Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,275 members, 7,839,371 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 (82097 Views)

Ajimobi Declares Assets / Senator Shehu Sani Declares Assets, Says He's Worth #22m, Several Houses / Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by olaolabiy: 10:28pm On Jul 05, 2011
jmaine:

292 milla . . . this is Nigeria fellas . .where such wealth are called cheap especially from a former thieving senator . . .and people would be quick to look the other way since it involves certain sentiments they entertain

Thank you
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by olaolabiy: 10:30pm On Jul 05, 2011
dayokanu:

1. He was MD of NOLCHEM
2. He had a company which is into contracting
3. He was a senator.

Add those 3 together and develop an expectation of his worth. In the Nigerian context, Anyone who held those 3 posts are usually worth that much

He has houses abroad, Do you know it was claimed he was either a resident or citizen of the US? that means he must have built up credit to finance Houses

Please, educate me.

How do you build up your credit in the UK/US without a bank account?

2 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by iragbijile: 10:36pm On Jul 05, 2011
ola olabiy:

Please, educate me.

I dont care how DK is going to try to rationalize Ajimobi's worth. To me he is a thief. Period.

Okay, he has credit to buy a 1.5 million house in the US. The question is hwen did he buy the house

How was he able to finance a 450 000 pounds house in the UK?

When did a land in a very remote part of Oyo worth more than N 1 M per care

Let him produce his past 5 tax returns in the US and UK

let him show proof that he actually pays property tax on his properties in Nigeria.

A thief is a thief. Ajimobi is a thief.

2 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by dayokanu(m): 10:37pm On Jul 05, 2011
ola olabiy:

Please, educate me.

For someone that lived in the US, that is a permanent resident/Citizen, How would he not have a bank account?
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by iragbijile: 10:39pm On Jul 05, 2011
ola olabiy:

Please, educate me.

How do you build up your credit in the UK/US [b]without a bank accoun[/b]t?

having a bank account is not how you build credit.

It is more complicated than that.
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by olaolabiy: 10:40pm On Jul 05, 2011
iragbijile:

I dont care how DK is going to try to rationalize Ajimobi's worth. To me he is a thief. Period.

Okay, he has credit to buy a 1.5 million house in the US. The question is hwen did he buy the house

How was he able to finance a 450 000 pounds house in the UK?

When did a land in a very remote part of Oyo worth more than N 1 M per care

Let him produce his past 5 tax returns in the US and UK

let him show proof that he actually pays property tax on his properties in Nigeria.

A thief is a thief. Ajimobi is a thief.

Thank you oo.

When did he become the MD of this company? From Day1?

He is a thief just like most billionaires around the world.

And, about  the said companies he owns, he should show his statements of account.

How much tax did he pay?

Questions . . .

2 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by olaolabiy: 10:44pm On Jul 05, 2011
iragbijile:

having a bank account is not how you build credit.

It is more complicated than that.

I know.

It involves:

How you manage your accounts,

How you pay your bills,

Proof of address,

Proof of stable source(s) of income, etc
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by iragbijile: 11:00pm On Jul 05, 2011
ola olabiy:

I know.
It involves:
How you manage your accounts,
How you pay your bills,
Proof of address,
Proof of stable source(s) of income, etc

His university education was in the United States of America. He studied Business Administration and Finance at the State University New York, in Buffalo, New York graduating with a Bachelors of Science. His MBA was in Operations Research and Marketing with a concentration in Finance at the Governor’s State University, Park Forest, Illinois.

I became suspicious after adding everything he declared. It was just impossible for someone who was not a stellar student to have achieved so much in just a short period. The average MBA grad from Harvard ( the 'bestest' MBA school in the world) makes[b] 3.2 million dollars in 20 years[/b]. Ajimobi has done better than the top 1% of all Harvard MBA grads combined. Its either he is a genius or a big time crook.

Either ways, his asset declaration is fraught with a lot of untruths and he should be thoroughly investigated and sent to jail if found to have falsified the real worth of his assets.

Ajimobi living in a N 250 Million mansion? yeah right.

2 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by dayokanu(m): 11:02pm On Jul 05, 2011
Was any of these harvard Grad a Senator in Nigeria?

250m mansion is no big deal

Go to the property section on Nairaland and see what prices of real estate in Nigeria go for
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by jmaine: 11:08pm On Jul 05, 2011
^^ are you justifying this deceit and ill gotten wealth . . . i would be waiting for you as usual to cast your stone at any other political figure for the same sin
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by Kobojunkie: 11:10pm On Jul 05, 2011
@Dayokanu, remember I asked you to tell us exactly how much this man got paid as a senator during the period he served, and you brushed that off so you can continue to argue blindly that he earned all that BECAUSE he served as a senator.

Again, do you have NUMBERS TO SHOW for the claims you continue to make ON BEHALF of this man?

The governor put the worth of all his vehicles at N94.25m and household furniture, which include generating sets and electronics at N25m.

