Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,057 members, 7,828,718 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

2023 Presidency: PDP Zoning Tradition Stands, Ayu Insists - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: PDP Zoning Tradition Stands, Ayu Insists (14948 Views)

Senate Presidency: PDP Senators-elect Reject Akpabio / Presidency: PDP Reps, SANs Warn Jonathan, Group Threatens Suit / 2019 Presidency: PDP Dumps Consensus Option, May Prune Down Aspirants To 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 Presidency: PDP Zoning Tradition Stands, Ayu Insists by athaboi(f): 7:20am On Mar 25, 2022
Ndimkpurummiri:
back door to the presidency is sign of being coward.
Let Pandora Peter Obi contest
Noise makers..why didn't south west contest against Jonathan in 2015? Why are you guys now trying to use the back door after supporting a northerner so that he will hand you over in 2023... thieves and hypocrites

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: PDP Zoning Tradition Stands, Ayu Insists by gentiles(m): 7:25am On Mar 25, 2022
[quote author=Cantonese post=111344864]

I think it’s not just about securing power, but also about equity, justice and fairness. If we go by that, the SE should be allowed without delay to get their share.

This consensus of the political positions going into the convention by the APC may be a smokescreen. I believe that in a few months more, those who lose in both parties will decamp. I think APC will suffer more because PMB’s name may not be there as their campaign symbol anymore. Moreso anyway, APC has plenty of cracks and would very likely breakup with the different formative groups taking away their structures.

For me Atiku needs to give up and support the south on the basis of their existing power sharing agreement. His desperate ambition cost him the position which was on a platter for him before OBJ’s second term in 2003. I do not see him getting the position of the president. Notice that right from the days of the first republic, politicians who wanted the presidency by all means never won, aside from PMB. President OBJ handed over to Yaradua and GEJ who did not have to do any work.

Amaechi is from the SS, but politically holds that he represents the SS and SE going by his Igbo name and his wife being an Igbo woman. I am of the opinion that PDP and APC must present candidates from the SE. Without doubts the SE has an abundance of candidates.

When you talk about Osinbanjo, you need to ask if he has a nationwide appeal. Let’s not look at it myopically. Can the APC platform carry him well enough to secure the position? Shehu Shagari was a political lightweight in 1979 against Nnamdi Azikiwe, Obafemi Awolowo and Aminu Kano, but he won nationally because the structure of the then NPN was better than NPN, UPN and RP. Can APC structure deliver Osinbanjo now that there is more division in the country along tribal and religious lines?

Peter Obi can win the election if PDP has more appeal and do the right things. Peter Obi is not the only candidate from the SE. We have heard Orji Kalu saying that he is only waiting for APC to zone to the SE before he declares his intention. Umahi’s intention is not a secret.

But in all, I strongly believe that northern interests in APC intend to hand over to GEJ. They expect that GEJ should complete his second term and power should revert to the north for 8 years. After that power should go to the SE.

I think that BAT with all his so far tribal consultations will lose.

[/quote
Typical igboman way of thinking. Osinbanjo does not have national appeal and Tinubu is tribal, but Peter Obi has the appeal and not tribal?

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: PDP Zoning Tradition Stands, Ayu Insists by Ferdinandu(m): 7:29am On Mar 25, 2022
Penguin2:

That’s politics for you.

Now he’s there, he wants to consolidate power. He wouldn’t wanna leave in less than six months.

But can Peter Obi win the presidency especially if Amaechi or Osinbajo is APC candidate?

For PDP to have one leg at Aso Rock, they need to midwife their ticket for Atiku.

A repeat of an Atiku/Obi ticket would be an easy victory for them.
Atiku's electoral value last time came from Buhari's failure. Buhari is no longer there again. You people shouting Atiku is ignorant of political waves in this country
Re: 2023 Presidency: PDP Zoning Tradition Stands, Ayu Insists by Charly68: 7:39am On Mar 25, 2022
This game is getting hotter , the players needs mathematical brain to take sound decisions... God will help them oo
Re: 2023 Presidency: PDP Zoning Tradition Stands, Ayu Insists by Anaerobi(m): 7:53am On Mar 25, 2022
Zeeku:
Obi is the best

Also my choice too. But Northerns are something else.
Re: 2023 Presidency: PDP Zoning Tradition Stands, Ayu Insists by monex(m): 7:55am On Mar 25, 2022
Penguin2:

That’s politics for you.

