seen in Africa where people are brainwashed and where the President addresses people with a language that is not one of their own what a shame
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by jaz(m): 10:37pm On Jul 03, 2011
@ Zn0. I am totally in ur support. We are getting the kind of government we deserve. Nigerians are not ready to fight for freedom from oppression and corruption, the 'who wan die' mentality. Another is Godswill Orubebe, he was also lost when asked questions about niger delta, the amnesty program and its development, and he was minister.
Women should not wait to be handed appointments or coaxed they should join in nation building. I challenge all women of Adamawa to see Zainab Maina's example as a reason to rise to the patriotic call of nation building by furnishing us with better candidates@ Zn0. I am totally in ur support. We are getting the kind of government we deserve. Nigerians are not ready to fight for freedom from oppression and corruption, the 'who wan die' mentality. Another is Godswill Orubebe, he was also lost when asked questions about niger delta, the amnesty program and its development, and he was minister.
Women should not wait to be handed appointments or coaxed they should join in nation building. I challenge all women of Adamawa to see Zainab Maina's example as a reason to rise to the patriotic call of nation building by furnishing us with better candidates
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by Nobody: 3:14am On Jul 04, 2011
Another florence dame in the making
under my umblerra, lerra, ehhh ehhh
under my umblerrra lerra lerrra ehhh
before nko grin grin grin
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by BetaThings: 4:02am On Jul 04, 2011
joecrack:

Patiance is not recognised by the constitution,as such we dont give a damn about her capabilities nor disabilities.
If gej promised he was gonna bring technocrats blah blah blah in his cabinet,then Maina's nomination is an insult to our votes.

Are you sure? Are we going to impeach Jonathan for "unconstitutionally" having an Office of the First lady with its own vote
Have you seen the FG website with office of First lady prominently displayed

http://www.nigeria.gov.ng/administration.html

cogitoErgo:

I don't really agree wt the Patience comparison. Patience is the wife of the President, she was not nominated for her position and you cannot ask Mr. President to divorce because he has been elected as a president. In short, there is no other woman that can occupy Patience position other than Patience, but there are hundreds of qualified, competent and well learned in the national language, Northern or Hausa women that could be nominated into this particular woman's position.

That is right, but Patience voluntarily chose to speak at those occasions where her performance was embarrassing! People said it did not matter, that her husband loves her (a private issue), that she would be able to connect with Nigerians better (same argument that people can use for this minister)
An NTA staff is stationed permanently with Patience to ensure that her activities are properly covered

mens dept:

Can someone tell me why the states are even "nominating" ministers for a president elected by the people of a country?
All politics are local. without the support of the states, there will be people of this country to elect the president
You think he got 26% of the votes in Katsina because he came from Abuja to address them
He would have scored zero without the locals working for him

ZnO:

I do not see how Buhari (he was tested previously and he failed in the economy) or even inexperienced Ribadu will do any better than GEJ, who himself was not the best we could have had. Give me an Utomi, a Soludo and an Iweala, and all will be well with Naija

How did Buhari fail? Buhari spent 20months at a time of serious downturn in the economy
We are selling crude oil at above $100 and output is up, Jonathan is telling us that we should prepare for tough time
BTW Jonathan has now spent 17months in office!

cogitoErgo:

Hmm, , again I don't think speaking a language is the same as reciting an anthem.  Im sure that if many of us on NL are suddenly asked, without any prep, to recite national anthem, we are going to have 80% failure! Yet many of us can speak english more than the Queen herself and have the inteligent of Plato!
I also don't think anybody is talkng because this woman is from the north, all we are saying is 'put a round peg in a round hole'. If she is in a women's ministry, would she only interact with hausa speaking northern women? How will she interact with a yoruba or igbo woman who cannot understand a word of hausa? Remember this is a ministerial post and not a commisioner!

you are making cheap excuse for a Southerner
There is something about taking your job serious enough to prepare for an interview
If you were nominated for a ministerial position and given 5hours to appear before the senate
You would etch the anthem, pledge, the design of the coat of arms, states and their capitals in your memory in 2hours!

