Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,473 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

Family Meeting Cos Of Wife Advise Needed Pls - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Meeting Cos Of Wife Advise Needed Pls (41596 Views)

Uncooperative Wife, Advise Needed Pls / When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. / Must I Always Be The One To Initiate Sex With My Wife,advise Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Meeting Cos Of Wife Advise Needed Pls by GoodIsGod: 9:33pm On Apr 29, 2022
Go to that meeting if you are sure and very sure her family is not diabolical. If you don't trust them don't go. You might turn to a lefulefu if you go. Your wife will order you around afterwards and you will obey every instruction from her. Some families are like that. They help their daughter to charm their son in-law so that their daughter would have a upper hand in marriage. If you have a strong conviction that you are a child of God you've got nothing to fear though.

Concerning your wife call her and ask her to bear her mind. If she insists that she has no more love and respect for you. Have an audio recording for future reference. She might deny saying so in future. Keep the audio and then, free her. Tell her she is free to go pack her load. Help her with transport fare and bid her farewell.
Some advice seem crazy though but it's a reality.
You've got to know that a wife who has lost love and respect for the husband can poison him at any time. Same goes with the husband who no more loves the wife.

She has been honest with you at least letting you know she know more loves you. Where there is no love there you'll find hatred. Keeping her at home is dangerous.

I don't support disunity but when it comes to life and death, disunity is welcomed.

Stay blessed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Meeting Cos Of Wife Advise Needed Pls by yemi1504: 9:37pm On Apr 29, 2022
rockycongos:
My guy my wife is like dat, she is a baby and emotional giant. Ignore the punk, go to d meeting and be calm. Let dem battle it dem self. My dear she wil eventually move out of yor house. Just dont care. Be yourself. U dont try, make she go look bush.

Abi
Re: Family Meeting Cos Of Wife Advise Needed Pls by Kobojunkie: 9:43pm On Apr 29, 2022
Justkatty:
This story get as e be o
You've said hers

She maybe in one group complaining of your own character too
This is a faceless forum always try and open up, so you can get a sincere answer or tips on how to go on.
Marriage needs 1fool and 1knowledgeable person to make it work .
Abi oo! undecided
Re: Family Meeting Cos Of Wife Advise Needed Pls by barneystinson(m): 9:48pm On Apr 29, 2022
Genuine desire cannot be negotiated. You cannot talk her into wanting to be with you. Neither can her parents. With women, the medium is the message. Her disrepectful behaviour and avoidance of intimacy is her way of saying she's done with you. Move on.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Meeting Cos Of Wife Advise Needed Pls by dilini(m): 9:50pm On Apr 29, 2022
Oga, divorce her before you end up with premium tears, e get why...

Sominablack:
Greeting Nairalanders,
My wifes attitude has been unbecoming, disrespectful, avoiding intimacy for months, insultive and always playing the silent treatment which I have learnt to ignore.

I dont feel like honouring the meeting because I have done my best to follow peace even though I cannot fathom where I am at fault. At this juncture what do I do?

Re: Family Meeting Cos Of Wife Advise Needed Pls by President2001(m): 10:06pm On Apr 29, 2022
Calling family meeting on each other is good at all but for her to be adamant there must be something fishing
Re: Family Meeting Cos Of Wife Advise Needed Pls by Connected1: 10:07pm On Apr 29, 2022
Chase her away and be very fast about that oh.

Another guy is fuvking her and giving it to her the way you can't, so she now feels that you are incompetent.

That's how they use to behave, let that burden out of your life.

Get a new wife asap.
Re: Family Meeting Cos Of Wife Advise Needed Pls by Igwetech: 10:12pm On Apr 29, 2022
My dear try and squeeze out time out of your tight schedule to attend the meeting. While in the meeting if nothing meaningful is reached, make your point that it will be the last you will be attending such meeting. But from your narration, your in-laws have respect and good will for your family just that women always seeks advice or tend to imitate bad eggs. Your family will bounce back to normal my brother in JESUS NAME

1 Like

Re: Family Meeting Cos Of Wife Advise Needed Pls by EagleSquare1(m): 10:12pm On Apr 29, 2022
Good talk!

socialmediaman:
Has she always been like this?

First of all, you're African. Don't let your wife manipulate you into having some power sharing agreement with her or any of that sort. You're the leader in your home as far as your marriage is concerned, but being a loving partner and having a peaceful home free from avoidable rebellion may need more wisdom and better leadership skills.