Now he’s there, he wants to consolidate power. He wouldn’t wanna leave in less than six months.

But can Peter Obi win the presidency especially if Amaechi or Osinbajo is APC candidate?

For PDP to have one leg at Aso Rock, they need to midwife their ticket for Atiku.

indeed!!! hence APC is smart and is pressuring them to field a south easterner.
Re: 2023 Presidency: PDP Zoning Tradition Stands, Ayu Insists by Truthisunique3: 8:00am On Mar 25, 2022
Penguin2:

That’s politics for you.

bro a good south south man can step in since north may use igbophobia to vote

Wike if you want tuggishnishness, or udom if you want calm yet performing man

I would hate for us to be going fulani again, it's not even a guarantee apc won't rig if they want

Tinubu would be sent out of apc don't forget, and kwanwaso would gulp alot of northern votes yet fail in south which PDP would hold strong

So PDP can tatically win election with a southern candidate
Re: 2023 Presidency: PDP Zoning Tradition Stands, Ayu Insists by Urbanchampion: 8:04am On Mar 25, 2022
alsudan:
Whoever thinks Ayu will sacrifice his Chairman position just to zone the Presidency to the North is a Mumu.

Atiku has been played. The Presidency goes South.

Peter Obi for President! Nigeria Must be Great!
Afghaneastern, una erd no dey ever correct. In your 4 corner skull, Tinubu is a thief, Atiku is also a thief, na only Obi China no be thief, abi? Animofia
Re: 2023 Presidency: PDP Zoning Tradition Stands, Ayu Insists by Fahdiga(m): 8:06am On Mar 25, 2022
Penguin2:

That’s politics for you.

I understand what you mean
Re: 2023 Presidency: PDP Zoning Tradition Stands, Ayu Insists by Penguin2: 8:10am On Mar 25, 2022
Cantonese:

I think it’s not just about securing power, but also about equity, justice and fairness. If we go by that, the SE should be allowed without delay to get their share.

This consensus of the political positions going into the convention by the APC may be a smokescreen. I believe that in a few months more, those who lose in both parties will decamp. I think APC will suffer more because PMB’s name may not be there as their campaign symbol anymore. Moreso anyway, APC has plenty of cracks and would very likely breakup with the different formative groups taking away their structures.

For me Atiku needs to give up and support the south on the basis of their existing power sharing agreement. His desperate ambition cost him the position which was on a platter for him before OBJ’s second term in 2003. I do not see him getting the position of the president. Notice that right from the days of the first republic, politicians who wanted the presidency by all means never won, aside from PMB. President OBJ handed over to Yaradua and GEJ who did not have to do any work.

Amaechi is from the SS, but politically holds that he represents the SS and SE going by his Igbo name and his wife being an Igbo woman. I am of the opinion that PDP and APC must present candidates from the SE. Without doubts the SE has an abundance of candidates.

When you talk about Osinbanjo, you need to ask if he has a nationwide appeal. Let’s not look at it myopically. Can the APC platform carry him well enough to secure the position? Shehu Shagari was a political lightweight in 1979 against Nnamdi Azikiwe, Obafemi Awolowo and Aminu Kano, but he won nationally because the structure of the then NPN was better than NPN, UPN and RP. Can APC structure deliver Osinbanjo now that there is more division in the country along tribal and religious lines?

Peter Obi can win the election if PDP has more appeal and do the right things. Peter Obi is not the only candidate from the SE. We have heard Orji Kalu saying that he is only waiting for APC to zone to the SE before he declares his intention. Umahi’s intention is not a secret.

