Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,054 members, 7,838,669 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 (82092 Views)

Ajimobi Declares Assets / Senator Shehu Sani Declares Assets, Says He's Worth #22m, Several Houses / Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by bashydemy(m): 1:03am On Jul 06, 2011
Abiola Ajimobi, ACN Oyo State Gubernatorial Candidate

Born to the renowned Ajimobi family of Ibadan on the 16th of December, 1949, Abiola Adeyemi Ajimobi had his elementary education at St. Patrick, Abebi, ICC Primary school, Aperin and later attended Lagelu Grammar School for his secondary education. Whi…lst in school Abiola was very active in sports, athletics and the school curriculum. He was the table tennis captain, football captain and the games prefect. In the athletics he was the second fastest student manning the 1st leg for relay race and number two in 100 and 200 meters race. As a result of his all rounder image, he was nicknamed ARCHIPELAGO. He completed his secondary school education in flying colours. He later proceeded to the United States of America where he attended the state University New York, in Buffalo, New York and the Governor’s State University, Park Forest, Illinois. He graduated with B.Sc (Honors) in Business Administration and Finance. He also obtained his Masters of Science (MBA) degree in Operations Research and Marketing.

As a result of his academic credentials and excellent performance at the New York Insurance examinations, he was engaged as the 1st Nigerian state certified underwriter by Equitable Life Assurance Corporation, which was the 2nd largest Insurance Company in America. Abiola Adeyemi Ajimobi returned to Nigeria in 1977 and joined Management and Industrial Consulting firm as a Senior Consultant. He thereafter worked briefly with Modulor Group as the Finance and Admin Controller before joining Nestle Foods PLC as the Operations Controller and later as Marketing Controller.

In 1979, Abiola Adeyemi Ajimobi joined National Oil and Chemical Marketing Company as the Consumer Products Manager. He was the youngest Manager to occupy such a sensitive position. His performance quickly earned him promotion to the level of Divisional Manager within one and a half years. Thus becoming the youngest Divisional Manager to be appointed. For his star performance, strategic business applications, helicopter views and visibility in the company he was promoted quickly again above his peers to head a newly created Corporate Credit division reporting directly to the Managing director. His successful performance made the division a cynosure of all eyes in the company. As a top flyer in the company and based on his problem solving ability he was deployed to Ibadan Business District as the Area Manager to ensure the repositioning of the entire company activities in the area. The Company and the district experienced his landmark achievements in modern retail network resulting in the company’s first 3 in 1 largest retail outlet in Nigeria and the district office built by him during his tenure still stands out today in Ibadan.

In 1987, based on a worldwide international strategic positioning of the lubricants business desired by shell international oil company, Abiola Adeyemi Ajimobi was appointed the Lubricants Manager, the most important product portfolio of the company. He successfully built a new Lubricant division which became the most profitable business of the company and the largest contributor to the corporate profit. Having completed the strategic repositioning of the Lubricants department, Abiola Adeyemi Ajimobi was moved to manage another troubled business arm- the aviation department. By 1993, Abiola Ajimobi has had successful and broad exposure in virtually all the marketing arms of the company and obviously destined for the Top.

As part of the grooming programme he was posted on international assignment to shell international storage company of Togo, serving the whole of West Africa as Chief Executive. He also was the Operations Director of shell Marketing Company in Togo covering some West African countries. He returned to Nigeria in 1995 and was appointed in 1996 as Oil Sales Manager in 1998, he was appointed to the board of the company as Executive director- Marketing, a position he held before his appointment on February 2001, as the managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of the National Oil and Chemical Marketing Company.

As Managing Director he substainally improved the profitability of the company and the shareholders fortune. In 2003, he voluntarily retired after 26 years of meritorious service in the Oil industry. In His successful professional Career spanning a period of over three decades, Abiola Ajimobi was smart, brilliant, quick witted, and positively impacted on the businesses and people he interacted with. In 2003 he became a Senator of the Republic of Nigeria. He was a principal officer in the senate as the Deputy Minority leader of the Senate. During his senate days, precisely in 2005, he established the first and the largest FREE VOCATIONAL TRAINING CENTER, in Oyo State, offering training in computer engineering, computer operations, telephone engineering, fashion designing, hair dressing, tie and dye.

