Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,506 members, 7,865,128 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 12:47 PM

Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun (22493 Views)

Oil Discovery In Bauchi, Gombe Will Cut Niger-Delta Political Power - Buhari / Secrecy, Doubts Trail One Billion Barrels Oil Discovery In North / Obasanjo Visits Abiodun Over The Death Of His Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by aribisala0(m): 6:16pm On Mar 31, 2022
christistruth01:
kiss

The Ewe and Eguns are descended from the Branch of the Yorubas called the Popos

The Olu Popo was one of the Sons of Oduduwa the Eguns also have some Fon (Dahimey) ancestry too
So Yorubas are descendants of Oduduwa?
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by geosegun(m): 6:26pm On Mar 31, 2022
VEHINTOLAR:

Yoruba are no slaves to anyone from Nigeria to Benin republic,Togo, Ghana,Sierra Leone,
Gambia and even in the Americas ! They have distinguished themselves in all areas of human endeavors - Medicine, Engineering, Law,Commerce,Military,Education,etc And talking about war,Yoruba fought wars more than any other tribes in Africa. The records are there ! If you really want to know the real slaves in Nigeria,perhaps you may take a look in the mirror ! Yoruba are the pacesetters in both ancient and contemporary Nigeria - records are there too ! A ju yin lo,a ki n se egbe baba baba yin !

You made mistake here? No one disputed the fact that Yoruba is a great race and has done great exploits.

However, I was referring to kinsmen taken to the South and North America including the Caribbean islands.

The end of slavery was when the British ships stopped America bound slave ships and are forced to berth at Sierra Leone shore. Many of those are Yorubas who are still there until this day.

What about Brazil? When one talks, it not about local issues only, I was referring to international and transnationals.

For the records, Yoruba as an entity, has never been defeated in any war. There may be some minor isolated cases, here and there, due to internal conflicts e.g Oyo. Which we fought back and defeated the Marauders at Ajase IPO.

So, young man, I knew what I was talking about…
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by michresakidjo(m): 6:29pm On Mar 31, 2022
TAO11:
The general Itsekiri populace are of the Yoruba stock directly from Ijebu and from some other parts of Yorùbáland.

The Itsekiri royal house, however, claims its descent is from the Benin royal house.

The Itsekiri royal house makes it clear, however, that the Benin royal house (from which it came) is of IFẹ origin/roots.

So any how you look at it, this king is correct about his assertion that Itsekiri is part of the Yoruba stock.

TAO11 My love for you is boundless.
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by michresakidjo(m): 6:34pm On Mar 31, 2022
aribisala0:
Confirmed? Was he there? Ogu people are connected to but distinct They also have connections with other Non Yoruba groups outside Nigeria

Their language is closer to Fon
They use alphabets that do not exist in Yoruba e.g. V

The oba lives in badagry, you can visit the palace. I believe he will do justice to these questions you asked.

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by nisai: 6:38pm On Mar 31, 2022
TAO11:
Incorporoted Awori language into news casting abi what did I just read? Lmao grin

Nothing person no go read on Nairaland. Wait, is this your comment also borne out of a feeling of being inferior to the Yorubas or is it borne, this time, out of gross & undiluted ignorance?? Cos it has to be one. cheesy

Awori, Oyo, Ife, Egba, Ondo, etc. are all dialects of the Yoruba language.

The languages of News casting in our Lagos state are:
(1) Yoruba language (The language of the landowners, i.e. Aworis)

(2) Egun language (The language of the non-Yoruba section of the Badagry division)

(3) English language (The colonial language of Nigeria)

I have heard some Eguns claimed they are Yoruba. I don't know if it's true.
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by aribisala0(m): 6:39pm On Mar 31, 2022
michresakidjo:

The oba lives in badagry, you can visit the palace. I believe he will do justice to these questions you asked.
Well you manufactured the statements and attributed them to him so that is why I asked you
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by fregeneh(m): 6:40pm On Mar 31, 2022
perambulator:

You could have saved yourself from embarrassment by using Google before you respond

I no got google
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by Nobody: 6:42pm On Mar 31, 2022
fregeneh:

I no got google

Na pencil and paper you take write this post?
comedian
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by michresakidjo(m): 6:42pm On Mar 31, 2022
aribisala0:
Well you manufactured the statements and attributed them to him so that is why I asked you