Did you even read this portion? His VEHICLES alone are supposedly worth almost $800,000 dollars / POUNDS 300,000. Seriously, we should ALL be calling for all this to be VERIFIED beyond DOUBT.
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by olaolabiy: 11:14pm On Jul 05, 2011
dayokanu:

Go to the property section on Nairaland and see what prices of real estate in Nigeria go for

Let's talk about the mortgage/good credit you so strenuously defended.

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by olaolabiy: 11:18pm On Jul 05, 2011
dayokanu:

As a senator, he stole.

As an employee of NOLCHEM, he stole

As a businessman, he lied

And, as regards the declaration, he embellished one or two things.

Bottom line: he is an embodiment of lies

2 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by olaolabiy: 11:20pm On Jul 05, 2011
And, he has accounts abroad.

Show/tell me one Nigerian billionaire without accounts abroad, please.

Just one.
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by dayokanu(m): 11:28pm On Jul 05, 2011
jmaine:

^^ are you justifying this deceit and ill gotten wealth . . . i would be waiting for you as usual to cast your stone at any other political figure for the same sin

What proof do you have that this is ill gotten wealth that is not commesurate with how much a oil company MD, Contractor and Senator earns

Kobojunkie:

@Dayokanu, remember I asked you to tell us exactly how much this man got paid as a senator during the period he served, and you brushed that off so you can continue to argue blindly that he earned all that BECAUSE he served as a senator.

Again, do you have NUMBERS TO SHOW for the claims you continue to make ON BEHALF of this man?

Did you even read this portion? His VEHICLES alone are supposedly worth almost $800,000 dollars / POUNDS 300,000. Seriously, we should ALL be calling for all this to be VERIFIED beyond DOUBT.

The onus is on you to tell how much Senators earn in that period, I know Senators in Nigeria earn a lot of money, Insane amount which is hardly otained in any other country in the whole world

I didnt know you could be this cunning and dishonest. In the quote you said Vehicles and furniture, suddenyl it became only cars?

Buying 10 cars for 80k each is already 800k

The car below is in the open market, Not custom bult not bullet proof and cost $110k  7 of those solve the $800k riddle. This is a car that if you stay on any major freeway you see multiples within an hour

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?tracktype=newcc&csDlId=&csDgId=&listingId=68761884&listingRecNum=1&criteria=sf1Dir%3DDESC%26mkId%3D20005%26stkTyp%3DN%26mdId%3D33023%26rd%3D100000%26crSrtFlds%3DstkTypId-feedSegId-mkId-mdId%26zc%3D75063%26rn%3D0%26PMmt%3D1-1-0%26stkTypId%3D28880%26sf2Dir%3DASC%26sf1Nm%3Dprice%26sf2Nm%3Dlocation%26rpp%3D50%26feedSegId%3D28705&aff=national
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by dayokanu(m): 11:32pm On Jul 05, 2011
ola olabiy:

Let's talk about the mortgage/good credit you so strenuously defended.

You are not articulating your points well at all. You can get almost anything in the US with a good credit and downpayment.

He lived in the US, He would most likely have bank accounts, Anyone with a good credit can get any kind of house as long as you have the downpayment.

Someone said Senators make $1.2m a yr, His Monthly Salary alone of $100,000 would be enough downpayment on most Mansions you see around in the US.

ola olabiy:

And, he has accounts abroad.

Show/tell me one Nigerian billionaire without accounts abroad, please.

Just one.

Am sorry but you are not making sense. Whats the point in that you showed above. He lived in the US and most likely would have accounts in the US. or whats the problem ?
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by dayokanu(m): 11:36pm On Jul 05, 2011
ola olabiy:

As a senator, he stole.

As an employee of NOLCHEM, he stole

As a businessman, he lied

And, as regards the declaration, he embellished one or two things.

Bottom line: he is an embodiment of lies

Proofs which would be how much he earned in total cos I know MD's of such companies are in the upper echelon of the society, Senators are in the top 0.5% of top earners in the country.

Never mind his contracting business
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by olaolabiy: 11:44pm On Jul 05, 2011
dayokanu:

You are not articulating your points well at all. You can get almost anything in the US with a good credit and downpayment.

He lived in the US, He would most likely have bank accounts, Anyone with a good credit can get any kind of house as long as you have the downpayment.

Someone said Senators make $1.2m  a yr, His Monthly Salary alone of $100,000 would be enough downpayment on most Mansions you see around in the US.

Am sorry but you are not making sense. Whats the point in that you showed above. He lived in the US and most likely would have accounts in the US. or whats the problem ?
I am sure comprehension is not your problem, is it? Did you read the op?

The guy said he did NOT have any account abroad.

Who is lying? You or Ajimobi?
Answer, please.

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by olaolabiy: 11:46pm On Jul 05, 2011
Why are you spinning his declaration?
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by dayokanu(m): 11:47pm On Jul 05, 2011
OK. I live in the US, I have accounts which are well funded got credit cards and a good credit history, I buy a house and acquire properties from my credit.

