Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,976 members, 7,810,710 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:47 PM

Why Do Nepa Always Take The Light When It Wants To Rain - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Nepa Always Take The Light When It Wants To Rain (72568 Views)

WATCH VIDEO: Slayqueen Goes Nakk£d On Live Video To Rain Curses On Boy Who Accus / Slay Mama Turns Sexy NEPA Official, Twerks On Ladder While Disconnecting Light / It Is About To Rain Please Hiow Will I Help Her Remove All This ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nepa Always Take The Light When It Wants To Rain by Marxist001(m): 11:28pm On Apr 01, 2022
Just this night I was having a good time with my girl, and suddenly it started drizzling, then came rain. I was happy my girl was gonna stay back because of the rain. Took her to my room, just about stepping into the kitchen....and what I saw was blank.
Why do they always take the light whenever it wants to rain. It calls for concern pls.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nepa Always Take The Light When It Wants To Rain by badboyTee(m): 11:31pm On Apr 01, 2022
Marxist001:
Just this night I was having a good time with my girl, and suddenly it started drizzling, then came rain. I was happy my girl was gonna stay back because of the rain. Took her to my room, just about stepping into the kitchen....and what I saw was blank.
Why do they always take the light whenever it wants to rain. It calls for concern pls.
Kindly go to NEPA office and ask them this question

10 Likes

Re: Why Do Nepa Always Take The Light When It Wants To Rain by Benki003(m): 11:32pm On Apr 01, 2022
What my brain still wan process na why this topic de romance

13 Likes

Re: Why Do Nepa Always Take The Light When It Wants To Rain by gasparpisciotta: 11:32pm On Apr 01, 2022
Marxist001:

Very simple!!!

The wires distributing power to houses becomes wet whenever it rains and that can be very dangerous to consumers.

So they cut supplies until the rain ends and they sometimes wait for a few days for the wires to be completely dry before restoring power

Hope you get it now

18 Likes

Re: Why Do Nepa Always Take The Light When It Wants To Rain by SNEFF: 11:33pm On Apr 01, 2022
well i think you should also ask, why "Nepa" uses generator to power their offices ..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nepa Always Take The Light When It Wants To Rain by Demigod22: 11:34pm On Apr 01, 2022
The NEPA took the light so that you and your babe can knack in darkness. If you can't do it in darkness, go and get fuel.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nepa Always Take The Light When It Wants To Rain by SNEFF: 11:35pm On Apr 01, 2022
[quote author=Benki003 post=111572633] What my brain still wan process na why this topic de romance [/quote "he was having a good time with his girl "
Re: Why Do Nepa Always Take The Light When It Wants To Rain by SNEFF: 11:36pm On Apr 01, 2022
[quote author=kane10 post=111572647]*AFFORDABLE DATA FOR ALL NETWORK*

➡️For Data subscriptions
➡️VTU airtime recharge
➡️Cable subscriptions

*Always call in here for your cheap data subscriptions for all network.*

*MTN*
500MB = #200
1GB = #300
2GB = #600
3GB = #900
5GB = #1,400
8GB = #2,500
10GB =#3,300
20GB = #6,500

*AIRTEL*
500MB = #300
1GB = #600
2GB = #1000
5GB = #1,400

*9 MOBILE*
500MB = #600
1.5GB = #1,200
2 GB = #1,300
3GB = #1,600
4.5GB = #1900
11GB =#4000

*GLO*
100mb = #100. 1day
1 GB = #600. 14 days
2GB = #1000. 30 days
4.1GB = #1500. 30days
5. 8 GB = #2000
7.7GB = #2500
10GB = #3000
13.25GB = #5,000

*All Data Subscriptions Valid for 1 Month*

It can be swiftly delivered directly to you (phone number) at your comfort zone, anytime, anywhere.

Wema Bank
Anyanwu Kennedy

https:///qr/5WZNGCO2P3BDO1

WhatsApp/call- 08104055081

*Swift, Reliable and Trusted*�alaye must chop
Re: Why Do Nepa Always Take The Light When It Wants To Rain by Stacyomolola(f): 11:36pm On Apr 01, 2022
Benki003:
What my brain still wan process na why this topic de romance
I wonder o undecided
Re: Why Do Nepa Always Take The Light When It Wants To Rain by Padipadi(m): 1:43am On Apr 02, 2022
It's to avoid spoiling your electronics via gba-gbragbagba-gboin-gbi of thunder clap.
Real reason is to forestall electrical hazards during rain. Eg: damaged street light, wires that cut etc. Nigeria has poor wire running system to home

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Nepa Always Take The Light When It Wants To Rain by stacyadams: 2:47am On Apr 02, 2022
gasparpisciotta:

Very simple!!!