The Center has turned out over 15,000 students to date that have gained employments in banks and many industries in Nigeria. The Center has been recognized and certified both as a partner and training center by the ITF of the Federal Government. In 2007 he contested and believed to have won the gubernatorial election under the umbrella of ANPP but like most of his peers in the opposition parties he was denied his mandate. As characteristic of him, he leaves everything to God but never gives up his desire to serve. His Brilliant achievements were humbly supported by his GIFT OF NATURE of almost 30 years Mrs. Florence Ajimobi and his lovely children Abisola, Abimbola, Ajibola, Abolaji and Ajijola

Tell me with all this what else will someone need to be a successive man
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by olaolabiy: 1:04am On Jul 06, 2011
dayokanu:

He schooled and started working in the US  which would have established a credit for him, He got stuffs on credit, and he was making payment from his Nigerian account into his foreign account to service his loans Which of this is INPLAUSIBLE

Like I said Its not rocket Science

Then, if he got it at that time,  he has been servicing this mortgage for more than 30 years? Hehe.

How much was the worth of the house in 1980 then?

Was it a 50-year long mortgage?

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by dayokanu(m): 1:04am On Jul 06, 2011
ola olabiy:

We are talking about getting your mortgage in the first place

Have you forgotten he schooled and worked in the US, He is also either a Permanent resident of a Citizen. How difficult would it be to get a mortgage in those conditions
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by dayokanu(m): 1:06am On Jul 06, 2011
I dont knw when he bought the house, But based on his already established credit, SSN, Citizenship status and payment history he can get the house at any time whether 30yrs ago, 15yrs ago or 5yrs ago
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by olaolabiy: 1:07am On Jul 06, 2011
dayokanu:

Have you forgotten he schooled and worked in the US, He is also either a Permanent resident of a Citizen. How difficult would it be to get a mortgage in those conditions

He left in 1977. And, you claimed he obtained this mortgage before living.

33 years on he is still paying abi?

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by olaolabiy: 1:07am On Jul 06, 2011
bashy_demy:

As a result of his academic credentials and excellent performance at the New York Insurance examinations, he was engaged as the 1st Nigerian state certified underwriter by Equitable Life Assurance Corporation, which was the 2nd largest Insurance Company in America. Abiola Adeyemi Ajimobi returned to Nigeria in 1977 and joined Management and Industrial Consulting firm as a Senior Consultant. He thereafter worked briefly with Modulor Group as the Finance and Admin Controller before joining Nestle Foods PLC as the Operations Controller and later as Marketing Controller.

In 1979, Abiola Adeyemi Ajimobi joined National Oil and Chemical Marketing Company as the Consumer Products Manager. He was the youngest Manager to occupy such a sensitive position. His performance quickly earned him promotion to the level of Divisional Manager within one and a half years. Thus becoming the youngest Divisional Manager to be appointed. For his star performance, strategic business applications, helicopter views and visibility in the company he was promoted quickly again above his peers to head a newly created Corporate Credit division reporting directly to the Managing director. His successful performance made the division a cynosure of all eyes in the company. As a top flyer in the company and based on his problem solving ability he was deployed to Ibadan Business District as the Area Manager to ensure the repositioning of the entire company activities in the area. The Company and the district experienced his landmark achievements in modern retail network resulting in the company’s first 3 in 1 largest retail outlet in Nigeria and the district office built by him during his tenure still stands out today in Ibadan.

In 1987, based on a worldwide international strategic positioning of the lubricants business desired by shell international oil company, Abiola Adeyemi Ajimobi was appointed the Lubricants Manager, the most important product portfolio of the company. He successfully built a new Lubricant division which became the most profitable business of the company and the largest contributor to the corporate profit. Having completed the strategic repositioning of the Lubricants department, Abiola Adeyemi Ajimobi was moved to manage another troubled business arm- the aviation department. By 1993, Abiola Ajimobi has had successful and broad exposure in virtually all the marketing arms of the company and obviously destined for the Top.