Araboy:

So what if she can't speak English ? she is citizen of Nigeria and not the UK or Australia  i m wondering since when  English became Ibo  or Hausa native language
it is sad to see a country adopting a foreign language as an official one it can only be seen in Africa where people are brainwashed and where the President addresses people with a language that is not one of their own what a shame

So which language should Jonathan address us in? Hausa? Yoruba?Igbo?
Anyway just adopt my language and we can drop English
BTW the Chinese are learning English fast as their economic importance is rising
It is difficult to publish a standard research work in Wazobia
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by YoruIgbo(m): 5:41am On Jul 04, 2011
I think OP slightly misrepresented his argument here, the argument should be that she is not educated or read as the case may be but not she can't speak English! the fact still remains that we are still enslaved to our slave master by using there language to measure success!! The likes of Hu Jintao and Sarkozy don't speak English even my friend Putin public admitted that he won't speak English until his English is good enough.
I understand the OP that this lady obviously is not educated and it's simply a shame that this is what zoning will lead us to some day in future, who knows may be they have zoned that position to her family and amongst the lot she is the best!!
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by member479760: 6:54am On Jul 04, 2011
The inability of the woman to express herself perfectly in English language should not be considered as a national disgrace as some people have said, if her common sense is working directly toward achieving national goal then why not allow the woman to move on?
The first president of my country a journalist couldn't achieve anything or develop a road map for the future generation to adhere to, likewise, we have had many Mr. grammars that were failure.

However, failure to generate enough electricity, 50 years after independent is total national disgrace for a country that has been pumping oil for over 50 years.

Ajaokuta steel complex - over 30 yrs still building, no complex, no steel, no money - how do you call it?

and you are calling a hard-working woman that find her way to house of national cake a name - bebecareeful.
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:09am On Jul 04, 2011
If you can't speak English in Nigeria, you're not educated, at least in the adopted western
system.

Why? Take a guess: 'cause the language of instruction is English!!!

If a non-western educated person can make it into a ministerial position, I think Western
Education is for the birds - and Boko Haram's got a salient point!!!

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by Johnpaul2k2(m): 7:17am On Jul 04, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

HOPE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SAYING grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by Akinolore(m): 7:27am On Jul 04, 2011
This is how wil give the theives chances to steal our money. Those who went to cambridge and appointed with PHD along with sound and command of english what have they offer us? China, korea, germany france etc have never adopt foreign language, yet developed, at worst they wil pay for interpreter. So wha is our problem with minister with poor english.
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by omoalaro: 7:29am On Jul 04, 2011
joecrack (m)  « #16 on: Yesterday at 08:53:09 AM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Patiance is not recognised by the constitution,as such we dont give a damn about her capabilities nor disabilities.
If gej promised he was gonna bring technocrats blah blah blah in his cabinet,then Maina's nomination is an insult to our votes.

But she's spending public fund unconstitutionally. Or who is funding her activities? under whose budget is she travelling about with hordes of friends and aides.
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by femeluaka(m): 7:41am On Jul 04, 2011
@werepereri,be very careful!!!
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by fenandopo: 7:44am On Jul 04, 2011
that lady is Prof. Ruqquaya Rufai, the former minister of Education who is to maintai her porfolio since the gej matra is 'continuity'.
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by chimaike: 8:05am On Jul 04, 2011
becomrichv:

To be honest with you, I am smarter than most of Jonathan ministers. I dont think people are impressed by Jonathan ministers list.  none of Jonathan minister have ever offer solution to Nigeria problem. They have no idea how to fix Nigeria. The man who was former transport minister was a disagree on television. All he did while watching him on the internet was roll his babariga.

He never said any smart thing , even before , he start, you know this man is going to be a failure. No one should expect anything of Jonathan government from the next 4 years, because his minister list are just people who can not perform.  Even Prof Nnaji. all the PHCN union have called for fast and prayer on this man.  prof nnaji is a failure. I know alot more than that man.

It tell you, before Jonathan started. he has failed with the people He picked as minister.

Look Awolowo was a region leader  who went to jail for treason in  Balewa govt and he was minister of finance in the federal cabinet of Gowon. nigeria did not own money. what I am trying to say. minister must be people who have mind of their own. People who are independent of their own mind and can speak their mind, even if it is opposite to public or govt position.  But you have people who just say thing to please the govt. Have you not seen me oppose the govt.

No nation can change with Yes Men. and the people on Jonathan list are yes men. Everybody is putting forward their name or trying to make the newspaper so that they can remember them for ministerial nomination now. But they have nothing to offer.

I went to Ethiope from canada some years ago and I was shock that even while ethiope did not have money, their street light works in ethiope. How long do we put useless people in power that cant make change. I think the list are not men who should be minister. that is my own opinion, it is a list of people who have nothing to offer the nation of Nigeria. and in four years I will back to tell you. I told you so.

It will be another of my accurate prediction.

Please tell us all you know abt this man, we are listening.
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by Gnexplore: 8:24am On Jul 04, 2011
Good day.

