Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,922 members, 7,817,702 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Dating A Religious Zealot Can Be A Challenge - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating A Religious Zealot Can Be A Challenge (1795 Views)

When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage / My Experience Dating A Nigerian Police / How To Be A Challenge To Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dating A Religious Zealot Can Be A Challenge by dealordea(m): 3:14pm On Jul 04, 2011
Have you ever had the unfortunate experence of dating a woman(or man) who was a complete religious zealot? A Ned Flanders type, I mean someone who can't have a conversation without bringing up Jesus, Allah,or who ever? It has to be the hardest thing to do expecially if your not a religious person so don't get me wrong. These zealots make it their mission to "turn" you to the "light" rather than build a reasonable relationship.

These religious mainacs make even the most insignifigant things impossible,
Re: Dating A Religious Zealot Can Be A Challenge by upendo98(f): 3:22pm On Jul 04, 2011
Next time you come across one tell them,
Hey if you are too good for the earth then Kaput!!(get out of here and go heaven)
This is not heaven simple. Its earth and theres basic laws tht govern our living here.
So getting too spiritual for earth renders you useless and theres only one place fit 4 u.
Balance living pliz and stop overdoing stuff! angry
And am a christian who also tells people about the light but with wisdom and knowldege.
Re: Dating A Religious Zealot Can Be A Challenge by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 04, 2011
Puts me off. Way then, I would think twice if you told me God said this or God said that. I am a Christian and I don't hear extra-terrestrial voices.
Re: Dating A Religious Zealot Can Be A Challenge by iice(f): 4:18pm On Jul 04, 2011
This is where the 'things in common' comes into play.
Because mostly, these people, their religion sums up who they are. If you cannot handle it, don't date the person.
Re: Dating A Religious Zealot Can Be A Challenge by MissyB3(f): 5:08pm On Jul 04, 2011
Whatever happened to being with your 'kind'? undecided
Re: Dating A Religious Zealot Can Be A Challenge by upendo98(f): 5:12pm On Jul 04, 2011
^^
I guess it happens when the 'worldy' dude goes looking for the nice church gal . undecided
Re: Dating A Religious Zealot Can Be A Challenge by tpia5: 5:40pm On Jul 04, 2011
Look up "waka pass" in the dictionary and ma je ki nkan nkan ko e lese as you do so.
Re: Dating A Religious Zealot Can Be A Challenge by madoba: 5:57pm On Jul 04, 2011
tpia@:

Look up "waka pass" in the dictionary and ma je ki nkan nkan ko e lese as you do so.

LOL  grin. Tpiah please interprete the bolded part.

@ poster I know it can be extremely exasperating to be around such people, as a matter of fact I've dated one before it was a very very short relationship (less than 3 months old) I realized the guy was just full of bullshit.

Nothing ever happened naturally in his world, every single thing was linked to the spiritual world or some demonic attack. He turned out to be a wolf in sheep's clothing, because with all his spirituality he was hooked on gossip, the sort of gossip that causes real damage to a person's reputation.

He also wanted straffing and I was like what the hell you are supposed to be a born again christian, I kicked his Bottom to the  curb, he was such a jackass
Re: Dating A Religious Zealot Can Be A Challenge by tpia5: 4:07am On Jul 05, 2011
straffing meaning what? sex?

the bolded says the op shouldnt let the door hit his behind on the way out.
Re: Dating A Religious Zealot Can Be A Challenge by Araboy(m): 6:13am On Jul 05, 2011
I would not date a religious zealot and not likely one would want to date me
Usually I am someone who get along with about anyone of any religious persuasion unless
They trying to convert me like this silly Bini Nigerian girlfriend I had every time she comes to see me would lecture me about the bible Jesus the holy ghost i kept telling her I am not interested and will not convert for anything
Last i came to the conclusion that her and some of those born again might be high on Jesus Christ
Re: Dating A Religious Zealot Can Be A Challenge by african1(f): 6:16am On Jul 05, 2011
I don't think I would get a long with someone super religous. I am too wild, and not in bad way ofcourse, but in a way that might seem bad to them.
Re: Dating A Religious Zealot Can Be A Challenge by Goldieluks: 6:19am On Jul 05, 2011
Two cannot walk together except they agree,
if you cannot date a religious individual,there's no need slagging them off,because of their religious beliefs,
go ahead and date some else,cause birds of the same feather flock together. SIMPLES!
Re: Dating A Religious Zealot Can Be A Challenge by Araboy(m): 6:23am On Jul 05, 2011
African1 since you found Nikko disgusting I am worried about you  grin
Re: Dating A Religious Zealot Can Be A Challenge by Araboy(m): 6:26am On Jul 05, 2011
I also think Goldie is Mormon or Jehovah witness
Re: Dating A Religious Zealot Can Be A Challenge by african1(f): 6:31am On Jul 05, 2011
Araboy:

African1 since you found Nikko disgusting I am worried about you grin

Lol can we not talk about that again? I really dont like talking about it. Its nasty. N.A.S.T.E.E
Re: Dating A Religious Zealot Can Be A Challenge by Araboy(m): 6:33am On Jul 05, 2011
ok so let's talk about your wild side lol
Re: Dating A Religious Zealot Can Be A Challenge by african1(f): 6:40am On Jul 05, 2011
Sh!t I knew I shouldn't have written that. Um why dont we talk about sports? How about them Yankees?
Re: Dating A Religious Zealot Can Be A Challenge by Goldieluks: 7:38am On Jul 05, 2011
Araboy:

I also think Goldie is Mormon or Jehovah witness 

what is Mormon?
and besides am not Jehovah's witness.
Re: Dating A Religious Zealot Can Be A Challenge by upendo98(f): 7:47am On Jul 05, 2011
Mormon=church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints.
Re: Dating A Religious Zealot Can Be A Challenge by Goldieluks: 7:52am On Jul 05, 2011
upendo 98:

Mormon=church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints.

oh i see,thanks for the info.
Re: Dating A Religious Zealot Can Be A Challenge by iice(f): 8:31am On Jul 05, 2011
tpia@:

straffing meaning what? sex?

Lol yes.

Sounds like strangulation to me.
Re: Dating A Religious Zealot Can Be A Challenge by Araboy(m): 8:39am On Jul 05, 2011
Upendo 98 how zealot are you ? are you born again pentecostal ? or  member of your church choir or you just alternate occasionally your role as reader and usher at your local church
can't believe Goldie never heard of Mormons maybe she needs to visit Utah
Re: Dating A Religious Zealot Can Be A Challenge by african1(f): 5:38pm On Jul 05, 2011
^^^^ Mormons live a quite unigue life.
Re: Dating A Religious Zealot Can Be A Challenge by Araboy(m): 7:43pm On Jul 05, 2011
You might get lucky and find you an AA Mormon and live with him their unique life which by the way include polygamy
Re: Dating A Religious Zealot Can Be A Challenge by african1(f): 7:47pm On Jul 05, 2011
Over my dead body!!! I think every man should just have one wife. wink Istraqfurallah, I don't know what you think, but I am strong believer, I wouldn't convert for anybody. wink wink wink
Re: Dating A Religious Zealot Can Be A Challenge by Mynd44: 7:51pm On Jul 05, 2011
^^^
Here is one ZEALOT
Re: Dating A Religious Zealot Can Be A Challenge by african1(f): 7:52pm On Jul 05, 2011
Mynd_44:

^^^
Here is one ZEALOT

wink wink wink wink
Re: Dating A Religious Zealot Can Be A Challenge by Araboy(m): 7:52pm On Jul 05, 2011
I thought you were related to Ayaan hirsi  Ali  cheesy but who knows  you might be able to convert him and get big reward Insha Allah
@ Mind 44 Somali are very proud people it is not an accident that they are 100 % Muslims lol
Re: Dating A Religious Zealot Can Be A Challenge by african1(f): 7:56pm On Jul 05, 2011
Lol i can't believe you said that! She is a terrible goose, Inshallah, but if that doesn't work out, there plenty who are Muslims already. wink
Re: Dating A Religious Zealot Can Be A Challenge by Araboy(m): 7:59pm On Jul 05, 2011
ok at least make sure he likes eating Anjara
Re: Dating A Religious Zealot Can Be A Challenge by african1(f): 8:12pm On Jul 05, 2011
Ofcourse! What else would i make him for breakfast? He better love bananas as well. wink
Re: Dating A Religious Zealot Can Be A Challenge by pleep(m): 1:01am On Jul 06, 2011
african1:

I don't think I would get a long with someone super religous. I am too wild, and not in bad way ofcourse, but in a way that might seem bad to them.
HOLY SHIZz send me your pictures ASAP!!! grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guys What's Your Preference A Male Doctor Or Female Doctor For Medical Checkup? / He Must Attend A Celestial Church If He Want Their Daughter (RCCG Member) / Nairaland Romantic Song Contest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.