Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,472 members, 7,830,374 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Why Is No One Talking About Sowore And Other Young Presidential Aspirants? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is No One Talking About Sowore And Other Young Presidential Aspirants? (16374 Views)

Reactions As Dele Momodu Talks About Sowore Arriving Court In Handcuffs / How Moghalu, Sowore And Durotoye Performed At 2019 Presidential Election / 5 Things Nigerians Need To Know About Sowore Before The Presidential Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Sowore And Other Young Presidential Aspirants? by sonso: 12:53pm On Apr 18, 2022
How will they win the presidency without their members in the two houses.
subsidywise18:

Very true, and I blame Nigerians, we all complain about how bad PDP and APC are, yet come election time, and people go and vote for...PDP and APC because they are 'the only parties' (Like a falied businessman returning to the methods that caused his failure instead of trying something new).

On the other hand, if Sowore wins, or Moghalu wins, they won't be able to get much done, am afraid, because they would very likely face a hostile national assembly made up of PDP and APC members who would block, furstrate, and block them.
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Sowore And Other Young Presidential Aspirants? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Apr 18, 2022
sonso:
How will they win the presidency without their members in the two houses.

Exactly.
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Sowore And Other Young Presidential Aspirants? by God1000(m): 12:55pm On Apr 18, 2022
deltaprincess:

Sowore should run for Local Government Position. That way his 30,000 votes can be very useful.
lol, I hope you will be my VP if I decide to run cheesy
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Sowore And Other Young Presidential Aspirants? by deltaprincess(f): 12:57pm On Apr 18, 2022
God1000:
lol, I hope you will be my VP if I decide to run cheesy

Sorry dear. I have no affinity in politics
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Sowore And Other Young Presidential Aspirants? by Slynation(m): 12:57pm On Apr 18, 2022
God1000:
It appears we've not learnt anything from past mistakes that put us where we are presently.

Even the media isn't fair to all the aspirants, we keep hearing about certain people Everyday while ignoring other technocrats that have the expertise and requisite skills for the job.

We are all contributing to our problems and history will continue repeating itself in Nigeria.

There is a reason why this country will never work... Nothing will workout in this country because the East, West, North and South are not in good terms, sabotages and cabals will rise from nowhere to make your regime ungovernable, The country is just too multilingual for one central government to handle...Even when you mean well for the citizens, the citizens don't even mean well for themselve, it seems like everyone is virtually looking for a means to collect money from your pocket...The country don tire me!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Sowore And Other Young Presidential Aspirants? by samwash(m): 12:57pm On Apr 18, 2022
At this point in time,Sowore is "inconsequential"
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Sowore And Other Young Presidential Aspirants? by tohbank(m): 12:58pm On Apr 18, 2022
Sowore is now a youth because him Dey wear jeans
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Sowore And Other Young Presidential Aspirants? by God1000(m): 1:02pm On Apr 18, 2022
deltaprincess:

Sorry dear. I have no affinity in politics
oh that's not really good dear, you need to develop it oo because we must rescue this country from total collapse
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Sowore And Other Young Presidential Aspirants? by autonomous22: 1:02pm On Apr 18, 2022
simpleseyi:
The clownish candidates?

Someone who has not headed his secondary school old students association wants to head a country of 200 mad men and women. He will run madder

How about ur bubu . Is he in any way better than sowore?
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Sowore And Other Young Presidential Aspirants? by Nauttyprof(m): 1:08pm On Apr 18, 2022
simpleseyi:
The clownish candidates?

Someone who has not headed his secondary school old students association wants to head a country of 200 mad men and women. He will run madder

Those who have done this, what tangible thing have they done for the country than loot the treasury?

