Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,557 members, 7,837,149 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? (41339 Views)

Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? / How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? / I Want To Expose My Wife And Her Colleague In A Bank, They Are Having Affair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by Krexpah(m): 10:34am On Apr 15, 2022
I no fit laugh abeg
Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by seanwilliam(m): 10:35am On Apr 15, 2022
I see you’re trying to play safe. Unfortunately women are not meant to be trusted . That’s the bitter fact. Weather you rent house outside for your cousin or he stays under same roof with her, believe me if dem go kpansh, dem go kpansh..

But then you should play your own part, rent apartment for him and hope for the best .. take your mind off it..
Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by iramure(m): 10:35am On Apr 15, 2022
Hmmm
No try am ooooo
This is temptation
It can lead into confusion.
I tell u ooo
Even if you rent an apartment far away for him, that still guarantee something can't happen let alone under same roof.
Bros, be wise oooo.
Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by oodua1stson: 10:35am On Apr 15, 2022
cj1900:
Hi guys,
I won't take much of your time. I have a very delicate matter in my hands and I need diverse opinions please.

Background
I don't live in Nigeria but me and my wife both have a very comfortable 4 bedroom duplex in Nigeria. We have a one year old baby. I have been in Nigeria for 5 months now and I will be returning to UK in a few weeks.

Ever since I've been in Nigeria, my cousin (mid 30s) has been with us. Quite frankly, it is not very easy for him at the moment and i do care about him as a brother. He is in the process of processing his visa, so its not as if he is loafing about.

The plan is that both me and my wife will be taking turns in visiting each other for the next 2 or so years until I return fully to Nigeria.

The problem
The problem is that I do not feel comfortable leaving just him and my wife under thesame roof whilst I return and he is not showing any signs of leaving when I return to my base.

So, this is my situation and I don't know if I am being insensitive.

I married a very good wife and under most circumstances, I trust her. I am just not comfortable leaving my wife with any man atall under thesame roof.

I need your opinions pls.
don't leave your wife with anybody oooo.

My former landlord who left his wife in Nigeria na every night man de come sleep with her for the house

2 Likes

Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by iramure(m): 10:36am On Apr 15, 2022
We4all:
Na wao! This means you don’t trust your wife at all. In other words, since you harbor such thoughts, you can’t be trusted with your wife’s female cousins.
trust wetin?
Na wah for u oooo
Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by JimmySwaggart(m): 10:37am On Apr 15, 2022
Just bring in a smart and younger female domestic staff. This staff will be the one to update you on WhatsApp, of everything going on behind the curtain in your home while you are away.

If your woman rejects the proposal, just know that's a red flag, and she definitely has something up her sleeves she's up to. Plz never trust any NIGERIAN lady, not even your own mother. You should be able to vouch for only your self not any other person born of a woman...but you know what, you don't need to worry your self.its not worth it.. Dem no born your cousin well to make dat first move to woo her, if he tries it den she will report him to you. Bt infidelity will only arise if it's your own wife that decides to mess up your matrimonial home by given him the needed green light he needs to come have her all to him self...so if you trust her, leave her to God, if you don't, den get a domestic staff..my 2 cent.

3 Likes

Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by Detailfix: 10:37am On Apr 15, 2022
OreoPaschal:

Well, there is no remedy to cheating. Sending your cousin out of the house, still won't restrict your wife from cheating assuming she is a cheat. Sending him away is a breach of trust and insecurity from you end. You have mentioned that you trust her to an extent, give her that benefit of doubt. It is certain your cousin isn't comfortable staying under your roof. No man in such age, will be happy either. Discuss with your wife your fears, and get assurance of her love and loyalty.

Alternatively, get an additional domestic staff or her relative to stay around as well. Every house needs a man to protect it. And whilst, you are away - your cousin will definitely protect your wife.
This seems the best advice , as we are only thinking of the negative side, he can protect the family on ur behalf so just get another of ur wife’s relative, and you will be more comfortable while away

1 Like

Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by Eagba(m): 10:38am On Apr 15, 2022
OreoPaschal:

Well, there is no remedy to cheating. Sending your cousin out of the house, still won't restrict your wife from cheating assuming she is a cheat. Sending him away is a breach of trust and insecurity from you end. You have mentioned that you trust her to an extent, give her that benefit of doubt. It is certain your cousin isn't comfortable staying under your roof. No man in such age, will be happy either. Discuss with your wife your fears, and get assurance of her love and loyalty.

