Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,833 members, 7,851,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:44 AM

Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe (20812 Views)

Shell Builds Mega Gas Plant In Aba / Airforce Jet Lands Ganduje In Abuja, To Join Buhari For AKK Gas Project Flag Off / More Gas Resources Discovered Offshore Lagos – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by confluence: 9:18am On May 07, 2022
Putin miscalculated in the ongoing war with Ukraine, I read on dw.com where it was stated EU nation are paying about €850 million daily to Russian Gazprom for gas and other related fuels . Just imagine when EU is able to find alternative for their energy needs
Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by Spizzy1: 9:18am On May 07, 2022
This country is full of myopic leaders.
This gas would have been one of the major reasons for attracting foreign investors to build factories and create employment opportunities for million of Nigerians.

Just imagine piping the gas round the country and then sell at a give away price to manufacturing firms. Then increase employees tax, give reasonable company tax, make a beautiful economic friendly policies.
All the government need do afterwards is to sit back and watch how investors keep jumping in with their billions of dollars.

I don't know why we have people that hate us as leaders.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by fineboynl(m): 9:22am On May 07, 2022
Why should we give Europe cheaper gas when we couldn't get cheap gas for domestic use. Even in a costly pipeline network that we would never recovered the expenses from.
Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:23am On May 07, 2022
AntiBMC:
This is the reason why they are trying hard to designate IPOB a terrorist group internationally. Cos if Biafra comes, no more free gas money for unproductive parasit£s from the arid region.
Does ur ipob region have any meaningful quantity of oil? It's time you guys realized that you are very dispensible. That's why no other region wanna identify with ur useless biafra project

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by Jsucre(m): 9:24am On May 07, 2022
Chukapage:
your hate and pain will not change location of the huge Natural gas deposit in Imo or Anambra Basin. The 2 largest critical gas projects of Nigeria is in Imo state,They are 7 projects the 2 largest are in Imo state grin. Hate won't change it. Make peace
go tell Wike
Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:26am On May 07, 2022
Spizzy1:
This country is full of myopic leaders.
This gas would have been one of the major reasons for attracting foreign investors to build factories and create employment opportunities for million of Nigerians.

[s]Just imagine piping the gas round the country and then sell at a give away price to manufacturing firms. [/s]Then increase employees tax, give reasonable company tax, make a beautiful economic friendly policies.
All the government need do afterwards is to sit back and watch how investors keep jumping in with their billions of dollars.

I don't know why we have people that hate us as leaders.
While you are busy point fingers at ur leadership, your own ideas are poorer than those of ur leaders.
Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by 9japride(m): 9:27am On May 07, 2022
They have not told us where the gas will be coming from? I am suspecting Imo state. Why so much concern in Imo state and not other northern states that are having insecurity? A new naval base is about to be setup in Imo state. It's only a diamond that needs protection.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by AntiBMC(m): 9:27am On May 07, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
Does ur ipob region have any meaningful quantity of oil? It's time you guys realized that you are very dispensible. That's why no other region wanna identify with ur useless biafra project

Coming from a vseless, landless entity without one single resource.... ur words mean $hit. Cow na resources? Rvbbish. Atleast you agree that we have oil.... even if na one cup. We have the highest gas deposits in the world. What do you pple have? Only to landgrab and beg for unity in a country that's not yours. Tah shift

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by aribisala0(m): 9:29am On May 07, 2022
At current level of consumption in Nigeria we have reserves to LAST US about 300 years

If we industrialize our consumption would expand
Let us imagine we raise our consumption to the level of Mexico

That is 5 times our current consumption 18billion CM X 5 = 90 billion CBM

Not really a big deal in global terms

Then we have gas to last us 60 years

If we use gas at the level of China it is just 20 years gas in the ground

So let us not deceive ourselves about how much gas we have.

We cannot get money from gas that will change our lives

So for me we should forget about export and focus on how to USE MORE GAS AT HOME

Let us be more ambitious for what we can do in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by Idiko1: 9:31am On May 07, 2022
NOETHNICITY:

American wannbe, the quest for Republic of Igboland or even Biafra does not demand other regions in the shithole called Nigeria to join the struggle. The instance of such idiotic project by a moronic government of Nigeria led by imbecilic goon instigates agitation for disintegration of the zoo called Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by VOICEofORIENTAL: 9:33am On May 07, 2022
Chukapage:
your hate and pain will not change location of the huge Natural gas deposit in Imo or Anambra Basin. The 2 largest critical gas projects of Nigeria is in Imo state,They are 7 projects the 2 largest are in Imo state grin. Hate won't change it. Make peace
Why are you bragging with ordinary gas?.. what of those that have gold, diamond, bitumen etc.

