Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

The Truth About Fashola's Success - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Truth About Fashola's Success (23144 Views)

See What Wole Soyinka Wrote About Fashola(pic) / What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! Pt 2 / What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth About Fashola's Success by thelastPope(m): 1:05am On Dec 21, 2012
Big question for these ACN trolls on NL

If Fashola is such a big success in Lagos like their media want us to believe, why did ACN loose several LGAs in the last LGA election to PDP and ACN had to rig it?

SMH at the level of propaganda from these peeps!

If you want to be sincere, then you have to talk in specifics, not this generalised successes you lot talk about.

What has he achieved in:

Education: Lagos schools are worse of today than they were 10 years ago. Dilapidated structures everywhere with not enough teachers and it isnt even free because the students still pay all sorts of fees. In Lagos, it is only the very poor who cant afford private schools that send their children to government schools. In Benin city, which is ironically another ACN state and in which the governor has done less time than Fashola, It is the other way around. People are widthdrawing their children from private schools and sending them to public schools because the public schools are great. Fashola is the only governor in Nigeria and in the history of Nigeria as far as I can recall, that has increased schools fees by over 1000%. He increased LASU school fees from 25k to 250k and as much as 300k for some courses. This is not even imaginable. It is as diabolical it gets. Then when the students protests, he sends in bruttal policemen to chase them away. Many have had to drop out from school because they cant afford it. This is the same guy who said the FG was too high handed by sending the army to Ojota

Health Care: This one is just humorous. Fashola and ACN in 13 years havent built one new hospital for Lagos. Still the old LUTH and general hospital. No change. Instead, they are praising him for renovating small 30 by 30 maternity centers. centers that where even renovated by MTN foundation, with their sign post conspiciously displayed. His only achievement here was to sack 788 doctors in one day. That is one of the worst administrative blunders in the history of Nigeria. I laughed when I read a previous post that he is a great administrator! Great administrator? Someone whose solution to doctors strike was to sack the whole doctors in the state? Ha! Is that how he will rule Nigeria? The presidential guard will pursue him back to Lagos! lol! If he cannot manage such crisis in one state of Nigeria, how will he manage Nigeria? Those who call GEJ clueless forget that he has continued to manage crisis after crisis and continues to pull everyone along. Love him or hate him, he has continued to hold everything together from North to south.

Roads: Its about six years now and Fashola cannot point to one major new road built in Lagos. I am still wondering where Lagos allocations go. It is funny that every time some credit is giving to Lagos in terms of facility and infrastructure, some of these ACN peeps quickly shout "Fashola is working" as if the facilities are built by Fashola. Lagos has become a business city powered fully by the private sector. All the infrastructures we enjoy in Lagos are built by the private sector, not Fashola. From the cinemas to shoprite to the various entertainment centers et al. I dont understand how that is Fashola working. Propaganda of course. After adding extra lanes to Lekki, he introduced toll gates to a residential area. I mean, that is a first again in Nigeria. Toll gates in a residential area? Some people go from Lekki area to main VI like 5 times daily and back and they have to pay toll fees each time they pass the road. And when the residents protest peacefully, the response, just like the LASU one, is a bruttal assault by his thugs in alliance with the police. He attacked hapless old men on a peaceful protest, yet some pumpkin heads here want us to believe he is a sane and civil guy. If it was GEJ that bruttalized people like that, these same political and tribal jingoist would not let us hear word on NL! Ridiculous to say the least!

Water ways: This is just a funny one. Promises and more promises right from Tinubu's time. Nothing has even left the ground. Total failure here. Nothing to talk about