As part of the grooming programme he was posted on international assignment to shell international storage company of Togo, serving the whole of West Africa as Chief Executive. He also was the Operations Director of shell Marketing Company in Togo covering some West African countries. He returned to Nigeria in 1995 and was appointed in 1996 as Oil Sales Manager in 1998, he was appointed to the board of the company as Executive director- Marketing, a position he held before his appointment on February 2001, as the managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of the National Oil and Chemical Marketing Company.

As Managing Director he substainally improved the profitability of the company and the shareholders fortune. In 2003, he voluntarily retired after 26 years of meritorious service in the Oil industry. In His successful professional Career spanning a period of over three decades, Abiola Ajimobi was smart, brilliant, quick witted, and positively impacted on the businesses and people he interacted with. In 2003 he became a Senator of the Republic of Nigeria. He was a principal officer in the senate as the Deputy Minority leader of the Senate. During his senate days, precisely in 2005, he established the first and the largest FREE VOCATIONAL TRAINING CENTER, in Oyo State, offering training in computer engineering, computer operations, telephone engineering, fashion designing, hair dressing, tie and dye.

Tell me with all this what else will someone need to be a successive man

Good job, now you are my man wink
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by olaolabiy: 1:09am On Jul 06, 2011
dayokanu:

I dont knw when he bought the house, But based on his already established credit, SSN, Citizenship status and payment history he can get the house at any time whether 30yrs ago, 15yrs ago or 5yrs ago

Chei!

Credit rating has a time span, man.

Nobody examines you worthiness 33 years ago. Or, am I missing something?

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by manny4life(m): 1:10am On Jul 06, 2011
ola olabiy:

Your risk line will always be high without verifiable source on income.

Since when did these banks start to accept jobs in Nigeria as a source of income. Are you kidding.
Do you really understand the concept of mortgage financing?

Please stop acting like you're new to this. Again your risk line has NOTHING  to do with your source of income. Risk on a credit profile is determined by your FICO score also known as Fair Issac Consumer something.This score takes a lot into consideration and at the end of the day releases a number between 400 and 850. What increases your risk level is NOT your income but for instance, you have missed payments or late payments (30, 60 or 90 days late), number of times you had a "HARD INQUIRY", if it was for credit, was it granted or denied and why was it denied? How many trade lines do u have? For how long have you had them? These are all the factors that determine your risk level and NOT your income. Trust me I worked at SunTrust Banks, I know to some level Credit techniques.

Verifiable source of income is to support what your asking for, creditors want to determine, based upon your FICO score, credit history and your income, they are trying to find a trend pattern. For instance if you take home $3,000 monthly and have $2,000 on your credit file but with less than 20% as your revolving monthly balance, they know that you are less likely to spend but keep in mind they will look at your expense, if 80% of your $3,000 goes to expense that tells a different pattern. Though you have a low balance, a good credit, but you have other financial obligations to meet and extending credit to you might put u in default.

While banks DO NOT verify source of incomes from foreign countries, FinCen and banking regulatory laws allow them to look at foreign assets outside the OFAC list to determine if someone is able to make payments on an assets within the U.S.
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by bashydemy(m): 1:11am On Jul 06, 2011
ola olabiy:

Good job, now you are my man wink
thanks i really wanna be like Ajimobi i no mind if someone jump of the cliff over my assests
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by olaolabiy: 1:12am On Jul 06, 2011
bashy_demy:

Abiola Ajimobi, ACN Oyo State Gubernatorial Candidate

Born to the renowned Ajimobi family of Ibadan on the 16th of December, 1949, Abiola Adeyemi Ajimobi had his elementary education at St. Patrick, Abebi, ICC Primary school, Aperin and later attended Lagelu Grammar School for his secondary education. Whi…lst in school Abiola was very active in sports, athletics and the school curriculum. He was the table tennis captain, football captain and the games prefect. In the athletics he was the second fastest student manning the 1st leg for relay race and number two in 100 and 200 meters race. As a result of his all rounder image, he was nicknamed ARCHIPELAGO. He completed his secondary school education in flying colours. He later proceeded to the United States of America where he attended the state University New York, in Buffalo, New York and the Governor’s State University, Park Forest, Illinois. He graduated with B.Sc (Honors) in Business Administration and Finance. He also obtained his Masters of Science (MBA) degree in Operations Research and Marketing.

