Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,930 members, 7,817,721 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

What Is All These Noise About Fashola Doing Well As A Governor? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is All These Noise About Fashola Doing Well As A Governor? (811 Views)

Smart Adeyemi Defects To APC, Says Buhari Is Doing Well / The Truth About Fashola's Success / What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is All These Noise About Fashola Doing Well As A Governor? by uzoma123(m): 8:14pm On Jul 02, 2011
In as much as I appreciate the work of Fashola in his effort to depart from the old style of governance in Lagos State and Nigeria in general, I find it hard to contend with his reason for neglecting other areas at the expense of the high and mighty in the society with their foreign partners who reside or do business in Ikoyi, Victoria Island and Lekki.

I find it more difficult to rationalize the idea of sand-filling part of the atlantic ocean when many Lagosians are finding it difficult to either come out or go back to their house at the end of a hard day's work. From Oshodi to Egbeda, Iyan Ikpaja to Apapa etc., the stories are the same of a people totally neglected by a government that is beginning to look more of an elitist agenda.

I have just realized that all the roads/highways this government is rebuilding are those roads where their BRT buses plies. If you check other roads like Apapa-Oshodi road, there is no BRT route there. Even the BRT buses are now being operated like molue buses. Initially there was no standing but now all those comfort we enjoy on the buses are gone with more people standing than those sitting. This is very sad.

Poor people are not allowed by the state and local government agents to display their sign board coupled with the multiple taxation impose on them, yet these people can not see anything either from the state or Local government to show for it.

Three people just lost their lives yesterday at Bolade junction at Oshodi because of the unscrupulous activities of LASTMA agents who cause their death in the hands of a bus driver while trying to escape from these touts.

The mainland in Lagos is yet to be developed and this government is busy reclaiming land that is under the sea. What an irony! Most of the so called major roads became congested after closing hours because the diverting roads off the highways are to bad.

Fashola should stop massaging the ego of his godfathers and consider the poor people who voted him into office.

He should enforce laws like rent issues, affordable health, good roads and the issue of touts working as agents of Lagos state government.

I voted for him because I thought he will be his own man this time, but well i am still watching.
Re: What Is All These Noise About Fashola Doing Well As A Governor? by ZnO: 8:19pm On Jul 02, 2011
You are a bloody okoro; so thou shalt not criticize the almighty, infallible Fashola.
Re: What Is All These Noise About Fashola Doing Well As A Governor? by NegroNtns(m): 8:53pm On Jul 02, 2011
@OP,

Fashola is doing what government of Lagos has always done.

Lagos State Government is centralized in Lagos City Hall, which though is not the seat of Governor, has always been the nerve center of Lagos metropolis, even back to the time of the Mayor of Lagos.

The Lagos Metro include the mainland suburbs.

The plannning of Lagos and urban expansion took an accelerated turn in 60s and rapidly continued until maybe mid 90s and attention was shifted back to developing and renewing the Islands.

Surulere and all the road and bridge networks as well as housing projects, Tejuosho, Ikeja, OJo, Yaba, Apapa - Oshodi trunk road, numerous housing projects in Isolo, Akowonjo, Ipaja, Alimosho, etc.

However, the population overwhelm the infrastructural build-out and worse, the people are reluctant to do simple civic duties of maintaining and sustaining the neighborhoods and environment so many of what we condenm as eye sores are actually beauutiful structures that just need people to self-direct in the upkeep and beuatifying of their communities.

As far as health, lagos had a public health system with impressive health centers, staffed and well operated until, again the popuation swell overwelmed it.
Lagos should stop developing and expanding out. The governors in other states should builkd and expand their home states and encourage their citizens looking for these amenities to stay home instead of going to Lagos to seek better quality of living.

Fashola's action is not miguided, its a good policy to stir the consceince of his peers to take responsibility in their home states and relief their citizens of homelessness and suffering in Lagos.

(1) (Reply)

Full Blown Terrorisim In Nigeria - Blast Kills 7 Soldiers In Maiduguri / Boko Haram Kills Member Who Met With Obj / How Fg Blew N1.5trn –maccido

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.