Transportation: This to me should have been his biggest achievement, but the ban of Okada has rubbushed it. How? The ban of okada has shown that the BRT project is a failure. Totally inadequate. Doesnt even come close to solving half the problem of Lagos transportation. Now, people are trekking like real villagers that Fashola has turned them into and they are swearing for him while they trek. Lagos is now total chaos. The traffic has escalated like times 4. What Okada ban was supposed to achieve, has turn into a total disaster. 3 to 5 hours now to go from Ikeja to VI or back, gauranteed! The traffic is alraming now! No transport on the road. People wait at the busstop for 2,3 hours trying to get a bus or keke. That is the legacy of a failed administrator who knows nothing of how to manage a metropolitan city. He thinks you can just wave a magic wand and scare everyone into submission. And some propaganda crew here wants us to believe he can manage Nigeria. He tops it up with the enactment of the Lagos traffic law 2012. A draconian law that looks like it was written by arrogant baby lawyers. I have read and re-read the law and it makes for a fine comic relief. many of the laws there will not stand a challenge in court. They are as draconian as it gets and many parts of that law contradicts the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria. The late Gani would have made a piece meal of it!

Public Amenities: Another big zero! Lagos, after 13 years of ACN rule, still doesnt have public water. I mean in 2012, you cannot open your tap and get clean portable water. You cannot even get unclean water, with all the water in Lagos. A city where you dig only 5 feet in some places and hit water, you cannot get pipe borne water in your house. Yet the state government collects all sorts of taxes like there is no tomorrow. I dont know how a government that cannot even provide something as basic as public water is considered fit to rule Nigeria. Only sychophants would endorse that!

After 13 years of ACN rule, Lagos still reminds me of the movie, slum dog millionaire! That movie should have been shot in Lagos. Would really fit! Fahosla is like a doctor who rubs skin lotion on a sore and closes his eye lid tightly, believing that when he opens his eyes, the sore would have been completely gone. That is what he did in places like Oshodi. He brought in bulldozers and task force agberos and chased everyone away and celebrated the clearing and cleaning of Oshodi. But he forgot that the dirt in Oshodi were created by a depraved and down trodden masses. So by clearing the dirt and not alleviating the plight of the depraved masses, he only rubbed body lotion over a bad sore. Now Oshodi is fast becoming like it was before. And several more Oshodis are springing up. Like Egbeda, Ketu, Ikorodu, Ojodu Berger and many more are becoming the new Oshodi because the problem was never solved. It just got replicated! Please if you want to talk about Fashola's achievements, talk specifics and we would take you serious. as for specifics, they are not impressive. They are all wash! Propaganda at its best. The strategy is simple. Do a project with 1 million naira and promote it with 100 million naira. Fashola will be a very good music artist manager in Nigeria!

31 Likes

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by nameo: 1:59am On Dec 21, 2012
I love Lagos Govt cos its agencies works unlike most other Govts in Nigeria.

You made some fair point though

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by Ikengawo: 2:37am On Dec 21, 2012
i don't live in Lagos so my opinion should fairly be taken with a grain of salt, but i've also noticed some of the things the poster has said with a few being new news to me.
Lagos is booming but it seems to be in large part due to leading a private sector boom that's effecting the whole of africa.
The things accredited to fashola have been in large part private sector projects, even Eko Atlantic.

It's no wonder Lagos can brag about being the only state that doesn't need federal remittances, it's not doing much as far as spending compared to others states that are
renovating all their schools
giving free health care
giving free education
adding new roads
building industries
etc.

this doesn't mean i think Fashola is a bad leader, just an overrated one. Still a professional with vision though

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by babapupa: 3:10am On Dec 21, 2012
Another dumb and ret/arded GEJ apologist..

When are you going to how us one single thing your uncle GEJ built and commissioned as a deputy governor, as a governor, as the vice president of Nigeria and as the president of Nigeria?

The thread below just called you a liar.

Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics)

https://www.nairaland.com/695873/fashola-eko-o-ni-baje/4

7 Likes

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by ballabriggs: 3:27am On Dec 21, 2012
Reno Omokri have you no shame. Must you continue to live the life of a scum.

That Lagos does not build its schools or does not provide free health service is the biggest trash I have read. In Fashola's first term there was a project to renovate and build 500 classroom blocks in Lagos, that I know for sure. And there where also hospital projects all over the state. LASUTH Emergency ward and the the Island Maternity upgrade is one of the few.