I also have all this things and I will also soon (God willing) become a chartered accountant.

So, abeg.

But you did a good job with this bio sha. Thanks
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by dayokanu(m): 1:13am On Jul 06, 2011
ola olabiy:

He left in 1977. And, you claimed he obtained this mortgage before living.

33 years on he is still paying abi?

I dont know the details of when he got the mortgae, But he could have gotten it anytime.

He has a good credit history, Good downpayment, and good payment history.

Its just like an American based in Nigeria and you now say he cant get a Mortgage in America?

Jooo now?

ola olabiy:

Chei!

Credit rating has a time span, man.

Nobody examines you worthiness 33 years ago. Or, am I missing something?

Must you be living in the US for 365 days a yr to have a credit rating? Come up with a better argument/logic
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by dayokanu(m): 1:14am On Jul 06, 2011
ola olabiy:

I also have all this things and I will also soon (God willing) become a chartered accountant.

So, abeg.

But you did a good job with this bio sha. Thanks

This info is in Public domain Check wikipedia or osudefender
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by olaolabiy: 1:15am On Jul 06, 2011
bashy_demy:

thanks i really wanna be like Ajimobi i no mind if someone jump of the cliff over my assests
I want to be like him too. Not hating at all.

What I am saying is: he embellished 1 or 2 things.
This is normal.

But, you are all saying he was simply shrewd. Nah!
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by olaolabiy: 1:16am On Jul 06, 2011
dayokanu:

Must you be living in the US for 365 days a yr to have a credit rating? Come up with a better argument/logic

In the UK, yes
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by olaolabiy: 1:18am On Jul 06, 2011
dayokanu:

I dont know the details of when he got the mortgae, But he could have gotten it anytime.

He has a good credit history, Good downpayment, and good payment history.

Its just like an American based in Nigeria and you now say he cant get a Mortgage in America?

Jooo now?

How did he get the UK one?
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by olaolabiy: 1:19am On Jul 06, 2011
dayokanu:

This info is in Public domain Check wikipedia or osudefender

Anyone can say anything. Na true?

He stole, one way or the other
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by ektbear: 1:20am On Jul 06, 2011
manny4life:

Please stop acting like you're new to this. Again your risk line has NOTHING  to do with your source of income. Risk on a credit profile is determined by your FICO score also known as Fair Issac Consumer something.This score takes a lot into consideration and at the end of the day releases a number between 400 and 850. What increases your risk level is NOT your income but for instance, you have missed payments or late payments (30, 60 or 90 days late), number of times you had a "HARD INQUIRY", if it was for credit, was it granted or denied and why was it denied? How many trade lines do u have? For how long have you had them? These are all the factors that determine your risk level and NOT your income. Trust me I worked at SunTrust Banks, I know to some level Credit techniques.

Verifiable source of income is to support what your asking for, creditors want to determine, based upon your FICO score, credit history and your income, they are trying to find a trend pattern. For instance if you take home $3,000 monthly and have $2,000 on your credit file but with less than 20% as your revolving monthly balance, they know that you are less likely to spend but keep in mind they will look at your expense, if 80% of your $3,000 goes to expense that tells a different pattern. Though you have a low balance, a good credit, but you have other financial obligations to meet and extending credit to you might put u in default.

While banks DO NOT verify source of incomes from foreign countries, FinCen and banking regulatory laws allow them to look at foreign assets outside the OFAC list to determine if someone is able to make payments on an assets within the U.S.

Interesting
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by bashydemy(m): 1:20am On Jul 06, 2011
ola olabiy:

I want to be like him too. Not hating at all.

What I am saying is: he embellished 1 or 2 things.
This is normal.

But, you are all saying he was simply shrewd. Nah!
Tell me about what you think he embellished?
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by olaolabiy: 1:22am On Jul 06, 2011
bashy_demy:

Tell me about what you think he embellished?
That he has no accounts abroad. etc
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by olaolabiy: 1:24am On Jul 06, 2011
manny4life:

Well, I don't know about the US. People like Ekt should tell us.