Pride is a disease.
Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by 9japride(m): 9:33am On May 07, 2022
ogbuefi677:

And wetin I like be say there are mad ppl in d East now who will make sure they don't tap even 1 cubic feet of SE gas.
When it comes to appointments,infrastructure and the presidency, they will remind us that we're 5%.
Their father
[color=#006600][/color]

They are not fit for president, but they good to be exploited.
Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by aribisala0(m): 9:37am On May 07, 2022
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

They are not fit for president, but they good to be exploited.

Facts and figures
how much gas are we talking about and where is it exactly?
Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by aribisala0(m): 9:41am On May 07, 2022
confluence:
Putin miscalculated in the ongoing war with Ukraine, I read on dw.com where it was stated EU nation are paying about €850 million daily to Russian Gazprom for gas and other related fuels . Just imagine when EU is able to find alternative for their energy needs
Just imagine when they are not able to find alternatives

Talk is cheap
If it was that easy they would have done it by now
The global energy market is connected and aggregate.
If they do not buy from Russia someone else will.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by sabreal: 9:44am On May 07, 2022
Osinbajo or peter will manage I well

Jagabandit or qthiefku will steal everything
Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by aigohior(m): 9:44am On May 07, 2022
we all know that the real sponsor of this project are the western, using Nigeria leaders. as the face.
Once it is complete they will start selling the gas back to us
Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by flamingREED(m): 9:45am On May 07, 2022
They should exclude Alaigbo gas from their pipe (line) dreams.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:49am On May 07, 2022
Idiko1:

American wannbe, the quest for Republic of Igboland or [s]even Biafra does not demand other regions in the shithole called Nigeria to join the struggle.[/s] The instance of such idiotic project by a moronic government of Nigeria led by imbecilic goon instigates agitation for disintegration of the zoo called Nigeria.

Stop telling lies man. Be bold to say how much you desire south south to join. Be bold
Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by 9japride(m): 9:51am On May 07, 2022
aribisala0:

Facts and figures
how much gas are we talking about and where is it exactly?
[color=#006600][/color]

Why are they hiding all necessary information? The mindset of conquest and chancing(oppression) can't move a society forward. It will always create issues. The whole country is so blessed that each region can benefit from one another. But it seems it's best everyone manage themselves because of unending suspicion.
Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by Spizzy1: 10:00am On May 07, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
While you are busy point fingers at ur leadership, your own ideas are poorer than those of ur leaders.

Bring on your idea. I am waiting
Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:05am On May 07, 2022
AntiBMC:

Coming from a vseless, landless entity without one single resource.... ur words mean $hit. Cow na resources? Rvbbish. Atleast you agree that we have oil.... even if na one cup. We have the highest gas deposits in the world. What do you pple have? Only to landgrab and beg for unity in a country that's not yours. Tah shift
I know that for illitrates anyone who counters you is from up north. Kindly go through my posts on NL and you know where I come from.
Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by techWriter3: 10:11am On May 07, 2022
More money to plundering
Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by AntiBMC(m): 10:13am On May 07, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
I know that for illitrates anyone who counters you is from up north. Kindly go through my posts on NL and you know where I come from.

Oga shatap. Literate my foot. I don't care to know where you come from. If you reason like an almajiri, you are definitely one. Fvck off my mention.
Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by Chukapage(m): 10:19am On May 07, 2022
Jsucre:
go tell Wike
illiterate Oil is not Natural gas nawaoooo
Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by Chukapage(m): 10:21am On May 07, 2022
Help2020:

Everything Google. That you even think Google has answer to all question shows ur level of ignorance, now let.me school you about how Google work. Google is a search engine, what it does is to search for you what has been posted on the internet,mainly things related to why you type in. And in doing so it have no way of telling if the what is posted on the internet is false or not. If I post nairaland is giving free 1m naira to member and post in on the internet, and you use google to search about it google will reveal it to you. Whether its false or true.
keep wailing your hate induced self has made the internet less credible lol... The height of pain and envy. Maybe you should share your own search engine with us since Google and internet ain't credible again grin
Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:21am On May 07, 2022
AntiBMC:

Oga shatap. Literate my foot. I don't care to know where you come from. If you reason like an almajiri, you are definitely one. Fvck off my mention.
Piggy are you sure you don't care to know where I come from. Why the thing dey pain you like this?
Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:23am On May 07, 2022
Spizzy1:

Bring on your idea. I am waiting
Oil cannot be subsidized for one and unsubsidized for another. What the government can do to encourage the manufacturing sector is to give them something like tax break.
Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by Chukapage(m): 10:24am On May 07, 2022
VOICEofORIENTAL:
Why are you bragging with ordinary gas?.. what of those that have gold, diamond, bitumen etc.

