Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:17 AM

What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! (35633 Views)

See What Wole Soyinka Wrote About Fashola(pic) / The Truth About Fashola's Success / What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! Pt 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Nobody: 12:31pm On May 24, 2011
I don't know wotz up with Lagosians and their craze for Fashola. This man is only doing his job. You guyz have only be ridden of your right all along by corrupt and wicked policticians and this man is only doing what every normal governor should have done. You don't need to hail your pastor for preaching the gospel, or give testimony cuz your boss paid your salary. The fact that you naturally did a great Job during the month automatically entitles you to your salary. The fact that lagosians pay their tax, and there is revenue also coming in form the federal Govt, we ought not to be surprised about what is going on in the state. We ought to be surprised that this is not what is happening in other states. The time for us to join the militants in a serious orientation course is at hand. Or rather private NGO'S who would be dedicated to giving a new orientation to Nigerians in other for them to know their rights, Because if they knew their rights, GEJ won't be the present president, neither would the senators be where they are. A time for revolution in the political system had come and far over ripe. Its we Nigerians that can only fight this course, an American or Egyptian won't fight for our country. Just the way Libyans are fighting alone, Egyptians alone, Syrians alone, We need to start ours for without this no 1 would fight for us.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by houvest: 12:48pm On May 24, 2011
The truth is that nigerians have seen so much mis-governance that any average governance with good visions is a lot of fresh air. However i believe that fashola and the few other above average governors are over-hyped. However i have no problem with that. Let's keep getting good governance if over-hype-ing is the price for that.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Nobody: 1:56pm On May 24, 2011
The hyping is now getting out of hand, Fashola this, fashola dat, ABEG!!! angry
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by maddock(m): 2:02pm On May 24, 2011
Fear no dey let me talk o not to incur the wrath of die harf fasholist.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 2:45pm On May 24, 2011
Ohh, this is where the bad bele and anti Fashola people dey congregate?

Well, let me give you some some Fashola in ACTION pictures to scatter your bele more,

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 2:45pm On May 24, 2011

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 2:46pm On May 24, 2011

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 2:47pm On May 24, 2011
Now, I want you bad bele people to repeat after me, Eko o ni baje ooooooooooooooooooooo

Go on, say it,
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by hercules07: 2:48pm On May 24, 2011
Ol boy see that guy with the hat, he resembles someone we know very well.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Bawss1(m): 2:55pm On May 24, 2011
Way to FASHOLA, you are the MAN!!

Preacchhhhh!
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by buzugee(m): 2:59pm On May 24, 2011
dude, this earth is hardly utopia. humans are innately corrupt and evil. this shortfall in humans is recognized in the west which is why they have tonnes of checks and balances for every projects. you cant even fart without colliding into a check and balance in the west. it says in ECCLESIASTES 7 VS 29. 'God made people decent but they have looked for many ways to be avoid being decent'.
So in the midst of all this chaos and anarchy in a society that has no checks and balances, it is extremely important to acknowledge those who choose to do good so as to try to subliminally foster in people that you have to do good to be loved and also to encourage the do-gooder to keep on doing good. this is very important. i dont understand what your gripe is about it. sounds like fashola rejected your invoice for the supply of some phantom goods and now you are bellyaching
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by enyojo(f): 3:01pm On May 24, 2011
[size=17pt]Eko Ile,
God go bless u a million times

Chinese people say one picture beta pass one million words!!![/size]
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by BigB11(m): 3:10pm On May 24, 2011
@Topic:
I completely see your point.
Do not get me wrong Fashola is ok, but absolutely not my Messiah. Apart from the dude just doing his job, there is also enormous amount of Lagos State revenue available to make all these great things happen.
We must never forget that Lagos State still remains the easiest state in the entire country to manage; there is money constantly being generated, the state isn't that big, and Lagosians are very simple and mostly from a very similar root.

In a country where a focused, competent and sincere leader has not been witnessed for over 30 years, it will be unfair to blame folks that see Fashola as the greatest of all time.
I May share the same state of mind with these folks as soon as Gov Fashola is able to man up and confront Tinubu.

Fact: More revenue More projects More stealing You don't have to believe me, but I can assure you that Gov Fashola knows what I'm talking about>
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by violent(m): 3:19pm On May 24, 2011
the simply analogy here is;

If you passed your exams, coming ahead of your class, you'd expect some measure of "atta boy" from your sponsors, not minding the fact that they paid the tutiton and you are expected to do very well in the first place.

no matter how you look at it, what BRF is doing in Lagos is not a norm, there's no reason to act as though it is.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 3:24pm On May 24, 2011
enyojo:

[size=17pt]Eko Ile,
God go bless u a million times

Chinese people say one picture beta pass one million words!!![/size]

Unfortunately for them, all they have is their negative mouth and bad bele, but we have pictures and real dividends to speak for us.