But in all, I strongly believe that northern interests in APC intend to hand over to GEJ. They expect that GEJ should complete his second term and power should revert to the north for 8 years. After that power should go to the SE.

I think that BAT with all his so far tribal consultations will lose.

You are very much at point.

If you check my past posts here, you would know that I’m a strong advocate of Igbo presidency.

But there’s a caveat…

We need to insist that both parties zone their tickets to SE.

Because should an Igbo man get PDP ticket and a Yoruba or another non-Igbo at all gets APC ticket, the Yoruba, with their expertise in propaganda, will finish the PDP candidate with smear campaign and remind Nigerians of how an Igbo man will divide Nigeria or help Igbos to take over Nigeria.

And as usual, expect majority of Nigerians to fall for the propaganda and choose to vote a stone rather than vote an Igbo man.

Now, if we don’t wanna lie to ourselves about this reality, then our best bet would be to settle for VP with Atiku. Then with Atiku as president, the anti Igbo sentiment in the political space will be dampened which will now make it more possible for an Igbo man to stand election and win.

Alternatively, we can insist on the ticket and see what comes out it.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: PDP Zoning Tradition Stands, Ayu Insists by Penguin2: 8:19am On Mar 25, 2022
monex:

indeed!!! hence APC is smart and is pressuring them to field a south easterner.

That’s APC’s game plan and hoping PDP falls for it.

That’s why I’m usually surprised at Wike when he’s championing PDP zoning ticket to south. I don’t know the strategy he intends to deploy against a fellow Southerner in APC who would be backed by government in power.

PDP recognizes zoning, yes, but right now what is imperative is winning the election. It’s an existential choice they must have to make.
Re: 2023 Presidency: PDP Zoning Tradition Stands, Ayu Insists by Penguin2: 8:32am On Mar 25, 2022
Truthisunique3:
bro a good south south man can step in since north may use igbophobia to vote

Wike if you want tuggishnishness, or udom if you want calm yet performing man

I would hate for us to be going fulani again, it's not even a guarantee apc won't rig if they want

Tinubu would be sent out of apc don't forget, and kwanwaso would gulp alot of northern votes yet fail in south which PDP would hold strong

So PDP can tatically win election with a southern candidate

No Igbo will vote Wike.

Even the votes of the entire Southsouth might not be guaranteed for Wike.

Southwest may not vote Wike except they decide to cast a protest vote.

The north will not vote for Wike.

Wike’s political future died the day he said he is not Igbo.
Re: 2023 Presidency: PDP Zoning Tradition Stands, Ayu Insists by Sweeetheart(m): 8:36am On Mar 25, 2022
Penguin2:

That’s politics for you.

in what way will Atiku/obi candidacies a victory for PDP
Re: 2023 Presidency: PDP Zoning Tradition Stands, Ayu Insists by Tareq1105: 8:37am On Mar 25, 2022
alsudan:
Whoever thinks Ayu will sacrifice his Chairman position just to zone the Presidency to the North is a Mumu.

Atiku has been played. The Presidency goes South.

Peter Obi for President! Nigeria Must be Great!

Does your Peter Obi look like someone that is ready?
Re: 2023 Presidency: PDP Zoning Tradition Stands, Ayu Insists by Xfemt(m): 8:37am On Mar 25, 2022
Mooh247:
So nothing for Shout Yeast again

They would lunch all verbal attacks against Tinubu and Tinubu would simply press mute and ignore them
so any one who don’t like thieftinubu is ibo right ?

Ode
Re: 2023 Presidency: PDP Zoning Tradition Stands, Ayu Insists by juman(m): 8:39am On Mar 25, 2022
Presidency should be zoned to South East.
They voted for the pdp with seriousness.
Re: 2023 Presidency: PDP Zoning Tradition Stands, Ayu Insists by juman(m): 8:43am On Mar 25, 2022
Personally I prefer northern Christian because southerners were prolific thieves when in aso rock for fourteen years.
Oleeeee.
Re: 2023 Presidency: PDP Zoning Tradition Stands, Ayu Insists by Truthisunique3: 8:43am On Mar 25, 2022
Penguin2:

No Igbo will vote Wike.