Do you often micromanage your wife? This may not be necessary because she is a full grown adult and can make decisions of her own when you delegate tasks and responsibilities to her.

Take for example, cleaning of dishes. Some people do that while cooking and then after meal, while some people wait till after meal when it has piled up. As long as it's done within a certain timeframe (like morning, afternoon etc), don't try to control when exactly she does it, let her handle that. Don't see her sitting down for some rest and ask her to go clean the dishes immediately like she's some child. If she's lagging in her responsibilities (e.g. not doing the dishes at all through the day) due to too much downtime, then you can step in and demand an explanation, maybe she needs better time management.

If extended family meetings are not working for her, try couples counseling and see if that works, but I recommend you honor the invitation from your in-laws and possibly go with someone/people from your extended family as well, as witness(es)

Make your home conducive for her, but if she still insists on leaving and continues to be malcontent, maybe she needs some space for her emotional well-being, don't force her to stay so that you both don't end up in a toxic situation
Re: Family Meeting Cos Of Wife Advise Needed Pls by Justkatty(f): 10:12pm On Apr 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Abi oo! undecided
Yes sir
Re: Family Meeting Cos Of Wife Advise Needed Pls by Ken4Christ: 10:16pm On Apr 29, 2022
Sominablack:
Greeting Nairalanders,
My wifes attitude has been unbecoming, disrespectful, avoiding intimacy for months, insultive and always playing the silent treatment which I have learnt to ignore. Her mum visited and confirmed these attitude, she did counsel and advised her to change yet she was reluctant and stated she dont want to continue being a wife that she has lost love and feelings for me because I want things to be done decently and in order in my family which she is opposed to. Having observed this her mum left angrily and told the matter to her husband to confirm some of the issues of my wifes behaviour which I had stressed on and as a result had a family meeting with her family since I was invited not long ago.

Now with the attitude still being displayed by her, her dad asked me to come down to the village by next week so the issue will be discussed in their larger family so that my wife would come and explain to them why she is behaving the way she is doing, but not up to three months we had a meeting and now this one billed for next week again.I dont feel like honouring the meeting because I have done my best to follow peace even though I cannot fathom where I am at fault. At this juncture what do I do?

If you are a child of God, pray about it. I mean, if you are born again. Otherwise, first surrender your life to Christ.

Sometimes, marital issues have spiritual undertones. She might be under the influence of a wrong spirit that wants to ruin your marriage. You can take authority over that spirit and ask it to stop. If it's a spirit responsible, her attitude will change almost immediately.

But if it's something you are doing that she doesn't like, ask her what she wants. If it's something you can do just to please her, do it to save your marriage if you truly love her.

I strongly recommend you see your Pastor for counseling.
Re: Family Meeting Cos Of Wife Advise Needed Pls by vickydevoka(m): 10:22pm On Apr 29, 2022
Sominablack:
Greeting Nairalanders,
My wifes attitude has been unbecoming, disrespectful, avoiding intimacy for months, insultive and always playing the silent treatment which I have learnt to ignore. Her mum visited and confirmed these attitude, she did counsel and advised her to change yet she was reluctant and stated she dont want to continue being a wife that she has lost love and feelings for me because I want things to be done decently and in order in my family which she is opposed to. Having observed this her mum left angrily and told the matter to her husband to confirm some of the issues of my wifes behaviour which I had stressed on and as a result had a family meeting with her family since I was invited not long ago.

Now with the attitude still being displayed by her, her dad asked me to come down to the village by next week so the issue will be discussed in their larger family so that my wife would come and explain to them why she is behaving the way she is doing, but not up to three months we had a meeting and now this one billed for next week again.I dont feel like honouring the meeting because I have done my best to follow peace even though I cannot fathom where I am at fault. At this juncture what do I do?

Don't you ever beg her. That's shooting yourself twice. Please let her go
Re: Family Meeting Cos Of Wife Advise Needed Pls by Misterone: 10:23pm On Apr 29, 2022
Sominablack:
Greeting Nairalanders,

mumu! ask yourself again. what do you do? look my friend, that marriage has long gone down memory lane. there's no pretence in marriage. most time people show their true colours cause they feel they're secured. your wife has shown hers. if you go to that meeting and she later succumbs and change, know that she is pretending. she's only bidding time. you can't pressure someone to love you, never. before you realize, either robber will come at night and kpuff you or one guy will do you hit and run or police will arrest you for something you know nothing about. the list is endless. dump that azz before she dumps you six feet under.