20, 000 skilled Lagosians have graduated from the many skills centers around the state with micro finance loans to get them going and start living useful and productive lives, they are all hard working and tax paying members of our great society.

Eko o ni baje is not just a slogan, it's a state of mind and way of life,
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by kupy: 3:25pm On May 24, 2011
Dn't mind d foolish guy joooo, he is member of PEOPLE DESTRUCTIVE PARTY OF NIGERIA
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Abbycrown(f): 4:00pm On May 24, 2011
See beef!
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by tpia5: 4:03pm On May 24, 2011
Why do idiots start so many threads on nl.

Is it joblessness or what.

And mainly to knock other people's achievements too.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by joecrack(m): 4:42pm On May 24, 2011
Well in saner and civilized democracies where accountability and good governance is key the man is really not doing anything extra ordinary,in fact he would still be criticised for so many other things he has not fixed.
But in comparison to nigeria,and looking at where we are coming from,we actually have to give the man kudos cuz he has broken away from the norm,though all the publicity is overhyped,but there are evidences to show.
Some other govs are also doing well,last time i was in gombe for instance,i was impressed with goje,he's also done quite alot with lean resources at his disposal.
Bottom line lets endeavour to hold our leaders accountable,and well praise them if u like for doing well,and i think fash response to his election victory is very instructive and should be a point of reference for public office holders"the reward for hardwork is more hardwork"
it sucks when you some govs shouting i've done this and that,when its simple you just collected funds from FG and assembled projects,really nt a hard job for any true graduate.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by jason123: 4:46pm On May 24, 2011
About Fashola, how many non-oil producing states can replicate what he has done without the FG Look at Lagos some years back, when OBJ (a Yoruba man) restricted the fund that was meant for Lagos state (A Yoruba state). I am sure none of you screamed tribalism or marginalisation, infact, a very few of you guys would have been happy.
Single-handedly, they bounced back, from Eko atlantic to Rail ways to a new airport and all.

Sometimes I why Nigerians always lie to themselves and their fellow country men. Well, God dey!!!

Haters will SURELY ALWAYS HATE!!!
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by enyojo(f): 5:17pm On May 24, 2011
Big B1:

@Topic:
I completely see your point.
Do not get me wrong Fashola is ok, but absolutely not my Messiah. Apart from the dude just doing his job, there is also enormous amount of Lagos State revenue available to make all these great things happen.
We must never forget that Lagos State still remains the easiest state in the entire country to manage; there is money constantly being generated, the state isn't that big, and Lagosians are very simple and mostly from a very similar root.

In a country where a focused, competent and sincere leader has not been witnessed for over 30 years, it will be unfair to blame folks that see Fashola as the greatest of all time.
I May share the same state of mind with these folks as soon as Gov Fashola is able to man up and confront Tinubu.

Fact: More revenue More projects More stealing You don't have to believe me, but I can assure you that Gov Fashola knows what I'm talking about>

I don't believe that the way u r enlightened, u can say Lagos is the easiest state to Govern!!!
Yobe State has population that is half of Alimosho LGA! Yobe does not have Sophisticated Crimes as where rampart in Lagos before Fashola empowered and 'rebranded' the Lagos security. There is no aggressive atlantic ocean eating up the state as lagos is facing, there are not ever-swelling population of jobless masses, there are no Thousands of Trailers weakening and over-stressing the roads as Lagos faces every minute.
Apart from Yobe state, 90% of the states in Nigeria are as 'easy to govern' as Yobe state
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by bkbabe97y(m): 5:44pm On May 24, 2011
Wow, thanks to Ibos the only black country that has Super Power potential is going down the drain. My only joy though is that Ibos have been shown that they are inconsequential and irrelevant in Nigeria despite their rigging prowess. Fifth Class citizens in the land of their birth. That alone, gives me tremendous joy. Freaking cannibalistic monkeys!
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by aljharem3: 5:47pm On May 24, 2011
another igbo iddeiot trying to tell us fashola is not trying

the SE AND SS gets the most in FG alocation yet ur leaders keep raping ur state

op u are a goat ewu
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by nobaga: 5:50pm On May 24, 2011
I always wonder what the hoplalala is about.

This is a state that generate more revenue far above others but also owe much more. Does not make sense.

While at the same time Tinubu pockets the lion share thru Fashola that can not deny him. If he does, both of them are going to jail and Tinubu may even get out of it.

Bad belle my foot. All these praise singers have been deprived for so long, crumbs is enough to feast on.

High revenue plus the highest tax plus international loans for grandchildren that will be sold into slavery to pay back.

Eko Atlantic  that no average Lagosian will ever touch or have the money to visit.