I am coming home to contest for an elective post which requires that I dont run any foreign account and I close all my foreign account in order to meet the requirements

What part of that is not plausible
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by dayokanu(m): 11:48pm On Jul 05, 2011
So I have an account in the US in 2004 must mean I must have an account in 2011 When I know I am contesting for a post which requires I dont run any foreign account?
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by olaolabiy: 11:49pm On Jul 05, 2011
Good credit? How?

He hasn't worked in the US for the past 26 years.

He has never worked in the UK.

He has 'no accounts' abroad.

How do you build up this credit? My questions are clear enough.

2 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by olaolabiy: 11:50pm On Jul 05, 2011
dayokanu:

So I have an account in the US in 2004 must mean I must have an account in 2011 When I know I am contesting for a post which requires I dont run any foreign account?

Was he MD in the US or Nigeria, please?
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by olaolabiy: 11:52pm On Jul 05, 2011
dayokanu:

OK. I live in the US, I have accounts which are well funded got credit cards and a good credit history, I buy a house and acquire properties from my credit.

I am coming home to contest for an elective post which requires that I dont run any foreign account and I close all my foreign account in order to meet the requirements

What part of that is not plausible

Got credit cards? How do you pay your bills on them without an account?

Or, they were left dormant for 26 years?
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by olaolabiy: 11:54pm On Jul 05, 2011
Moreover, how much was he earning in the UK to be worthy of a 450, 000-pound mortgage?

And, when did he work there?

2 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by olaolabiy: 11:57pm On Jul 05, 2011
From what account(s) do you pay for this mortgage since you have none?

A Nigeria-based account?

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by Kobojunkie: 11:58pm On Jul 05, 2011
dayokanu:

What proof do you have that this is ill gotten wealth that is not commesurate with how much a oil company MD, Contractor and Senator earns

The onus is on you to tell how much Senators earn in that period, I know Senators in Nigeria earn a lot of money, Insane amount which is hardly otained in any other country in the whole world

um . . . NO, IT IS NOT!!! I am the PUBLIC here DEMANDING THAT GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEE explain the source of all he claims to be his. Since when is it the PUBLICs duty to PROVIDE VERIFICATION FOR/OR AGAINST data presented by a Government official? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked I don't know how you, of all people, would even attempt to throw COMMON SENSE out the door so you can continue to argue sentimentally in this.
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by dayokanu(m): 11:59pm On Jul 05, 2011
Do you know how credits work?

Ok he worked for a bit in the US has a good credit he owns a house there which he makes payments on his house through his bank accounts he run thereby building his credits

Are you saying you cant work in Nigeria and own a bank account in the US to make payments on your bills?

ola olabiy:

Was he MD in the US or Nigeria, please?

He later proceeded to the United States of America where he attended the state University New York, in Buffalo, New York and the Governor’s State University, Park Forest, Illinois. He graduated with B.Sc (Honors) in Business Administration and Finance. He also obtained his Masters of Science (MBA) degree in Operations Research and Marketing.

As a result of his academic credentials and excellent performance at the New York Insurance examinations, he was engaged as the 1st Nigerian state certified underwriter by Equitable Life Assurance Corporation, which was the 2nd largest Insurance Company in America.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=15548

You dont need to close your bank account in the US when you work in Nigeria, This man lived in the US, has properties and he probably travels there regularly, What does it take to wire money from a Nigerian account to a foreign account to pay your Bills or is this rocket science?
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by dayokanu(m): 12:00am On Jul 06, 2011
Kobojunkie:

um . . . NO, IT IS NOT!!! I am the PUBLIC here DEMANDING THAT GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEE explain the source of all he claims to be his. Since when is it the PUBLICs duty to VERIFY/PROVIDE PROOF FOR data presented by a Government official? I don't know how you, of all people, would even attempt to throw COMMON SENSE out the door so you can continue to argue sentimentally in this.

ROFLMAO

I am sure if your complaints get to him, he might furnish you with the information you need.

I dont think you can get such information on the pages of Nairaland
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by olaolabiy: 12:03am On Jul 06, 2011
MR DAYO,

PLEASE, ANSWER THIS,

He said he DID NOT have any account ABROAD.
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by Kobojunkie: 12:06am On Jul 06, 2011
dayokanu:

ROFLMAO

I am sure if your complaints get to him, he might furnish you with the information you need.

I dont think you can get such information on the pages of Nairaland

Please apply common sense, even here. Stop acting an arse on behalf of SW or is it ACN now . . . STOP and go back to being the old person who applied COMMON Sense in all wise. The man filed a form . . . I cannot believe you are here providing SUPPORT that even the Man himself HAS YET to for the claims he has made.
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by olaolabiy: 12:11am On Jul 06, 2011
ola olabiy:

MR DAYO,

PLEASE, ANSWER THIS,

He said he DID NOT have any account ABROAD.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Ex-NSA Dasuki's House In Kaduna? (photos) / Hushpuppi: Abba Kyari Flew To Dubai To Spend Good Time With Ramon Abbas - FBI / Governor Obiano Transforms Nkpor Flyover Under Bridge. See Before And Now Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.