Google is your friend bro.
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by aribisala0(m): 6:44pm On Mar 31, 2022
nisai:
Ogu people are not Yoruba

The simple truth is that Yoruba as a construct is a 20th century construct within the context of Nigeria.
Ogu language is not in the Yoruba language family and there is next to zero mutual intelligibility. At some point in history the Ogu people like the Egba e.g fell under Oyo domination

They have similarities but they are different people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by aribisala0(m): 6:45pm On Mar 31, 2022
michresakidjo:

Google is your friend bro.
Actually it is not .It is discredited.
Google did not come here to make baseless claims
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by aribisala0(m): 6:48pm On Mar 31, 2022
TAO11:
Incorporoted Awori language into news casting abi what did I just read? Lmao grin

Nothing person no go read on Nairaland. Wait, is this your comment also borne out of a feeling of being inferior to the Yorubas or is it borne, this time, out of gross & undiluted ignorance?? Cos it has to be one. cheesy

Awori, Oyo, Ife, Egba, Ondo, etc. are all dialects of the Yoruba language.

The languages of News casting in our Lagos state are:
(1) Yoruba language (The language of the landowners, i.e. Aworis)

(2) Egun language (The language of the non-Yoruba section of the Badagry division)

(3) English language (The colonial language of Nigeria)

Not sure what you mean by landowners.
Aworis are not the only or largest group in Lagos State.

The Ijebus are prominent in two of the 5 divisions of the state; Epe and Ikorodu Whilst the Ogu in one ; Badagry
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by aribisala0(m): 6:55pm On Mar 31, 2022
geosegun:

You made mistake here? No one disputed the fact that Yoruba is a great race and has done great exploits.

However, I was referring to kinsmen taken to the South and North America including the Caribbean islands.

The end of slavery was when the British ships stopped America bound slave ships and are forced to berth at Sierra Leone shore. Many of those are Yorubas who are still there until this day.

What about Brazil? When one talks, it not about local issues only, I was referring to international and transnationals.

For the records, Yoruba as an entity, has never been defeated in any war. There may be some minor isolated cases, here and there, due to internal conflicts e.g Oyo. Which we fought back and defeated the Marauders at Ajase IPO.

Yoruba as an entity

Never defeated in any war7

Yoruba as an entity

never existed before Nigeria

Ijebu
Egba
Ekiti
Igbomina
Okun
Ondo
Ijesha

All existed as standalone entities = Nations

Distinct from OYO

Indeed
The Ijebu and some others distinctly referred to

Oyo people as "Yoruba" and never used that term for themselves

The identity as Yoruba only stuck after

The creation of Nigeria

If you go to Benin republic , They tend to use the term Anago not "Yoruba"

Also there is a sequestered group in Delta state that were encapsulated and cut off. They call themselves Olukumi and are a very useful resource for putting things in proper historical context

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by Oke700: 7:08pm On Mar 31, 2022
aribisala0:

Yoruba as an entity

Yoruba as an entity

Ijebu
Egba
Ekiti
Igbomina
Okun
Ondo
Ijesha

Distinct from OYO

Indeed

The creation of Nigeria

Also there is a sequestered group in Delta state that were encapsulated and cut off. They call themselves Olukumi and are a very useful resource for putting things in proper historical context

Those in delta state went to delta because of the oil.
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by VEHINTOLAR: 7:09pm On Mar 31, 2022
geosegun:

Perhaps, I misunderstood your earlier points. I'm sorry about that please. Now,old man,by Marauders,I guess you're referring to the invading fulani force of that era,right ? If that's right,it is on record that they were actually defeated in Osogbo but not Ajase Ipo as you put it.
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by aribisala0(m): 7:12pm On Mar 31, 2022
Oke700:

Those in delta state went to delta because of the oil.
So they are in oil business?
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by Nisiw366: 7:33pm On Mar 31, 2022
27Pushing30:

I have attached some things to enlighten you… just on ondo and akure kingdoms o las las we will all continue to be ignorant .