The wires distributing power to houses becomes wet whenever it rains and that can be very dangerous to consumers.

So they cut supplies until the rain ends and they sometimes wait for a few days for the wires to be completely dry before restoring power

Hope you get it now
...ok how do they off the light generally,,is it thatat one drunk official will just go and off it in their office and leave their consumers in darkness..are they always happy when we are in darkness angry grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nepa Always Take The Light When It Wants To Rain by Vinnie2000(m): 5:37am On Apr 02, 2022
Op, hope no be 'My boyfriend must have a Gen' kind of Girl u dey friend?
Re: Why Do Nepa Always Take The Light When It Wants To Rain by gentlestdude(m): 5:49am On Apr 02, 2022
depends on where u live, here in magodo we have 24 hours light everyday come rain come fire
Re: Why Do Nepa Always Take The Light When It Wants To Rain by teejay29(m): 7:41am On Apr 02, 2022
gasparpisciotta:

Very simple!!!

Hope you get it now
Sorry does it also happen like that in advance country like the USA or how do they go about it when it rains over there .

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nepa Always Take The Light When It Wants To Rain by Truvelisback(m): 7:58am On Apr 02, 2022
Marxist001:
To prevent explosion of Transformer or faultiness of power as a result of the thunderstorm, lightning and whirlwind accompanied by the rain. If there is power during heavy rain, power may likely go faulty.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nepa Always Take The Light When It Wants To Rain by Darkseid(m): 8:22am On Apr 02, 2022
I may be wrong but I think it's more about the wind that comes with the rain than the rain itself. Most power lines have saggy cables and wind can easily bridge them together; this can result to sparks and voltage spikes that can damage the transformer or household items.
But as far as BEDC is concerned, once small rain fall, light don go for one week be that.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nepa Always Take The Light When It Wants To Rain by Darkseid(m): 8:23am On Apr 02, 2022
Truvelisback:
To prevent explosion of Transformer or faultiness of power as a result of the thunderstorm, lightning and wirlwind accompanied by the rain. If the is power during heavy rain, power may likely go faulty.
Lightning can still damage your appliances regardless of whether there was power supply initially.
Re: Why Do Nepa Always Take The Light When It Wants To Rain by tayo60(f): 8:29am On Apr 02, 2022
Everyone knows that when it rains, no power supply in the next one week. So, we are used to it.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nepa Always Take The Light When It Wants To Rain by Truvelisback(m): 8:30am On Apr 02, 2022
Darkseid:
Lightning can still damage your appliances regardless of whether there was power supply initially.
It won't as long as the is no power or ur appliances aren't switch on or if u earth ur them except the lightning hit ur house directly.
Re: Why Do Nepa Always Take The Light When It Wants To Rain by BigDawsNet: 9:05am On Apr 02, 2022
teejay29:
Sorry does it also happen like that in advance country like the USA or how do they go about it when it rains over there .

The US have strong cables, wire and mini transformers... some times when it rains with heavy wind...it destriy some section living them with no light..

But few min, you see engineer fixing it immediately
Re: Why Do Nepa Always Take The Light When It Wants To Rain by marceeesty(m): 9:36am On Apr 02, 2022
Well this sounds funny but not true. When it starts raining, normally it comes with wind be it mild or furious, the distribution lines have sagged cables that most times touch together, thus causes short circuit which is seen as overload by the protective devices like breakers and overload relays at the substation hence the protective device simply trips leaving you in black-out.

gasparpisciotta:

Very simple!!!