Okay, the calculation is Fashola may contest for Presidency in 2015, so take every step to rubbish the man. Epic Fail I say!! He has 1 million brains more than the dumbass called Jona and if he decides to move, I will mobilise and support him. He is a man of vision, he knows what direction he wants to lead to, unlike Jona who seems a blind man crossing Ikorodu road unaided.

The biggest problem Lagos has is that it has too many to cater for relative to its resources. Why? Because there is virtually nothing going on in every other part of the country. Tell Jona to repair that East West road wey dey our backyard make development spread and reduce the pressure on Lagos. That should be Jona's focus instead of spending his whole day drinking 'sapele water' and leading Azazi to kaput in a 'kabu kabu' helicopter.

Go and get a life you scum.

20 Likes

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by OgbuefiNegro: 4:05am On Dec 21, 2012
anytime any of our leaders in west take step in the wrong direction we jump on their case and demand correction. fashola is a bright star, he is not the first and wont be the last. Herbert Macaulay, Awolowo, Ajasin, Fawehinmi, Jakande, Obasanjo .....and many in past, yet many to come. We love them but we also scrutinized them. It shall remain so.

anytime a leader in North fvk up, Hausas cover him up and treat him with patriotism.

when Igbo leaders go looney and do opposite what people want, yanmiri start venting anger meant for this leader on Lagos and its governors instead.
for example, Obi said ndigbos are too difficult to govern.

if that was their governor yoruba would have attacked obi for his statement. hausa will use it in friday sermon and preach to people to respect leaders.
what would igbo do? they are upset but would not say anything about obi, instead they will start complaining about lekki toll gate, about motor park fees at mile 2, about tinubu mansion at ikoyi.

....fvkd up baboons! angry

15 Likes

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by koruji(m): 5:14am On Dec 21, 2012
RETARDED

thelastPope: Big question for these ACN trolls on NL

If Fashola is such a big success in Lagos like their media want us to believe, why did ACN loose several LGAs in the last LGA election to PDP and ACN had to rig it?

If you want to be sincere, then you have to talk in specifics, not this generalised successes you lot talk about.

What has he achieved in:

Education: Lagos schools are worse of today than they were 10 years ago. Dilapidated structures everywhere with not enough teachers and it isnt even free because the students still pay all sorts of fees. In Lagos, it is only the very poor who cant afford private schools that send their children to government schools. In Benin city, which is ironically another ACN state and in which the governor has done less time than Fashola, It is the other way around. People are widthdrawing their children from private schools and sending them to public schools because the public schools are great. Fashola is the only governor in Nigeria and in the history of Nigeria as far as I can recall, that has increased schools fees by over 1000%. He increased LASU school fees from 25k to 250k and as much as 300k for some courses. This is not even imaginable. It is as diabolical it gets. Then when the students protests, he sends in bruttal policemen to chase them away. Many have had to drop out from school because they cant afford it. This is the same guy who said the FG was too high handed by sending the army to Ojota

Health Care: This one is just humorous. Fashola and ACN in 13 years havent built one new hospital for Lagos. Still the old LUTH and general hospital. No change. Instead, they are praising him for renovating small 30 by 30 maternity centers. centers that where even renovated by MTN foundation, with their sign post conspiciously displayed. His only achievement here was to sack 788 doctors in one day. That is one of the worst administrative blunders in the history of Nigeria. I laughed when I read a previous post that he is a great administrator! Great administrator? Someone whose solution to doctors strike was to sack the whole doctors in the state? Ha! Is that how he will rule Nigeria? The presidential guard will pursue him back to Lagos! lol! If he cannot manage such crisis in one state of Nigeria, how will he manage Nigeria? Those who call GEJ clueless forget that he has continued to manage crisis after crisis and continues to pull everyone along. Love him or hate him, he has continued to hold everything together from North to south.