Because the Brit’s favored the Yoruba’s doesn’t mean we don’t know history o.

that's fake history, owo only traded with benin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by geosegun(m): 7:34pm On Mar 31, 2022
aribisala0:

Yoruba as an entity

Yoruba as an entity

Ijebu
Egba
Ekiti
Igbomina
Okun
Ondo
Ijesha

Distinct from OYO

Indeed

The creation of Nigeria

Yes you are correct - The Oyo people are referred to as Yaribawa by the Hausas due to commercial relationship. This was later extended to other part of Yoruba land as we are one people but differs slightly by location and dialect but with same culture and language. The Nupes were called Baribawa , and Hausawa etc. We used to call Hausa people by a sobriquet- which has eluded me now. I will mention it again once I remember.
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by christistruth01: 7:52pm On Mar 31, 2022
aribisala0:
So Yorubas are descendants of Oduduwa?

Oduduwa is the Father of the Yorubas

The Oba's and Yoruba Princes that founded the 16 Yoruba kingdoms are mainly descended from Oduduwa, the Aborigines are mainly Ugbo Stock originally but over the Centuries both have mixed

But the Ijesha ,Ijebu,Akoko,Ilaje,Ekiti and Owu are believed to be mainly of Ugbo Stock Originally

The Ugbos were the Aborigines of Yoruland
Oduduwa was of a Settler Stock which was at least related to the Nupe Tribe
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by aribisala0(m): 8:01pm On Mar 31, 2022
christistruth01:

The Oba's and Yoruba Princes that founded the 16 Yoruba kingdoms are mainly descended from Oduduwa, the Aborigines are mainly Ugbo Stock originally but over the Centuries both have mixed

But the Ijesha ,Ijebu,Akoko,Ilaje,Ekiti and Owu are believed to be mainly of Ugbo Stock Originally

What does Father mean?
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by Christistruth00: 8:36pm On Mar 31, 2022
aribisala0:

What does Father mean?

George Washington was one of the founding fathers of USA
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by Christistruth00: 8:38pm On Mar 31, 2022
michresakidjo:

TAO11 My love for you is boundless.

Her Bride Price has already been fully paid

Cc Tao11
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by michresakidjo(m): 8:51pm On Mar 31, 2022
Christistruth00:

Her Bride Price has already been fully paid

Cc Tao11

Are you TAO11??
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by TAO11(f): 9:40pm On Mar 31, 2022
aribisala0:
Not sure what you mean by landowners.
Aworis are not the only or largest group in Lagos State.

The Ijebus are prominent in two of the 5 divisions of the state; Epe and Ikorodu Whilst the Ogu in one ; Badagry
Regardless of the index with which you look at it; be it earliest arrival, size, or spread; the Aworis are the actual landowners.

Cheers.

4 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by TAO11(f): 9:45pm On Mar 31, 2022
christistruth01:

The bolded appears like an intentional distortion of Yoruba history.

You once made same strange & incorrect statement a while back, and you were corrected.

See reminder below:
https://www.nairaland.com/6923765/why-bini-yorubas-one-connection/8#109458556

https://www.nairaland.com/6923765/why-bini-yorubas-one-connection/8#109462224

And Oduduwa is of Yoruba roots and origin from Oke-Ọra according to indigenous Yoruba traditions.

It is in our own best interest to stop distorting Yoruba history.

Cheers.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by ShadowCracker(m): 9:48pm On Mar 31, 2022
TAO11:

Regardless of the index with which you look at it with; be it earliest arrival, size, or spread the Aworis are the actual landowners.
What land angry angry.

I am Ijebu Epe, the other group are eko Epes, what land do Awori own in Epe, are eko Epe Awori. angry angry.
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by Christistruth00: 10:06pm On Mar 31, 2022
TAO11:
The bolded appears like an intentional distortion of Yoruba history.

You once made same strange & incorrect statement a while back, and you were corrected.

See reminder below:
https://www.nairaland.com/6923765/why-bini-yorubas-one-connection/8#109458556

https://www.nairaland.com/6923765/why-bini-yorubas-one-connection/8#109462224

And Oduduwa is of Yoruba roots and origin from Oke-Ọra according to indigenous

Yoruba traditions.

It is in our own best interest to stop distorting Yoruba history.

Cheers.