Alternatively, get an additional domestic staff or her relative to stay around as well. Every house needs a man to protect it. And whilst, you are away - your cousin will definitely protect your wife.
I wouldn't even like my Friend to leave me at home with wife, even tho I know myself.

I hate complicating things. the cousin is a fool if he wants to be left alone with the wife. moreso with fact that he's waiting for Japa without having anything doing. when a serious person wants to Japa, they allow the said country to come for them, they allow the said country to woe them.
while others just stroll into the said country. if you're loitering and expecting to Japa, you've gotten not my respect.

1 Like

Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by DeRay98(m): 10:38am On Apr 15, 2022
cj1900:
Hi guys,
I won't take much of your time. I have a very delicate matter in my hands and I need diverse opinions please.

Background
I don't live in Nigeria but me and my wife both have a very comfortable 4 bedroom duplex in Nigeria. We have a one year old baby. I have been in Nigeria for 5 months now and I will be returning to UK in a few weeks.

Ever since I've been in Nigeria, my cousin (mid 30s) has been with us. Quite frankly, it is not very easy for him at the moment and i do care about him as a brother. He is in the process of processing his visa, so its not as if he is loafing about.

The plan is that both me and my wife will be taking turns in visiting each other for the next 2 or so years until I return fully to Nigeria.

The problem
The problem is that I do not feel comfortable leaving just him and my wife under thesame roof whilst I return and he is not showing any signs of leaving when I return to my base.

I married a very good wife and under most circumstances, I trust her. I am just not comfortable leaving my wife with any man atall under thesame roof.

Bros, back in the days when there was sanity and respect in our society and families, such was no issue but today?
Don't try it.
Don't be sentimental with it.
You can assist him find somewhere else to stay while your wife stay alone.
2 of them under one roof for weeks and months in your absence?
Bros, life and people of today no be like in the 1980s again ooo.

1 Like

Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by Mypeople2(m): 10:39am On Apr 15, 2022
cj1900:
Hi guys,

Background

The problem

Lol.Don't flatter yourself .Not everyone sleep with people's wives .Your cousin may not be interested in women so forget that trash and do your thing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by objobj: 10:39am On Apr 15, 2022
akinsmyk:

This actually happened to me. In this case, I was the cousin. We’re family members. My brothers mum is the elder sis to my own mum so I was living with them right from secondary school days while we were both teenagers. He’s 3years older than I am.

So when my cousin elder bro graduated from uni and get a good job, he moved out from the family house to get an accommodation on the Island coz that’s where he works. When I finished school, I joined him too coz we have been living in the same room as the only males as a teenager.

Before my bro got married, his fiancé used to come to the house and we gist like friends, we all do hang out together to catch fun and go places together. At times I drive our wife to be to the market or shopping malls in my bro’s car if he doesn’t feel like going.

When they were going to be married, I made move to leave but they said that I can stay. It was a 2bedroom apartment tho and we later moved to 3bed.

2years later, my cousin was transferred to Europe to work living behind the wife and me while working her visa too.

I and the wife stayed 6months together in the apartment before her visa was ready without anyone giving thoughts about rubbish or whatever. My own gf do comes to the house too which they know.

So it’s all about knowing who you married and the kind of brother/cousin you have. If you can vouch for them, so why not. Not everyone is immoral and useless. Some things are just so wrong without being told.

Nice one but you and your cousin are like sibling. Growing up together makes u hv very close feelings. But not one cousin coming out one day.
Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by kokomilala(m): 10:39am On Apr 15, 2022
Without preempting anything,I think you're playing with a cobra's tail,literarily. In the same abode? What happens when hormones rage? Hmm!
Nic Cage said in one of his movies that the devil exploits our power of consent. Once you give the devil your consent,he exploits it. What you're doing unwittingly is you're giving the devil the licence to strike. Tell your cousin to stay somewhere else.
Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by greypencils: 10:41am On Apr 15, 2022
cj1900:
Hi guys,

