Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,614 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri (8229 Views)

Photos Of Victims Of Maiduguri Bomb Blast / Professor Olayinka Is New VC Of University Of Ibadan / Scene Of Maiduguri Market Bombing (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by Roland17(m): 4:39pm On Jul 12, 2011
I hope they stop targeting southern students in tertiary institutions in the north,
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by Rich4god(m): 4:40pm On Jul 12, 2011
Am even tired of all this muslims sef, Even though i know that BH does not represent the view of the muslims, They sholud just declare state of emergency in those affected states. Am sure if it were to be a southern militant killing muslim in the southern part of Nigeria, there would have been a religious crisis up north. Most i wonder why we Xtian fold our hands and watch our brothers been killed in the north.
Time for Nigeria to start importing drones for survellance.

Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by hillsate: 4:43pm On Jul 12, 2011
Lets keep all sentiments aside. What course is boko haram fighting for?
people keep bringing up MEND each time boko haram is mentioned.
MEND were fighting marginalization and depravity.They had a course and were not killing innocent nigerians (in most cases) but rather targeted their rage at government and government installations.
Boko haram are fighting a religious course to turn Nigeria into an Islamic nation and in most cases have been killing innocent Nigerians.

These are the offshoots:
1. Why are the Muslim leaders especially the Sultan not condemning the acts of boko haram. i hope we all remember silence is consent.
2. why are Muslims not condemning the acts of boko haram? The only reason i see in their silence is that they secretly but strongly support what the boko haram is doing.
3. Why is it taking Jonathan eternity to address this boko haram thing? The only reasons i see for his silence  are, he has been charmed, he's clueless or simply afraid. I can bet you this boko haram thing wouldnt have gone this far under OBASANJO.  
4. Muslims should not condemn Christians for being against boko haram. The truth is that if boko haram were fighting injustice, poverty, corruption, Nigerians irrespective of their religious affiliation will line up behind boko haram.
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by MMM2(m): 4:47pm On Jul 12, 2011
Thank God am not from 9ja.
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by Muza(m): 4:48pm On Jul 12, 2011
curfew nd siege in Abuja,now closing of Unimaid,
Boko haram has won yet another round.

GEJ is prolly still celebrating his 'overwhelming' victory
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by GMcompere: 4:50pm On Jul 12, 2011
Am sorry that some of you may not agree with me.
Lord Lugard was the that brought us together, but are we meant to be as one?

Apart from the Boko Haram issue, Nigeria has failed to make progress. Every decision is x-rayed from ethnic and religious views and this is slowing us down.

In my opinion, i think we should just separate and each region should go their own ways, then we can have peace and proper development.
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by gentlem80(m): 5:00pm On Jul 12, 2011
The state of the nation needs proper attention and the silly motherf**ker we have at tghe helm of power is only stupidly interested dashing people posts all in the name of sharing the nation cake at the expense of the the people these BH guys are slaughtering. I'm really afraid and very doubtful of the soverignty of Nigeria in the coming months if GE "bleeping" J still couldnt figure out the way to tackle this menace. Why cant they declare a state of emergency in the affected states? What is the Nigeria Army doing? or are they ready to take over from the sleeping dog of a president we have? I really do not know how a Republic of over 150 million right thinking souls (excluding the thieves) couldnt solve their problems for over 50 yrs now. I still dont know what to bleeping say cause I really get pissed with the state of Nigeria!!!!
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by gentlem80(m): 5:02pm On Jul 12, 2011
GMcompere:

Am sorry that some of you may not agree with me.
Lord Lugard was the that brought us together, but are we meant to be as one?

Apart from the Boko Haram issue, Nigeria has failed to make progress. Every decision is x-rayed from ethnic and religious views and this is slowing us down.

In my opinion, i think we should just separate and each region should go their own ways, then we can have peace and proper development.