What I believe is that Oduduwa was born in the Ife Bowl but was of at least Partly of Nupe stock or Borgu

Because Moremi was described as Yoruba and a Settler from Offa and the Oba Ugbo who was

Ile Ife Aborigine was described as igbo so there are clearly two groups identified in Moremis story

Moremi belonged to Oranmiyan and Oduduwa’s Group

Lajomo the Nupe King and Oranmiyans Father inlaw received Oranmiyan as if he was receiving someone from his Group

The Nupe claim that Yoruba settler Group were Nupe that Crossed the Niger to the South and Settled In Yorubaland

Both Nupe and Yoruba have unusually Strong Artistic Culture and the Language is related
I believe Oduduwa was of the Nupe Settler Group but Born around ife

The Ijebu are adamant that they got to Yorubaland before the Oduduwa Settler Group

It was athe Nupe that were said to have brought Ifa Worship to ife
This is the Opinion I am working with at the moment

I am not interested in distorting Yoruba History but trying to get to the truth of it

The Olugbo Of Ugbo claims that his group was different from the Oduduwa Group and described the Oduduwa Group as Strangers so does the Awujale Of Ijebu

https://thenationonlineng.net/yoruba-history-olugbos-revisionism/amp/

https://www.jstor.org/stable/41857157
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by Omonayanoranmiy: 10:09pm On Mar 31, 2022
Edo people are from Ife even before oduduwa.call Edo sub tribe attest to this. Only Benin tribe say otherwise that everyone comes from Benin which is strange.They lie alot every other tribe also call theirKing oba silently in Edo State. Yorubas should ignore Benin people and deal with other Edo people who bear Yoruba names.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by TAO11(f): 10:45pm On Mar 31, 2022
ShadowCracker:

What land angry angry.

I am Ijebu Epe, the other group are eko Epes, what land do Awori own in Epe, are eko Epe Awori. angry angry.
The attached screenshot is so to show the context of my comment which you replied to.

So, my point in that comment is that not only are the Aworis the earliest group in the heartland of today’s Lagos State; their reach also extends (whether little or major) to the frontiers divisions of today’s Lagos state, viz. Badagry, Ikorodu, and Epe.

For example, regarding Badagry:
The area, however, was Awori territory with many small Awori settlements inhabiting the swamps around it, and many of such Awori ultimately became part of the new town and kingdom of Badagry.”

~ Stephen Adebanji Akintoye, “A History of the Yoruba People,” Amalion Publishing (2010), p. 111.

Regarding Ikorodu, the banks of the Cradoo lagoon in and around Ibeṣe, Ebute (Ipakodu), etc. is dotted with different Awori settlements.

This points to the far reach of an early Awori group al the way from the core to this frontier area. In fact, the town of Igbogbo (for example) have the traditions of the direct migration of a certain Okuṣelu from Iṣeri (the homeland of the Aworis).

A popular Ikorodu saying (in Ijebu dialect) has it that: “Igbogbo ri e kọ do, ki Ipakodo i-do, ki-i Koodu i-do”. I believe you should know what that says.

The wave from Iṣagamu simply represents the ruling dynasty (whose traditions became the dominant one as is to be expected anywhere).

It is not to say that this wave is the earliest. In fact, a strongly held saying in the traditions (as mentioned) point to the earlier Awori groups in the area.

Regarding Epe, the traditions of settling of Epe town doesn’t even mention Ijebu or Eko to begin with.

Instead, it makes mentions of a certain hunter whose name is given in the traditions as “Hu-raka”. He is said to have come all the way from Ifẹ.

The presence of Ijebu-Epe and Eko-Epe, are different groups that was supposedly subsequently drawn into the area.

Now regarding Eko-Epe, the following clarification has to be made about the name “Awori”:

Awori as I have used it in this particular context of Epe isn’t restricted to the Ogunfunminire group that cam directly from Ifẹ.

Instead, my usage includes those who descended from Ogunfunminire himself or from any member of his group.

The Eko-Epe are from the core of Lagos, i.e. from Eko. The Ekos (particularly the ruling house) is patrilineally of Awori roots.

The progenitor Aṣipa is, according to the traditions of Lagos, an Awori chief (of Ife royal descent) from Iṣeri.

And if the Eko-Epe are deemed instead to have been descended from the Iddo royal house of Lagos, they are also Aworis being patrilineally descended from the Olofin Ogunfunminire himself.

Cheers.