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by manny4life(m): 1:26am On Jul 06, 2011
IMO, residency DOES NOT contribute to your credit rating or history but the activity components like your trade line do. I  can be off from the U.S.for 9months, so long I use my Capital One Credit Card and shop online, and pay it back immediately, Capital One could really less where I spend the money. All they are reporting to the Bureau is how much my last balance was and if I had any late payments.
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by dayokanu(m): 1:26am On Jul 06, 2011
ola olabiy:

Anyone can say anything. Na true?

He stole, one way or the other

Then prove it otherwise. If I come out and say something, If you are certain its not true, then bring out counter evidence.

ola olabiy:

I dont know about the UK like I said earlier, But I dont think it would be difficult for Someone who has a good verifiable balance in HSBC New york to get Finance from HSBC London.

Do you have to live in UK for 365days before you get your house financedI know a lot of ppl who bought houses in Uk dont live there permanently
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by manny4life(m): 1:27am On Jul 06, 2011
ekt_bear:

Interesting

How do u mean by "interesting"?
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by olaolabiy: 1:27am On Jul 06, 2011
manny4life:

How do you check whether he's got missed payments/hard inquiry/trade lines without any bank account like he claimed
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by olaolabiy: 1:29am On Jul 06, 2011
dayokanu:

Do you have to live in UK for 365days before you get your house financedI know a lot of ppl who bought houses in Uk dont live there permanently

They know the way they do it.

Most are not even on mortgage
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by bashydemy(m): 1:29am On Jul 06, 2011
ola olabiy:

That he has no accounts abroad. etc
That is very possible he might have in the past both close them down when he want to go into Politics or contest for Governor and beside he never say he dint have foreign accounts he said he does not have money in any foreign account so he might still maintain his foreign account but no available cash in them
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by dayokanu(m): 1:31am On Jul 06, 2011
ola olabiy:

How do you check whether he's got missed payments/hard inquiry/trade lines without any bank account like he claimed

Have you heard of companies like Experian etc?
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by olaolabiy: 1:35am On Jul 06, 2011
dayokanu:

Have you heard of companies like Experian etc?

They are here. Many of them

Okay, how do they now determine your worthiness without any functional account?

I am sure you know the important parts as far as credit rating is concerned
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by manny4life(m): 1:36am On Jul 06, 2011
ola olabiy:

Everyone with a Social Security Number in the United States HAS a Credit Profile, let me be cautious more like every adult with SSN has a credit profile. It takes just one thing to activate it, it could be opening an account, opening a utility account, registering for school, job et al. According to a U.S. financial law can't remember which one and the Federal Credit Reporting Act, Financial, educational, institutional, employers anyone can pull your credit if you authorize them to. Personally, I cannot check all this items that you have written, but if he went to the bank to get financing, there is a Credit disclosure agreement which you sign authorizing the bank to initiate a "hard pull inquiry" on you. When that inquiry is made, it tell all that you mentioned on here without you not.

According to a U.S.law regarding opening accounts, after 9/11, the federal govt along with congress when PAT Act was passed required financial institutions o verify your identity via your credit so as you can see your credit does NOT depend on whether you have an account or not. Also the three major credit bureaus include Experian, EQUIFAX and TransUnion. Experian is often the best choice but anyone can pull from the three agencies.
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by olaolabiy: 1:37am On Jul 06, 2011
bashy_demy:

That is very possible he might have in the past both close them down when he want to go into Politics or contest for Governor and beside he never say he dint have foreign accounts he said he does not have money in any foreign account so he might still maintain his foreign account but no available cash in them

A Nigerian billionaire without money in his foreign account?

He middle name must be 'Jesu Agodi'
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by ektbear: 1:38am On Jul 06, 2011
manny4life:

How do u mean by "interesting"?

It was interesting because I learned stuff I didn't know before. I should have just said "good post."
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by dayokanu(m): 1:39am On Jul 06, 2011
He knew he was going into Politics and was forbidden to run a foreign account, WHy cant he simply close it and route any transactions he wants to do through anyone else

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Bashir Ahmad's Response To Innoson On Ventilator Offer / Teniola And Teniayo Saraki 20th Birthday: Toyin Celebrates Her Twin Daughters / Ex-NSA Dasuki's House In Kaduna? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.