1. No need for name calling, better channel the energy towards letting Mr President know that Nigerians deserve better , as there abundant talents to chose from.

2. If she got nominated with this obvious flaws, then we are in for another wasted 4 years. GEJ with all his education should know better!!!
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by dustydee: 8:24am On Jul 04, 2011
A breath of fresh air! cheesy
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by Ryabcool(m): 8:31am On Jul 04, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

I contested and won election against an indigine[b](oga, it's indigent and not indigine. the northern education you had really reflects in you)[/b] and nobody mention my background even when it was obvious am not from the state, so what are you talking about? I'd trust a northerner with my life a zillion times before turning to any southerner including my southern extended family. I remembered after winning a keen contested election that took us to settle some scores with the then SSS director, one of my opponent brought the issue, but to my utter surprised he was shouted at by his own brothers. The SSS director sacarstically said accept this YORUBA student as your state president(after i won) CAN you believe that!

Don't worry, they would also smile and trust your head with their knives when it's allahu akbar time. mumu! Mschew! next please!
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by shoboy9: 8:52am On Jul 04, 2011
Up PDP! Determined to destroy us in every way possible.
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by Olumogun: 8:55am On Jul 04, 2011
I take a BOW and leave this thread!
grin grin grin
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by Jarus(m): 9:09am On Jul 04, 2011
I was totally dumbfounded while watching the ministerial screening on thursday.

There was this ministerial nominee, a lady in her 60's from one of the northern states who could hardly speak passable english.

The rockets she was throwing got so bad that the senators started shouting for her to stop. But the lady was so enthusiastic about presenting her CV that had nothing but her political activities on it didnt want to stop and kept going on and on.

At this point, the shouting of the senators got so bad that I thought the woman was not going to scale through the screening exercise successfully.
The president of the senate had to come in and stop the woman. He said that he feels that the woman should take a bow and go. The whole senate roared yes!
So our wonderful honourable ministerial nominee took a bow and left without answering a single question.

I predict that we will soon forget the missiles of Patience and the grammer of Honourable Obaiagbon. We have a new comic as minister.

I dont even know what that woman has to offer, but its all about fresh air, right?!
And a critic who can't spell 'grammar'!
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by TAILAS01(m): 9:24am On Jul 04, 2011
Boko haram.
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by HisExcellencyBKNjoku: 9:42am On Jul 04, 2011
fenando po:

that lady is Prof. Ruqquaya Rufai, the former minister of Education who is to maintai her porfolio since the gej matra is 'continuity'.

If you are right, then she may have been returned as minister of education grin i guess, so with all her degrees she can't speak passage english? Chaii, nigeria self.
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by swiftycool(m): 9:46am On Jul 04, 2011
LMAO! Are u guys really suprised? what type of people do u expect to be appointed by a person who bases his whole political career on no particular achievement but DUMB LUCK? Lucky brainless sods of course, like their appointer. I feel like slapping all those Gej pre-election supporters changing tone now, This was your choice "Lucky Joe and his Lucky lot", LIVE WITH IT!!!
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by success4(m): 10:15am On Jul 04, 2011
Life begets life! So what do you expect from GEJ?
slowpoke begets slowpoke
olodo begets olodo

He did mention FRESH AIR, all we have been seeing is nothing but FRESH BOMB.
A toothless administration of the century
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by Djswaggz(m): 10:17am On Jul 04, 2011
what da hell!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by madoba: 10:43am On Jul 04, 2011
Personally, I have mixed feelings about this topic. A person's inability to speak english doesn't necessarily mean he or she can't effect  positive change. We've had educated men and women lead this country for years yet we are not better off.

My state governor is a lawyer, was once a house of rep member and he hasn't done anything worthy of praise in all his 8 years in office and to think he was returned for another 4 years as governor.  cry  angry

On the other hand, a person's inability to speak english (in this age & time) does make me wonder about his or her competence to lead in a ministerial capacity. If we were to take a vote on this I guess I would be undecided  undecided. But I do know for a fact that am not impressed with GEJ.
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by Nosyke(m): 11:07am On Jul 04, 2011
Jarus:

And a critic who can't spell 'grammar'!

grin grin grin grin
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by favouredjb(f): 11:15am On Jul 04, 2011
Pitiable situation
Re: Ministerial Nominee Cant Speak English! by kpolli(m): 11:29am On Jul 04, 2011
seems the woman's son is on NL (werepeleri)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Crackdown On Okada Riders, Over 200 Arrested In Lagos / Emergency Rule: Reps Withdraw Jonathan’s Power Over States’ Funds / Biafra: Abaribe Denies Being Queried By Senate Over Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.