Background

The problem

Get him out of your house. If you have means get him a one bedroom. Avoid stories that touch.
Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by Miracle2022: 10:41am On Apr 15, 2022
cj1900:
Hi guys,

Background

The problem

don't try it.
Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by Ikea81: 10:41am On Apr 15, 2022
cj1900:
Hi guys,

Background

The problem

It's either him or the neighbours. Choose one

1 Like

Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by Olam09(m): 10:42am On Apr 15, 2022
cj1900:
Hi guys,

Background

The problem

Get your said brother another apartment far away from yours bro.
Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by objobj: 10:42am On Apr 15, 2022
Oga go bring your sister or immediate brother to stay with your wife simple.
If you rent a house for him. They can still see.
Rent a house for him and also bring your own brother or sister to stay with your wife. Simple

1 Like

Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by Egypt209: 10:42am On Apr 15, 2022
It's easy Bros
Ask your wife who is she comfortable staying with between your mom and hers.
Make the arrangements to get her there and instruct huncle to check on them once in a while.
Finish!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by fmonigent(m): 10:45am On Apr 15, 2022
obiekunie01:
To leave your wife with even your adult brother in a house for just a weeks is one of the most stupid thing any man can do talk more of leaving your cousin with your wife for an unknown period of time.

listen oga. tell your cousin you will soon be traveling back therefore he has to make alternative arrangement for his accommodation before your due date of your trip! period!

Must you even tell him before he knows he has to make an alternative arrangement? what kind of a moronic cousin is that?

tell him you will assist him with 100k for his alternative accommodation.

A MAN THAT IS NOT BOLD ENOUGH TO PROTECT HIS FAMILY DOESN'T DESERVE TO BE CALLED A MAN.

DON'T BE A SISI!

Your type dey always wicked. No feelings. Upon that I know say you no ma get shi shi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by diplomat058(m): 10:45am On Apr 15, 2022
You think everyone is normal like you? In a World where even some hornny Fathers make do with their daughters, it's better to institute risk assessment safeguards, rather than entertain stories thereafter.

Besides, your case is not exactly similar. You have been with them for too long and you have been socialized as a family. Except you had always had mischievous intention, 6 months is too short for a sudden change of approach. Two, your Girlfriend coming into play also redefines the whole equation as it has become a "Every boo get a boo" case. Breaking the boundaries wouldn't be easily consensual.

akinsmyk:

This actually happened to me. In this case, I was the cousin. We’re family members. My brothers mum is the elder sis to my own mum so I was living with them right from secondary school days while we were both teenagers. He’s 3years older than I am.

So when my cousin elder bro graduated from uni and get a good job, he moved out from the family house to get an accommodation on the Island coz that’s where he works. When I finished school, I joined him too coz we have been living in the same room as the only males as a teenager.

Before my bro got married, his fiancé used to come to the house and we gist like friends, we all do hang out together to catch fun and go places together. At times I drive our wife to be to the market or shopping malls in my bro’s car if he doesn’t feel like going.

When they were going to be married, I made move to leave but they said that I can stay. It was a 2bedroom apartment tho and we later moved to 3bed.

2years later, my cousin was transferred to Europe to work living behind the wife and me while working her visa too.

I and the wife stayed 6months together in the apartment before her visa was ready without anyone giving thoughts about rubbish or whatever. My own gf do comes to the house too which they know.

So it’s all about knowing who you married and the kind of brother/cousin you have. If you can vouch for them, so why not. Not everyone is immoral and useless. Some things are just so wrong without being told.

4 Likes

Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by girlygirlyMain: 10:45am On Apr 15, 2022
For you to come out here and ask us, YOU ALREADY know the answer...

IF YOU LIKE GIVE YOU COUSIN "FREE MEAT"
May the spirit of wisdom locate you & may you receive sense in Jesus name. Amen!!!

cj1900:
Hi guys,

Background

The problem

1 Like

Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by Datikwerreboi(m): 10:46am On Apr 15, 2022
frozen70:

[s]Your wife is the issue here not your cousin

If your wife is decent and you trust her with your last breath, you don't need to panic

If she wants to sleep with another man, she will do so even while you are leaving in Nigeria

So even if you get a room self contain for your cousin to pack out, they will meet when they want to meet

So, just talk to your wife by advising her and that's all

Who go cheat go cheat [/s]
Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by Truvelisback(m): 10:49am On Apr 15, 2022
cj1900:
Hi guys,

Background

The problem

U don't trust ur wife, if u do, u won't think this way. Note: Whether ur cousin lives with her or not, if she wan fvck outside, she go fvck.