We are the problem of this country. When we believe the same thieves should continue to steal all that Nigeria has left.
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Sowore And Other Young Presidential Aspirants? by Usenak: 1:09pm On Apr 18, 2022
Sowore should change the system from ground to up! You can’t just jump from no where to presidency. Start with house of reps or even senate. Let him ask President George Weah how to unleash reform .
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Sowore And Other Young Presidential Aspirants? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Apr 18, 2022
Sowore supports terrorists, since then I hated him. He is not objective... supporting the burning and looting being prepetrated by IPOB shows he is not smart and does not love Nigeria.
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Sowore And Other Young Presidential Aspirants? by Dmacqh(m): 1:10pm On Apr 18, 2022
Who is Sowore ? Who have he served ? Who have he carried his bags ?
What’ve he achieved in Nigeria politics ?
Can he win his ward in any election ?
It’s not about claiming activist , how have your activism imparted Nigerians ?
What development have he attracted or done ( humane , capital , structural , education) etc to his immediate community or LGA ?
As I am in my early 20’s though I had zero ambition in politics, I had some success with the ones I handled . In future , if there’s any chance for me to go further , those my early beginnings will be a good benchmark .
Yes , I’m undergraduate, but I’ve already headed the Youth wing parish ( Catholic ) in my church. I’ve headed the Village Community youth for 1 year before I dropped it after my year 2 in school . My whole community will call me once there’s any sports tourney , yes I’m the captain of both my village and community. Same goes to my maternal side . I was a mass server for more than 12 years , I even won the best mass server , Owerri Archdiocese at SS P&J Egbu . I’ve multiple MDG awards from quiz and debates while in secondary school . I had sponsored more than 10 kids in primary school via , school bags , pens , books and uniforms in my village .
Currently I’m the leader of my class set , sec school old boys association . They trust me for leadership. And in my little capacities I’ve delivered . If I come for any election in my community I’ll win . Currently I’m working towards LGA levels . I was awarded Ezinwa in Parish by CWO . Here in Owerri I’m the leader of more than 200 young men . They consult me on some matters . That’s capacity . If everything works out and my boss successfully win HA seat, I’m officially one his PAs . I’ve gone to HK and became HOD before I left .
Leadership is groomed . Check , David , Saul, Samuel , Solomon , Moses etc .
Let him start from somewhere.
Rochas vied unsuccessfully for presidency and later came down to State level . He won , and after that he is into Zonal level as a Senator.
Of all the ills Rochas did , his footmark will be indelible in the life of millions through his Rochas foundation. That’s life .
Let him start from somewhere .
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Sowore And Other Young Presidential Aspirants? by Cantonese: 1:12pm On Apr 18, 2022
God1000:
they have the burning desire to liberate this country, they don't just have the wherewithal and support from nigerians

“ they have the burning desire to liberate this country, they don't just have the wherewithal and support from nigerians”.

Please “liberate” Nigeria from what? The same party and leader he used the same social media that you now talk about to instal? What does he intend to liberate Nigeria from, please?
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Sowore And Other Young Presidential Aspirants? by Deltatoto: 1:14pm On Apr 18, 2022
God1000:
It appears we've not learnt anything from past mistakes that put us where we are presently.

Even the media isn't fair to all the aspirants, we keep hearing about certain people Everyday while ignoring other technocrats that have the expertise and requisite skills for the job.

We are all contributing to our problems and history will continue repeating itself in Nigeria.

them sef are not talking about them selfs
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Sowore And Other Young Presidential Aspirants? by JoshTim: 1:15pm On Apr 18, 2022
kokoboy4life:

All the ones that have headed some political positions, what have they achieved for the country ?

Okay o, I wish them well. Make una go pack stones make e vote for una.
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Sowore And Other Young Presidential Aspirants? by bluefilm: 1:16pm On Apr 18, 2022
God1000:

That's because Mr. Peter Obi is now all the scene as his own man.

And not a stooge to the Atikulooting machine anymore!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Mr. Peter Obi.

He is going to be our NEXT President.
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Sowore And Other Young Presidential Aspirants? by MemoriesAndMe: 1:18pm On Apr 18, 2022
Many of them just want to be recognized as "Former Presidential Aspirant". They already know they can't win even in their wards.
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Sowore And Other Young Presidential Aspirants? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Apr 18, 2022
Basic problem with Sowore is that the man does not reach out, and campaign well, and his party is just a small party.

Someone mentioned Imran Khan as a good example of a politican who outsted the 'two main parties' Well, Khan's party has been around since 1996, the man did not start to run for prime minister, but focused on winning seats in parliament for a long time, and on making alliances. Eventually he got enough seats to win office, but it took over 2 decades of hard work.

Sowore has no prescence at the grassroots, and is not even doing the needed work . Meanwhile all the main contenders are already jumping around, and metting x, y and z.

I hate the fact that it's always been the corrupt old politicans that have a chance of winning, and am sad that Sowore has no chance. I wish he did. But the thing is, all those corrupt old politicians are not as lazy as Sowore is.
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Sowore And Other Young Presidential Aspirants? by americanigga(m): 1:26pm On Apr 18, 2022
God1000:
He's not getting adequate attention and media coverage like tinubu and others

If he needs media coverage like Tinubu and the other bigwigs, he should pay for it

1 Like

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Sowore And Other Young Presidential Aspirants? by deltaprincess(f): 1:31pm On Apr 18, 2022
God1000:
oh that's not really good dear, you need to develop it oo because we must rescue this country from total collapse

I believe you have your PVC?

For now that is what you need to safeguard your Country by voting a credible candidate.

Rather than taking a foolhardy step by engaging with no iota of sagacity, warchest, experience or network.