I totally agree with you on the separation thing jare. Its is high time we go our way. Haba oti to ge!!
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by mallorca(m): 5:05pm On Jul 12, 2011
Aso Rock will be there next target, Fresh Air my foot
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by GMcompere: 5:05pm On Jul 12, 2011
I think we have made enough sacrifice to keep this nation together. So many lives are lost and we have not been able to provide good leadership cos of ethnic and religious views.

I love Nigeria, but i think we have lost enough lives and resources to keep this nation. Our leaders are not perturbed at all because they are not interested in the good of this land.
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by nagoma(m): 5:06pm On Jul 12, 2011
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by mallorca(m): 5:07pm On Jul 12, 2011
mallorca:

Aso Rock will be their next target, Fresh Air my foot
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by nagoma(m): 5:10pm On Jul 12, 2011
Roland 17;
I hope they stop targeting southern students in tertiary institutions in the north, [i][/i]

Was there anything like tat before . or you just want to be heard?
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by Rooneyboy(m): 5:13pm On Jul 12, 2011
good news, they r using their hands to chase away pple and investors. Very soon they'll all turn refugees in the south.
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by owobokiri(m): 5:14pm On Jul 12, 2011
People who think that seperation will stop this nonsense are not realistic. Even if Nigeria will break up tomorrow, it is in the interest of everybody concerned including southerners to defeat Boko Haram now. They should be summarilly extinguished. If  you think that by giving them their 12 states things will be ok, you are making a big mistake. Once they have succeded in taking over the north, their next target will be the south. Since the days of Dan-fodio, these irritants have always visited the south with violence and while i dont mind seperation, i honestly dont think it will ever curtail the northerners penchant for violent aggression against the south. Total Defeat will.
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 12, 2011
Your President wants to wish Boko Haram away,when people finish fleeing Maiduguri and it becomes Boko Zone,then more terrorist or Freedom fighters will come into Nigeria tru Borno,then the carnage will start spreading to other parts.
meanwhile Nero is busy jolly jollying in Aso Rock while Nigeria is burning, i guess he will not take responsibility as the soldiers,the policemen and people that are dying in Maiduguri are not Nigerians,they are ghanians,
Mumu president,fresh air in deed
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by Lukkym: 5:19pm On Jul 12, 2011
am sad that things continue this way and the govt seems helpless or may may i say unconcerned! What is the essence of governance?
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by asscend: 5:20pm On Jul 12, 2011
owobokiri:

People who think that seperation will stop this nonsense are not realistic. Even if Nigeria will break up tomorrow, it is in the interest of everybody concerned including southerners to defeat Boko Haram now. They should be summarilly extinguished. If  you think that by giving them their 12 states things will be ok, you are making a big mistake. Once they have succeded in taking over the north, their next target will be the south. Since the days of Dan-fodio, these irritants have always visited the south with violence and while i dont mind seperation, i honestly dont think it will ever curtail the northerners penchant for violent aggression against the south. Total Defeat will.

Very well said,
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by asscend: 5:23pm On Jul 12, 2011
ehie:

Your President wants to wish Boko Haram away,when people finish fleeing Maiduguri and it becomes Boko Zone,then more terrorist or Freedom fighters will come into Nigeria tru Borno,then the carnage will start spreading to other parts.
meanwhile Nero is busy jolly jollying in Aso Rock while Nigeria is burning, i guess he will not take responsibility as the soldiers,the policemen and people that are dying in Maiduguri are not Nigerians,they are ghanians,
Mumu president,fresh air in deed

Just like they used Afganistan to train terrorist. They want a base.

You make a very valid comment, hope the govt reads ur comment,
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by Kalman(m): 5:27pm On Jul 12, 2011
hillsate:

Lets keep all sentiments aside. What course is boko haram fighting for?
people keep bringing up MEND each time boko haram is mentioned.
MEND were fighting marginalization and depravity.They had a course and were not killing innocent nigerians (in most cases) but rather targeted their rage at government and government installations.
Boko haram are fighting a religious course to turn Nigeria into an Islamic nation and in most cases have been killing innocent Nigerians.

