Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:17 AM

Breaking News: Five Killed, 10 Injured In Boko Haram Attack - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Five Killed, 10 Injured In Boko Haram Attack (8980 Views)

Five Killed In Wukari Over Taraba's Governorship Judgement / Nine Dead, 10 Injured In Borno B’haram Attack / Boko-Haram Killed 10 Christians In Borno State!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Five Killed, 10 Injured In Boko Haram Attack by koruji(m): 8:23pm On Jul 03, 2011
Obviously, these people are aiming for a bigger war.

Five persons have been confirmed dead and 10 injured in a fresh bomb attack at a drinking joint in Maiduguri, the capital of Borno State (North-East Nigeria).

Reuters reports that the explosion, which occurred at a spot close to a police barracks on Sunday evening, was suspected to have been caused by outlawed Islamic sect, Boko Haram.

The Commander of the joint military and police task force in the city, Maj. Gen. Jack Nwaogbo, confirmed the incident to Reuters.

The attack marks a sour point in joint security operations to rout the sect, which has been accused of masterminding bomb attacks and assassinations in parts of the North as well as last month‘s blast at the headquarters of the Nigeria Police Force.
http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art2011070319573510
Re: Breaking News: Five Killed, 10 Injured In Boko Haram Attack by Afam4eva(m): 8:25pm On Jul 03, 2011
We're watching just like the government.
Re: Breaking News: Five Killed, 10 Injured In Boko Haram Attack by ezeagu(m): 8:27pm On Jul 03, 2011
Oh, just another routine bombing.
Re: Breaking News: Five Killed, 10 Injured In Boko Haram Attack by koruji(m): 8:35pm On Jul 03, 2011
GEJ needs to get moving quickly.

This docile approach, trying to please who I don't know, is being counted on by these idiots. Now they seem to at least have Borno State surrounded.

A state of emergency is needed in Borno state right now.

These types of sects have caused havoc before and they were put down - bloody, but it had to be done. Even Yar'adua took out Boko Haram for a while until he left the rudder of state to go adrift.

If GEJ thinks he can hold off from dealing with these folks, they are not going to go away, but will take the country from him.

There are BMBs to be detected while our SSS is busy arresting a scholar for writing English in newspapers that half of the people cannot even read. WTF is wrong with this country,
Re: Breaking News: Five Killed, 10 Injured In Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jul 03, 2011
Separate NIGERIA NOW!!!!

We are done, it is over South, east, north, west, this is where the destiny of the nation ends

Beyond 2013 is really bloody globally and we can't afford any distraction!!
Re: Breaking News: Five Killed, 10 Injured In Boko Haram Attack by kasiem(m): 8:41pm On Jul 03, 2011
Peaceful muslims carrying out their crusade in the normal way.
Re: Breaking News: Five Killed, 10 Injured In Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 03, 2011
Come to the conclusion that Politicians alone are not the bane of this country

Some of the common people too. angry

Commit wanton acts of violence without batting an eyelid.
Re: Breaking News: Five Killed, 10 Injured In Boko Haram Attack by joecrack(m): 8:56pm On Jul 03, 2011
This is no longer news,nigerians should have gotten use to this,
what do you expect the COAS is busy threatening boko haram on newspaper pages,instead of facing them on ground,
while SSS are detaining elrufai,case of misplace priorities,meanwhile people are dieing in borno.
Re: Breaking News: Five Killed, 10 Injured In Boko Haram Attack by Osama10(m): 8:58pm On Jul 03, 2011
koruji:

GEJ needs to get moving quickly.

This docile approach, trying to please who I don't know, is being counted on by these idiots. Now they seem to at least have Borno State surrounded.

A state of emergency is needed in Borno state right now.

These types of sects have caused havoc before and they were put down - bloody, but it had to be done. Even Yar'adua took out Boko Haram for a while until he left the rudder of state to go adrift.

If GEJ thinks he can hold off from dealing with these folks, they are not going to go away, but will take the country from him.