Hope you get it now
Re: Why Do Nepa Always Take The Light When It Wants To Rain by gonkin(m): 10:07am On Apr 02, 2022
Here are several reasons I assumed
1, cuz they are avoiding fault that can cause explosion due to short-circuit by water. Also they don't want to stress themselves searching or fixing damages caused by rain

2. The circuit breaker controlling the feeder are outdated and trips off at any slight variation. Resistance becomes lower due to wet surfaces and the obsolete circuit breaker sees it as a fault then disconnects

3. Sagging lines touching each other due to wind.

I worked there before, even I noticed how the breaker trips off when it rains or gets windy. Sometimes station-1 permits us to power on and see if it trips off again, other times they wait ask operators to wait till the rain stops before trying to close the breaker. All to prevent damage to equipment.

This mostly happens to 11kv lines(distribution lines) . As for 33kv or line 33 and above. Chances are lower cuz the circuit breaker has a higher rating. Lines are more spaced and contains more or larger insulators.

I actually see the main issue as using a low rated circuit breaker for a higher load. Too many transformers on 1 feed. Also large loads. In some areas, it will rain and nothing will happen. Unless the lines were not well constructed. Like most villages light no dey off. Same with line 33 users. The insulators are largers and the lines are more spaced. Also the load is far lesser than the rating of the break. Unlike 11kv that usually gets a much lesser capacity breaker

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nepa Always Take The Light When It Wants To Rain by RuMiRgO1stSon: 11:36am On Apr 02, 2022
Very informative
Thanks
gonkin:
Here are several reasons I assumed
1, cuz they are avoiding fault that can cause explosion due to short-circuit by water. Also they don't want to stress themselves searching or fixing damages caused by rain

2. The circuit breaker controlling the feeder are outdated and trips off at any slight variation. Resistance becomes lower due to wet surfaces and the obsolete circuit breaker sees it as a fault then disconnects

3. Sagging lines touching each other due to wind.

I worked there before, even I noticed how the breaker trips off when it rains or gets windy. Sometimes station-1 permits us to power on and see if it trips off again, other times they wait ask operators to wait till the rain stops before trying to close the breaker. All to prevent damage to equipment.

This mostly happens to 11kv lines(distribution lines) . As for 33kv or line 33 and above. Chances are lower cuz the circuit breaker has a higher rating. Lines are more spaced and contains more or larger insulators.

I actually see the main issue as using a low rated circuit breaker for a higher load. Too many transformers on 1 feed. Also large loads. In some areas, it will rain and nothing will happen. Unless the lines were not well constructed. Like most villages light no dey off. Same with line 33 users. The insulators are largers and the lines are more spaced. Also the load is far lesser than the rating of the break. Unlike 11kv that usually gets a much lesser capacity breaker
Re: Why Do Nepa Always Take The Light When It Wants To Rain by Officialzito: 11:55am On Apr 02, 2022
Marxist001:
Is a very normal somtin cheesy grin
Re: Why Do Nepa Always Take The Light When It Wants To Rain by Officialzito: 12:01pm On Apr 02, 2022
We use 11kv, no wonder they always take our at slighest wind or rain sad
Re: Why Do Nepa Always Take The Light When It Wants To Rain by Jennyclay(f): 12:03pm On Apr 02, 2022
It's because we're in a Zoo

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nepa Always Take The Light When It Wants To Rain by Officialzito: 12:06pm On Apr 02, 2022
gasparpisciotta:

Very simple!!!

Hope you get it now
But sometimes we have light during heavy rain (11kv) grin
Re: Why Do Nepa Always Take The Light When It Wants To Rain by Ultraviolet5: 12:38pm On Apr 02, 2022
I don't know I just want you all to look at my signature and dm if interested�
Re: Why Do Nepa Always Take The Light When It Wants To Rain by Domzie19(m): 1:29am On Apr 03, 2022
coolIt's their style
Re: Why Do Nepa Always Take The Light When It Wants To Rain by Judd007: 4:20am On Apr 03, 2022
Maybe your girl papa de work for Nepa, and you wan use Nepa light take nack her,small rainfall your preeq don stand, bad chide.
Marxist001:
Re: Why Do Nepa Always Take The Light When It Wants To Rain by Powersurge: 2:56pm On Apr 03, 2022
Our transmission network old pass Lord Luggard. Plus we are in a country where nothing works.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lies Women Tell To Themselves. / Firstbank Rewards #5kbae For Being An Empowered Woman, Welcomes Her To #firstgem / Man Bought ₦125M Duplex In Lekki For His 19-Year-Old Side Chick

Viewing this topic: 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 3
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.