These are the offshoots:
1. Why are the Muslim leaders especially the Sultan not condemning the acts of boko haram. i hope we all remember silence is consent.
2. why are Muslims not condemning the acts of boko haram? The only reason i see in their silence is that they secretly but strongly support what the boko haram is doing.
3. Why is it taking Jonathan eternity to address this boko haram thing? The only reasons i see for his silence  are, he has been charmed, he's clueless or simply afraid. I can bet you this boko haram thing wouldnt have gone this far under OBASANJO.  
4. Muslims should not condemn Christians for being against boko haram. The truth is that if boko haram were fighting injustice, poverty, corruption, Nigerians irrespective of their religious affiliation will line up behind boko haram.

You say Sultan and co should condemn abi?
Start from you.
If dem no go bomb you. Shey u no dey fear?
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by stagger: 5:27pm On Jul 12, 2011
Any Bokites who come near my state know they will be in for a massive slaughter. No joke.
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by Lukkym: 5:30pm On Jul 12, 2011
As we collectively voted GEJ to government, let's join hands to call on GEJ that ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by amarilo: 5:32pm On Jul 12, 2011
I am posted to Bauchi State for my NYSC and i must serve there nothing will happen. Let them try me and see who my papa be.
Nonsensetical !!!!!!!!!!
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by Mobsync(m): 5:42pm On Jul 12, 2011
Na wa for this country o Shocked

Bomb dey chase people for north, flood dey sweep people for south, Fulani dey terrorise for east, where we go come run go, Sad

stay 4 centre
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by valicious1(m): 5:44pm On Jul 12, 2011
THIS IS THE HEIGHT OF TERRORISM. I ALWAYS THOUGHT THE BOKO HARAM MENACE WAS JUST BUT A STORY, THIS MORNING WHEN MY NEPHEW IN UNIMAID CALLED ME TO INFORM ME OF HIS RETURN TO THE EAST I KNEW FOR SURE THAT THE SERIOUSNESS OF THIS ISSUE SHOULD NOT BE UNDERESTIMATED. PRESIDENT GEJ SHOULD MAKE AN OPEN SPEECH AS A MATTER OF URGENCY CONCERNING THIS ISSUE, BECAUSE I CAN SEE THIS MATTER GETTING OUT OF HAND. GOD BLESS NIGERIA(that is if God still wants a united nigeria)
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 12, 2011
i wonder why no body in the assembly never thought of state of emergency on that state! i know when kidnapping was a talk of the day in abia, the stupid DAVID MARk wants to carry out S.O.E on the whole of the east!
im suspecting somebody in the house must have a hand in that haram nonsense if not them all sad
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by LoveKing(m): 5:46pm On Jul 12, 2011
@topic

so Boko Haram has a state? lol
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by harrychido: 5:49pm On Jul 12, 2011
dis is very serious o, dis boko haram is posing a great treat to the sovereignty of this nation,GEJ should be up and doing, [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by EzeUche(m): 5:50pm On Jul 12, 2011
Toaskarity:

i wonder why no body in the assembly never thought of state of emergency on that state! i know when kidnapping was a talk of the day in abia, the silly DAVID MARk wants to carry out S.O.E on the whole of the east!
im suspecting somebody in the house must have a hand in that haram nonsense if not them all sad

Very true!
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by Gbenge77(m): 6:02pm On Jul 12, 2011
Closing down a university because of boko haram?
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by Roland17(m): 6:20pm On Jul 12, 2011
@nagoma
i would obviously forgive your unresearched comment up there because i am forced to believe u do not posses sound knowledge of your environment, may be you need to be reminded that graduates and corpers that have been killed in the north since the advent of this craze called BOKO HARAM,
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by emma700(m): 6:23pm On Jul 12, 2011
this boko haram again!, they are biting more than they can chew angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Might Be Unable To Finance 2013 Budget / 1984 Cartoon Of President Buhari Surfaces Online / Kebbi Government Distributes Bicycles To An Orphanage (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.