1 Like

Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by yeks: 10:49am On Apr 15, 2022
I think you should discuss with your wife. Ask her if its ok for your cousin to stay in the house. If she says she is not comfortable with him staying, then you can assist your cousin to get a place. Remember that if a lady is interested in cheating, she will always have a way of going about it. If she is interested in your cousin even if you rent an apartment for him, he can still come around and do whatever he likes with her. Looking at it from another perspective, if you trust your cousin, it is even better for him to stay in the house to protect her. Some women cheat out of boredom and loneliness.. So i think you should weigh both option from trust level.
Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by Nobody: 10:49am On Apr 15, 2022
Even today we are afraid to leave females together not to talk of male and female, is simply NO but if u trust ur male cousin then y not otherwise NO
Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by addexx: 10:52am On Apr 15, 2022
cj1900:
Hi guys,

Background

The problem

Get an apartment for him. Ensure He has settled in before you leave. When you leave always call your wife for long hours and ensure she doesn't start feeling lonely. Check on your cousin regularly too and get updated on his Visa processing and other movements.
Finally relax and do not overthink.
Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by We4all: 10:52am On Apr 15, 2022
iramure:
trust wetin?
Na wah for u oooo

Then why did he marry her if she cannot be trusted?
Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by Gentledizzle: 10:53am On Apr 15, 2022
Nairaland wicked. See as them plant bad thought for this op. No matter what anybody say, you already have that thought and. Nothing will change that.

1 Like

Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by GistFullGround: 10:53am On Apr 15, 2022
You may regret this decision later.
This world is not as good as it was again before, people betray trust...

SHINE YOUR EYES!
Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by fashrola(m): 10:54am On Apr 15, 2022
OreoPaschal:

Dear OP.... Kindly take this advice
Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by Onyeziokwu(m): 10:54am On Apr 15, 2022
cj1900:
Hi guys,

Background

The problem

Hello mate,

Tbh, is something to do with your wife's lifestyle and likewise your cousin too! And then again, you've got free your mind on women cheating to avoid dying before your time bud.

However concerning your post above prior to my own experience, two things are bound to happen: either they turn best friends for life , genuinely or worse enemies for life.

I lived with my uncle's wife in Lagos for about a year plus under same roof whilst my uncle lives in Canada and a similar case like your cousin because I was actually looking forward to my visa then, too!

As a fresh graduate then without a job after my NYSC whilst she's with one of the banks there in Lagos. Omo you need to see hatred, started treating me like a poo as if I won't amount to anything in life, always complaining unnecessarily to my uncle just to build up hatred from him towards me too because I was looking forward to him in sorting my travel expenses. She completely changed as if I was dragging her husband's wealth with her but I am glad my uncle having spent 30yrs+ abroad, didn't give in. But I'm glad today, the abroad waka worked out and favoured me too! We're worse enemies for life. I don't give a Bleep about her and she knows that. I earn her monthly salary just on a 12hrs shift down here.

Moral lesson:

Naija women/ladies including my sisters, are terrible when it comes to their husbands immediate or distant families.

For peace and probably, averting a lifetime enmity between both parties, get your cousin a single room as suggested, if you can afford one please.

Cheers bud!

3 Likes

Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by diplomat058(m): 10:55am On Apr 15, 2022
There is absolutely no need to lie. He should tell the Cousin, "Brother, I am sorry, but you will need to get another place due to some considerations. I am willing to help in the best way I can" period! When He later finds out the reason, He will understand too, being a man.
showafrica:

Your instinct is right, tell your cousin that you will be traveling to Lagos or Abuja with your wife before leaving, so he has to go. Find him money to rent apartment somewhere. Your wife should be the one reminding you about leaving the cousin behind in the house unless you guys are like intimate brothers now. However, women are insensitive to this kind of trap

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Romantic Chat Between Pastor Ab Isong & Wife , Emem / I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over / Fifteen Stupid Things A Wife Can Do To Mess Up Her Marriage!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.