Roads: Its about six years now and Fashola cannot point to one major new road built in Lagos. I am still wondering where Lagos allocations go. It is funny that every time some credit is giving to Lagos in terms of facility and infrastructure, some of these ACN peeps quickly shout "Fashola is working" as if the facilities are built by Fashola. Lagos has become a business city powered fully by the private sector. All the infrastructures we enjoy in Lagos are built by the private sector, not Fashola. From the cinemas to shoprite to the various entertainment centers et al. I dont understand how that is Fashola working. Propaganda of course. After adding extra lanes to Lekki, he introduced toll gates to a residential area. I mean, that is a first again in Nigeria. Toll gates in a residential area? Some people go from Lekki area to main VI like 5 times daily and back and they have to pay toll fees each time they pass the road. And when the residents protest peacefully, the response, just like the LASU one, is a bruttal assault by his thugs in alliance with the police. He attacked hapless old men on a peaceful protest, yet some pumpkin heads here want us to believe he is a sane and civil guy. If it was GEJ that bruttalized people like that, these same political and tribal jingoist would not let us hear word on NL! Ridiculous to say the least!

Water ways: This is just a funny one. Promises and more promises right from Tinubu's time. Nothing has even left the ground. Total failure here. Nothing to talk about

Transportation: This to me should have been his biggest achievement, but the ban of Okada has rubbushed it. How? The ban of okada has shown that the BRT project is a failure. Totally inadequate. Doesnt even come close to solving half the problem of Lagos transportation. Now, people are trekking like real villagers that Fashola has turned them into and they are swearing for him while they trek. Lagos is now total chaos. The traffic has escalated like times 4. What Okada ban was supposed to achieve, has turn into a total disaster. 3 to 5 hours now to go from Ikeja to VI or back, gauranteed! The traffic is alraming now! No transport on the road. People wait at the busstop for 2,3 hours trying to get a bus or keke. That is the legacy of a failed administrator who knows nothing of how to manage a metropolitan city. He thinks you can just wave a magic wand and scare everyone into submission. And some propaganda crew here wants us to believe he can manage Nigeria. He tops it up with the enactment of the Lagos traffic law 2012. A draconian law that looks like it was written by arrogant baby lawyers. I have read and re-read the law and it makes for a fine comic relief. many of the laws there will not stand a challenge in court. They are as draconian as it gets and many parts of that law contradicts the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria. The late Gani would have made a piece meal of it!

Public Amenities: Another big zero! Lagos, after 13 years of ACN rule, still doesnt have public water. I mean in 2012, you cannot open your tap and get clean portable water. You cannot even get unclean water, with all the water in Lagos. A city where you dig only 5 feet in some places and hit water, you cannot get pipe borne water in your house. Yet the state government collects all sorts of taxes like there is no tomorrow. I dont know how a government that cannot even provide something as basic as public water is considered fit to rule Nigeria. Only sychophants would endorse that!

After 13 years of ACN rule, Lagos still reminds me of the movie, slum dog millionaire! That movie should have been shot in Lagos. Would really fit! Fahosla is like a doctor who rubs skin lotion on a sore and closes his eye lid tightly, believing that when he opens his eyes, the sore would have been completely gone. That is what he did in places like Oshodi. He brought in bulldozers and task force agberos and chased everyone away and celebrated the clearing and cleaning of Oshodi. But he forgot that the dirt in Oshodi were created by a depraved and down trodden masses. So by clearing the dirt and not alleviating the plight of the depraved masses, he only rubbed body lotion over a bad sore. Now Oshodi is fast becoming like it was before. And several more Oshodis are springing up. Like Egbeda, Ketu, Ikorodu, Ojodu Berger and many more are becoming the new Oshodi because the problem was never solved. It just got replicated! Please if you want to talk about Fashola's achievements, talk specifics and we would take you serious. as for specifics, they are not impressive. They are all wash! Propaganda at its best. The strategy is simple. Do a project with 1 million naira and promote it with 100 million naira. Fashola will be a very good music artist manager in Nigeria!
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by PointB: 12:47pm On Dec 21, 2012
Lagos State Government remains one of the biggest fraud in Nigeria. As rightly noted by one of the commentators most of the development claimed by LASG are project initiated by the private sectors. It then begs the question, what exactly is Lagos State doing with it's IGR and substantial Federal Allocation? I bet only Fashola and Tinubu can answer this question.