3 Likes

Re: Family Meeting Cos Of Wife Advise Needed Pls by Misterone: 10:26pm On Apr 29, 2022
Ken4Christ:

If you are a child of God, pray about it. I mean, if you are born again. Otherwise, first surrender your life to Christ.

Sometimes, marital issues have spiritual undertones. She might be under the influence of a wrong spirit that wants to ruin your marriage. You can take authority over that spirit and ask it to stop. If it's a spirit responsible, her attitude will change almost immediately.

But if it's something you are doing that she doesn't like, ask her what she wants. If it's something you can do just to please her, do it to save your marriage if you truly love her.

I strongly recommend you see your Pastor for counseling.
stop giving stupid advise. ask her! ask her what? after about 2 family meetings? come! take time o.

1 Like

Re: Family Meeting Cos Of Wife Advise Needed Pls by oilmane(m): 10:31pm On Apr 29, 2022
Sominablack:
Greeting Nairalanders,

What are those things you want to be done recently? Are you compelling her to do the things you want done decently or you discussed it with her? Since you're thinking of dishonoring your father in-law invite as you believe you've done your best to follow d parr of peace do you want to go to war with your wife or what's your next move?
Sometimes we tend to force instead of convince our partners to do certain things, we end up making them revolt cos they tend to think we are oppressive, try to pet her into doing those things, start thinking of divorce if that doesn't work cos it is better to be single than be in a troubled marriage, go for the meeting but don't go alone, get some elders in your family to go with you. Best of luck

1 Like

Re: Family Meeting Cos Of Wife Advise Needed Pls by Misterone: 10:31pm On Apr 29, 2022
barneystinson:
Genuine desire cannot be negotiated. You cannot talk her into wanting to be with you. Neither can her parents. With women, the medium is the message. Her disrepectful behaviour and avoidance of intimacy is her way of saying she's done with you. Move on.
barneystinson, you nailed it soooo... hard that I can feel it in my bones. this marriage is gone. try to bring it and you are done.

1 Like

Re: Family Meeting Cos Of Wife Advise Needed Pls by alizma: 10:35pm On Apr 29, 2022
Sominablack:
Greeting Nairalanders,

Simple, by now your mind should be prepared for the worst, if I am right, then it is time for you to give her want she want. Tell her you need space and you want her to visit her family and stay for a year or so. Tell her you will be coming for visit, remember this should be an instruction not a suggestion. Once she leaves, don't call her except she does but you can send money to her but don't call. If she need you as husband, she will come up with something that will prove that, if not, let by gone be by gone and move on with your life.
Second option, stop asking her for sex, get a girlfriend outside, come home late and even sleep out once a while, she will come to her sense

2 Likes

Re: Family Meeting Cos Of Wife Advise Needed Pls by ikorodureporta: 10:47pm On Apr 29, 2022
You neva hear say dem no dey force woman to stay where she no like again
Re: Family Meeting Cos Of Wife Advise Needed Pls by olaarie(m): 10:57pm On Apr 29, 2022
One nigga dey bang your wife...wake up

1 Like

Re: Family Meeting Cos Of Wife Advise Needed Pls by medriano: 11:00pm On Apr 29, 2022
Sominablack:
Greeting Nairalanders,

Now with the attitude still being displayed by her, her dad asked me to come down to the village by next week so the issue will be discussed in their larger family so that my wife would come and explain to them why she is behaving the way she is doing, but not up to three months we had a meeting and now this one billed for next week again.I dont feel like honouring the meeting because I have done my best to follow peace even though I cannot fathom where I am at fault. At this juncture what do I

Marry a second wife please.
Re: Family Meeting Cos Of Wife Advise Needed Pls by elonmuskbaby: 11:03pm On Apr 29, 2022
theForth:

Do women truly love?
I dont really buy that.

All that is needed for a realtionship to run is respect and everyone pulling their own weight, the man providing and the woman nuturing.

women love.mothers are an example.
Re: Family Meeting Cos Of Wife Advise Needed Pls by elonmuskbaby: 11:04pm On Apr 29, 2022
medriano:

Marry a second wife please.
lmaooo man wey don get migraine,you wan add diabetes to solve migraine? grin
Re: Family Meeting Cos Of Wife Advise Needed Pls by Kobojunkie: 11:04pm On Apr 29, 2022
elonmuskbaby:
lmaooo man wey don get migraine,you wan add diabetes to solve migraine? grin
ROFLMAO
grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Family Meeting Cos Of Wife Advise Needed Pls by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:08pm On Apr 29, 2022
SIMPle are spoiling this world. Me wet women wan die for outside
Re: Family Meeting Cos Of Wife Advise Needed Pls by phemmyfour: 11:09pm On Apr 29, 2022
Sominablack:
Greeting Nairalanders,

She is asking for a divorce...give it to her
Re: Family Meeting Cos Of Wife Advise Needed Pls by openmine(m): 11:28pm On Apr 29, 2022
MartinCorridon:
Any wife who's disrespectful has cheated or will cheat.