Even the votes of the entire Southsouth might not be guaranteed for Wike.

Southwest may not vote Wike except they decide to cast a protest vote.

The north will not vote for Wike.

Wike’s political future died the day he said he is not Igbo.

na why I said udom, the man has worked, the man is level headed

I don't want any bastard fulani in aso rock, their brothers terrorizing south don first pause waiting another go ahead renewal because na Dem go get government again.

Field udom, kwanwaso as only northerner go split north votes, atiku fit join another party split north votes again

PDP would get a good percent in north and still secure the south
Re: 2023 Presidency: PDP Zoning Tradition Stands, Ayu Insists by Truthisunique3: 9:02am On Mar 25, 2022
Penguin2:

If you check my past posts here, you would know that I’m a strong advocate of Igbo presidency.

But there’s a caveat…

Because should an Igbo man get PDP ticket and a Yoruba or another non-Igbo at all gets APC ticket, the Yoruba, with their expertise in propaganda, will finish the PDP candidate with smear campaign and remind Nigerians of how an Igbo man will divide Nigeria or help Igbos to take over Nigeria.

And as usual, expect majority of Nigerians to fall for the propaganda and choose to vote a stone rather than vote an Igbo man.

Now, if we don’t wanna lie to ourselves about this reality, then our best bet would be to settle for VP with Atiku. Then with Atiku as president, the anti Igbo sentiment in the political space will be dampened which will now make it more possible for an Igbo man to stand election and win.

The atmosphere is not right for Igbo presidency yet unfortunately, even if an atiku finish presidency an Igbo vp taking over from him immediately won't still be ripe

Because a supposed darling of igbos is seen as a threat to yorubas and north and they abound more in PDP.

It's really counterproductive to be doing all this because of mere vp

Make Dem force atiku out, udom should take flag, if an amaechi wins good one for Igbo, if an udom wins good one for PDP (not even igbos per say)

Amaechi presidency is easier to fine tune igbos with Nigeria at large, atiku presidency wont
Re: 2023 Presidency: PDP Zoning Tradition Stands, Ayu Insists by adekolaelect(m): 9:50am On Mar 25, 2022
Astoria:
...and this is WHAT you've got to offer? Sense be upon you.
mumu you are still on Photoshop pix till now?

Re: 2023 Presidency: PDP Zoning Tradition Stands, Ayu Insists by vunajohn(m): 9:59am On Mar 25, 2022
I think is PDP want to take power back then Northern should be the Candidate if not, Tinubu might win

BlazinGlory40:

On one hand we clamour for power to return south and on the other hand asking for atiku to be given ticket. I think a stand needs to be taken
Re: 2023 Presidency: PDP Zoning Tradition Stands, Ayu Insists by Nobody: 10:11am On Mar 25, 2022
adekolaelect:
mumu you are still on Photoshop pix till now?
Kindly compare and contrast both photos without sentiments and tell apart which is photoshopped. Yours happens to be a studio photo with a whole lot of make-up. Mine if of a genuinely sick ancestor taken with a sincere camera. You are lucky I'm not a mood to talk back on anyone today. Not even a cretin like you would spoil my excellent mood, not today. Grand ST101BAN.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: PDP Zoning Tradition Stands, Ayu Insists by monex(m): 10:16am On Mar 25, 2022
Penguin2:

That’s APC’s game plan and hoping PDP falls for it.

That’s why I’m usually surprised at Wike when he’s championing PDP zoning ticket to south. I don’t know the strategy he intends to deploy against a fellow Southerner in APC who would be backed by government in power.