Pride is a disease.
"Ordinary gas" the same gas Putin is using to frustrate the whole of Western Europe and parts of Asia?You call it "Ordinary" ? The pain and Envy is REAL. Your see bragging because of your own issues. I corrected an IGNORANT fellow like you. Start talking when the so called gold and diamond can power the Enconomy like the FUTURE which is NATURAL GAS. grin
Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by SeunNotOwner: 10:30am On May 07, 2022
Idiko1:
While would any fool indulge in such wasteful and expensive project of laying gas pipe across the desert when such fund could be used to raise first class gas terminal in Niger Delta? Why do these dumbass southerners allow themselves to be used for the benefit of northern region? What animal created Timipe Sylva? I guess Ahmadu Bello was correct after all.

It is more cheaper and faster to pass gas through the Pipeline than shipping
Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by AntiBMC(m): 10:31am On May 07, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
Piggy are you sure you don't care to know where I come from. Why the thing dey pain you like this?

Eh cowwy... Cry me a river.
Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by frowland(m): 10:35am On May 07, 2022
Lexusgs430:
A project that should have been live since 1960 .........

Nigeria lacks credible forward thinking leaders........

Imagine this pipe running now, Nigeria would be receiving top leaders worldwide, negotiating for our oil/gas ........

Look at Dubai and compare with Nigeria, you would understand the fantastically corrupt shithole, Nigeria truly is......

UAE population is not up to 1m. The rest of the other 9m are tourists and migrant workers.
Nigeria on the other hand is 180m not counting illegal migrants roaming around the country unchecked. We should even be up to 500m if you ask me.
I get your point though but just saying - you know.
Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by stepaside2: 10:35am On May 07, 2022
aribisala0:
At current level of consumption in Nigeria we have reserves to LAST US about 300 years

If we industrialize our consumption would expand
Let us imagine we raise our consumption to the level of Mexico

That is 5 times our current consumption 18billion CM X 5 = 90 billion CBM

Not really a big deal in global terms

Then we have gas to last us 60 years

If we use gas at the level of China it is just 20 years gas in the ground

So let us not deceive ourselves about how much gas we have.

We cannot get money from gas that will change our lives

So for me we should forget about export and focus on how to USE MORE GAS AT HOME

Let us be more ambitious for what we can do in Nigeria
I am with you on this. We have to industrialise Nigeria and this needs a focused, long term thinking leader. The allure of gas export today is that it pays at least 5 times more than selling to the domestic market. Revenue is in foreign currency and is guaranteed as per signed contracts with offshore buyers. However, domestic gas revenue is often in local currency and irregular, typified by the pile of debts owed to gas suppliers who primarily feed our power plants. The chain is dysfunctional at the moment so can't be profitable for those in the value chain.

So a leader can recognise that issue, split short term development to feed export and domestic markets 50/50, use money from export to further develop the domestic market until a time it can be brought up to standard. A policy of moving domestic/export gas market development from 50/50 to say 80/20 can be developed over a 15-20 yr period. Challenge is, who will invest in that 50% seemingly unprofitable domestic gas venture in the near term? The IOCs will not, as demonstrated over decades of doing business in Nigeria. A leader therefore can negotiate and in certain circumstances mandate IOCs to invest 10-20% of investments in their profitable export gas projects in domestic gas projects and provide more incentives. In the short term, govt may have to subsidize consumption but gradually remove them over the years as the domestic gas market deepens and can make money commercially.

No option is easy in the short term but a leader with long term view will take measures today no matter how unpopular such measures might be. Such a leader should be able to communicate his/her vision to citizens, asking them for their support and understanding and explaining the pain points but with clarity to where we are headed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

G5 Governors Will Soon Shut Door Of Reconciliation - Wike Warns PDP / Bank And INEC Officials Refund N408.7m / Lagos State Government Suspends NURTW From Parks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.