There are BMBs to be detected while our SSS is busy arresting a scholar for writing English in newspapers that half of the people cannot even read. WTF is wrong with this country,

You mind the SSS men.

From the way things are going Nigeria is drifting towards a split.
Re: Breaking News: Five Killed, 10 Injured In Boko Haram Attack by OAM4J: 9:04pm On Jul 03, 2011
Na wa o!
Re: Breaking News: Five Killed, 10 Injured In Boko Haram Attack by EzeUche(m): 9:06pm On Jul 03, 2011
How many non-Northerners were killed? We all know that it is innocent Southerners who are being killed while drinking.
Re: Breaking News: Five Killed, 10 Injured In Boko Haram Attack by aljharem3: 9:09pm On Jul 03, 2011
EzeUche:

How many non-Northerners were killed? We all know that it is innocent Southerners who are being killed while drinking.
angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Breaking News: Five Killed, 10 Injured In Boko Haram Attack by Calculia: 9:37pm On Jul 03, 2011
We are not moved. They should blow up the whole Northern Nigeria Please. Rubbish! cool
Re: Breaking News: Five Killed, 10 Injured In Boko Haram Attack by Odunnu: 9:58pm On Jul 03, 2011
and they expect corpers to go there. Olorun majee!!!
Re: Breaking News: Five Killed, 10 Injured In Boko Haram Attack by Ekpoma1: 9:59pm On Jul 03, 2011
Foolish people. Fork dis damn country!
Re: Breaking News: Five Killed, 10 Injured In Boko Haram Attack by koruji(m): 10:00pm On Jul 03, 2011
[center]I have a dream: [size=14pt]GEJ delivers a knockout punch to Boko Haram ASAP[/size][/center]
[center][img]http://api.ning.com/files/rUV5aDRR9iUuKwnUQSGV*881NtXFbG16Pq3qigFx0kltcIyDMqTMxt0gn8n*GbG2vgL6XwBscpdQfkooJ9pwNUx-P2DhoYmQ/klitschko_wideweb__470x3360.jpg[/img][/center]
Re: Breaking News: Five Killed, 10 Injured In Boko Haram Attack by ZnO: 10:05pm On Jul 03, 2011
Odunnu:

and they expect corpers to go there. Olorun majee!!!

I recently said the NYSC should be taken out and someone called me a mischief maker. I dey laugh oh!!!
Re: Breaking News: Five Killed, 10 Injured In Boko Haram Attack by aljharem3: 10:09pm On Jul 03, 2011
To u all blaming the north

i think the question u all should be asking is

WHERE IS MR PRESIDENT IN ALL THIS ?

Boko haram bombed abuja and yet Mr president said it is normal
Re: Breaking News: Five Killed, 10 Injured In Boko Haram Attack by Calculia: 10:15pm On Jul 03, 2011
^^ Wat a foolish remark to make. This is exactly wat dumb boko haram is expecting from the country, then dey are even a bigger fool dan we can ever imagine. I laugh at Northern's grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Breaking News: Five Killed, 10 Injured In Boko Haram Attack by kasiem(m): 10:15pm On Jul 03, 2011
^^
okay northerners thank u oon, una do fine.
I'll still appreciate more if u blow up bleeping im*becile that is called harem
Re: Breaking News: Five Killed, 10 Injured In Boko Haram Attack by Ogbonaikenna(m): 10:31pm On Jul 03, 2011
The youngest haramist

Re: Breaking News: Five Killed, 10 Injured In Boko Haram Attack by henry101(m): 10:32pm On Jul 03, 2011
0lumide:

Separate NIGERIA NOW!!!!

We are done, it is over South, east, north, west, this is where the destiny of the nation ends

Beyond 2013 is really bloody globally and we can't afford any distraction!!