That's a final stage. Shows she's not emotionally committed.
Simple!
Enough said!
Re: Family Meeting Cos Of Wife Advise Needed Pls by socialmediaman: 11:49pm On Apr 29, 2022
King2019:

African
Have humans become something that can be separated by geography or regions dictated by the past
Everyone is equal before the creator the faster you realise this the better for you.

Your culture remains your culture, and doesn’t make you less or more of a human. In the workplace for instance, the fact that you work for a boss and perform your duties under his leadership doesn’t make you less of a human. Even in a team, there’s leadership in that team and the leader is not even necessarily the or most talented or intelligent

That’s how marriage is. There’s a designated leader for the union (the man) and it has been that way since the beginning of time as documented by the Bible which is one of the oldest references to human civilization. This doesn’t in any way make the man more human or make the woman less human. You guys are subscribing to so much ignorance, misinformation and manipulation

Stop deceiving yourself, every society or organization has some culture even if the culture is something that resembles “no culture”. Africans have a culture just like many other societies of the world. Even a very democratic and modern UK has a Monarchy that descends along bloodlines so don’t even start
Re: Family Meeting Cos Of Wife Advise Needed Pls by CAPSLOCKED: 12:11am On Apr 30, 2022
Sominablack:

My wifes attitude has been unbecoming, disrespectful, avoiding intimacy for months, insultive and always playing the silent treatment

I WANT YOU TO UNDERSTAND THAT THERE'S NO AMOUNT OF MEETINGS, SPEECHES, AND PRAYERS, THAT WOULD CHANGE THE SITUATION OF THINGS. THIS IS WHAT 90% OF MARRIAGES HAVE BECOME, UNFORTUNATELY, YOU DON'T KNOW THIS BECAUSE JUST LIKE MOST MEN, YOU BELIEVE THAT RELATIONSHIPS AND MARRIAGES ARE BEAUTIFUL THINGS THAT LAST IN ENJOYMENT AND HARMONY AND LOVE. THIS ISN'T THE CASE, BRETHREN. MARRIAGES AND RELATIONSHIPS GO SOUR OVER TIME AND THERE'S NOT A THING IN THIS WORLD THAT YOU CAN DO TO KEEP YOUR WIFE'S HEART (AND VAGINA) TO YOURSELF ANYMORE. I'LL LEAVE YOU TO DO WITH THIS INFORMATION WHAT YOU WILL.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Family Meeting Cos Of Wife Advise Needed Pls by martinslaura: 12:24am On Apr 30, 2022
boldx:
Tell your own people to call a family meeting for her.

Guy na by force? Woman say she has lost love u no go thank God then find ur way? Must u die there? Abi na until she begin see someone else openly then your BP go raise.
Re: Family Meeting Cos Of Wife Advise Needed Pls by NNEVERAGAINN: 1:27am On Apr 30, 2022
GooodHardDick:
Oga, do you need a prophet to tell you that your wife has another guy banging her pussy? angry

Haven't you heard Nigeria girls are so useless, All of them? With her behaviours, you don't need anyone to tell you that your wife secretly and codedly has another dick banging and servicing her pussy. My brother Your wife Na Olosho, just as most Nigeria girls are. your wife is looking for a way to end that marriage and be with her new lover. That meeting definitely won't stop her from hoeing around.

Oga, You better divorce that girl for your complete peace of mind. Stop killing yourself, forget her and move on
but it not that easy to move on like you think
Re: Family Meeting Cos Of Wife Advise Needed Pls by Udemzy05: 2:02am On Apr 30, 2022
baby124:

Hmm. Hope you have not turned your relationship to master-slave relationship. She’s not your child, she’s your wife. Apply flexibility and trust her to take care of things. Maybe you are authoritarian and controlling. She’s tired of it. You can’t fully control and dictate to another human being. It will make your relationship fall apart. All humans desire free will and it is our nature. Try to be flexible and overlook petty things.

Maybe, maybe.
Smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... / A Nairalanders Wedding: To An Ethiopian Beauty! / My Wife Gave Birth To SS, I’m AA And She Is AS – Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.