Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

Public Displays Of Affection In Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Public Displays Of Affection In Relationships (4767 Views)

Should Ladies Also Ration Feelings Of Affection Towards Their Partner? / Do You Believe In Public Displays Of Affection? / Public Displays Of Affection - Only For The Married And Engaged? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Public Displays Of Affection In Relationships by Nobody: 12:26am On Jul 09, 2011
A Public Display of Affection (PDA) is the physical demonstration of affection for another person (Spouse/Lover) while in the view of others. Holding hands, hugging or kissing in public are common examples of Public Displays of Affection.

To You Forumites, Is it a turn on or Is it for attention? Do you do it? And most importantly, why do you do it?
Re: Public Displays Of Affection In Relationships by PureOhio(f): 12:30am On Jul 09, 2011
It can be both: turn-on and attention. I don't do it. It's kind of corny to me---get a room. undecided grin
Re: Public Displays Of Affection In Relationships by Advocator: 12:31am On Jul 09, 2011
This topic had been posted million times!

Anyways, there's nothing more annoying than a couple that can't keep their hands to themselves. It's just common courtesy to restrain yourself to what would be acceptable in a G rated movie. I don't want to be near people who are getting it on in public, it sickens me.
Re: Public Displays Of Affection In Relationships by PureOhio(f): 12:33am On Jul 09, 2011
Advocator:

Anyways, there's nothing more annoying than a couple that can't keep their hands to themselves. It's just common courtesy to restrain yourself to what would be acceptable in a G rated movie. I don't want to be near people who are getting it on in public, it sickens me.

Lol @ G rated movie. I agree with you.
Re: Public Displays Of Affection In Relationships by Advocator: 12:36am On Jul 09, 2011
PureOhio:

Lol @ G rated movie. I agree with you.

I like when a smart chick agrees with me. wink
Re: Public Displays Of Affection In Relationships by Nobody: 12:38am On Jul 09, 2011
Advocator:

Sure, When NL was like 2 years Old undecided. . . .  Refreshed! cool
Re: Public Displays Of Affection In Relationships by Nobody: 1:12am On Jul 09, 2011
Ive recently been dating a guy who is very affectionate. When we re walking downtown he regularly pulls me to the side and starts kissing the heck out of me! I think I turned a few shades of red the first time that happened. If we re sitting at a resturant booth he often slides in next to me lays against me and reads the menu. Always hand holding, etc. This was a new thing to me and I kinda like it! I think public displays of affection are fine if its not overboard,like groping of somethin like that.
Re: Public Displays Of Affection In Relationships by Nobody: 1:30am On Jul 09, 2011
^^^^^^Now That's what i'm talking about! cool
Re: Public Displays Of Affection In Relationships by MMM2(m): 3:11am On Jul 09, 2011
i dont just like public display,
i think is 4 small kidz. angry
Re: Public Displays Of Affection In Relationships by african1(f): 3:14am On Jul 09, 2011
Holding hands, and hugging is alright! the rest as I always say get a room.
Re: Public Displays Of Affection In Relationships by Nobody: 6:32am On Jul 09, 2011
;d
Re: Public Displays Of Affection In Relationships by Nobody: 9:53am On Jul 09, 2011
M M M:

i dont just like public display,
i think is 4 small kidz. angry

Ahhh, but when youre in love its very sweet. Its like youre spending precious and limited time together and the love just flows.
Re: Public Displays Of Affection In Relationships by Mynd44: 10:52am On Jul 09, 2011
‚PDA can be very nice especially if it involves a cheating guy and his GF catches them. Omo see fight
Re: Public Displays Of Affection In Relationships by Goldieluks: 10:56am On Jul 09, 2011
I love public display,holding and caressing my girl,in the eyes of every onlooker. grin
Re: Public Displays Of Affection In Relationships by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 09, 2011
Ill never forget, I was on a trolley with my guy and there were no seats left so we had to stand. He stood over me to help keep our balance, gazing intently into my eyes. Stroking my arm, kissing me off and on while I held on to him and we looked out the window Damn!!! It was so intimate! The whole trolly was electric and people kept watching us. Very subtle, cool
Re: Public Displays Of Affection In Relationships by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 09, 2011
^^^^^*trips*
Re: Public Displays Of Affection In Relationships by Omolola1(f): 12:05pm On Jul 09, 2011
Holding hands in public is OK 4 moi.
Re: Public Displays Of Affection In Relationships by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 09, 2011
There's nothing wrong in public display of affection but everything ought to have limit. Just don't display it like spanish people cuz theirs is so annoying
Re: Public Displays Of Affection In Relationships by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 09, 2011
^^^^ You mean the french too? Theirs have go over the bar! grin
Re: Public Displays Of Affection In Relationships by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 09, 2011
Mehn these spanish people re young n old re really really X over doing it lol the white folks aren't into it that much
Re: Public Displays Of Affection In Relationships by butterflyy(f): 1:36pm On Jul 09, 2011
Am into PDA wth my boyfrnd n am enjoying every bit of it. we do go 2 extremes too, dnt give a damn what u think abt it.
Re: Public Displays Of Affection In Relationships by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 09, 2011
WOW shocked
Re: Public Displays Of Affection In Relationships by Natasha2(f): 2:34pm On Jul 09, 2011
i love pda
Re: Public Displays Of Affection In Relationships by MsPotato(f): 2:48pm On Jul 09, 2011
I personally do not like to see other people smooching and eating each other up. To me its gross so I dont do it. But however, if its like holding hands or a small smooch is ok by me
Re: Public Displays Of Affection In Relationships by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jul 09, 2011
What i'm Advocating for is Holding Hands, hugs, kiss on fore head, light kiss on lips, kiss on cheeks. If e pass this wan, pls go get ya sef a room!
Re: Public Displays Of Affection In Relationships by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 09, 2011
I love PDA and have been guilty of taking it a bit too far sometimes. This reminds of John Legend's song, the chorus part when he says "we just don't care" is exactly how I felt smiley
Re: Public Displays Of Affection In Relationships by MeGaStReEt: 3:06pm On Jul 09, 2011
I forck anywhere i like, on the streets, if e hungry you come join me grin grin grin
Re: Public Displays Of Affection In Relationships by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 09, 2011
MeGaStReEt:

I forck anywhere i like, on the streets, if e hungry you come join me grin grin grin

Yay! Clap for ya sef!!! We need more people like you in Nigeria!!! angry angry
Re: Public Displays Of Affection In Relationships by Konjour(m): 3:37pm On Jul 09, 2011
[b]Duh, Got these Spanish kids living beside my space and anytime you find 'em outside their crib,they always stop just short of having full-blown sex,

I see more than enough everyday,in malls, in queues, banks, restaurants, and even on bridge railings! (like some kinda Scottish 15-16 year olds i saw

on the Clyde bridge sometime in February seriously necking while sitting on the edge of the railings, a couple of days later,newspapers reported that a

young couple were in an ''embrace'' and fell off about 60 meters into the river from almost the exact spot i'd seen those teens earlier.  undecided undecided

I take subtle public displays as an affectionate medium of showing-off and exhibiting your "blossoming" relationship to whoever cares to care (i've done

a bit of that anyways), but there's a thick line somewhere between showing your extent of affection and showing your extent of belly-churning

stupidity, If my girl stops in the middle of a public express road or on the railing of a suspension bridge and decides to brandish me a kiss there shocked she

can soooo expect a fisticuff and some good ol' military shoving!   grin  grin cool[/b]
Re: Public Displays Of Affection In Relationships by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 09, 2011
Lol @ "good ol' Military Shoving"! May that not be her portion! grin
Re: Public Displays Of Affection In Relationships by buzugee(m): 4:58pm On Jul 09, 2011
if you are under 16, yay

if you are over 25, nayy

if you are between 16 and 25, depends on the situation and circumstances.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Are Your Weaknesses? / She Faints In My Room / Desperate Men, Thirsty Guys On Social Media. [Photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.