PDP recognizes zoning, yes, but right now what is imperative is winning the election. It’s an existential choice they must have to make.

well PDP is also trying to be smart by breaking the zoning into geo-political regions. If we go by that then north east is the most disadvantaged as they are yet to produce a President (democracy or military). PDP might try to play a north east and then south east arrangement
Re: 2023 Presidency: PDP Zoning Tradition Stands, Ayu Insists by adekolaelect(m): 10:47am On Mar 25, 2022
Astoria:
Kindly compare and contrast both photos without sentiments and tell apart which is photoshopped. Yours happens to be a studio photo with a whole lot of make-up. Mine if of a genuinely sick ancestor taken with a sincere camera. You are lucky I'm not a mood to talk back on anyone today. Not even a cretin like you would spoil my excellent mood, not today. Grand ST101BAN.
Hatred minded doesn't have good mode.

Re: 2023 Presidency: PDP Zoning Tradition Stands, Ayu Insists by BlazinGlory40: 10:47am On Mar 25, 2022
vunajohn:
I think is PDP want to take power back then Northern should be the Candidate if not, Tinubu might win

Then if PDP wins and after another eight years, APC will field a northerner to win back power. See how people unknowingly set a dangerous precedent
Re: 2023 Presidency: PDP Zoning Tradition Stands, Ayu Insists by Cryofigbos: 11:09am On Mar 25, 2022
Truthisunique3:
PDP should zone this thing to south let everyone contest

Buhari is about kicking the drug lord from APC so I don't know why dem dey fear

U no even get rest of mind again....na tinubu matter u dey dream of day and night, hope ur parent r aware tho...make u no end up like chinedu grin

There's nothing else inside that ur dumb useless empty head aside tinubu matter, its impossible u comment without bringing tinubu into it even when it has nothing to do with him

Na that ur imaginary drug accuse lord go be ur president and there's nothing u, ur parent or ppl with ur kind of brain can do about it

If u don't want him,relocate to Cameroon grin
Re: 2023 Presidency: PDP Zoning Tradition Stands, Ayu Insists by Starpro87(m): 11:13am On Mar 25, 2022
We all know the nature of Nigeria politics and its tenets, if we could tell ourselves the truth.
Politic is a game of number and the North holds sway when it comes to that.
PDP is not in control of the centre, so they should deploy any tactics that can achieve that for them. As valid as that appears to be, such tactics must not be deployed without affiliation with the North. If PDP really want to take over power, they must do away with any form of zoning because it will result in infighting.
Grace.
Re: 2023 Presidency: PDP Zoning Tradition Stands, Ayu Insists by Randomgist(m): 11:17am On Mar 25, 2022
Penguin2:

But there’s a caveat…

Painful to admit but it's the truth. The only way an Igbo msn can become president at the present is if the major parties zone presidency to the SE. The strong igbophobia across Nigeria will never allow other tribes to vote Igbo if they have an alternative candidate. The only option for the Igbo if they can't get zoning from the major parties is to pursue vp position. With that they can prepare for the future.
Re: 2023 Presidency: PDP Zoning Tradition Stands, Ayu Insists by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 11:21am On Mar 25, 2022
athaboi:
Noise makers..why didn't south west contest against Jonathan in 2015? Why are you guys now trying to use the back door after supporting a northerner so that he will hand you over in 2023... thieves and hypocrites
stop wailing
Re: 2023 Presidency: PDP Zoning Tradition Stands, Ayu Insists by athaboi(f): 11:26am On Mar 25, 2022
Ndimkpurummiri:
stop wailing
Can you be objective and answer me? I asked a question...go ahead and be bold in answering me! Don't run away from issues
Re: 2023 Presidency: PDP Zoning Tradition Stands, Ayu Insists by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 11:49am On Mar 25, 2022
[s]
athaboi:
Can you be objective and answer me? I asked a question...go ahead and be bold in answering me! Don't run away from issues
[/s] y1bo can never become president

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: PDP Zoning Tradition Stands, Ayu Insists by Joetttimua1811(m): 11:51am On Mar 25, 2022
Make ina Sha give us better person

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rivers Teachers Are Miscreants - CP Mbu / My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle / Reps Summon Adeosun Over N17 Billion ‘office Equipment’ Contract Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.