Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,135 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

South East Pdp Leaders Demand National Chairmanship Position - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South East Pdp Leaders Demand National Chairmanship Position (1489 Views)

Why Ahmed Gulak Is Right To Assume The National Chairmanship Position Of PDP / South East PDP Caucus Resolves To Remain In Opposition / South-East PDP Begins Search For Metuh's Replacement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

South East Pdp Leaders Demand National Chairmanship Position by sadiq88: 10:42pm On Jul 02, 2011
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/july/02/national-02-07-2011-03.html

South East PDP leaders demand national chairmanship position
From PETRUS OBI, Enugu
Saturday, July 02, 2011

More Stories on This Section
South East leaders, made up of governors, former vice president, Dr. Alex Ekwueme, deputy Senate president Ike Ekweremadu, senators and others, have pointedly demanded the occupation of national chairmanship position of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP by an Igbo man.

Towards this end, they promised to nominate somebody who would be appointed as the national chairman, in the next two weeks, for the ratification of the National Executive Committee of the party.

The Igbo leaders vowed to invoke Article 14 (5) of the constitution of the PDP to realise this move.
In a communiqué, after their deliberation in Enugu, the South East leaders said the South East PDP leaders said they are demanding that one of their own be appointed to fill the vacant position of the party chair in view of the provision of the constitution of the party.
The document explained that the said section of the PDP constitution provides that the National Executive Committee of the party should appoint a substitute/replacement for the national chairman whenever there is a vacancy in the office.

They explained that the provision specifies that the replacement should come from the zone of the immediate substantive chairman, who so vacated office, adding: “In this circumstance, South East should be the zone to so benefit since the last confirmed chairman of the party was Dr. Okwesilieze Nwodo from the area.”
The Igbo leaders argued that the zone becomes even more qualified, based on the provision of the party constitution, when they recall that even if you put together the tenure of Nwodo and Chief Vincent Ogbulafor, his predecessor, they spent only 22 months, as against 48 months specified by the constitution.

Others PDP stakeholders, who attended the meeting, were Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Emeka Ihedioha; Deputy National Chairman of the PDP, Chief Olisa Metu, Senator Hope Uzodimma and Dr. Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu, among others
Others were Governors Chime (Enugu State), Theodore Orji (Abia State) and Martin Elechi (Ebonyi).
Re: South East Pdp Leaders Demand National Chairmanship Position by ZnO: 10:48pm On Jul 02, 2011
Igbos on the onslaught. Everyone get yours and more grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: South East Pdp Leaders Demand National Chairmanship Position by HighChief4(m): 11:14pm On Jul 02, 2011
The position rightfully belongs to Igbos
Re: South East Pdp Leaders Demand National Chairmanship Position by ZnO: 11:18pm On Jul 02, 2011
High_Chief:

Until next March, you mean?
Re: South East Pdp Leaders Demand National Chairmanship Position by aljharem3: 11:20pm On Jul 02, 2011
High_Chief:

why, why not NE
Re: South East Pdp Leaders Demand National Chairmanship Position by Afam4eva(m): 4:26am On Jul 03, 2011
Igbo leaders no wan hear for this dispensation.
Re: South East Pdp Leaders Demand National Chairmanship Position by joecrack(m): 5:09am On Jul 03, 2011
They seem to be politically violent for offices now o,true true dem no wan hear.
Re: South East Pdp Leaders Demand National Chairmanship Position by Afam4eva(m): 5:45am On Jul 03, 2011
I think I'm liking that political violence.
Re: South East Pdp Leaders Demand National Chairmanship Position by maga1: 8:09am On Jul 03, 2011
Or else what? I think d Igbos, Hausas & Yorubas have gotten their own fair share. Let other tribes have d position. I know we have over 200 tribes in naija. The problem wit nairalanders is dat if such position is given 2 (lets say) a Muslim from d kilba tribe (in adamawa, they will all start shouting dis Hausa/fulani pple sef. likewise d common hausa man on d street sees GEJ as an Igbo man. Pls let us have someone who is NOT a Hausa/Igbo or Yoruba.
Re: South East Pdp Leaders Demand National Chairmanship Position by EzeUche(m): 8:16am On Jul 03, 2011
maga1:

Or else what? I think d Igbos, Hausas & Yorubas have gotten their own fair share. Let other tribes have d position. I know we have over 200 tribes in naija. The problem wit nairalanders is dat if such position is given 2 (lets say) a Muslim from d kilba tribe (in adamawa, they will all start shouting dis Hausa/fulani pple sef. likewise d common hausa man on d street sees GEJ as an Igbo man. Pls let us have someone who is NOT a Hausa/Igbo or Yoruba.

