Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,324 members, 7,850,159 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:26 PM

Why Parents Should Stop Enrolling Their Child To School Too Early. - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Parents Should Stop Enrolling Their Child To School Too Early. (34019 Views)

Sylvester Oromoni: Why Parents Of Fleeing Dowen College Students Can Be Liable- / When Parents Storm School To Beat Their Child's Bully / 7 Things All Parents Should Know Before Enrolling A Child In Nigerian Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Parents Should Stop Enrolling Their Child To School Too Early. by thatigboman1: 9:06pm On Apr 02, 2022
IamGreen1:

I'm still waiting for the person that will forcefully enroll my 16 months old daughter to school since they have a thousand questions to ask me why she's yet to start schooling.
God bless you.
Re: Why Parents Should Stop Enrolling Their Child To School Too Early. by thatigboman1: 9:08pm On Apr 02, 2022
WisdomHunter:

I was shocked when i saw this Swiss woman that married to Anambra man that answers nwanyị ọcha on social media, she posted her son's first day in school and the boy was like 4-5yrs old I think last year or thereabout.

She explained that its a traditional or law in Switzerland to home train a child until they're up to 5yrs before they can put into a school
na people wey sabi.
Re: Why Parents Should Stop Enrolling Their Child To School Too Early. by GboyegaD(m): 9:09pm On Apr 02, 2022
safarigirl:

So, you know the reality, yet, you are advocating for unrealistic standards

What is unrealistic? A daycare is what a toddler needs and not some school.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Parents Should Stop Enrolling Their Child To School Too Early. by thatigboman1: 9:09pm On Apr 02, 2022
Patnelly:
As good as your opinion sounds,it's not easy for parents to keep their children at home. Won't they work again? Besides, children like that dey Sabi book. Trust me. My son started school at 8month and him Sabi book pass him younger ones wey start @ 2years.
wait for the long run. Education and life generally is a marathon, not a sprint.
Re: Why Parents Should Stop Enrolling Their Child To School Too Early. by thatigboman1: 9:14pm On Apr 02, 2022
lilzeel:

To you it has no inherent value but have you looked at it this way, that a child who is two can read two to four later words don't you think that at age four or five the child would have gearned more than just two to four later words?

I mean no offense but early education makes this kids develop pretty fast. Can you compare kids of the 90's with kids of today? The difference is early exposure and socialization. Some of us who weren't exposed early to education are still some what not very social because we didn't have the opportunity these kids have. One can still balance between early education and parenting with the right skill, if one can this right your kids will be exceptional with the help of God.
oga, shut the hell up.
So u are telling me that these yahoo yahoo, hackers, cultists, bandits, zero-moral evil indomie generation of now are better than the the 90s children? Abeg shut the hell up.
Re: Why Parents Should Stop Enrolling Their Child To School Too Early. by NaBanga: 9:38pm On Apr 02, 2022
Many children in the US and UK go to "school" at an early age, because their parents work. I do not see their societies failing due to this.
Re: Why Parents Should Stop Enrolling Their Child To School Too Early. by Cousin9999: 10:02pm On Apr 02, 2022
They're generally ready for some kind of school at 3. But this isn't a full day of real school. It's mostly preparation.

It's wild that some people try to start them with real schoolwork at like 2. Like, take it easy. They're only a baby.
Re: Why Parents Should Stop Enrolling Their Child To School Too Early. by NoToPile: 10:25pm On Apr 02, 2022
Gmajor:

In the short run, it's advantageous because school are a perfect place for spreading communicable diseases.
However, research has shown that exposing infants to germs may offer them greater protection from illnesses such as allergies and asthma later on in life.

For more info click the link below
https://www.webmd.com/parenting/features/kids-and-dirt-germs

Yeah but there has to be a balance, (safe) exposure to germs to build some immunity sounds okay, nobody actually wants to ( or can even) groom a child in a completely sterile environment but then age is also a factor, its might be better healthwise for a one year old to attend creche than a 3 month old.

A one year old and a 3month old being exposed to the same environment ( children with different cattarh, cold and every every) might yield different results in both children healthwise.
Re: Why Parents Should Stop Enrolling Their Child To School Too Early. by Fahdiga(m): 10:27pm On Apr 02, 2022
thatigboman1:
nursery and pre nursery are informal arrangements. But a child should enter nursery 1 at 3 yrs, graduate at 5 and enter primary 1 at 6.
Ok dear
Re: Why Parents Should Stop Enrolling Their Child To School Too Early. by Tundex911: 2:37am On Apr 03, 2022
You reason well my brother

abayormie00:
The main reason most students don't like school or anything that has to do with academics, is because, students seem not to have a pleasant experience of it from childhood, as a result of the behaviour of despite parents, who always try to force things into their child's head, even at pre developmental stage, when their brains hasn't yet developed to accommodate such school work.

However, it is crucial for parents to educate themselves on a proper age that is required and appropriate to enroll a child to school.

Finally, some parents should take it easy on children that seem not to respond to school work, because, the fact that a child doesn't seem to understand at infancy, won't make the child worse-off at latter stage of development, because, learning is a long life thing, and every learner should be given the opportunity to learn at their own pace.

By Abayomi.
Re: Why Parents Should Stop Enrolling Their Child To School Too Early. by IamGreen1(f): 4:30am On Apr 03, 2022
thatigboman1:
God bless you.

Amen and you too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti 2012-2013 Admission Session, Lets Get It Going / Madonna University Okija Alumni Calling / OAU First Class Graduate Given N1m, New Job At Alibaba’s New Year Concert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.