No one is leaving nigeria, All hail One Nigeria,
Re: Breaking News: Five Killed, 10 Injured In Boko Haram Attack by Ogbonaikenna(m): 10:44pm On Jul 03, 2011
@henry 101, How would force someone to belong to where he/she does not want. Take time.
Re: Breaking News: Five Killed, 10 Injured In Boko Haram Attack by HisExcellencyBKNjoku: 10:54pm On Jul 03, 2011
Nigeria is a place to live, BOKO haram wants to make seem a hell of a place. I would luv it they keep destroying all infrastructure been built for them. After all they are haters grin of modernization. I just feel for non muslims out there, i knw  this can never happen down south/east and they go scout free, impossicant! Well the truth is, this boko guys are pulling the government's hands. And is high time they did something
Re: Breaking News: Five Killed, 10 Injured In Boko Haram Attack by dogice(m): 11:04pm On Jul 03, 2011
i do think GEJ and arsene wenger are related, only sit down and do nothin sad sad sad
Re: Breaking News: Five Killed, 10 Injured In Boko Haram Attack by odumchi: 11:05pm On Jul 03, 2011
What is the point of threads like these making front page all the time? Honestly I am tired of seeing threads about bombings in Maiduguri and I'm sure I'm not the only one. MODERATOR why now? A thread like this is on front page atleast 5 times a week. Same story. Same Bombers. Same sympathizers. There are tons of better threads that need to be exposed.

We crave new content please! sad
Re: Breaking News: Five Killed, 10 Injured In Boko Haram Attack by 190: 11:07pm On Jul 03, 2011
If you cant beat them JOIN THEM - make i kuku Join Boko haram make dem nor bomb me angry angry
Re: Breaking News: Five Killed, 10 Injured In Boko Haram Attack by NegroNtns(m): 11:11pm On Jul 03, 2011
There is a reason they relocated from Bauchi to Maiduguri.
In Bauchi, they had a locatable compound. In Maiduguri they do not.

If you really want to know their game plan look back to around 79 or 80 or something like that for what maitatsine sect did and how they waged their offense.

Boko is trying to use the lessons of maitatsine failure to reinforce his force and evade capture.

Their location in Maiduguri makes it easier for them to get resource and support from Chad.

Chad has plenty of rebellion groups and matter of fact maitatsine sect's members were made up of Niger and Chad citizens.

Boko will recruit, restock and rearm from Chad. When the government closes in on them they have a escape plan to take off into Chad.

They are also borrowing from Al Qaeda and Taliban tActics of cross border attacks. I suspet their leader may not be in Nigeria but hiding in Chad from a base.
GEJ need to include Custom and Border guards in the JTF, but knowing what our custom officers do, the border patrol and controlk may not be effective.

The country need ground surveillance to track, map and pinpoint the footsteps and tracks that Boko's footsoldiers leave behind. Those tracks will lead to a substantial operating base and a good target for a demoralizing attack on their command center.
Re: Breaking News: Five Killed, 10 Injured In Boko Haram Attack by omodapson(m): 11:14pm On Jul 03, 2011
190:

If you cant beat them JOIN THEM - make i kuku Join Boko haram make dem nor bomb me angry angry
Do you think that will save your ass?
Re: Breaking News: Five Killed, 10 Injured In Boko Haram Attack by Odunnu: 11:16pm On Jul 03, 2011
Is his bottom of any use to humanity?
Re: Breaking News: Five Killed, 10 Injured In Boko Haram Attack by Bfine: 11:19pm On Jul 03, 2011
If GEJ and the governor of that state cant contain this, they might be forced  to declare a state of emergency in that region. so sad
Re: Breaking News: Five Killed, 10 Injured In Boko Haram Attack by Ogbonaikenna(m): 11:23pm On Jul 03, 2011
This would not have have been happening if the yorubas have said yes to oduduwa republic in 1967

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

To The Nigerians Abroad: The Truth And Lies Of Lagos (my Assesment) / JUSUN Suspends Strike In Federal Courts / Shutting Firms Over Corruption Probe Hurts Economy – EFCC Chairman, Olukoyede

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.