The ACN propaganda machine in Nairaland, shamelessly led by the insidious Resident Hypocrite (Gbawe) aim to steer us away from this hard questions by channeling their drivel towards GEJ. If Lagos is deemed one of the most important state in Nigeria, we should spare ample time keeping our eyes on the money trail in this financial secretive enclave of Tinubu.

My 2 kobo!

13 Likes

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by dlight1(m): 2:08pm On Dec 21, 2012
Well he has really tried in certain aspects but on a general note I don't see anything special about this Fashola guy, he's just being overrated. There definitely other governors doing better than him example is Rochas Okorocha and Mimiko. As corrupt as Tinubu his while in government he was perceived to be performing this is because Lagos is the commercial hub of the nation and without allocation from the federal government it can make do with what is realized from the internal revenue. What Lagos alone realizes as IGR in a month other large states will hardly get such in years as Lagos accounts for about 60-70 of the country's GDP

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 21, 2012
Hmmm! Anyway, I dont have any information on whether Fashola has performed or not. But I also have a feeling he's over-rated and that there's so much media propaganda around him. However, I will chose Oshiomole over and above Fashola, any day, anytime.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by Demdem(m): 3:49pm On Dec 21, 2012
babapupa: Another dumb and ret/arded GEJ apologist..

When are you going to how us one single thing your uncle GEJ built and commissioned as a deputy governor, as a governor, as the vice president of Nigeria and as the president of Nigeria?

The thread below just called you a liar.

Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics)

https://www.nairaland.com/695873/fashola-eko-o-ni-baje/4

Gba be !!!1 grin grin

Can u imagine, the foool called lostpope said Fashola cant point to one major new road. grin
What a clown

thelastPope:

Roads: Its about six years now and Fashola cannot point to one major new road built in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by thelastPope(m): 3:58pm On Dec 21, 2012
Demdem:

Gba be !!!1 grin grin

Can u imagine, the foool called lostpope said Fashola cant point to one major new road. grin
What a clown

You have collected your Christmas salary from Alausa so you can make noise now! Lol! Did they give you any bonus or bag of salt? I will continue to expose ya'll! Deal with it!

8 Likes

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by Demdem(m): 4:00pm On Dec 21, 2012
thelastPope:

[s]You have collected your Christmas salary from Alausa so you can make noise now! Lol! Did they give you any bonus or bag of salt? I will continue to expose ya'll! Deal with it![/s]

Fool, what has this got to do with this lie of a thread u brought up? Was it not u that claimed Fashola hasnt constructed one single road for the past 6yrs? grin grin at least that is part of ur "exposee" nau grin
Hopeless Eediot. grin grin

4 Likes

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by thelastPope(m): 4:47pm On Dec 21, 2012
Demdem:

Fool, what has this got to do with this lie of a thread u brought up? Was it not u that claimed Fashola hasnt constructed one single road for the past 6yrs? grin grin at least that is part of ur "exposee" nau grin
Hopeless Eediot. grin grin

Did he construct one in your village? Or in your dream? Please let us know! lol

5 Likes

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by Demdem(m): 4:52pm On Dec 21, 2012
thelastPope:

Did he construct one in your village? Or in your dream? Please let us know! lol

ur case is simply pathetic. I will leave u for now and allow ur madness to consume u.

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by seanet01: 4:59pm On Dec 21, 2012
Ibos and their stvpidity.
Fashola did not construct any road for the past six year?
This gotta be a joke
have you forgotten that Fashola constructed more roads than Ghana?
Some people are just plain dumb.
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by Gbawe: 5:08pm On Dec 21, 2012
ballabriggs: Reno Omokri have you no shame. Must you continue to live the life of a scum.

That Lagos does not build its schools or does not provide free health service is the biggest trash I have read. In Fashola's first term there was a project to renovate and build 500 classroom blocks in Lagos, that I know for sure. And there where also hospital projects all over the state. LASUTH Emergency ward and the the Island Maternity upgrade is one of the few.