Dumdums
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Justcash(m): 5:56pm On May 24, 2011
@Poster; I understand your point. Fashola is truly doing what he should do as a governor. However, given the type of backward leadership that Nigerians have experienced in their brief nationhood, his achievements can qualify as "extra ordinary" achievements.
In the developed world, Fashola would surely have been thoroughly criticized. Alot still needs to be done.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by bkbabe97y(m): 5:59pm On May 24, 2011
Justcash:

In the developed world, Fashola would surely have been thoroughly criticized.

And your thieving, "Enemies of Progress" Ibo Governors woulda been hailed as reformists and progressives, right?

Man, fxcuk outta here!
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Mariory(m): 5:59pm On May 24, 2011
enyojo:

I don't believe that the way u r enlightened, u can say Lagos is the easiest state to Govern!!!

You applied that statement to Big B1. That was where you went wrong. If you really knew his ideology, that statement of his would not have surprised you.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 6:06pm On May 24, 2011
nobaga:

I always wonder what the hoplalala is about.

This is a state that generate more revenue far above others but also owe much more. Does not make sense.

While at the same time Tinubu pockets the lion share thru Fashola that can not deny him. If he does, both of them are going to jail and Tinubu may even get out of it.

Bad belle my foot. All these praise singers have been deprived for so long, crumbs is enough to feast on.

High revenue plus the highest tax plus international loans for grandchildren that will be sold into slavery to pay back.

Eko Atlantic  that no average Lagosian will ever touch or have the money to visit.

Dumdums

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by joecrack(m): 6:09pm On May 24, 2011
@jason123
really govs in the SS are really not disappointing,go to akwa ibom see transformation,rivers state have got the best puclic school system in nigeria,cross river leads in tourism,with calabar being the cleanest and most organised state capitals,edo,delta and bayelsa are also performing,only they are nt very much into publicity but like i earlier said it is their job and they are nt doing us a favour
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 6:20pm On May 24, 2011
joecrack:

@jason123
really govs in the SS are really not disappointing,go to akwa ibom see transformation,rivers state have got the best puclic school system in nigeria,cross river leads in tourism,with calabar being the cleanest and most organised state capitals,edo,delta and bayelsa are also performing,only they are nt very much into publicity but like i earlier said it is their job and they are nt doing us a favour

All talk, no action, no pictures,

una no dey shame?
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by jason123: 6:26pm On May 24, 2011
joecrack:

@jason123

Bro, I really like what our governors in the SS are doing but you have to hand it to Fashola, he is TRYING! Lagos state is a NON-OIL producing state. Also, compare the population of, lets say Rivers state to Lagos, even though rivers state has more land mass.

Lagos state is the smallest state in Nigeria, yet it has over 18 million people. Couple that with the various ethnic groups that occupy Lagos in LARGE QUANTITIES, it must be difficult to manage them without any ethnic clash as we have had in Jos and other Northern states. Again, there has been on religious bigotry in Lagos, knowing that Fashola is a muslim, and I can say Lagos id 50% a piece between muslims and christains.

Now, Amechi is a very good governor but not as good as Fashola. Why, apart from what I stated above, which project in Nigeria is as big as Eko Atantic or the KFZ* projects or the rail way (I know Amechi is doing something similar)  . . .I can go on and on and on.

You have to give it to the guy. He is a focused man.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by emekagh(m): 6:46pm On May 24, 2011
jason123:

Bro, I really like what our governors in the SS are doing but you have to hand it to Fashola, he is TRYING! Lagos state is a NON-OIL producing state. Also, compare the population of, lets say Rivers state to Lagos, even though rivers state has more land mass.

Lagos state is the smallest state in Nigeria, yet it has over 18 million people. Couple that with the various ethnic groups that occupy Lagos in LARGE QUANTITIES, it must be difficult to manage them without any ethnic clash as we have had in Jos and other Northern states. Again, there has been on religious bigotry in Lagos, knowing that Fashola is a muslim, and I can say Lagos id 50% a piece between muslims and christains.

Now, [b]Amechi is a very good governor but not as good as Fashola. [/b]Why, apart from what I stated above, which project in Nigeria is as big as Eko Atantic or the KFZ* projects or the rail way (I know Amechi is doing something similar)  . . .I can go on and on and on.

You have to give it to the guy. He is a focused man.

Bigotry apart, how did u arrive at that conclusion. The fact that Fashola is over-hyped does not mean other's should believe it. The matter of good and better governor is subjective. So please let's stop the Fashola is better, fashola is best. It never helped the BB ticket, neither will it help fashola.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Nollywood Star, Ex-commissioner At War Over Enugu Reps Ticket / Kano Traffic Agency, Hisbah Arrest Police Officer For Buying Beer. / Presidency Backs El-rufai, Says Peter Obi Deported Northerners From Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.