You will end up worse than Sowore. Maybe 6 votes, being modest.
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Sowore And Other Young Presidential Aspirants? by blackboy(m): 1:33pm On Apr 18, 2022
Only those deceiving themselves would think the race is not between PDP and APC. Even if the other parties present saints and APC and PDP presents cow and goat nigerians - majority will vote for APC or PDP. Late Gani only got how many votes? 3? Known crooks and corrupt persons are coming out under PDP and APC to contest instead of them to hide their faces in shame but no, no be Nigeria we dey? The more i stole the more chance i will remain in power. Until Nigerians and the system rejects failed leaders and corrupt leaders
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Sowore And Other Young Presidential Aspirants? by God1000(m): 1:35pm On Apr 18, 2022
deltaprincess:

I believe you have your PVC?

For now that is what you need to safeguard your Country by voting a credible candidate.

Rather than taking a foolhardy step by engaging with no iota, warchest, experience or network.

You will end up worse than Sowore. Maybe 6 votes, being modest.

cheesy cheesy

Lol, I hope you are not a prophet of doom dear, but on a serious note: I have my PVC, I've been voting since 2007.

Do you have?

1 Like

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Sowore And Other Young Presidential Aspirants? by Birminghamvirgo(m): 1:36pm On Apr 18, 2022
Coz Sowore himself knows he's not the serious type
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Sowore And Other Young Presidential Aspirants? by dogooder: 1:50pm On Apr 18, 2022
This is not about Sowore alone, but about given those who are fresh blood opportunity to serve the country too. Some of those who we are campaigning for have been stealing from this country since early 1990's, they have not moved the country forward but backward. Why can't we try new hands. Like i said in another post, Nigerians will be saying they cannot waste their votes by voting for any less popular candidate, but all the ones we have been voting for PDP and APC since 1999, what have we gained from it? Still wasted with punishment inflicted on us through their bad governance and corruption. We can't make progress in Nigeria until we change that mentality. We can't continue doing the same thing in the same way with the same result and expect a miracle to change the result for us. This is the right time to use the power of vote to chase all those old bad politicians out of power and relevancy but we are failing to utilise our chance.

1 Like

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Sowore And Other Young Presidential Aspirants? by Segs24: 1:50pm On Apr 18, 2022
God1000:

Is sowore talking about himself? Instead he talks about other oppositions,buhari,tinubu etc.he is not a serious candidate.
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Sowore And Other Young Presidential Aspirants? by LOVEGINO(m): 1:52pm On Apr 18, 2022
God1000:

wetin b ur own contribution?
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Sowore And Other Young Presidential Aspirants? by GeneralDae: 1:59pm On Apr 18, 2022
Sowore would be better as a senior advocate or leader of the house of assembly.
Infact he could easily take the role salami presently occupies. That's where I see him performing well, not as president.
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Sowore And Other Young Presidential Aspirants? by Allisgud: 1:59pm On Apr 18, 2022
helinues:
Because Sowore won't be different from the past and present presidents.

Infact, he could go on revenge mission on his perceived enemies.

so who are his perceived enemies,apc of the day,isn't dat good to chase them from away from every corner of Nigeria who has caused us this menace we have found our self
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Sowore And Other Young Presidential Aspirants? by deltaprincess(f): 1:59pm On Apr 18, 2022
God1000:
cheesy cheesy

Lol, I hope you are not a prophet of doom dear, but on a serious note: I have my PVC, I've been voting since 2007.

Do you have?

I am a very factual person. Yes, I do have my PVC
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Sowore And Other Young Presidential Aspirants? by WoundedLamb: 2:01pm On Apr 18, 2022
I actually thought about this. Before now, I saw many posts on here clamoring for these old recycled leaders to make way. Then suddenly, it's all about Tinubu, Amecchi, and Co. I'm not surprised these men are contesting. They have the right to contest. Politics is like a career in a multinational organization. Most times, you don't just jump from being an intern to being a CEO. Likewise, it's difficult for a young person with no history in politics to become the president of Nigeria. But unlike in multinational organizations, the fate of the politician is largely determined by the people. The people have the power to make such a jump possible. So if Nigerians don't want these men, only Nigerians can get rid of them. They're bench warmers today cause you made them bench warmers. You can "unbench" them if you wish.

That said, were would these young saviors come from though? That same Nigeria? Are these young people any different from the ones on Nairaland? What sign have you seen to get the impression they'd be any better? Old or young, the mindset of an average Nigerian is already messed up. What the country needs now is a leader that will put systems in place to close the loopholes in governance. There are corrupt leaders everywhere. They just don't have the enabling environment. The systems out here have operation procedures, checks-and-balances, and strict policies that govern the nation thus limiting the power of individuals.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Sowore And Other Young Presidential Aspirants? by Allisgud: 2:02pm On Apr 18, 2022
simpleseyi:
The clownish candidates?

and what the meaning of that mindset,has buhari not taken many govt position before now,so how is he different

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

It's Conjecture To Claim That Tinubu Won The Election- Barr Kenneth Okonkwo(vid) / Honour EFCC Invitation While You Have The Chance - Natasha Tells Yahaya Bello / Nigerian Army Rescues 30 Persons From Boko Haram’s Captivity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.