Okay, the calculation is Fashola may contest for Presidency in 2015, so take every step to rubbish the man. Epic Fail I say!! He has 1 million brains more than the dumbass called Jona and if he decides to move, I will mobilise and support him. He is a man of vision, he knows what direction he wants to lead to, unlike Jona who seems a blind man crossing Ikorodu road unaided.

The biggest problem Lagos has is that it has too many to cater for relative to its resources. Why? Because there is virtually nothing going on in every other part of the country. Tell Jona to repair that East West road wey dey our backyard make development spread and reduce the pressure on Lagos. That should be Jona's focus instead of spending his whole day drinking 'sapele water' and leading Azazi to kaput in a 'kabu kabu' helicopter.

Go and get a life you scum.

My guy, every time you talk you remind me of Jeremy Paxman. A no-nonsense and abrasive English journalist who can reduce any political figure to looking ant-like through his method of confronting them harshly with the uncomfortable truth. You are correct here again but many Nigerians don't like the truth and prefer to create fantasy. Lagos is heavily burdened beyond its capacity and support structure. The governor is a great administrator who would do even better assuming we had leaders working on the same wavelength and all dedicated to the progress of every corner of Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by babapupa: 5:09pm On Dec 21, 2012
quote author=thelastPope]Big question for these ACN trolls on NL

What has he achieved in:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/468239_1_jpgf3ccdd27d2000e3f9255a7e3e2c48800

www.nairaland.com/attachments/468241_2_jpg156005c5baf40ff51a327f1c34f2975b

www.nairaland.com/attachments/468243_3_jpg799bad5a3b514f096e69bbc4a7896cd9

www.nairaland.com/attachments/468245_4_jpgd0096ec6c83575373e3a21d129ff8fef

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by jmaine: 5:21pm On Dec 21, 2012
Stinging stuff from the Pope . . . . grin

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by babapupa: 5:26pm On Dec 21, 2012

What has he achieved in:

Health Care: This one is just humorous. Fashola and ACN in 13 years havent built one new hospital for Lagos. Still the old LUTH and general hospital. No change. Instead, they are praising him for renovating small 30 by 30 maternity centers. centers that where even renovated by MTN foundation, with their sign post conspiciously displayed. His only achievement here was to sack 788 doctors in one day. That is one of the worst administrative blunders in the history of Nigeria. I laughed when I read a previous post that he is a great administrator! Great administrator? Someone whose solution to doctors strike was to sack the whole doctors in the state? Ha! Is that how he will rule Nigeria? The presidential guard will pursue him back to Lagos! lol! If he cannot manage such crisis in one state of Nigeria, how will he manage Nigeria? Those who call GEJ clueless forget that he has continued to manage crisis after crisis and
continues to pull everyone along. Love him or hate him, he has continued to hold everything together from North to south.

Lagos To Become Leading Heart Transplant Centre -Fashola

Lagos State Governor, Mr Babatunde Fashola (SAN) on Monday declared that Lagos would become the leading referral centre for kidney, heart transplant and all kidney related diseases early next year.

Governor Fashola who spoke when he received participants in the Kidney Rejoice Health Walk at the open fields of Lagos House, Alausa Ikeja said this would be possible from the end of the first quarter of next year when work is completed on the Specialist Hospital being constructed in Gbagada, adding that the staff and consultants that would manage the facility are being recruited.

The Governor explained that there is a lot of work going on there at the moment adding that the future lies there for all medical students, and doctors and nurses in the State.

“We know that you have the capacity. We also want to bring back as many of our expert doctors, nurses who have left the country as a result of frustration.

“We are spending a considerable amount of money sponsoring people abroad to United States, United Kingdom and India for kidney transplant and replacement.

“We have also noticed that they are going to environments where their families are not immediately around them. They are also taking food after surgery that is not what they may have wanted to eat which contributes substantially to the healing process.

“We also see that it is our economy that is losing and that is why our government has decided that it will locate the kidney and heart transplant facility in Lagos and that is exactly what is going on now at Gbagada”, the Governor said.

Governor Fashola reiterated that it is the belief of the administration that such a first class facility is the best asset that it can give to its nurses and doctors because they have the skills but only need an opportunity to practice the skills.