Cc: aribisala0

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by TAO11(f): 11:02pm On Mar 31, 2022
Christistruth00:
What I believe is that Oduduwa was born in the Ife Bowl but was of at least Partly of Nupe stock

Because Moremi was described as Yoruba and a Settler from Offa and the Oba Ugbo who was

Ile Ife Aborigine was described as igbo so there are clearly two groups identified in Moremis story

Lajomo the Nupe King and Oranmiyans Father inlaw received Oranmiyan as if he was receiving someone from his Group

The Nupe claim that Yoruba settler Group were Nupe that Crossed the Niger to the South and Settled In Yorubaland

Both Nupe and Yoruba have unusually Strong Artistic Culture and the Language is related
I believe Oduduwa was of the Nupe Settler Group but Born around ife

The Ijebu are adamant that they got to Yorubaland before the Oduduwa Settler Group

This is the Opinion I am working with at the moment

I am not interested in distorting Yoruba History but trying to get to the truth of it

The Olugbo Of Ugbo claims that his group was different from the Oduduwa Group and described the Oduduwa Group as Strangers so does the Awujale Of Ijebu

https://thenationonlineng.net/yoruba-history-olugbos-revisionism/amp/

https://www.jstor.org/stable/41857157

The history of a people is not what you personally believe.

Instead, the history of a people is what their ancient traditions say.

Especially when those ancient traditions are upheld by historical scholarship.

In the light of this fact, it has been established by the scholars of African & Yoruba history that: Oduduwa was from the hilly settlement of Oke-Ọra.

The Olugbo group (is a faction under the leadership of Obawinrin) formed from some of the 13 groups at the Ife bowl when Oduduwa’s group arrived the bowl.

None of these 13 groups has a supreme king for all of the Ife bowl. Instead, each group has its own king, an they’re equal. They rotated chairmanship.

It was Ideta’s turn at the time of Oduduwa to produce the chairman of the alliance of the kings. The king of Ideta at the time was Obatala.

This is what the tradition says. So, I don’t get the whol etalk about Olugbo, Nupe, etc. Where is that coming from?

And you didn’t read the comment which you typed up your replies to.

Cheers.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by TAO11(f): 11:26pm On Mar 31, 2022
nisai:
The two peoples have lived interspersed in the Awori frontier (and other frontiers) for several centuries.

So, it is understandable that some Egun may also claim they’re Yoruba.

But Yorùbá by itself is a different ethno-linguistic group.

“These far western Yoruba subgroups lived interspersed here and there with a people called the Adja or Aja (consisting of such subgroups as the Egun or Gun, Allada, and Fon). There was considerable closeness between the Yoruba and the Aja. Like the Yoruba language, Aja belonged to the Kwa subfamily within the larger Niger-Congo family of languages. It seems obvious that when the Yoruba group encountered the Aja people in this area, it continued and flowed past them westwards, so that over time Yoruba subgroups existed to the east, west and north of the Aja. With the Aja almost enveloped by the Yoruba, profound cultural affinities further developed between the two, with the smaller (the Aja) greatly influenced by the larger (the Yoruba) — in language, religion, and social and political institutions. Ultimately, the Yoruba and Aja became more or less one cultural area, and the Yoruba language became a sort of lingua franca for the two peoples, which means that while the Aja spoke their own language (which was strongly influenced by the Yoruba language) most of the Aja spoke Yoruba.*”

~ Stephen Adebanji Akintoye, “A History of the Yoruba People,” Amalion Publishing (2010), p. 9.

Cheers.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by aribisala0(m): 11:29pm On Mar 31, 2022
TAO11:

Regardless of the index with which you look at it; be it earliest arrival, size, or spread; the Aworis are the actual landowners.

Cheers.
Let me educate you a little as you are clearly ignorant
After independence Nigeria had 3 regions North East and West with Lagos City as the FCT
The Minister was Yaradua's father

After the 1966 coup Lagos State was created by taking land from the former Western Region and adding it to the FCT which was the city of Lagos.
Lagos City remained as FCT . Note LAGOS STATE WAS NEVER CAPITAL OF NIGERIA just the City
Those places Epe Ikorodu Badagry and Ikeja were ALL part or the Western region
and together with Lagos City were called the 5 divisions of Lagos . Each had a senator in the 2nd republic.
They are not Awori enclaves .Anyone saying what you are saying is not from Lagos State and does not know its history

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

New Electricity Tariff: Buhari May Face 1st Labour Showdown As NLC,TUC Spit Fire / I Have Been Doing My Best For Nigeria - President Buhari / ISWAP Terrorists Challenge Rival Boko Haram To Gunfight In Sambisa Forest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.