This is Africa, if you do not have the numbers, then you will not have your voices heard. Minorities should be happy that the president of Nigeria comes from a minority group.
Re: South East Pdp Leaders Demand National Chairmanship Position by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 03, 2011
NIGERIA IS OVER ALREADY ANYWAYS!!

SW OUT IN 2016!

We will return to military soon!

Forget about democracy; it's a sick illusion; was Libya better than many parts of the world in infrastructure before invasion? no? I personally don't like Gaddafi but My uncle was a Doctor in Libya and he never had to pay for shit, get transported to work everyday executive style, gets honoured in the society because of his job as life saver, Family members get free education and are given yearly vacation except for my uncle who is required to stay behind because of the need for his skills. Visiting family members gets bombarded with gifts when returning. I was there ones tho I had to go to mosque on Fridays but that was it, every other thing is fine by me, I got lots of gifts from watches to shoes (not my size lol). And cash gift, Gaddafi's only fault is not allowing room for criticism,

Up till today Persians I know run shit in North America and their businesses/jobs are mostly in Iran. no? They are only in America because they can truly enjoy the fantasies outlawed in their land. Go to the West COAST!!!

How bad is HUGO CHAVEZ? a 100 folds better than Obama and Bush. NO?

Americans in proportion to population have more criminals in jail than China (executed criminals included), no?

Kebab, kilichi and Suya are wayy better than double cheese burger. no?
Re: South East Pdp Leaders Demand National Chairmanship Position by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 03, 2011
PDP needs a chairman who will lead the party into the digital age.

PDP ways of doing business is so last century.

I won't hold my breadth anyway expecting PDP to do the right thing.
Re: South East Pdp Leaders Demand National Chairmanship Position by mensdept: 2:57pm On Jul 03, 2011
LOL. How is it that everytime Ekwueme and co are making news these days they are demanding this position and that position. Isn't Ekwueme's state now an APGA stronghold, and isnt APGA (and even ACN) making inroads in SE after how many years of PDP waste?

These men should go and shut the hell up.

Thieves
Re: South East Pdp Leaders Demand National Chairmanship Position by kasiem(m): 3:11pm On Jul 03, 2011
Igbos that were hitherto taken as political coward, cos of their reticent stance in everything, are now forcefully telling everybody their capability.
Re: South East Pdp Leaders Demand National Chairmanship Position by joecrack(m): 3:17pm On Jul 03, 2011
"majorities" should be happier they've got access to free oil money that pays the bills.
EzeUche:

This is Africa, if you do not have the numbers, then you will not have your voices heard. Minorities should be happy that the president of Nigeria comes from a minority group.
Re: South East Pdp Leaders Demand National Chairmanship Position by joecrack(m): 3:27pm On Jul 03, 2011
But the dailies are tipping Bamanga Tukur a likely replacement.
Re: South East Pdp Leaders Demand National Chairmanship Position by youngmonie: 3:54pm On Jul 03, 2011
they might as well have the whole nigeria!!!
Re: South East Pdp Leaders Demand National Chairmanship Position by bashr4: 5:42pm On Jul 03, 2011
nawa oo igbo politicians dey vex for this tenure oo . everywhere na heebo this heebo that.
Re: South East Pdp Leaders Demand National Chairmanship Position by maga1: 6:01pm On Jul 03, 2011
EzeUche:

I guess when next d hausa/fulanis or yorubas use their numbers against u. You sholdnt complain.
Re: South East Pdp Leaders Demand National Chairmanship Position by Johndoe100(m): 6:02pm On Jul 03, 2011
High_Chief:

The only position that rightfully belongs to ibo's is a subservient one to the Ijaws.
Re: South East Pdp Leaders Demand National Chairmanship Position by bashr4: 6:03pm On Jul 03, 2011
maga1:

I guess when next d hausa/fulanis or yorubas use their numbers against u. You sholdnt complain.

when was that
Re: South East Pdp Leaders Demand National Chairmanship Position by Afam4eva(m): 6:04pm On Jul 03, 2011
@ maga1
Are you saying the hausa and yorubas are more populated than the Igbos? What proof do you have or you just felt like leaving a comment.
Re: South East Pdp Leaders Demand National Chairmanship Position by EzeUche(m): 6:13pm On Jul 03, 2011
Johndoe100:

The only position that rightfully belongs to ibo's is a subservient one to the Ijaws.