While commending Nollywood artistes who also participated in the Health Walk, for spreading positive messages in millions of homes through their films, Governor Fashola urged them to see it as an opportunity to work with the Ministry of Health to see the content of the kidney, hypertension and diabetes screening programme which the Government has committed to in the last three years.

He said the programme has screened thousands of patients across the State giving treatment where necessary but using advocacy as the most powerful tool that can help prevent the two main diseases or make it manageable when contracted.

“There is no reason why a diabetes patient should not live a useful, active and normal life if the right management therapy is put in place. Some of the things that we consider as being status significance are in fact things that hurt us, Governor Fashola said.

He called on the Nollywood artistes to consider producing what he called a docu-drama that would help in strengthening the advocacy on the need to exercise regularly, moderation in the kind of food people eat, saying such a production in English, Yoruba, Hausa and Pidgin would go a long way in sensitizing the people.

He promised that the state would provide some assistance to support the production of the docu-drama, adding that this represents one of the ways they can help to spread the message about why people should change some of the life choices they make.

The Governor also advised against the use of bleaching creams saying the black skin has been particularly adapted to suit where Africans are located., “We should not try to be anybody else”, he advised.

Governor Fashola said in recognition of these health problems which are fast becoming a global problem, his administration is building parks and sports centres to allow the people live an active life.
He also cautioned against the conversion of pedestrian walkways into markets, stressing that Lagos is definitive about building new roads that have walkways as it would engender the culture of people taking a walk in their neighbourhoods.

A Platinum Humanity Award was presented to Governor Fashola by the coordinator of the Kidney Rejoice programme through the President of the Campaign for Democracy, Dr (Mrs.)Joe Okei Odumakin.

Speaking on the award Dr Okei- Odumakin said Governor Fashola was the first Governor in Nigeria that she would be presenting an award to.

She described Governor Fashola as action Governor as this is evident from what anyone who takes a trip round Lagos would observe as “action speaks louder than words”.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by babapupa: 5:30pm On Dec 21, 2012

What has he achieved in:

Lagos to get 60 ferries as Fashola inspects prototype in Australia

[img]http://nationalmirroronline.net/thumbnail.php?file=/ferre_658338774.jpg&size=article_large[/img]

History was made in Brisbane, Queensland in Australia on Thursday as Lagos State Governor, Mr Babatunde Fashola (SAN) pushed ahead with another electoral promise of accelerating inter-modal transportation through the extensive use of the state’s water-ways when he witnessed the signing of the Ferry Manufacturing Agreement for the state between Aluminium Boats Company of Brisbane, Australia and a consortium of water transportation practitioners, Eko Water Buses Limited.

The agreement signing event, which was preceded by an inspection and a ride on one of the prototype ferries, being manufactured for the state, by Governor Fashola and his entourage, was for the initial batch of 60 ferries each with a 200-passenger ca-pacity to be deployed on various routes.

According to sources, the ferries are like the water buses because of their passenger-carrying capacity.

The inspection and agreement-signing followed a recent Memorandum of Understanding between the Lagos State Government rep-resented by the Private Public Partnerships Office and the Lagos State Waterways Authority (LASWA) and the consortium, Eko Water Buses Limited, which aims to deploy one ferry for a pi-lot scheme by July this year. According to the agreement and production schedule, five more of the purpose -built and fully-fitted high capacity ferries will be deployed by December this year making a total of six.

However in the near term and as part of the positive spin offs from the agreement, about 50 Nigerians will benefit from a comprehensive train-ing programme in Marine Operations, Boat Services and Repairs in the expansive boat building facility of Alumini-um Boats Company in Bris-bane, Queensland, Australia as a prelude to the full com-mencement of the ferry ser-vices operations in December.

Governor Fashola and his entourage were received in Brisbane, Queensland by a representative of the Premier of Queensland, the Treasurer and Minister for Trade, Mr Tim Nicholls, the top management of Alu-minium Boats Company of Australia including its Chief Executive Officer, Mr Stuart Pascoe and General Manager, Mr Tommy Ericson as well as representatives of the consortium, Eko Wa-ter Buses Limited led by its Chief Operating Officer, Mr Muyiwa Omololu and their technical partners including Mr John Waterhouse and Captain Elgin Mckilop.
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by babapupa: 5:37pm On Dec 21, 2012

What has he achieved in:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/469454_1_jpgf3ccdd27d2000e3f9255a7e3e2c48800

www.nairaland.com/attachments/469458_2_jpg156005c5baf40ff51a327f1c34f2975b

www.nairaland.com/attachments/469464_1_jpgf3ccdd27d2000e3f9255a7e3e2c48800

www.nairaland.com/attachments/469465_2_jpg156005c5baf40ff51a327f1c34f2975b

www.nairaland.com/attachments/469469_1_jpgf3ccdd27d2000e3f9255a7e3e2c48800

www.nairaland.com/attachments/469474_1_jpgf3ccdd27d2000e3f9255a7e3e2c48800

www.nairaland.com/attachments/469482_1_jpgf3ccdd27d2000e3f9255a7e3e2c48800

www.nairaland.com/attachments/469484_3_jpg799bad5a3b514f096e69bbc4a7896cd9

www.nairaland.com/attachments/469485_4_jpgd0096ec6c83575373e3a21d129ff8fef
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by babapupa: 5:38pm On Dec 21, 2012
See how I just took apart your lies step by step?

If you have any more lies to spew, I'm here to trash them accordingly because pictures don't lie...

eko o ni baje o

8 Likes

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by Gbawe: 5:45pm On Dec 21, 2012
@OP.

No one claims Fashola is perfect but the man has done very well in a Nation cursed with administrative mediocrity. Real Lagosians, who have no axe to grind and just want a better life, know the truth and the state of affairs throughout the entire metropolis before and after Fashola. You should at least admit the man is a good administrator, by any marker, before any criticism of Fashola, coming from you, can appear objective.

Who, for example, would continue a discussion with someone who says Mohammed Alli was a crap boxer and concocts all manner of crap to support that crazy and ridiculously false summation?

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by Katsumoto: 5:49pm On Dec 21, 2012
2015 is around the corner and instead of long suffering people to mobilize support for the most competent administrator in Nigeria they are resorting to lies and propaganda in order to continue receiving crumbs from their masters.

Unfortunately, Fash may not have much support outside the SW but it is Nigerians that will continue to suffer as long as they continue to vote and support candidates along ethnic lines.

It must be frustrating for decent Nigerians.

4 Likes

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by Nobody: 6:09pm On Dec 21, 2012
attack of the jona deek suckers
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by ba7man(m): 6:13pm On Dec 21, 2012
I hope these above pics answer some of the questions asked by the poster. If he needs more i could upload them.
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 21, 2012
Hmmm.... Nigerians and always trying to bring down their best brains smh...

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by GARRIx7(m): 6:27pm On Dec 21, 2012
@LOST-HOPE: Shame on YOU...

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by Nobody: 6:37pm On Dec 21, 2012
GARRI (x7):
@LOST-HOPE: Shame on YOU...

lost-hope ke

more like thefirstdope

these shameless mofos are teh same ones who come and spam nl with all sorts of pathetic excuses for the vowman in chief

imagine these twats with amazon rain forests growing out of their eyes looking for specks
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by ektbear: 6:52pm On Dec 21, 2012
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by Nobody: 6:53pm On Dec 21, 2012
@OP

Which of the following best describes your life right now? - Choose one:

- theLastPansy
- theLastPoo
- theLastPrick
- theLastPuzzy
- theLastPisspoor
- theLastPorkies
- theLastPotty
- theLastPrat
- theLastPuff

Honourable mentions:
- theLastFaggit
- theLastNumbnut

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Otedola In Trouble With Love Child’s Mum / Saraki Hired Uboh, Convicted Credit Card Fraudster, To Smear EFCC-SaharaReporter / 'CJN Suspension Is A Coup Against The Judiciary' - Nigerian Bar Association

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.