Tufiakwa! Who dey fear Ijaws?
Re: South East Pdp Leaders Demand National Chairmanship Position by EzeUche(m): 6:15pm On Jul 03, 2011
maga1:

Who said these groups have more people than the Igbo who can be found in every part of Nigeria and Africa?

Yorubas are not even being considered.
Re: South East Pdp Leaders Demand National Chairmanship Position by monkeyleg: 6:22pm On Jul 03, 2011
1 party country
Re: South East Pdp Leaders Demand National Chairmanship Position by jason123: 6:23pm On Jul 03, 2011
EzeUche:

Who said these groups have more people than the Igbo who can be found in every part of Nigeria and Africa?

Yorubas are not even being considered.

In Africa as a whole, there are more Yorubas and Hausas than Igbos, that is a fact. These two groups are not only indigenous to Nigeria but in at least 3 COUNTRIES.

In Nigeria, because Igbos are found everywhere does not mean they are the most populous group. It simply means that their land is too small for their population and they need more space. Moreover, the last election was a rough pointer at our population which says the NW (Hausa/Fulani) and SW (Yorubas) are the most populated zones in Nigeria. Although, I acknowledge that both zones have a significant amount of Igbos in them.
My opinion. . .
Re: South East Pdp Leaders Demand National Chairmanship Position by ZnO: 6:26pm On Jul 03, 2011
jason123:

In Africa as a whole, there are more Yorubas and Hausas than Igbos, that is a fact. These two groups are not only indigenous to Nigeria but in at least 3 COUNTRIES.

In Nigeria, because Igbos are found everywhere does not mean they are the most populous group. It simply means that their land is too small for their population and they need more space. Moreover, the last election was a rough pointer at our population which says the NW (Hausa/Fulani) and SW (Yorubas) are the most populated zones in Nigeria. Although, I acknowledge that both zones have a significant amount of Igbos in them.
My opinion. . .

F.o.ol mixing Igbo (ethnicity) with zones (multi-ethnicity). Did the last census talk about ethnicity? How about millions of Igbos in SW and North and SS counted for those groups. You be real odechukwu
Re: South East Pdp Leaders Demand National Chairmanship Position by jason123: 6:30pm On Jul 03, 2011
ZnO:

F.o.ol mixing Igbo (ethnicity) with zones (multi-ethnicity). Did the last census talk about ethnicity? How about millions of Igbos in SW and North and SS counted for those groups. You be real odechukwu

jason123:

In Nigeria, because Igbos are found everywhere does not mean they are the most populous group. It simply means that their land is too small for their population and they need more space. Moreover, the last election was a rough pointer [/b]at our population which says the NW (Hausa/Fulani) and SW (Yorubas) are the most populated zones in Nigeria. [b]Although, I acknowledge that both zones have a significant amount of Igbos in them.
My opinion. . .

ZnO, now tell me who is the fo.ol between us
Re: South East Pdp Leaders Demand National Chairmanship Position by EzeUche(m): 6:32pm On Jul 03, 2011
ZnO:

Gbam!

And this is not counting Igbos in neighboring countries.

Igbo numbers are not really known. There were population pressures dating back to the 1800s.
Re: South East Pdp Leaders Demand National Chairmanship Position by ZnO: 6:32pm On Jul 03, 2011
jason123:

ZnO, now tell me who is the fo.ol between us

You are the fool for even talking about it in the first place, when you know the aspect you bolded was the case. Why waste your time saying it in the first place? Only a foo.l will do such.
Re: South East Pdp Leaders Demand National Chairmanship Position by jason123: 6:35pm On Jul 03, 2011
ZnO:

You are the fool for even talking about it in the first place, when you know the aspect you bolded was the case. Why waste your time saying it in the first place? Only a foo.l will do such.

SMH . . . .
Re: South East Pdp Leaders Demand National Chairmanship Position by EzeUche(m): 6:37pm On Jul 03, 2011
jason is not very smart. The boy is too daft. That is why I do not entertain him much, because I get a headache arguing with fools like him.

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Did Not Sell Any (Abuja) Mansion To Okonjo-iweala -efab Properties / A Very Dangerous Precedent Is Being Set In Nigeria, Be Warned! / (Breaking news) Policemen Shoots one person dead at Marina Lagos today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.